**** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****

Perth to Paisley

14 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Tbh, I've no idea when the money is distributed, but even if it is at the end of the season, there's plenty of income that comes in at the start, eg season ticket money, or phased through the season, eg SPFL money, that we'll be able to spend some of the European money on next season. 

Funny thing is, we've finished 3rd with a shite parachute payment and the pennies you get tossed for winning the Championship, we've not even touched the prize money for actually finishing 3rd :D 

So lets do some fag packet maths :) 

3rd place: £2.06m

Group stage: £2.49m

Ticket sales: £1.4m*

Total: circa £5.95m 

(*I'm just taking our average attendance and multiplying it by £20. I assume tickets will be more expensive, but there are concessions to factor in too, there may be a better way to guestimate the figure but like I said, fag packet).

I'm probably at the more conservative end too tbh, hospitality will bring in even more. 

I'd like to thank Aberdeen & Hibs for keeping our seat warm :P 

I don't think the club has had this much money to play with in quite a while. If we're sensible with it, I think it could go a long way. Especially if its used to acquire more players similar to Beni. 

I wonder if we'll break £20m in turnover?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

gorgieroar
27 minutes ago, OTT said:

Funny thing is, we've finished 3rd with a shite parachute payment and the pennies you get tossed for winning the Championship, we've not even touched the prize money for actually finishing 3rd :D 

(*I'm just taking our average attendance and multiplying it by £20. I assume tickets will be more expensive, but there are concessions to factor in too, there may be a better way to guestimate the figure but like I said, fag packet).

I'm probably at the more conservative end too tbh, hospitality will bring in even more. 

I don't think the club has had this much money to play with in quite a while. If we're sensible with it, I think it could go a long way. Especially if its used to acquire more players similar to Beni. 

Plus any points money from the group stages with a bit of luck could be another few million 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
8 hours ago, Sooks said:

That is what I thought so the best thing to do since Anderson will be putting his money towards infra structure is for us to spend every other penny we make on having the best possible football team we can so that it makes more money season on season 

There will undoubtedly be other factors for the club's board to figure into how they spend/save for future years, but we must also figure in that previous years' losses can be set against future years' profits to reduce/wipe out taxable profit, so it may well be that Hearts don't need to spend all this financial year's potential profits to avoid paying corporation tax.

Many years ago, when Nottingham Forrest were flying high under Brian Clough, they signed Trevor Francis in the UK's first ever million pound transfer. They were put under much criticism for such a 'waste' of money but explained that, had they not spent it signing him, then they'd have lost a large proportion of the money they'd spent to the taxman. When asked why they didn't use it to improve their stadium (build a new stand), they replied that as it would be classed as a fixed asset purchase, not a trading expense, then tax would still be liable.

pettigrewsstylist
On 20/05/2022 at 06:06, johnking123 said:

Anderson will still help us complete the stadium. 

Corners?

kingantti1874
7 hours ago, OTT said:

It’s even more than that - we will get income from the Europa league qualifying round and if we fail to make in we get a parachute payment for going into the conference league.  And then it’s something like 400k per win in that.

Add in SC prize money and money from the run that is usually worth about £1m in total is it not.. 

The way i see it, we're really taking about "bonus" money. We'll have budgeted for a top 5 finish and maybe semi of SC I'd guess.

So id only count the extra few grand prize money from the league and the cup final rev.

The calcs above tho dont include the extra euro money. Tv, gate receipts, added sponsorship etc.

On top of pur already decent income which includes foh and benufishurries, we're as minted as we've ever been, with or without a Hickey shaped windfall.

Big gap from our income to the next club this coming season and its very important we do well again and make that an annual occurrence.

22 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Late sub for last 20 minutes of final game of season at right wing back.

Bologna won 1-0 at Genoa.

A wee cameo for him to say goodbye to the fans?

30 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Well done to AC Milan for winning the league. Great to see them back.

👍

PapaShango

Hickey is going to the very top if he stays injury free and makes the right move at the right time. He is technically a very talented player and it comes out in Serie A. Would love him to stay in Italy and head for a Napoli or one of the Milan teams. He seems a fairly sensible lad as well so I'm sure he will take the time to make the correct move. 

On 22/05/2022 at 18:06, Sooperstar said:

Well done to AC Milan for winning the league. Great to see them back.

This happened too

Rumours arsenal are tabling a 25 million bid. Anybody know the sell on percentage we negotiated. 

thanks 

Kalamazoo Jambo
8 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Rumours arsenal are tabling a 25 million bid. Anybody know the sell on percentage we negotiated. 

Yes, but not me.

(Hearts have confirmed there’s a sell-on, just not how much).

Dick Dastardly
15 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Yes, but not me.

(Hearts have confirmed there’s a sell-on, just not how much).

Over 10% has been stated, hasn't it? 

5 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Can only assume it's an off the record acknowledgement from Savage, doubt they'd print pure speculation after interviewing him on that very subject.

Kalamazoo Jambo
3 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Can only assume it's an off the record acknowledgement from Savage, doubt they'd print pure speculation after interviewing him on that very subject.

Most likely. It’s just not in Hearts interest for the % to be confirmed publicly.

part_time_jambo
On 24/05/2022 at 15:49, Perth to Paisley said:

Not a bad team!

Molina on the right. Is he any relation to Sam Molina?

Dick Dastardly
9 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Molina on the right. Is he any relation to Sam Molina?

Ba durum tssshh

png-transparent-elmo-drummer-illustration-animal-drummer-the-muppets-percussion-drummer-cartoon-drum-musical-ensemble.png

Fxxx the SPFL

This thread is going round in circles is it 1% is it 10% sell on are Arsenal bidding or not nothing new here move on

1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

This thread is going round in circles is it 1% is it 10% sell on are Arsenal bidding or not nothing new here move on

To sum up.. no one knows 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
2 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

1% but Celtic get nane o' that. 

FTFY

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

10 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

To sum up.. no one knows 

Would be stupid to reveal what we do have, would only make it more difficult to negotiate with clubs and players.

Peakybunnet
3 hours ago, NB GIN said:

thanks 

:notsure:

Perth to Paisley
56 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

:notsure:

Once again - its all set aside to pay for filling in the corners...or a taxi from Peebles.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, bistokid said:

Exceed 10%

:munny:

12 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Sell on is absolutely, gauranteed 100% minimal, may even be no more than £100k.

But it's also at least 10%.

And it may be as high as 20%.

Celtic also get nothing, thankfully.  But may get as much 30% sell on.

Bazzas right boot
On 21/05/2022 at 00:48, OTT said:

Hickey sale could add £1-£3m on to it as well and catering is another £x amount.

Catering is good because of the huge gp on the stuff. 

Not all of that money wil be profit tho, team travel , wages, bonuses etc will be an extra cost. 

Still huge for us. 

I reckon we'll be close to £8m better of next season. 

For context, It's more than an entire extra seasons wages. 

😁

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Thing is we've made a fair bit of money this term and in to next, we use it properly to strengthen and we will be in the same position at the end of next season. Onward and upward. HHGH 🇱🇻

johnking123

Hopefully we get cash from player sales to. We are a selling club still and just hope we use the money well. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Hopefully we get cash from player sales to. We are a selling club still and just hope we use the money well. 

Hope not. 

I don't want any players sold unless for stupid, stupid money. 

We're Trying to build a team and improve, we've already lost one of our best players. 

Last thing we need is to lose more. 

6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Hope not. 

We're Trying to build a team and improve, we've already lost one of our best players. 

It’s been happening since I’ve been going, which is a long time.

If someone excels, they’ll be off.

Hopefully Euro football will be an attraction to stay for most however.

Players will come and go though. That’s football.

29 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

A reality of modern football and where we are as a club but it just needs to be managed much better than it has been previously ........................ obviously if we get a good offer for a player and he wants to take it then we are not going to stand in their way but we have to think about the continuity of the squad too because so many times in the past we have found our self selling a player and having a crap season because we failed to replace them properly

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

A reality of modern football and where we are as a club but it just needs to be managed much better than it has been previously ........................ obviously if we get a good offer for a player and he wants to take it then we are not going to stand in their way but we have to think about the continuity of the squad too because so many times in the past we have found our self selling a player and having a crap season because we failed to replace them properly

Every club is a selling club. Players will always have their price tag. We, unfortunately, aren't at the top range. Yet. 

5 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Every club is a selling club. Players will always have their price tag. We, unfortunately, aren't at the top range. Yet. 

Yes I know that is the reality of things but that is not what I was focusing on in my post ......................... the problem is continuity and succession planning so we need to make sure we are not completely rebuilding every season and not constantly struggling to recover from the loss of key players like has happened in the past

PapaShango

The entire running of the club has improved ten fold since we were demoted. Has there been any further update on the Hotel in the new stand? Presume that will be an outlay that they think they will get their investment back on. 

23 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

The entire running of the club has improved ten fold since we were demoted. Has there been any further update on the Hotel in the new stand? Presume that will be an outlay that they think they will get their investment back on. 

I think the last update was that we had been waiting until the funding was in place and that it was expected to start soon ............................ I suspect Anderson is funding this and that it will be separate from the money we raised by qualifying for Europe

David McCaig
3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Hickey sale could add £1-£3m on to it as well and catering is another £x amount.

Catering is good because of the huge gp on the stuff. 

Not all of that money wil be profit tho, team travel , wages, bonuses etc will be an extra cost. 

Still huge for us. 

I reckon we'll be close to £8m better of next season. 

For context, It's more than an entire extra seasons wages. 

😁

Hospitality and advertising revenue to throw into the mix as well.

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Hope not. 

Yeah, I’m not even sure there is much of a market for players under £2m, mostly free transfers or nominal fees (exemption being mostly teenagers). Would say that anything less just means disruption and more hassle than it’s worth. 

If someone wants to pay £3m or something for Kingsley or McKay then fair enough that’s worth talking about. But anything less and we’ll be weakening for no real reason imo. 

40 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Hospitality and advertising revenue to throw into the mix as well.

Income from Scottish cup run also

• davemclaren changed the title to **** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****