Calum Paterson signs for SWFC ( updated )

Thomaso

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

• Neil Dongcaster

J.T.F.Robertson
Just now, allystrachan said:

I’m sure the sell on was quoted as around 15% when he moved.

Also, if I remember correctly, it was he asked it be written into his contract.

15% I'm sure. 

The only thing that concerns me is Sheffield Wednesday don't have much money so maybe not the £10m move we were hoping for. 

I'm sure there's a Wednesday fan on here who could hopefully tell me I'm wrong. 

jambo-in-furness

17%. Sell on rings a bell in my wee head.

beat me to it Gav

Edited by jambo-in-furness

11 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

15% I'm sure. 

The only thing that concerns me is Sheffield Wednesday don't have much money so maybe not the £10m move we were hoping for. 

I'm sure there's a Wednesday fan on here who could hopefully tell me I'm wrong. 

don't sheffield weds have a rich owner but are hamstrung at the moment due to financial fair play? can't see them shelling out much - maybe a mil tops?

Italian Lambretta

Calum helped Cardiff get promoted with a guarantee of 200m. A 10m bid if there is to be one is not much to ask. Shit players in the championship are going for 10m+

Italian Lambretta
51 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

How long does he have left on his contract at Cardiff?

I fear we'll be getting a nominal amount at most.  :(

He signed a 4 year deal when they got promoted. 

1 hour ago, Psychicjambo said:

Yes. We did have    hopefully no less than  10 m

As much as I would like it SW are not spending 10m on anyone and we will be lucky if the price is 2 given the market, SWs problems and the fact CP is not a starter. 

6 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

He signed a 4 year deal when they got promoted. 

Hood news 👍

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Seeming he could be on the move to Sheffield Wednesday - do we have a sell on clause?

God damn it, Wednesday are a mess. Shit move

WoolfordsHearts

I think he'll end up a journeyman type player in the English championship for the rest of his career if he's lucky enough tbh.

He'll make a fantastic living and hopefully we make a few quid off his sell on.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

I think he'll end up a journeyman type player in the English championship for the rest of his career if he's lucky enough tbh.

He'll make a fantastic living and hopefully we make a few quid off his sell on.

Doubt Wednesday will be paying owt for him 

There's a part of me that wants to see him be successful down south and become a reliable scotland striker, but then there's another part of me that wants to see him come back home and terrorise defences at every set piece 

I hope he's a player the club keep an eye on. Once they hit 30, they slowly creep back into our price bracket :D 

Getting Callum back with the experience he'll have would be great. Captain material no doubt by then :) 

2 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Can see him going for between £1-2m

Hopefully he goes for nearer the 5 or 6 million. Wouldnt say he's any less value than mckenna who just joined forest for 6million. Your probably right though in your valuation, especially if Cardiff want rid. They got him for sweeties so 2million would be decent for them in that respect 

Can't see silly fees in the current climate, so the 15% will end up being mostly token after all this.

But then English football loves to eat itself, so who knows.

2 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Also, if I remember correctly, it was he asked it be written into his contract.

Yup, he's a great lad oor Calum. £2million would get us around £300k. I think we got around 400k for him as he was out of contract so we've done ok.

Edited by upgotheheads

WoolfordsHearts
1 hour ago, hmfcbilly said:

Hopefully he goes for nearer the 5 or 6 million. Wouldnt say he's any less value than mckenna who just joined forest for 6million. Your probably right though in your valuation, especially if Cardiff want rid. They got him for sweeties so 2million would be decent for them in that respect 

Oil drum Mckenna went for 6 million?

Not doubting you, but if he did, I'm away to look for my old boots.

1 hour ago, hmfcbilly said:

Lol 5 or 6 million for a Cardiff reserve to sheff we'd.....

2 hours ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

Oil drum Mckenna went for 6 million?

Not doubting you, but if he did, I'm away to look for my old boots.

Think the numbers being banded about were around 3million up front and rising to 5 or 6 with various add ons. I guess only Aberdeen and Nottingham forest know for sure though!

2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

I did say I was hoping but 2million would be a decent fee for them considering what they paid. 

Glamorgan Jambo

Cardiff aren’t giving him away because the package has been agreed with Dr Funk but the fee offered by Wednesday has been knocked back. Very rated and appreciated by Cardiff fans but not an automatic first pick by the current manager.

3 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Very ordinary players get sold in England for in excess of £10m these days. Not saying Paterson will go for 5 or 6m, only an observation.

Guest ToqueJambo

With squads a bit leaner, even in England probably, a player like CP who can play well in a few positions could be very handy. Having a reputation as a great personality to have around the place doesn't hurt either. Dykes and McKenna have to be the benchmarks if we're looking at Scottish players being bought by Championship sides. Both for £2+m and both unproven down there. Based on that and given how well he did in his first 3 seasons down there £3-5m for CP seems realistic in normal times. Who knows now.

Sadly with the arrival of Keiffer Moore it would appear that Callums days at Cardiff are coming to an end. Only thing stopping this now is the fee, Sheff Wed have agreed the wages. In my opinion he won't get a look in at Cardiff so best he goes. Would love it if he comes back to Hearts. 💕 Terry. 

Not sure how much he will go for. Sheffield Weds got punished for breaching FFP rules with points deduction at start of season. 

They may have been bought over now but I’m sure they weren’t exactly cash rich

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Random efl players go for £10m, dykes at livi went for £2m, I agree tho, shef wed aren't paying a big fee and maybe Cardiff just want him of the wage bill. 

Shame, could easily have went for a few million.