Calum Paterson signs for SWFC ( updated )

Thomaso

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

• Neil Dongcaster

Lord Beni of Gorgie
46 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's an absolute steal given the money that floats around the English Championship.

Dont you mean a steel?

Its a decent move for Paterson. A move to a bigger club. I'm personally disappointed by the sell on fee we've received however any amount is welcome. Just hoped it would be a greater fee.

I trust we've got a higher % sell on fee for Hickey.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Its a decent move for Paterson. A move to a bigger club. I'm personally disappointed by the sell on fee we've received however any amount is welcome. Just hoped it would be a greater fee.

We should have a bigger sell on fee as we negotiated it, hopefully, whereas we only got the 15% out of Paterson and Cardiff’s good will. Hope both teams stay up. 

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

In a mess just now are Wednesday.

I have barely followed football since lockdown and just looked at the table in the championship, didn’t realise they had a points deduction. Tough season ahead for them then. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
49 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Wouldn’t he have to join The Blades to be able to use that term?  

You saying I'm a twit too

Glad he has moved, saves me watching out for Cardiff results in the hope that a victory might ultimately boost our sell-on fee. Scummiest supporters I have ever encountered outside of the OF. 

J.T.F.Robertson

Wednesday are a bit like Leeds were, should never be in the position they are.

6 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Wednesday are a bit like Leeds were, should never be in the position they are.

and they cheat

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

It wasn't the % that was the issue it was the value of the transfer. 

Former Swansea City striker Oli McBurnie has taken a playful swipe at outgoing Cardiff City star Callum Paterson, following the versatile forward's move to Sheffield Wednesday.

Paterson joined the Owls in a deal believed to be worth £500,000 earlier this week, after seemingly slipping down the pecking order under Cardiff boss Neil Harris.

The 25-year old took to Instagram shortly after his move to Hillsborough was confirmed, bidding an emotional farewell to City fans, while also suggesting he did not want to leave the Welsh capital.

That message was followed with an entry depicting him in the blue and white shirt of Wednesday, along with the caption: "Absolutely buzzing to be here!

"Can’t wait to get started with this massive club and to show everyone what I can do.

"So grateful for the opportunity to be here and hopefully I can repay everyone with some goals and help get the club moving in the right direction!

"Looking forward to playing with a smile on my face again!"

However, international team-mate McBurnie, currently plying his trade for Wednesday's bitter rivals United, couldn't resist a cheeky dig.

He replied: "From one honking team to another," before adding "Congrats pal see you soon."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news/ex-swansea-city-striker-oli-mcburnie-s-cheeky-swipe-at-outgoing-cardiff-city-star-after-sheffield-wednesday-move/ar-BB19BG1R?ocid=msedgntp

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Former Swansea City striker Oli McBurnie has taken a playful swipe at outgoing Cardiff City star Callum Paterson, following the versatile forward's move to Sheffield Wednesday.

Paterson joined the Owls in a deal believed to be worth £500,000 earlier this week, after seemingly slipping down the pecking order under Cardiff boss Neil Harris.

The 25-year old took to Instagram shortly after his move to Hillsborough was confirmed, bidding an emotional farewell to City fans, while also suggesting he did not want to leave the Welsh capital.

That message was followed with an entry depicting him in the blue and white shirt of Wednesday, along with the caption: "Absolutely buzzing to be here!

"Can’t wait to get started with this massive club and to show everyone what I can do.

"So grateful for the opportunity to be here and hopefully I can repay everyone with some goals and help get the club moving in the right direction!

"Looking forward to playing with a smile on my face again!"

However, international team-mate McBurnie, currently plying his trade for Wednesday's bitter rivals United, couldn't resist a cheeky dig.

He replied: "From one honking team to another," before adding "Congrats pal see you soon."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news/ex-swansea-city-striker-oli-mcburnie-s-cheeky-swipe-at-outgoing-cardiff-city-star-after-sheffield-wednesday-move/ar-BB19BG1R?ocid=msedgntp

I can't describe how much I hate these social media related "news" stories. It's the equivalent of reporting what someone said to someone else in the pub. If I went to journalism college and found myself writing these a little piece of me would die each time.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Cardiff Hearts

Hasn’t fulfilled his promise at Cardiff - too slow / overweight for a Championship player. His sub appearance for Scotland inPrague showed how much he has fallen. Shame as was prospect before his ACL but concern his career is going backwards. Compare and contrast with McGinn - Callum seems to have lost his way. 

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I can't describe how much I hate these social media related "news" stories. It's the equivalent of reporting what someone said to someone else in the pub.

👍totally agree!   ...does my head in! 

Shame the Wednesday kits are absolutely honking this season, or I'd have been tempted to pick up a Patterson shirt for 5s:

sheffield_wednesday_2020_2021_away_kit_e

9 hours ago, Anything2 said:

Another view from a Cardiff fan. Seems like a few Cardiff fans aren't happy. 

https://viewfromtheninian.com/2020/09/30/a-farewell-to-callum-paterson-a-man-who-makes-football-fun/

Cardiff and Swansea spent years sniffing around Scottish football for bargains so I cannot really feel any sympathy for them only making 25k on Paterson. I do recognise those frustrations though.

2 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

Didn't realise Lee Wallace was playing at QPR. 

been down there for ages, the bread man took him down there when he was still injured and QPR put him through his rehab

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/09/2020 at 20:47, CostaJambo said:

Glad he has moved, saves me watching out for Cardiff results in the hope that a victory might ultimately boost our sell-on fee. Scummiest supporters I have ever encountered outside of the OF. 

The whole South Wales football reflects this 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Tough fixture. Reckon Celtic should have made the investment on Toney, yet more top recruitment by Brentford 

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Tough fixture. Reckon Celtic should have made the investment on Toney, yet more top recruitment by Brentford 

Celtic the biscuit tin bullies. So used to getting their own way up here, they thought they could pressure Peterborough in to selling. 

Absolute tramps :D  Did the same with McGinn and they didn't learn. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, OTT said:

Celtic the biscuit tin bullies. So used to getting their own way up here, they thought they could pressure Peterborough in to selling. 

Absolute tramps :D  Did the same with McGinn and they didn't learn. 

And Hickey, when they are in dire need of a LB. Toney would tear up the SPFL and Celtic knew it. They still preferred to spend 4.5m on a crap goalie.

• 2 weeks later...

Rumour SWFC has partly won it's appeal against the EFL and points deduction reduced from 12 pts to 6 pts.

IF there is a significant avoid relegation payment to go Cardiff as part of the transfer, may be good news for us.

If they stay up of course.

Edited by DETTY29

On 03/10/2020 at 15:27, Gav M said:

been down there for ages, the bread man took him down there when he was still injured and QPR put him through his rehab

Contract up at the end of the season. If we can't hold onto Kingsley could do an awful lot worse (and we have!). 33 now though.

Just now, 8skacel8 said:

£75k. 

Better than a leather strap to the bollocks but what poor business from us. 

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We had no control over the amount Cardiff sold him for. We were due 15% of any amount though, hence the 75k.

Are you meaning when we sold him to Cardiff? 

Just now, 8skacel8 said:

We had no control over the amount Cardiff sold him for. We were due 15% of any amount though, hence the 75k.

Are you meaning when we sold him to Cardiff? 

Of course yes.  We should've negotiated about 25% imo. He was always going to continue to improve.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Of course yes.  We should've negotiated about 25% imo. He was always going to continue to improve.

From memory all Cardiff had to pay was a development fee due to his contract running down.

Callum asked them to put the 15% clause in as part of the deal. Good lad.

5 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Pretty sure we are due a few hundred thousand if Wednesday stay up.

Can't see the figure being as high as that. Would say max £50k

Us getting a few hundred thousand as 15 percent of an add on? Would be some add on if so.

Mr Brightside
1 hour ago, jambostuart said:

Can't see the figure being as high as that. Would say max £50k

Us getting a few hundred thousand as 15 percent of an add on? Would be some add on if so.

It’s 15 percent of over £1m so at least £150k if they stay up.

8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

We weren’t even entitled to any sell on percentage.....we had no room for negotiation.