Why would you NOT renew your season ticket!

belburgh

There are a few threads about why would you renew, my question is why not! I have just returned after a long time away and although I know we are not playing well just now we (Hearts Fans) have to be with our team through thick and thin times, so why would we not renew?

Because the owner and players are taking the absolute mick with their performances/attitude.

PS: I'll still be renewing, out of habit, nothing else.

There are a few threads about why would you renew, my question is why not! I have just returned after a long time away and although I know we are not playing well just now we (Hearts Fans) have to be with our team through thick and thin times, so why would we not renew?

:tumbleweed:

Thats exactly what I mean, yes we can all have a right good winge about whats going on. But as a real Hearts fan we will renew

If I was in Edinburgh I'd be getting a season ticket. Every year I live in hope that this will be our big year. But every year I'm away I have this tiny nagging fear that this will be our big year and I'll only make a couple of games. I think it was the 05/06 season that really drove that home. But to have that perspective perhaps needs you to be away. When you are going along every week to watch garbage, each loss spoils your whole weekend and money is tight I can understand having doubts.

I agree, but I have been away and have now returned home, I was for ever at midnight listening into the match on Hearts World, forever flying back to see them when I could and now that I have the chance to see them why wouldn't I get season tickets (if monetary needs are met) and watch them as much as I can as I used to when I was living in Scotland.

I moved down to the borders just before this season but renewed my season ticket along with my son's. Its a long drive to Tynie and back but believed it would be worth it.

We've already decided we won't be renewing next season. I'm no longer excited about going, I'm no longer interested in going. I'm not being entertained.

No doubt some on here will say I'm not a real Hearts fan, I disagree. I will always support Hearts and no other (I don't go with this second team or English team thing) it's Hearts alone and always. But sadly I'm not a creature of habit and I have an imagination. My time and money aren't given away freely and I have better things I can do with my time. Those currently wearing MY teams colours do not deserve my support, whether because of lack of effort or lack of ability I don't care.

I've been a supporter (and season ticket holder) for many years so it surely hasn't been about winning. I just can't do this travelling for the cack on display.

I'll continue my strong dislike for all things green and white though.

Commander Harris

the only thing that would stop me renewing would be financial reasons. I hope to renew again next season.

portobellojambo1

If I were to pass away between now and May I would have to give serious consideration to not renewing. ;)

I would remortgage the hoose or sell the wife.

and its that kind of behaviour that allows Vlad to do whatever the **** he wants , cause were all mugs and will keep paying him our dough

portobellojambo1
and its that kind of behaviour that allows Vlad to do whatever the **** he wants , cause were all mugs and will keep paying him our dough

Ah, but what if Romanov was to buy Hans von Luck's wife, then it becomes a good deal, a new season ticket and an exit route from a life of abject poverty.

10 years of holding a st and im a part timer?! Jog on son. You actually think its ok to pay the sum of money we do every year to be treated the way we have this season? I feel like I'm letting a cheating bird back into my life after every game

eddie fenwick
10 years of holding a st and im a part timer?! Jog on son. You actually think its ok to pay the sum of money we do every year to be treated the way we have this season? I feel like I'm letting a cheating bird back into my life.

THAT was posted as a joke to stokseys post,not yours

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I'm thinking of getting a season ticket for next season (not had one for a few years)

But after our recent performances, I'm scared it'd be like going to see a film you know would be ****e every week

or before the renewal date

:5643::5643::5643::5643:

I might think about it if jordon became our manager

Whose jordon. Joe Jordan is a coach at Pompey. :rolleyes:

It used to be easy. Show your support by buying a season ticket.

It's a tough one when you have to consider that being a better fan may actually involve not renewing.

Bearing in mind they'll time the rumours, scare-mongering about reduced capacity Tynie, and season ticket sales beautifully again, I'll probably end up renewing.

However, the thought of renewing and complaining about the way we are being robbed for a third season may just hurt my pride enough not to.

I just don't know. But I do know I hate being treated with contempt over and over again.

I ve been a season ticket holder for quite a long time now.(certainly more than 25 years) In that time Ive seen the thick and the thin and Ive begged stolen and borrowed to get the money every year.

The only circumstances in which I would not renew would be if I felt I was being deliberately conned, lied to and cheated. (Even in the CPR years you basically got 100% from the club and the playing squad and things were sometimes pretty crap but at least they were honest crap)

Ive suspected that I was being conned, lied to and cheated in the last two seasons but renewed anyway although this season was a close run decision.l

wont be conned lied to and cheated again because its beginning to hurt and make me feel feckin stupid for falling for it all the time.

Next seasons conditions for me renewing include a proper football manager with full control being in place (not just promised) and changes to the first team playing squad that lead me to believe I'll get 100% effort for my money. When those things are visibly in place I will renew, not before it happens, not based on a promise by Romanov, actually THERE.

I dont need to be challenging the Old Firm just yet to renew. I dont need daft promises of joining Europe's elite and I dont need world cup stars.

I want to be sure what I am buying will do what it says on the tin, thats not too much to ask is it ?

Dagger Is Back

In my opinion

1) Because we're ****e

2) The owners seem not to care too much about little old HMFC

3) Some of us spend our Saturday nights bemoaning another poor result - the players meanwhile are bigging it up town, driving around in flash motors and generally giving the impression of not giving a flying feck

4) Nearly ?600 for 2 STs (the wee fella and me) is a lot of dosh which could very easily be spent elsewhere

5) Social Services will soon be chapping on my door and doing me for child cruelty if I keep taking my boy to Tynie

6) Romanov needs to get a message that the peasants are revolting

7) As time goes on lots of people are starting to care less and less about HMFC in it's current state

8) Lots of us don't want a fancy new fecking stand and hotel etc. etc costing ?51M - we just want a decent fitba team - after all the expectation setting, lots of folks would now settle for a team that was pushing for top 6

9) We're now realising that we've been conned

10) We're tired of the whole circus and just want to find a dark corner, curl up and go to sleep, hoping to wake up to find that it's all been a bad dream

All valid reasons, but when it comes down to it (and again as long as its not financial) it would be to much for me or any of us to find out the season you didnt is the season they do something and play really good football (I know it sounds a dream, but it has been for 50+ years) I have seen 2 Cups in my time and would not change that for anything, and we've all been through tough times watching. But the winning is so much worth it in the long run.

I think it all depends on staying at Tynie or going to Murryfield where the cost may differ greatly, and with Murryfield, needing a ST to see the JT's may not be such a must have! However I would have to have one

Seems like love is indeed blind after all, will not sponsor what is happening at Tynecastle, certainly not after what I read from Anderton in the press today. Absolutely disgraceful way to run affairs and besmirches the once laudable reputaion of our beloved football club

Some comments in a paper and it's the end! You know how they can make things sound, however its your choice and no-one can take that away from you.

I ve been a season ticket holder for quite a long time now.(certainly more than 25 years) In that time Ive seen the thick and the thin and Ive begged stolen and borrowed to get the money every year.

The only circumstances in which I would not renew would be if I felt I was being deliberately conned, lied to and cheated. (Even in the CPR years you basically got 100% from the club and the playing squad and things were sometimes pretty crap but at least they were honest crap)

Ive suspected that I was being conned, lied to and cheated in the last two seasons but renewed anyway although this season was a close run decision.l

wont be conned lied to and cheated again because its beginning to hurt and make me feel feckin stupid for falling for it all the time.

Next seasons conditions for me renewing include a proper football manager with full control being in place (not just promised) and changes to the first team playing squad that lead me to believe I'll get 100% effort for my money. When those things are visibly in place I will renew, not before it happens, not based on a promise by Romanov, actually THERE.

I dont need to be challenging the Old Firm just yet to renew. I dont need daft promises of joining Europe's elite and I dont need world cup stars.

I want to be sure what I am buying will do what it says on the tin, thats not too much to ask is it ?

The difference with me is i don't need "next seasons conditions"!!!

I got my first ST free when my uncle bought a car from Alexanders!had one every season since.Bought my twins theirs when they were five ,theyre now nineteen and i,m sad to say we wont be renewing.Fact is they both play on a Saturday and I,d rather watch them than the crap i,ve had to endure this season.Throughout the seventies and eighties I endured some dross but this ranks as amongst the worst Hearts team that I have ever seen

I continue to have 2 ST's despite not being home and I will renew. I would love to think that one day I will be in a position to use them with my kids

rab obanheartsno1

5 of us travel to tynie every week by car from oban, 250 round mile trip dont know about the other 3 ,but me and my son will be renewing ,its been hard this season watching the dross this season but then come the following saturday the hungers back at the thought of being back at tynie again,pity the players didnt feel the same way:527:

The difference with me is i don't need "next seasons conditions"!!!

And whilst there are significant numbers who will continue to renew no matter how bad things get, or what HE does next, or how many promises he breaks or lies he tells or ludicrous damaging actions he takes that hold back the football side of the club, then he'll contuinue to do that unabated.

I'm not renewing until there is some positive action that makes it quite clear to me that the owner of the club is addressing the damage he has inflicted upon it.

If he doesnt do that then what we have now is as good as its going to get.

And whilst there are significant numbers who will continue to renew no matter how bad things get, or what HE does next, or how many promises he breaks or lies he tells or ludicrous damaging actions he takes that hold back the football side of the club, then he'll contuinue to do that unabated.

I'm not renewing until there is some positive action that makes it quite clear to me that the owner of the club is addressing the damage he has inflicted upon it.

If he doesnt do that then what we have now is as good as its going to get.

You could have posted that 30 years ago!!

When you capitalise "HE" it brings out your feelings for the man. going by your post even if "HE" appointed Sir A. Ferg it would not be good enough until you got an apology?

givememychoice

im unlikely to be renewing, mainly due to finances. If need really be, i could find them, but, for the dross being put on show, id rather be sure i can afford to eat.

This "dross" as you say can't last for ever, if you just wanted "success" would you not have followed one of the OF. You did'nt because you follow YOUR team, at this time somewhat poor but its still YOUR team, if it come to it I can't NOT follow MY team!

Thats a valid point however i would think it would still be in Edinburgh, therfore I would still go.

john brownlee
Whose jordon. Joe Jordan is a coach at Pompey. :rolleyes:

suriy techter Ill go to the beack of teh cless

:5643::5643::5643::5643:

And it should read, who is jordon

flakin pipe

If we ever left Tynecastle permanently.

Even to a nice new shiny Stadium? Though I suppose there must have been some who never came back after we left the Meadows, men who were true to their roots. :whistling:

Commander Harris
Even to a nice new shiny Stadium? Though I suppose there must have been some who never came back after we left the Meadows, men who were true to their roots. :whistling:

120 years of history is a little harder to leave behind.

120 years of history is a little harder to leave behind.

It's all relative. The club has 134 years of history, so I'll go with it. :)

Archived