Ron Gordon's "facility"

Mister T

“We're very fortunate to have Jack, he's a terrific manager.”

That’s the kiss of death if ever I read one, downhill all the way from now....

Heart of Darkness
3 minutes ago, Mister T said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54297412

Seven figure loss... 

"Facility" in place if required.... 

So is the facility in Ron's wallet or will it be borrowing against the floating charge on the echo dome and training barn? 

Sounds like a 'I'm open for business' statement!! ££££

Pony up time for the seat costume wearers! 

Ron the con has his real estate in Edinburgh but that pesky football team is in the way of those lovely new flats he's got planned.

Yeh he is just going to give out this facility for Free he owns everything already so it will be payable with interest.  if they have to take up this facility it could be very telling on their position. 

Wait till he gets bored tick tock 

33 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Pony up time for the seat costume wearers! 

Ron the con has his real estate in Edinburgh but that pesky football team is in the way of those lovely new flats he's got planned.

This is where I'm at. Wee Ron might just want a bit of liquidity...

Said it right from the start though. He put floating charges over everything they owned from just about day one. Then he started talking about the fans paying for infrastructure projects by ponying up. Give them a loan, get them to pay it back with interest, if they do then fine, he gets an income alongside his salary. If they do not, take ownership of their facilities and rent them back to them. Then further down the line sell up.

🐴⬆️

McGinn never been same player since injury, would not be surprised to see him out starting 11 sooner than later hopefully.

Edited by Lfhearts

Just now, Lfhearts said:

McGinn never been same player since injury, would not be surprised to see him out starting 12 sooner than later hopefully.

Two starting places? One for him, and one for his arse?

Living beyond their means(Cheating)  and having to pay back a foreign owner I mean what could go wrong. 

I am sure the thread on Hibs.net will soon mind to Hearts or Budge. 

Their we team mentality will again get them in trouble. 

The con is so much in love with Hibs but he knows nothing of their historical annual downturns. 

No surprise they are losing 7 figures so are we.

Dont see much in this to be honest im sure we have a “facility” if we need it or perhaps we are lucky enough to have the benefactors cover that off.

19 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

McGinn never been same player since injury, would not be surprised to see him out starting 11 sooner than later hopefully.

Fantasy on McGinn he did just fine on his last game and wont be dropped as they see him as a perfect foil for Grealish.

Is this facility going to pay the players who took wage cuts under the promise no other players would be signed until they were paid back.

Statement next week asking fans to pony up to help save the club to cover ongoing costs.

We're operating in a leaner budget and getting better results, which is a good thing."

I can’t find anything wrong with this part tbh , our lot were overpaid and underperforming last year 

6 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

No surprise they are losing 7 figures so are we.

Dont see much in this to be honest im sure we have a “facility” if we need it or perhaps we are lucky enough to have the benefactors cover that off.

If the facility is he loans them the cash and they've too pay him back then I'd suggest there's plenty in it.

No fans, no sponsor, no match day income and as far as I'm aware they've still to pay a number of their players who are due the rest of their wages from the shutdown.

They are getting close to being in another Farmer scenario only this time the owner has zero emotional ties to the club and is sitting on an absolute fortune if he sells the land. The actual team is worth nothing they don't have another John McGinn to sell.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Heart of Darkness said:

Sounds like a 'I'm open for business' statement!! ££££

Oh aye Ron the con, who you never hear from,  just suddenly does an interview with the BBC where he's definitely not for selling his shares. That's definitely not selling his shares. 

Or to put it in layman's terms, I've stripped out all I can and there's no mugs through the doors so I'm for boosting!

17 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Fantasy on McGinn he did just fine on his last game and wont be dropped as they see him as a perfect foil for Grealish.

Lower level Premiership teams don't need to sell anymore due to fairer tv deal.

I think McGinn is a big part of that side. 

19 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

We are slowly turning into Hibs during the Romanov years. ****ing pathetic.

Does that mean Hibs are going into admin and getting relegated? Sounds good to me!

Jambo, Goodbye
35 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Unfortunately you're right,  a nothing article and people are giving it the cringey "tick-tock" chat. We just need a Sergay, a yacht, and some form of communique and we're there 😂

I can trace the Gordon half of my family back to Sutherland before the '15 rebellion.  I wonder if we are distantly related.

1 hour ago, Jamboelite said:

That's not what I heard on talksport. So no fantasy, not that am really bothered.

Heart of Darkness
1 hour ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

A bit light humor & making fun at Hibs expense is just what we all need during a pandemic!! 😉 👍😆😆😆

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

We're operating in a leaner budget and getting better results, which is a good thing."

I can’t find anything wrong with this part tbh , our lot were overpaid and underperforming last year 

Still good to know that they're losing money and it's only going to get worse.

40 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Still good to know that they're losing money and it's only going to get worse.

Oh absolutely Doug 😂😂

3 hours ago, Mister T said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54297412

Seven figure loss... 

"Facility" in place if required.... 

So is the facility in Ron's wallet or will it be borrowing against the floating charge on the echo dome and training barn? 

OOOOOFT. 

He's lying through his teeth. 

2 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Unfortunately you're right,  a nothing article and people are giving it the cringey "tick-tock" chat. We just need a Sergay, a yacht, and some form of communique and we're there 😂

Nothing cringey about parroting the same shite banter back at Hibs in an ironic manner, after they got our predicted demise so incredibly wrong. Also, if you can’t see the warning signs in that “nothing article“, then you must be blind. If that was a Hearts article I’d be shitting myself. 

Edited by Beast Boy

Jambo, Goodbye
1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

Nothing cringey about parroting the same shite banter back at Hibs in an ironic manner after they got out predicted demise so incredibly wrong. Also, if you can’t see the warning signs in that nothing article, then you must be blind. If that was a Hearts article I’d be shitting myself. 

It's often not ironic, that's the thing. The ironic stuff is fine,  if not a bit stale these days. 

It's an article about the owner not wanting to sell and losing money due to covid. I must have missed the line saying they were building flats on Easter Road? 

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

If the facility is he loans them the cash and they've too pay him back then I'd suggest there's plenty in it.

No fans, no sponsor, no match day income and as far as I'm aware they've still to pay a number of their players who are due the rest of their wages from the shutdown.

They are getting close to being in another Farmer scenario only this time the owner has zero emotional ties to the club and is sitting on an absolute fortune if he sells the land. The actual team is worth nothing they don't have another John McGinn to sell.

Tom Farmer , emotional ties ? Thats a new one

10 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

It's often not ironic, that's the thing. The ironic stuff is fine,  if not a bit stale these days. 

It's an article about the owner not wanting to sell and losing money due to covid. I must have missed the line saying they were building flats on Easter Road? 

No, I agree about the flats on ER thing. Don’t see any sort of evidence of that. Few signs that they are not in rude financial health though, and it looks like Ron would look to secure loans to keep things going. He has securities/floating charges over everything they own. Losing a seven figure sum and no sign of things getting better. I’d definitely be a little edgy if I was Hibs and that interview wouldn’t be allaying any of my fears.

4 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

“We're very fortunate to have Jack, he's a terrific manager.”

That’s the kiss of death if ever I read one, downhill all the way from now....

Unfortunately I think he is right on both counts......sorry.

Jambo, Goodbye
19 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

No, I agree about the flats on ER thing. Don’t see any sort of evidence of that. Few signs that they are not in rude financial health though, and it looks like Ron would look to secure loans to keep things going. He has securities/floating charges over everything they own. Losing a seven figure sum and no sign of things getting better. I’d definitely be a little edgy if I was Hibs and that interview wouldn’t be allaying any of my fears.

We'll see how it goes. I'm not getting excited yet though. Don't get me wrong though,  I'd love to see it all go beasts upwards for them. I don't see anyone having a good year financially in 2020. 

31 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Tom Farmer , emotional ties ? Thats a new one

He bought them due to his families connection to Hibs when Wallace tried to shut them down. Farmer kept them for that reason and that reason only otherwise he'd have sold them many moons ago. They were a money pit for years. His shady deal with Lloyds and his holding company probably recouped him some cash in the end.

8 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

We'll see how it goes. I'm not getting excited yet though. Don't get me wrong though,  I'd love to see it all go beasts upwards for them. I don't see anyone having a good year financially in 2020. 

Yeah, and I wouldn’t be writing letters to Government officials or stalking the council either. Another thing that sets us mocking them apart. Agreed, we shall just wait and see what transpires, but I thought the whole thing looked a bit hooky even before C19 tbh.

Edited by Beast Boy

When we don't have any football to speculate on and enjoy, it's tremendously encouraging that the club which wanted us deid and supported our expulsion is losing money hand over fist.  Day after day.  Week after week.  

It appears that it's going to get worse.  A lot worse.  Ron says he's been turning away investors.  Really Ron.  Why on earth would you be doing that?

5 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Yeah, and I wouldn’t be writing letters to Government officials or stalking the council either. Another thing that sets us mocking them apart. Agreed, we shall just wait and see what transpires, but I thought the whole thing looked a bit hooky even before C19 tbh.

He binned their shitey Ponzi scheme and took security over the assets... but he's ligit😂

6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He binned their shitey Ponzi scheme and took security over the assets... but he's ligit😂

Exactly. Just for me, if it was my club, I’d be a bit nervous about wee things like that. Alongside telling them that he expected them to pony up to pay for the renovations to their training facility. I still think he hopes to try and transform HSL in to a repayment vehicle for every penny he spends on them. I just think that what he would be spending money on will have changed. 🐴⬆️

Edited by Beast Boy

3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

He bought them due to his families connection to Hibs when Wallace tried to shut them down. Farmer kept them for that reason and that reason only otherwise he'd have sold them many moons ago. They were a money pit for years. His shady deal with Lloyds and his holding company probably recouped him some cash in the end.

Not sure it cost him money

Certainly not convinced he is emotionally driven