**** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****

Perth to Paisley

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Fair enough. Walcott and Wilshire never fulfilled their potential IMO. Maybe due to the issue others have identified. The impact in the dressing room, in training and on the pitch of overpaid egos who were not good team players. For whatever reason Arsenal have underperformed for a decade.

I think a bit like Man Utd Losing Ferguson, Arsenal losing Wenger was huge. Not sure how well they've kept up with spending either though. Its like they're a big club that refuses to really spend on the same level as City, Utd or Chelsea.

They seem to consistently produce EPL level talent from their academy though. I think Hickey would do well there, especially with Tierney having recurring fitness issues which will likely follow his career to its conclusion unfortunately. I don't think Tierney's understudy at LB is much good either so a good chance there for Hickey to get some serious game time. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

Perth to Paisley

Ajer seems to have held his own ar Brentford.

Aaron would shine... but he's professionally better staying and playing in Serie A... downside it's into the last season of his contract which is only finacially beneficial for him.

Heartsofgold
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Would tend to disagree with that. Arsenal are alright at playing young guys... 

Fabregas, Walcott, Wilshere, Maitland-Niles, Smith-Rowe, Saka, Iwobi, Bellerin, Sczezny, Nketiah are all Arsenal Academy graduates within the last 10y or so. That's just off the top of my head. Even Tierney to an extent considering he was only 21/22 when they signed him. 

Fabregas was signed from Barca's Academy and Walcott from Southampton.  Will give you the others though and still a good, valid point you made.

Batistuta87
32 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Fabregas was signed from Barca's Academy and Walcott from Southampton.  Will give you the others though and still a good, valid point you made.

Apologies, you're right - Walcott was signed as a pro from So'ton but I believe Fabregas technically "graduated" from Academy to first team. He came from Barca at 16 and went straight into their U18s rather than the first team, but anyway... Aye... Both given regular game time as teenagers 👍🏻

Hickey's transfer value has dropped from 21m to 13m in 4 days.  If we believe any of this stuff, we'll get him back for nothibg when the window opens.

Bindy Badgy

If I was Hickey I would stay where I am. He's getting regular first time appearances in a top league and he'll get a different football education and life experience to what he'll receive in the EPL.

15 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Can’t see it.  He is a future captain at Emirates.  Real Madrid are breaking the bank to buy Mbappe in any case so unlikely to have the £50m required for Tierney. 

Thought they got Mbappe on a free? I know they'll be paying him a wedge, but they'd have had to do that anyway.

1 hour ago, jambo89 said:

Thought they got Mbappe on a free? I know they'll be paying him a wedge, but they'd have had to do that anyway.

No such thing as a free for those guys. Huge signing-on fee for player, agents etc. Then the ridiculous £0.5m per week wages and further agents fees. Interesting that his mother is one of this agents so I’m sure she will be getting looked after in the deal. 

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hickey's transfer value has dropped from 21m to 13m in 4 days.  If we believe any of this stuff, we'll get him back for nothibg when the window opens.

Will we have to give Celtic their percentage if we do? 

12 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Would tend to disagree with that. Arsenal are alright at playing young guys... 

Fabregas, Walcott, Wilshere, Maitland-Niles, Smith-Rowe, Saka, Iwobi, Bellerin, Sczezny, Nketiah are all Arsenal Academy graduates within the last 10y or so. That's just off the top of my head. Even Tierney to an extent considering he was only 21/22 when they signed him. 

Coquellin, Gnabry, Reiss-Nelson and the list just gets longer. 

Bazzas right boot

Hopefully he's sold this summer as after that the contract situation favours a free transfer or cut price deal. 

Get him sold now  to whoever for the most £. 

We can get  our 100k and Celtic their 30%. 😎

Glamorgan Jambo

Bologna won’t let him run down his contract if they don’t sell him this summer. And they’ll be in a position to offer an improved deal consistent with his progression from squad member to Serie A first team regular.

Huge game tonight. I fancy Monza will get something at Brescia in their quest for Serie A status.

Seemingly there is another game on tonight. Some cup thingy !

😂

ford donald
2 hours ago, Bindy Badgy said:

If I was Hickey I would stay where I am. He's getting regular first time appearances in a top league and he'll get a different football education and life experience to what he'll receive in the EPL.

He is a top class player,no doubt about that,anyone buying him is getting the full package,two footed,mature outlook,nothing to dislike about him,loads of clubs want him,just comes down to the cost.I wish him well wherever he goes.

24 minutes ago, ford donald said:

He is a top class player,no doubt about that,anyone buying him is getting the full package,two footed,mature outlook,nothing to dislike about him,loads of clubs want him,just comes down to the cost.I wish him well wherever he goes.

Yes exactly there are some who for reasons unknown seem to refuse to recognise how good this guy is but thank fully Aaron has more confidence in his own ability .............................. he is going straight to the top

LarrysRightFoot

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/exclusive-hearts-confirm-sell-on-clause-in-aaron-hickeys-bologna-deal-3698586

Savage did not confirm the exact percentage figure of the sell-on clause but it is believed to exceed ten per cent. 

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

BackOfTheNet

Exclusive: Hearts confirm sell-on clause in Aaron Hickey's Bologna deal

Hearts have confirmed a sell-on clause in Aaron Hickey’s Bologna deal which stands to earn the Edinburgh club a significant seven-figure sum.

Wednesday, 18th May 2022, 10:06 am

Brentford are one of the leading candidates to sign the Scotlandinternational defender in a £13million transfer, with Arsenal, Newcastle United and Napoli also credited with an interest.

Hearts are monitoring the situation from afar as they will be due a portion of any fee paid to Bologna. Sporting director Joe Savage confirmed to the Evening News that a sell-on agreement is in place.

Tynecastle officials stipulated when selling Hickey to the Italians in September 2020 that they should get a percentage of any future sale. The 19-year-old has played consistently in Serie A, scoring five times in 35 appearances this season and making his international debut against Poland in March.

His performances at both left-back and right-back have attracted attention from other clubs in both Italy and England. “There definitely is a sell-on. There are a lot of rumours but we need to see if they will come true or not and whether Aaron is actually going to sign for another club,” said Savage.

“We are delighted for him as a player and a person. He has been brilliant over in Italy so we're pleased about that. We do have a sell-on so we do get a percentage of any sale, so it should be good for the club.”

Savage added that the clause is simply sensible management by Hearts. “Any club in the world developing and selling players, you have to protect yourself,” he said.

“You want a sell-on in the deal, you want some sort of add-ons in it or a buy-back option. Whatever it may be, you need to look after the interests of your own club. Hearts did that with Aaron.”

Aaron Hickey in action for Scotland.

Savage did not confirm the exact percentage figure of the sell-on clause but it is believed to exceed ten per cent. Hickey’s transfer to Bologna accounted for most of the £944,000 Hearts earned from player sales during the 2020/21 campaign.

RustyRightPeg
14 hours ago, Sooks said:

I think Hickey would thrive at Arsenal 

Same. They signed Tomiyasu from them last summer, another two footed full back and he did really well in the first half of the season, injuries slowed him a bit in the second. 

Bologna will be rubbing their hands, £40M odd from two full backs in two years. 

20 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Same. They signed Tomiyasu from them last summer, another two footed full back and he did really well in the first half of the season, injuries slowed him a bit in the second. 

Bologna will be rubbing their hands, £40M odd from two full backs in two years. 

Minus the £2m hearts will get from the transfer

On 07/05/2022 at 21:45, SMJ_1874 said:

Don’t get your hopes up or you going to be majorly disappointed. The AH sell on clause is a disaster for us. Thread should be closed. 

On 07/05/2022 at 21:50, Sooks said:

I have no idea if this is true or not but I will screen capture your post and keep a mental note to reply when he is sold …….. hope you are wrong 

On 07/05/2022 at 21:56, SMJ_1874 said:

Please bookmark this as I ain’t kidding anyone. I’d love to be wrong but sadly not. Won’t get into the nuts and bolts of it but people thinking we are in for a major pay day when he moves are delusional.

Won’t matter if he’s sold for £1M, £20M or £200M. Just another example of having the wrong people at the wrong time overseeing a bad period of time with this particular transaction for our club. 

On 07/05/2022 at 22:25, Sooks said:

Actually why will you not get in to the nuts and bolts …………. Seems only fair that you do

22 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Exclusive: Hearts confirm sell-on clause in Aaron Hickey's Bologna deal

Hearts have confirmed a sell-on clause in Aaron Hickey’s Bologna deal which stands to earn the Edinburgh club a significant seven-figure sum.

Wednesday, 18th May 2022, 10:06 am

Brentford are one of the leading candidates to sign the Scotlandinternational defender in a £13million transfer, with Arsenal, Newcastle United and Napoli also credited with an interest.

Hearts are monitoring the situation from afar as they will be due a portion of any fee paid to Bologna. Sporting director Joe Savage confirmed to the Evening News that a sell-on agreement is in place.

Tynecastle officials stipulated when selling Hickey to the Italians in September 2020 that they should get a percentage of any future sale. The 19-year-old has played consistently in Serie A, scoring five times in 35 appearances this season and making his international debut against Poland in March.

His performances at both left-back and right-back have attracted attention from other clubs in both Italy and England. “There definitely is a sell-on. There are a lot of rumours but we need to see if they will come true or not and whether Aaron is actually going to sign for another club,” said Savage.

“We are delighted for him as a player and a person. He has been brilliant over in Italy so we're pleased about that. We do have a sell-on so we do get a percentage of any sale, so it should be good for the club.”

Savage added that the clause is simply sensible management by Hearts. “Any club in the world developing and selling players, you have to protect yourself,” he said.

“You want a sell-on in the deal, you want some sort of add-ons in it or a buy-back option. Whatever it may be, you need to look after the interests of your own club. Hearts did that with Aaron.”

Savage did not confirm the exact percentage figure of the sell-on clause but it is believed to exceed ten per cent. Hickey’s transfer to Bologna accounted for most of the £944,000 Hearts earned from player sales during the 2020/21 campaign.

I think your info was bull shite then mate

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

👏

Tremendous. 😀

Probably sign a new contract and end up staying after all this chat. 

The quicker he moves for big money the better 

Riccarton3
5 minutes ago, theshed said:

Probably sign a new contract and end up staying after all this chat. 

The quicker he moves for big money the better 

Only going to get better

Riccarton3
On 14/05/2022 at 19:24, Italian Lambretta said:

100k that's all we'll get from the deal

Conservative estimate

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Love it 

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, brux said:

Minus the £2m hearts will get from the transfer

And whatever Celtic get.... 😉 

39 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Only going to get better

Not meaning the poster you replied to in particular but this will be the next trolling avenue when it comes to sowing negativity about Hickeys sell on clause : - D

Randy Marsh
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Indeed.  I think said poster may well be the one 'majorly disappointed' when John McGinn see's out his Villa contract and Hibs get absolutely feck all.🤣

I P Knightley
22 hours ago, Sooks said:

I am loving the idea that Hickey needs to the Bees to develop after proving a success in Serie A

There's a lot of sense in the argument.

1. He's only 19. Perhaps better to develop in small steps than to take one massive step and fall on your face?

2. Game time. At Brentford, he'd be a slightly bigger fish in a medium-sized pond. I don't know enough about the rest of their squad but they are less likely than the Arse to make that sort of investment only to stick the guy on the bench.

3. Opposition. (Coupled to the amount of game time). He'd be up against more international class attackers more regularly which would test him harder and more frequently. A lot more to analyse and think about. I always think this about defenders - if I were choosing an international side, I would look at clubs where the midfield isn't great at shutting down attacks, so the defenders have to do more work week in, week out.

1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

Indeed.  I think said poster may well be the one 'majorly disappointed' when John McGinn see's out his Villa contract and Hibs get absolutely feck all.🤣

Every chance he was just fed duff info but if so he needs to no longer give that source as much credit for knowing any thing in future especially when repeating it on a fans forum with such total certainty like he did : - D

1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

There's a lot of sense in the argument.

1. He's only 19. Perhaps better to develop in small steps than to take one massive step and fall on your face?

2. Game time. At Brentford, he'd be a slightly bigger fish in a medium-sized pond. I don't know enough about the rest of their squad but they are less likely than the Arse to make that sort of investment only to stick the guy on the bench.

3. Opposition. (Coupled to the amount of game time). He'd be up against more international class attackers more regularly which would test him harder and more frequently. A lot more to analyse and think about. I always think this about defenders - if I were choosing an international side, I would look at clubs where the midfield isn't great at shutting down attacks, so the defenders have to do more work week in, week out.

I disagree I think he has stepped up impeccably to a higher level already and that the smaller step up from Balogna to one of the bigger clubs will not pose any problems for him at all

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Odd conflicting stories between the Brentford offer and the Arsenal offer - with Arsenal rumours being that reps met and terms were effectively agreed.

Just goes to show it’s not just JKB that is full of bullshit about transfers.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Re stepping up.

Bologna to Arsenal is not as big a step up from Hull to Liverpool as Robertson did. 

6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Re stepping up.

Bologna to Arsenal is not as big a step up from Hull to Liverpool as Robertson did. 

I agree and also Bologna to Brentford is not really a step up at all

Bungalow Bill
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I agree and also Bologna to Brentford is not really a step up at all

Agree, It’s not a step-up at all. 

Edited by Apache Mal

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I disagree I think he has stepped up impeccably to a higher level already and that the smaller step up from Balogna to one of the bigger clubs will not pose any problems for him at all

Agree with this,  he’s done ever so well to step up the way he has with Bologna.   He shouldn’t let his age hold himself back.  He can play at EPL, no question.   For me though it’s more about it being the right team and level of competition for places that might matter most.   His adaptability is a huge asset though.  

gorgieroar

Great news Joe savage has confirmed that there is a percentage sell on clause in the Hickey contract.

gorgieroar
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Where did you see this?

He done an interview with edinburgh evening news says percentage is above 10% so 15% is real possibility. 

Edited by gorgieroar

I take it those no good manky tramps from the East End of Glasgow are entitled to **** all?

ford donald
11 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I think he has a value of 15-20m,proved hisself in top league in Italy,no gamble with him,would be surprised if went for less.

innerjambo
10 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Where did you see this?

Evening News article, quoting Savage.

On 17/05/2022 at 08:49, Smithee said:

Just spotted your avatar after this popped up in my FB feed, apparently I printed it 6 years ago today.

FB_IMG_1652773671979.thumb.jpg.c52055d82b524dd8e8567ac7d3aa90fe.jpg

Great minds...

I like the top bud 👌 

innerjambo
9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I take it those no good manky tramps from the East End of Glasgow are entitled to **** all?

Looks like it from the article, but I guess we'll have to wait for confirmation on that after any deal.

davemclaren
23 minutes ago, gorgieroar said:

Great news Joe savage has confirmed that there is a percentage sell on clause in the Hickey contract.

Link?

• davemclaren changed the title to **** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****