**** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****

Perth to Paisley

Hagar the Horrible
Just now, Tazio said:

I thought Goofy was a horse? Years of confusion. 

Most people think he is a dog, but why would he have a pet dog?

He is an Aberdeen Angus

Good triva question

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Because Goofy is a cow, of course he has a dug....duh

Goofy is a cow native to Scotland I beleive

Is goofy no a dug?

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Most people think he is a dog, but why would he have a pet dog?

He is an Aberdeen Angus

Good triva question

Google to the rescue!

'Is Goofy a human, or a dog? I once met Bill Farmer, who does the voice of Goofy, and he gave me the definitive answer: "Pluto is definitely a dog. Goofy is sort of the missing link between dog and man."'

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/a-goofy-movie-1995

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Is goofy no a dug?

I've always thought so, and according to Wikipedia in his first appearance he was called Dippy Dawg, the name later changed to Goofy.  

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, SCFHearts said:

How much for us then with the sell on ??

No-one knows despite the question being asked at least 100 times on this thread.

Think Aaron and Bologna could do better

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, karipidis said:

This is huge for the club. Similar money to the European football 

Nah, when we give Celtic their cut it will cost us. 

😎

Fxxx the SPFL
6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nah, when we give Celtic their cut it will cost us. 

😎

Ha ha good try they smelly bar stewards get feck all 

Leveins Battalion
12 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

100k that's all we'll get from the deal

Yip that's what's we're telling other clubs.😁

troonmaroon
35 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

A little more, but not much. What an own goal!! 😔

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

No-one knows despite the question being asked at least 100 times on this thread.

Think Aaron and Bologna could do better

From being at Hearts 2 years ago to joining the biggest club in London who could be in CL next season it's a decent move - you reckon he's above this???

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Have heard this or similar before. Why would we even think this was a good move at any time. Hickey always likely to move on from Bologna. Even if we had sold him for less initially then took a sell on clause later

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Have heard this or similar before. Why would we even think this was a good move at any time. Hickey always likely to move on from Bologna. Even if we had sold him for less initially then took a sell on clause later

because it’s not true 🤷‍♂️😂

vegas-voss
17 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Who was in charge of these matters then Levein ?

Absolutely shocking if it is this low by him.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

because it’s not true 🤷‍♂️😂

😂 will be glad when he moves so can settle this once and for all

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

😂 will be glad when he moves so can settle this once and for all

hearts won’t publish the amount purely for the reason that it will drive up the price we are asked for but Andrew McKinley said a 7 figure sum. 15-20% is my guess

Riccarton3
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

hearts won’t publish the amount purely for the reason that it will drive up the price we are asked for but Andrew McKinley said a 7 figure sum. 15-20% is my guess

Didn't he say a 6 figure sum?

Perth to Paisley

Zzzz

Disappointed he's not staying and playing .

Not ready for pace/power of EPL

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, SCFHearts said:

How much for us then with the sell on ??

Somewhere between 78p and about £3m.  The only thing you can take to the bank is that absolutely nobody posting on jkb actually knows! 

jamboinglasgow
16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yup, all guess work. Though it will come up in the accounts (though not broken down but part of player sales) but that could be at least 6 months away depending on when the money is given to Hearts.

FarmerTweedy
18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It'll probably appear in the company accounts eventually, although if we receive other significant money from transfers in the same financial year, it might still not be clear!  I certainly wouldn't expect the club to make any announcement on it, although I guess Bologna might!

McKinlay is reported to have said it would be a six figure sum during a Q&A at a shareholders association meeting several months ago. I wasn't there (mainly because in the 20-odd years I've been a shareholder, I've still not quite got around to joining yet!), so I can't say exactly how the question and his answer were worded, or say anything about his tone, body language, etc.  Joe Savage is reported to have said at the recent FoH event that we would be due a percentage. Again, I wasn't there, (although I am in FoH, I just happened to have shingles at the time!), so can't say anything about the specifics, although I think I remember someone saying in the thread about the meeting that Savage had actually said something about wanting to play it down. 

There are a few possibilities I can see.  It could be we are due a set 6-figure sum if he's sold on by Bologna. It could be we're due a set 6-figure sum but only if he's sold for over a certain amount. It could be we're due a percentage but with a capped maximum in the 6-figure range.  It could be a percentage with no cap, and that the percentage is a pretty low one that means the amount we get is pretty much certain to be 6-figures. It could be we're due a pretty good percentage and McKinlay simply didn't think months ago that Hickey would be sold by Bologna for more than a few million, so he didn't think our cut would amount to more than a 6-figure sum.  Or it could be that we're due a pretty good percentage that's going to bring us a pretty big sum, well above what we initially got, and McKinlay just said 6 figures because he wanted to try to avoid every club and their dog knowing we had another big chunk of cash potentially coming our way on top of what we're set to make from Europe next season, the Scottish Cup run, etc.

We can all speculate till the cows come home about what the truth actually is!

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, rory78 said:

From being at Hearts 2 years ago to joining the biggest club in London who could be in CL next season it's a decent move - you reckon he's above this???

It is a while since Arsenal were widely recognised as  the biggest club in London. 

Of course it would be a more than decent move. Just possibly not the best for him or Bologna. IMO.

Speaking as a former Arsenal ST holder in the glory Wenger years.

Bazzas right boot

Whisper it- but we have CL to thank for the Hickey money.

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It'll probably appear in the company accounts eventually, although if we receive other significant money from transfers in the same financial year, it might still not be clear!  I certainly wouldn't expect the club to make any announcement on it, although I guess Bologna might!

McKinlay is reported to have said it would be a six figure sum during a Q&A at a shareholders association meeting several months ago. I wasn't there (mainly because in the 20-odd years I've been a shareholder, I've still not quite got around to joining yet!), so I can't say exactly how the question and his answer were worded, or say anything about his tone, body language, etc.  Joe Savage is reported to have said at the recent FoH event that we would be due a percentage. Again, I wasn't there, (although I am in FoH, I just happened to have shingles at the time!), so can't say anything about the specifics, although I think I remember someone saying in the thread about the meeting that Savage had actually said something about wanting to play it down. 

There are a few possibilities I can see.  It could be we are due a set 6-figure sum if he's sold on by Bologna. It could be we're due a set 6-figure sum but only if he's sold for over a certain amount. It could be we're due a percentage but with a capped maximum in the 6-figure range.  It could be a percentage with no cap, and that the percentage is a pretty low one that means the amount we get is pretty much certain to be 6-figures. It could be we're due a pretty good percentage and McKinlay simply didn't think months ago that Hickey would be sold by Bologna for more than a few million, so he didn't think our cut would amount to more than a 6-figure sum.  Or it could be that we're due a pretty good percentage that's going to bring us a pretty big sum, well above what we initially got, and McKinlay just said 6 figures because he wanted to try to avoid every club and their dog knowing we had another big chunk of cash potentially coming our way on top of what we're set to make from Europe next season, the Scottish Cup run, etc.

We can all speculate till the cows come home about what the truth actually is!

A great summary of what we don't know.

What I am pretty sure of is that it won't be transformative. It won't make us competitive with the OF. It will contribute to us sustaining a gap from the rest which we should be able to do anyway with current resources including FOH funding.

Edited by Francis Albert

According to BBC Sport just now he's going to Arsenal for up to £21m.  Less than I would have thought but a tidy profit for them and a decent sum for us.

The money is pouring in, putting us in a really good position for next season.

Valois No1

If we don’t make over a million from the sell on then someone needs a kick up the backside at the club. Brilliant news if we do have say a 10%

queensferryjambo
9 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

It will show up in the clubs accounts, unfortunately there will be a long wait for that.

6 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Whisper it- but we have CL to thank for the Hickey money.

No we’ve got Aaron Hickey to thank. Levein played about a 10% part in it. 

Randy Marsh
1 hour ago, karipidis said:

This sell on clause should be enough to cover Damour's wages throughout his entire 4 year deal.  Just one of his many many shite signings.  Kudos to 'Our Craigie'.😄

4 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Fairly sure it’s 15%

That would be a nice out come is it based on some thing concrete

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

According to BBC Sport just now he's going to Arsenal for up to £21m.  Less than I would have thought but a tidy profit for them and a decent sum for us.

The money is pouring in, putting us in a really good position for next season.

Does "up to" mean it might be installments and conditional in some way? 

Under their American owners Arsenal are not the biggest of spenders these days.

BackOfTheNet

So wait, are we getting £100k (one off agreed fee for some reason), £210,000 (1%), £420,000 (2%), £1,050,000 (5%), £2,100,000 (10%), £3,150,000 (15%) or £4,200,000 (20%)?

Because I’ve heard all of these quoted at various times by different people with different “impeccable sources” apparently.

Dick Dastardly
15 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

We will be due that much as a solidarity payment never mind a sell on %, i think. 

I suppose we will just have to wait and see about any sell on fee for Hickey, I'm sure the press will report it if we are due a sell on % from the sale, even if it was 5% we will be quids in!! Potentially another bit of money added to the summer war chest for Bob! Happy days.

On 12/05/2022 at 00:26, cosanostra said:

Are you suggesting that Savage and Budge are lying or is it possible that you have some dodgy information?

No I have information. I’ve shared it privately with one of the mods. I just choose when to post. I can also tell you that Halkett is going for an operation straight after the final and we almost have a 6ft 4 centre back over the line too 😉

That’s remarkable for Hickey, in a few short years to go from Scotland to Serie A and now the EPL. Congratulations to the lad, he seems to take everything in his stride, wish him every success there. 

Interesting example - opts not to sit in system at Celtic, chooses Hearts as he’ll get a chance to play, and look how that ends up.  

troonmaroon
3 hours ago, karipidis said:

CL had nothing to do with the deal negotiated with Bologna. JJ was in at the time and dealt with it... 

49 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So wait, are we getting £100k (one off agreed fee for some reason), £210,000 (1%), £420,000 (2%), £1,050,000 (5%), £2,100,000 (10%), £3,150,000 (15%) or £4,200,000 (20%)?

Because I’ve heard all of these quoted at various times by different people with different “impeccable sources” apparently.

The bottom line is nobody knows on here! 🤷‍♂️

• davemclaren changed the title to **** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****