Calum Paterson signs for SWFC ( updated )

Thomaso

6 hours ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Sadly with the arrival of Keiffer Moore it would appear that Callums days at Cardiff are coming to an end. Only thing stopping this now is the fee, Sheff Wed have agreed the wages. In my opinion he won't get a look in at Cardiff so best he goes. Would love it if he comes back to Hearts. 💕 Terry. 

The start Moore has made, he wont be at Cardiff too long. Good player.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

• Neil Dongcaster

23 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Seeming he could be on the move to Sheffield Wednesday - do we have a sell on clause?

I'm sure we do. Did he not stipulate it when we went to Cardiff seeing as they were paying **** all for him?

Just now, Boris said:

So Hearts net c.£100k based on a 17% sell on clause.

Not exactly a game changer, but every little helps right now.

33 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

The fee is £600k. Very good signing for Wednesday.

That’s a steal if correct. If he plays every week he will score 10+ in the championship.

24 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Cardiff fans absolutely detest him up front from what I’ve seen. He’s very average down there.

This won't go down well but he's a bang average footballer. A cult hero for us but he's very limited. 

Talk of a big transfer or that he would get a game for EPL sides is just fantasy. He can barely get a Scotland call up!

34 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

This won't go down well but he's a bang average footballer. A cult hero for us but he's very limited. 

Talk of a big transfer or that he would get a game for EPL sides is just fantasy. He can barely get a Scotland call up!

Yep.

Yea he’s a below average player in that league unfortunately, the fact he doesn’t even have a position says a lot really.  Jack of all trades master of none. 

4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I don't think that's entirely unfair but he has very impressive attributes and more than enough to play in the English Championship. An absolute specimen, fit and strong as an ox and as good in the air as anyone I've ever seen at Hearts. Technically there are better out there but he's certainly capable enough. Not having an out and out position is probably his biggest problem.

Edited by loveofthegame

1 hour ago, loveofthegame said:

I don't think that's entirely unfair but he has very impressive attributes and more than enough to play in the English Championship. An absolute specimen, fit and strong as an ox and as good in the air as anyone I've ever seen at Hearts. Technically there are better out there but he's certainly capable enough. Not having an out and out position is probably his biggest problem.

Totally. He's a mid-level Championship player, and there's absolutely no shame in that. He'll likely bounce around there before coming back up the road in his 30's.

2 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

Last couple of times I’ve seen him he looked like he was carrying a bit extra timber. Dunno if that slowed him down a bit. You’ve got to be in peak shape all the time at that level or you fall by the wayside

jambo-in-furness
21 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Last couple of times I’ve seen him he looked like he was carrying a bit extra timber. Dunno if that slowed him down a bit. You’ve got to be in peak shape all the time at that level or you fall by the wayside

Fair comment but what about McGinns arse.

https://www.dai-sport.com/callum-paterson-garry-monk-transfer/

Garry Monk is hopeful his move for Cardiff City’s Callum Paterson will be sealed today – saying the Scottish international would add the physical presence he is looking for at Sheffield Wednesday.

Ex-Swansea City boss Monk confirmed that the deal for the 25-year-old is close after his side’s Championship defeat at Bristol City.

“Callum is obviously someone we’re very interested in. We’re talking between the clubs,” said Monk.

“Hopefully that can be confirmed tonight.

“I’ve not spoken to the club today on anything like that and they’ll let me know if that is confirmed and agreed.”

Paterson, originally signed as a defender by the Bluebirds in 2017 but who  also played in midfield and then up front, netted seven goals in 42 games last season.

“Callum – if we can, I don’t want to talk too prematurely before it’s done – will bring that physicality side of it,” added Monk, whose side started the season on -12 points after financial irregularities.

17 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Wonder what the fee is

Callum Paterson is moving to Sheffield Wednesday with the full approval of Cardiff City boss Neil Harris, the Bluebirds hierarchy have made clear.

Wales Online understands a £500,000 deal for fans' favourite Paterson was agreed after Harris made it clear the Scot did not feature in his plans for the 2020-21 campaign.

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Callum Paterson is moving to Sheffield Wednesday with the full approval of Cardiff City boss Neil Harris, the Bluebirds hierarchy have made clear.

Wales Online understands a £500,000 deal for fans' favourite Paterson was agreed after Harris made it clear the Scot did not feature in his plans for the 2020-21 campaign.

So we get around £20.

8 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yip, sense at last.

13 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

If the fee is £500k we should be in for him. I'd chip in.

3 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

If the fee is £500k we should be in for him. I'd chip in.

I'd imagine he will be on a fair wedge a week too. No idea but I'd guess 10k a week in the championship would be there or thereabouts. No danger we'd pay money like that

5 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Fair comment but what about McGinns arse.

Reminds me of Kenny Dalgish’s arse (that’s where the comparison ends obviously) 😂 

That's a great move for callum.  Neil Harris is a chump, great deal for Gary monk.  Monk I rate higher than Harris as a manager/coach.  

Hope sw make the play offs this season.  All the best callum.  I would like to see him play as a striker. 

2 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

That's a great move for callum.  Neil Harris is a chump, great deal for Gary monk.  Monk I rate higher than Harris as a manager/coach.  

Hope sw make the play offs this season.  All the best callum.  I would like to see him play as a striker. 

Given Wednesday’s points deduction, they’ll do well to stay in the League. Anyway, hope it works out for him. 

Bazzas right boot

He's the perfect English championship player. 

A steal at £500k. 

Still think he'd be the perfect sub for a  middle type  epl side. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Reminds me of Kenny Dalgish’s arse (that’s where the comparison ends obviously) 😂 

Close to Kenny? 🙄

Neil Dongcaster
5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Given he can’t get a game for a championship side and is being sold for what is pretty much a nominal fee down south. The only possible reason I think you can have for holding this view is simply because he CP seems like a nice guy and he played for Hearts. 

Disappointing if he only goes for £500k. We'd only be getting £85k from the sell on.

I guess that could go towards another wage here but when he first left I'd hoped we could've got 10x that amount.

10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's the perfect English championship player. 

A steal at £500k. 

You clearly  know sfa about football thinking he would make bench for a epl side.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Given he can’t get a game for a championship side and is being sold for what is pretty much a nominal fee down south. The only possible reason I think you can have for holding this view is simply because he CP seems like a nice guy and he played for Hearts. 

Nah, it's because although I like you think he's technically quite poor he's very versatile and effective. 

He's also very good on the air. 

He's also cheap and imo may be more than happy as a bench player at most epl sides. 

He's the kind of guy that if you are losing you can bomb up front to give an extra striker and with his ability in the air a challenge to any defender. 

He's also a out ball on the right if for some reason you need to go more direct. 

And if winning you can stick him on as a out ball as you sit deeper or fire him  in the defence as he'll get stuck in. 

Shef utd were in the top ten last season,, not all of their squad are superstars or great players, would be a good option for a team from the bench imo. 

Not all epl players are superstars. 

However, for first team football the championship is maybe his level and maybe that's what he wants., not to sit on the bench? 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

You clearly  know sfa about football thinking he would make bench for a epl side.

Cba watching Hearts, but watch a lot of English football, aye? 

Paterson was great for us. Strong, fast, great in the air and had a good shot on him.

To play in the EPL though you need to be good with the ball at your feet and have good technical ability. Paterson is lacking in that.

On 27/09/2020 at 11:58, Shanks said:

Yea he’s a below average player in that league unfortunately, the fact he doesn’t even have a position says a lot really.  Jack of all trades master of none

I don't watch English football that much so can't really comment on whether he's below average or not, but what I think will ultimately determine his career is the bits I've highlighted. He needs to be developed in a position and kept there and it just doesn't appear to be happening. Having said that, he'll probably be a player in and around the Championship all his career and will make a decent living.

People think Callum is this big imposing unit when in reality his shape and build is pretty standard for EPL football these days. The players with this build also have incredible technical ability on the ball. All of Callum’s enthusiasm and work rate have got him to a pretty decent level. However he lacks the natural footballing ability to take him any further. I am not sure that at his stage in his career he can further improve and he is going to be the player that we see now. 

Nothing to be ashamed of that. He has done pretty fecking well with the tools his disposable and good luck to him. He deserves all everything’s he gets imo

Edited by AlimOzturk

12 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

People think Callum is this big imposing unit when in reality his shape and build is pretty standard for EPL football these days. The players with this build also have incredible technical ability on the ball. All of Callum’s enthusiasm and work rate have got him to a pretty decent level. However he lacks the natural footballing ability to take him any further. I am not sure that at his stage in his career he can further improve and he is going to be the player that we see now. 

Nothing to be ashamed of that. He has done pretty fecking well with the tools his disposable and good luck to him. He deserves all everything’s he gets imo

You'd think he was Akinfenwa :lol: