**** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****

Perth to Paisley

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Just imagine we have a 20 % sell on and he moves for £ 25 million in the summer we would be just about tripling our highest ever transfer budget you would think along with Europe cash

I’m working on the assumption of a conservative 15%. Hunch tells me it’s a decent amount higher. 15% is still a huge boost for us.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’m working on the assumption of a conservative 15%. Hunch tells me it’s a decent amount higher. 15% is still a huge boost for us.

it totally would be exciting actually 

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Just imagine we have a 20 % sell on and he moves for £ 25 million in the summer we would be just about tripling our highest ever transfer budget you would think along with Europe cash

2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Don’t get your hopes up or you going to be majorly disappointed. The AH sell on clause is a disaster for us. Thread should be closed. 

7 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Arsenal have two left backs, Tierney being one, won't be going to Arsenal for me.

There have been rumours about some big European clubs looking at Tierney. 

3 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Don’t get your hopes up or you going to be majorly disappointed. The AH sell on clause is a disaster for us. Thread should be closed. 

I have no idea if this is true or not but I will screen capture your post and keep a mental note to reply when he is sold …….. hope you are wrong 

Just now, Sooks said:

I have no idea if this is true or not but I will screen capture your post and keep a mental note to reply when he is sold …….. hope you are wrong 

Please bookmark this as I ain’t kidding anyone. I’d love to be wrong but sadly not. Won’t get into the nuts and bolts of it but people thinking we are in for a major pay day when he moves are delusional.

Won’t matter if he’s sold for £1M, £20M or £200M. Just another example of having the wrong people at the wrong time overseeing a bad period of time with this particular transaction for our club. 

26 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Please bookmark this as I ain’t kidding anyone. I’d love to be wrong but sadly not. Won’t get into the nuts and bolts of it but people thinking we are in for a major pay day when he moves are delusional.

Won’t matter if he’s sold for £1M, £20M or £200M. Just another example of having the wrong people at the wrong time overseeing a bad period of time with this particular transaction for our club. 

Depressing reading I do not know you at all so I will just keep my fingers crossed that you are wrong …………. If you are right then angry emoji ect 

28 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Actually why will you not get in to the nuts and bolts …………. Seems only fair that you do

Sooperstar
7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Actually why will you not get in to the nuts and bolts …………. Seems only fair that you do

Aye, just tell us what it is or don't bother posting. 

Perth to Paisley

Not this again ... ffs

Savage only a couple of weeks He said we get a % (only sensible interpretation of this is a fixed % of a variable fee - not a variable % of a variable fee [fixed amount]

Would be disappointing if he came back to UK at 19. So much to learn on the art of defending. The EPL relies on pace and power the two attributes he is currently lacking in. Would be a bad move   but given his unwillingness/laziness to learn the language it wouldn"t really surprise me.

Would be a waste.

Салатные палочки
7 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

😒

Screenshot_20220507-232344_Instagram.jpg

Aye okay but what's meowcat happypet up to?

Sooperstar
5 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Aye okay but what's meowcat happypet up to?

I do not like cats so I won't be able to answer that question for you, unfortunately. 

Randy Marsh
1 hour ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Oh well never mind.  I will will just console myself with Hearts making £4-8m from European football next season instead.  Gutted about this revelation. 😢 

19 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

😒

Screenshot_20220507-232344_Instagram.jpg

I assume you never spotted a certain soon to be ex Hears centre half liking a post by Ally McCoist Instagram on Thursday night/Friday morning

Sooperstar
10 minutes ago, lou said:

I assume you never spotted a certain soon to be ex Hears centre half liking a post by Ally McCoist Instagram on Thursday night/Friday morning

Thankfully not, Lou.

9 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Did McKinley not confirm this would be a 6 figure fee at most best case scenario at a supporters event?

queensferryjambo
9 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Odd as Ann Budge and Andrew McKinlay said that if Hickey was sold Hearts would get a percentage and they confirmed also that Celtic wouldn't.

They both were asked about it and spoke about it at the monthly shareholders meeting a few months ago. 

14 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Is that confirmed about making a bid? I had seen chat about it but nowt concrete. Would be some move for him.

I think Arteta likes quite narrow fullbacks that can come inside and allow the forward players to go wide. Could suit Hickey with being two footed.

'First is never final' goes the rule - but that was the first offer, from a few months ago. It's obviously going to be a 'chain deal' (dependent on a lot of other transfers) but if it happened - he'd be the second Scotsman to play for Real Madrid, the first being John Fox Watson (pictured below). 

Like the point about Hickey, Arsenal have a lot very good but very one-footed players. Martin Ødegaard being a great example. Phenomenal talent, but explicitly one-sided. 

image.png.6fb2f8e65d3f9b4ec9b98a1c78c44723.png

I heard that if Hickey is transferred we have to pay 20% of the transfer fee.  Anyone who thinks we don't is delusional.

The less he goes for the better.

39 minutes ago, Deodato said:

'First is never final' goes the rule - but that was the first offer, from a few months ago. It's obviously going to be a 'chain deal' (dependent on a lot of other transfers) but if it happened - he'd be the second Scotsman to play for Real Madrid, the first being John Fox Watson (pictured below). 

Like the point about Hickey, Arsenal have a lot very good but very one-footed players. Martin Ødegaard being a great example. Phenomenal talent, but explicitly one-sided. 

image.png.6fb2f8e65d3f9b4ec9b98a1c78c44723.png

That’s Jimmy Greaves.

N Lincs Jambo

Game live on BT Sports 3. H/T 2-1 Venezia. Hickey booked for a rash challenge. Studs not up though or could have been a straight red. Ok bottom half of Seria A but standard not any better than top half SPL on this evidence.

7 hours ago, briever said:

That’s Jimmy Greaves.

3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

It is indeed.

It is indeed, my apologies - too trigger happy with Google images. To make amends, here's where you can find him when you do a tour of the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium stadium, as part of the their international hall of fame.  He's in with some fine company, Alfredo Di Stéfano! 

Displaying 23 Watson.JPG

20 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

"a DISASTER" - LOL

Look, even if we ****ed up this deal at a time when we were transitioning from old camp to new camp - it still wont be a disaster. We are on the rise mate. One transfer "blip" sell on fee wont be a disaster for us.

Spending 10K a week on an owl loving pervert and getting no return on that investment might be thought of as a bit of a disaster though....

Edited by Jammy T

20 hours ago, Sooks said:

He's at it.....trolling....already been confirmed by Joe Savage its a percentage in a recent Q&A....🤷

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

"a DISASTER" - LOL

Look, even if we ****ed up this deal at a time when we were transitioning from old camp to new camp - it still wont be a disaster. We are on the rise mate. One transfer "blip" sell on fee wont be a disaster for us.

Spending 10K a week on an owl loving pervert and getting no return on that investment might be thought of as a bit of a disaster though....

Unless we have to pay Bologna, it's not a disaster, nothing worse than a disappointment. Even if we're not set to get a significant payout, it's also not necessarily a massive cockup on the part of the club, either. Hearts didn't have a unilateral right to tell Bologna we were having a sell-on clause and choose our own percentage. Bologna had to agree to any clause, and for any significant sell-on, they'd probably have demanded a substantial reduction in the initial fee. If, for instance, they'd said that for every 1% of sell-on clause, they'd pay £100k less of an initial fee, we'd have been gambling on him being sold for at least £10m later just to end up getting the same total amount, and despite what some people will claim now, there was no certainty when we sold him that he was going to be as much of a success as he has been. 

Of course, if we'd been able to get him to sign an extended contract, we'd have then had much more bargaining power, but with him only having a year left, we weren't in a great position to demand much.  Hopefully, with the club on the up, competing towards the right end of the league table and in Europe, and getting stronger financially, we'll be better able to persuade future Hickeys to sign extended contracts, and to then get better deals when they do move on.

RustyRightPeg
On 07/05/2022 at 11:54, Mikey1874 said:

Really good this. He’s a shy lad you can tell, he just wants to play football and take it as it comes. You forget how young he actually is. How much he’s done in only 3 years. 

cosanostra
On 08/05/2022 at 04:56, SMJ_1874 said:

Are you suggesting that Savage and Budge are lying or is it possible that you have some dodgy information?

invernessjt
8 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

2 Pens to the blue team 

Saying no more.

The 1st one was really soft. Even the commentators weren't sure which Juve player was supposed to have commited the foul. 

Unknown user
23 minutes ago, Boab said:

CDB4F40C-7159-441A-A071-8A68E846D959.jpeg

I always wondered, what are they things from Mickey mouse comics? Dugs? With stubble? And human ears?

(Also, why does Goofy have a pet dog?)

Edited by Smithee

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I always wondered, what are they things from Mickey mouse comics? Dugs? With stubble? And human ears?

They look a bit like Pete ................... you are right about goofy too and I think people miss the point when they ask what sort of animal he is when the real question is how come all and sundry animals from mice to ducks walk about and talk with human intelligence but Pluto wears a collar barks and runs on all fours

Hagar the Horrible
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Because Goofy is a cow, of course he has a dug....duh

Goofy is a cow native to Scotland I beleive

6 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Because Goofy is a cow, of course he has a dug....duh

Goofy is a cow native to Scotland I beleive

I thought Goofy was a horse? Years of confusion. 

• davemclaren changed the title to **** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****