• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

There was a calamity of errors by the team at times so the score was fair. Looked like they had Hickey playing a bit deeper as he wasn't involved much going forward down the wing that I saw.

A learning experience for their entire team today not just Hickey. Hopefully they don't slip into the danger zone and struggle to get out it.

Can only learn from mistakes. 

1st goal he seemed to be miles away from Berardi. 3rd goal got caught snoozing, wasn't even goal side. 

4th goal he seemed to give Berardi (I think) way too much space to play a killer ball behind the Bologna defence which led to the low cross and OG. 

Had a bit of a lesson if truth be told. 

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Can only learn from mistakes. 

1st goal he seemed to be miles away from Berardi. 3rd goal got caught snoozing, wasn't even goal side. 

4th goal he seemed to give Berardi (I think) way too much space to play a killer ball behind the Bologna defence which led to the low cross and OG. 

Had a bit of a lesson if truth be told. 

Berardi is a brilliant player to be fair, it’s crazy that no one bigger has ever picked him up(yet).

Marooned In Oz

He is so young to be playing at this level and will take him a good few years to get up to speed.  Once he does he will be a real asset.

Perth to Paisley
6 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

I am obviously slightly biased but ...

He was given a lot of responsibility when Bologna had a corner as he was one of the two left to defend a break - he did that well.

He was in good position when the corner was taken, then there was a horrible sliced clearance as he was moving out (as he should) and it became a free header.

Noticeably after that he was marking at the edge of the box for future Sass corners - maybe he should have beforehand as well! 

As said earlier it’s part of his learning but getting the 90 minutes was a bonus for him.

Bologna haven’t kept a clean sheet since February. ... no wonder when you see the second goal.

Turns out it was last September since they had a clean sheet.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Always going to be a learning curve playing in a top league with a relatively modest team. Ask Gareth Bale 

58 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Berardi is a brilliant player to be fair, it’s crazy that no one bigger has ever picked him up(yet).

Indeed, he is. That's the level he's up against in Serie A. Got a bit of a lesson today. 

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Lazio 7.45pm

20201024_184211.jpg

i have no idea which one of those is the keeper so I can’t tell if he is left back or right midfield 😂

Italian Lambretta

Good chance for ssnsonne to put in Hickey but chooses to ignore him and make a shit pass forward. Didn't want to dent his ego by letting the new 18 year old upstart out do him with a goal

Decent enough first half for him but probably in for a much tougher second as Lazio hooked their right winger and brought on Lazzari just before half time. 

1-0 Lazio. Defensive **** up from Danilo, rocket of a shot from Luis Alberto, not really much Hickey could have done. 

3 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

1-0 Lazio. Defensive **** up from Danilo, rocket of a shot from Luis Alberto, not really much Hickey could have done. 

Lazio still mostly playing down the left side - opposite side to Hickey. 

Maybe where they think the weakness is. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Perth to Paisley

Steady, tidy 89 minutes.

Didn't do much in an attacking sense and played it quite safe.

Solid.

Playing 4 games in a row is huge abf beyond his 'plan' and I don't think a lot of people get the step up from playing guff like St Mirren and Hibs!

This was Lazio in the  Stadio Olimpico!

On 24/10/2020 at 21:42, Mikey1874 said:

Next league game is next Saturday 31 Oct 7.45pm. 

Bologna v Cagliari 

Before that Bologna play Reggina tomorrow in the Coppa Italia 2pm. 

Hickey in the squad 

Perth to Paisley
28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Before that Bologna play Reggina tomorrow in the Coppa Italia 2pm. 

Hickey in the squad 

Presumably in the 100+ year history of calcio 2 ex Hearts players face each other in a  competitive match.

(Kyle Lafferty is s bench warmer for Reggina)

Perth to Paisley
17 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Presumably in the 100+ year history of calcio 2 ex Hearts players face each other in a  competitive match.

(Kyle Lafferty is s bench warmer for Reggina)

Lafferty starts 

Aaron on the bench ....with the majority of the 1st team

Not sure how the call up is going to work given there's a 14 day quarantine for arrivals from Italy. I thought maybe sports people were exempt but then Popescu had to quarantine before he could train with us, so I guess not. 

goldiebackwash1985
1 hour ago, Jamboross said:

Not sure how the call up is going to work given there's a 14 day quarantine for arrivals from Italy. I thought maybe sports people were exempt but then Popescu had to quarantine before he could train with us, so I guess not. 

Hickey is in the elite sports bubble so he will be exempt from quarantine. Don't think Popescu was training when we signed him so he had to quarantine.

Italian Lambretta
6 hours ago, Ribble said:

Aaron finally gets a u-21 call up

Aye seemingly he's impressed the SFA now that he's moved to Italy

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Aye seemingly he's impressed the SFA now that he's moved to Italy

In the 4 games he's played there. That's highly unusual that a non-OF Scottish player should fall outwith the gaze of the Scottish national teams until they move to the OF or away from Scotland.

Perth to Paisley

I think that was his best performance yet...getting braver and going forward more. Very assured 

Even Sinisa Mihajlovic was wearing a tartan bunnet!

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

This weekend Bologna v Napoli Sunday 5pm. 

Thanks for the heads up.

gonna try make it over when we are allowed.

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

This weekend Bologna v Napoli Sunday 5pm. 

Perfecto, will have Sunday Roast done and dusted in time so can watch, 

Riddley Walker

We had any more of the Bologna fans on since he's been playing? Would like to know what their fans think of him. Real shame we won't get to see him against Napoli.

Perth to Paisley

Not sure if Aaron will be allowed to play for U21's as some local Italian authorities have banned players from leaving the country to play internationals 

Bonus for Scotland as at least 4 of the Serbian team are out

Milonkovic Savic Lazio is the main one 

Other clubs i have heard included as Sassullo Fiorentina and Inter (Kolarov) 

• davemclaren changed the title to **** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****