Match Day - Edinburgh City (Friendly)

Sertse

48 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Marc Laird ex Hutchie vale to.man city, Antel, Crane, Harris, Handling, Campbell all ex or loan from Hibs.

Laird a quality player

I seem to remember a certain poster on here going on at length about how Alex Harris was a once in a generation talent that would go onto great things in football. 

25 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Scored two cracking free kicks against Millwall in the friendly. Really thought he'd be a player. 🙄😁

He was, albeit amongst completely the wrong demographic 

Re Craig Thomson, and i don't really want to open this particular canof worms, but it seems to me he made a stupid mistake at a young age (and i am not excusing what he did) but he has carried that label for a ridiculously long time.

Googling his name and the first thing that comes up is a Daily Record story with the headling "PERVERT Craig Thomson etc etc".

Compare and contrast with the respect and time given to racists and thugs like Riordan and O'Connor...

Niemi’s gloves
40 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The Hobos thought that Alex Harris was similarly destined for stardom.

Unfortunately the difference was that the Hobos got Martin Boyle in exchange; we got lots of ultra negative publicity

45 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I seem to remember a certain poster on here going on at length about how Alex Harris was a once in a generation talent that would go onto great things in football. 

To be fair, he did look very promising. Just shows how difficult it is to turn potential into success. 

15 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Unfortunately the difference was that the Hobos got Martin Boyle in exchange; we got lots of ultra negative publicity

Quite a remarkable swap, that one.  Harris had been the "star in the making" at ER, then seemed to go downhill.  Boyle was pretty average at best at Dundee.  They do a swap.  Harris continues going downhill, while Boyle become a valuable star at ER.

Weird stuff.

tartofmidlothian
36 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Re Craig Thomson, and i don't really want to open this particular canof worms, but it seems to me he made a stupid mistake at a young age (and i am not excusing what he did) but he has carried that label for a ridiculously long time.

Googling his name and the first thing that comes up is a Daily Record story with the headling "PERVERT Craig Thomson etc etc".

Compare and contrast with the respect and time given to racists and thugs like Riordan and O'Connor...

Don't want to open that can of worms either, but it was a serious offence and I'm glad we punted him.

However, fair play to the guy for working his way back up to captaining a club like ECFC. Remember when he was out of the game for a couple of years and cleaning windows instead? It must have taken some amount of determination on a sporting level to get back into the game.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Out of interest.. was that THE Craig Thomson playing for city .?

what a waste of a career that was ..

1 hour ago, cookieboy said:

aye

To be honest, it’s good that he’s found himself even a half decent level to play at. I hope he’s grown up a lot and realises what he did was so horribly wrong. I hope he’s managed to turn his life around to something regarding normal and changed.

I wondered if it was him earlier on when I read the tweet, but didn’t want to draw too much attention to it. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Jezza. Was a ***** it turned out.

4 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

To be honest, it’s good that he’s found himself even a half decent level to play at. I hope he’s grown up a lot and realises what he did was so horribly wrong. I hope he’s managed to turn his life around to something regarding normal and changed.

I wondered if it was him earlier on when I read the tweet, but didn’t want to draw too much attention to it. 

Played more games for Hearts than Hickey. Talent wasted due to stupidity. 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Couldn't agree more.  The Daily Record could find real football perverts a lot closer than Tynecastle but they know that of course.

9 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Couldn't agree more.  The Daily Record could find real football perverts a lot closer than Tynecastle but they know that of course.

east end of Glasgow perhaps

ginger jambo98
13 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

east end of Glasgow perhaps

As well as the other end due to the Hibs Board keeping shtum about "touchy feely". 

When Souness found out he was wanting to breach beaster Road to batter the Hibs board. 

8 hours ago, ginger jambo98 said:

As well as the other end due to the Hibs Board keeping shtum about "touchy feely". 

When Souness found out he was wanting to breach beaster Road to batter the Hibs board. 

Interesting but where you hearing this? 

17 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The Hobos thought that Alex Harris was similarly destined for stardom.

Crikey, Harris, he looked real quality, maybe only 3 or 4 years ago?

On 25/09/2020 at 23:19, ginger jambo98 said:

On 26/09/2020 at 07:21, TypoonJambo said:

Interesting but where you hearing this? 

I would like to know as well??

Footballfirst

Dunbar's match report

Today's Match report
Dunbar United 1
Heart of Midlothian 2
After a day of continuous rain Dunbar United continued their pre-season build up with a game against a very young Hearts side managed by John Rankin but due to coronavirus restrictions the game was once again played behind closed doors depriving the locals of possibly watching some up and coming talent in the Hearts side. Dunbar started well and Ian Black sporting a new blonde hairstyle struck the post with an overhead kick in the 4th minute before John Johnstone in the Dunbar goal saved well at the feet of a Hearts forward minutes later. Jordan Cropley went close ten minutes later for Dunbar with a miss hit shot before being replaced by Gary Shearer after picking up a knock in the process. Shearer himself forced the Hearts keeper into a fine save after dribbling past two defenders before the home side had a penalty shout waved away by the referee after the ball struck a Hearts player’s arm. Dunbar continued to dominate with Fraser McLaren flicking the ball into a great position before being cleared to safety before the same player saw a goal bound shot tipped over the bar by Hearts keeper after good work on the left by Fraser Neave. Five minutes before half-time Fraser Neave upended a Hearts player inside the box and Hearts opened the scoring from the resultant penalty leaving the home side a little deflated after such a good first half performance.
The Dunbar management rang the changes after the break with Johnstone, Black, McLaren and Neave being replaced by Laing, Peden, Law and McTernan in order to give some of his squad more game time but within two minutes of the restart Hearts increased their lead after a neat one two on the edge of the box saw Ryan Schiavone fire low through Daniel Laing’s legs to make the score 0-2. Hamish Law went down injured in the 58th minute and Fraser McLaren returned to action with all the other subs already used. Hearts dominated the second half and might well have increased their lead on three occasions but for some resolute defending and good goalkeeping in the Dunbar defence. But the home side regrouped and Matt Brady found himself in the clear with fourteen minutes left but his shot was blocked before it could trouble the Hearts goal. Liam Peden linked up well with Darren Handling minutes later and his low cross found Fraser McLaren who forced the Hearts keeper into a fine save at the near post. McLaren picked up a slight knock leaving the hosts to play out the final ten minutes with only 10 players . Brady went close for Dunbar with a looping header before a Hearts free kick on the edge of the box was saved at full stretch by Daniel Laing in the Dunbar goal. Gary Shearer had a shot turned round for a corner three minutes from full time and the resultant place kick struck the hand of a Hearts defender before being cleared. The referee pointed straight to the penalty spot and Matt Brady wasted no time in firing the ball past the Hearts keeper for a late consolation goal for Dunbar.
Not a lot between the sides with Dunbar dominating the first half but Hearts dictating the second half and just a pity that no fans were allowed inside the ground to witness a very entertaining game.
Hearts had no numbers on the back of their shirts so it was very difficult to ascertain their team.
Dunbar United :_ John Johnstone, Grant Thomson, Fraser Neave, Michael McFarlane, James Harley, Kieran Ingram, Jordan Cropley, Ian Black, Fraser McLaren, Darren Handling, Matt Brady. Subs :- Gary Shearer, Daniel Laing, Darren McTernan, Hamish Law.

jamboinglasgow
18 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Seems like the U18s / Development side played at Dunbar this afternoon, winning 2-1.

Some additional info on Dunbar's facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/DunbarUnited/

Looking at the photos on Dunbar's facebook page, I think there is at least two trialists playing for Hearts.

58 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Looking at the photos on Dunbar's facebook page, I think there is at least two trialists playing for Hearts.

Oh how exciting, maybe Max or Gino...

5 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

there were  no trialist playing, it was Hearts u18s team

On 25/09/2020 at 22:01, kingantti1874 said:

Craig Thomson could have gone very far. Was a very talented kid.

Looked a very promising player,shame what happened,hung out to dry.