Jimmy Dunne

otterjohn

4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Jimmy Dunne out of contract in the summer. Has been sitting on the bench for Burnley and at 23 he needs to be playing every week. He’s on £3,000 a week. He’s a lefty as well and with Soapy these 2 would make a great pairing with Halkett and another lefty centre back to come in.

I hope for next year we manage to get rid of both Souttar and Halkett and get replacements in. 

Both are a large reason why we're in the league that we're in. During Stendal's time they gave away at least a goal a game between them. Halkett has continued that this season but not quite at a goal a game thankfully.

FIngers crossed we get an upgrade in this position so that our full backs aren't needed to cover the centre leaving the wingers free. That should help Smith get back to his best and Kingsley to do much better for us.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jim Panzee

• mitch41

• jambonian

• john thomas

I'd rather we got the best of Souttar and Halkett and kept them.

Need a better coach for that to happen.

33 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Regardless of how good Souttar can be, he’ll break down again during the season. 

14 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Really ?  You sure about that wage for  an EPL first team squad player ?   

Well that’s online. It’s got Burnley’s wage for all players.

5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Halkett is right footed and prefers on the right centre back position where he feels more effective.

A_A wehatethehibs
5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Halkett will be lucky if he gets back to a club as big as Livi when Hearts bin him. He’s garbage. As for Souttar, made of glass until proven otherwise so therefore 2x fully fit, razor sharp starting Center halves are required as a high priority to replace the outgoing Berra Halkett and Popescu all of whom should be shipped out this summer if possible. 

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Halkett will be lucky if he gets back to a club as big as Livi when Hearts bin him. He’s garbage. As for Souttar, made of glass until proven otherwise so therefore 2x fully fit, razor sharp starting Center halves are required as a high priority to replace the outgoing Berra Halkett and Popescu all of whom should be shipped out this summer if possible. 

1 gone 2 stuck here. 

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

can you share the link to that please? 

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Berra was fully fit when he returned from Ipswich and see what's happened to him injury-wise since then.

Do you have a crystal ball or is there some guaranteed formula we need to pursue that ensures players don't suffer injuries?

Burnley are quite well known for adhering to a strict wage structure - frequently gaining plaudits for retaining their place in the EPL despite spending relative pennies.

I think £3k pw is probably not a million miles away for JD.

2 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

https://salarysport.com/football/premier-league/burnley-f.c./

https://footballleaguefc.com/burnley-fc-2020-21-player-wages/

Both say around the £3,000 p/w mark.  However, neither cite their sources, or offer any sort of credibility.

Judging by the fact that only a very small number of players earn less than £20,000 p/w according to those, at a guess, I'd say whichever source they used have made a typo or similar mistake, and the figure should be £13,000, and not £3000.  That's way too affordable for a Premier League defender, even if they're totally shite (which Dunne is not).

Edited by tian447

A_A wehatethehibs
3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Berra was fully fit when he returned from Ipswich and see what's happened to him injury-wise since then.

Do you have a crystal ball or is there some guaranteed formula we need to pursue that ensures players don't suffer injuries?

Just stating what is required in order for Hearts to have any chance of finishing above Hibs and above Aberdeen next season which is the demand of the fans of this football club: 2x CBs absolute top of the shopping list. Guys who will hit the ground running, Rossi / Souttar / Berra type signings if we’re looking at recent years. I’d be looking to throw half the budget at that position if necessary. I think you could put Dunne in that ballpark for this summer, in terms of our price range... but I’m sure there are others we as fans are not aware of.

The squad needs plenty other improvements as well but with these current crop of Center halves we are in the bottom 6 guaranteed, would not matter who the manager is.

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Both say around the £3,000 p/w mark.  However, neither cite their sources, or offer any sort of credibility.

Judging by the fact that only a very small number of players earn less than £20,000 p/w according to those, at a guess, I'd say whichever source they used have made a typo or similar mistake, and the figure should be £13,000, and not £3000.  That's way too affordable for a Premier League defender, even if they're totally shite (which Dunne is not).

Other sites like sportrac suggest £7k pw. No idea which one is accurate though. 

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Other sites like sportrac suggest £7k pw. No idea which one is accurate though. 

If he's getting 3k a week his agent needs shot

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

Cheers. I would be absolutely staggered if Jimmy Dunne is earning £3k a week. I've previously guesstimated between £6-£8k a week - basic. Lump on extras for appearance money etc and it'll be more.

I'd be happy to see him back but would question his professional ambition as a move from the EPL to scotland's 2nd tier is hardly  a good career move for a young player.   

Just now, Smithee said:

If he's getting 3k a week his agent needs shot

I’d be surprised if it’s as low as £7k but it may be that it was signed two or three years ago. Given that he has been in the match day squad pretty regularly this season I’d be surprised if he doesn’t get a contract offer from them. 

20 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

I has never been able to share a link but of my search engine I just put Burnley fc players wages 2020-2021

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I has never been able to share a link but of my search engine I just put Burnley fc players wages 2020-2021

An example is : Name Nick Pope.   Age 28.   Position GK     Wages in £/Week. 37,500.      Contract End    2023

17 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Just stating what is required in order for Hearts to have any chance of finishing above Hibs and above Aberdeen next season which is the demand of the fans of this football club: 2x CBs absolute top of the shopping list. Guys who will hit the ground running, Rossi / Souttar / Berra type signings if we’re looking at recent years. I’d be looking to throw half the budget at that position if necessary. I think you could put Dunne in that ballpark for this summer, in terms of our price range... but I’m sure there are others we as fans are not aware of.

The squad needs plenty other improvements as well but with these current crop of Center halves we are in the bottom 6 guaranteed, would not matter who the manager is.

I agree we need  2 CBs but keeping them fit and razor sharp is a taller order.

4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

cheers. the websites only return guesstimates too. whilst appreciating my thoughts that Dunne is on £6-£8k a week is also a guesstimate, given the bloated wages in the EPL, I would be amazed if he is on £3k a week.

as someone else said, if dunne is on £3k a week he needs to get a new agent. I know Burnley aren't the biggest spending club, but they have been in the EPL for 5 years so will be gradually increasing their wage structure accordingly to establish themselves further in that league.  

Cheers. I would be absolutely staggered if Jimmy Dunne is earning £3k a week. I've previously guesstimated between £6-£8k a week - basic. Lump on extras for appearance money etc and it'll be more.

I'd be happy to see him back but would question his professional ambition as a move from the EPL to scotland's 2nd tier is hardly  a good career move for a young player.   

Question his professional ambition!? He'd be in the Premier League then.

At 23, Hearts would be a good move. He's got more chance of big club interest back down south if he's playing regular football, a potential big money transfer for HMFC! It's not a step back but a step to the side for a wee while. I've been slated on here for daring to even mention Dunne and Hearts in the same sentence. Don't care, i want to see young ambitious players wearing a maroon top. For me he is the only replacement for Berra. He's young, good in the air, decent with the ball at his feet, shows passion when he plays, goal threat from corners/free kicks, left-sided/footed and has been here before as well as saying (once he left) that he'd love the chance to play for Hearts again sometime. Berra's had his time and there's not a lot of pickings of Dunne's quality that we could get on a free. It would also be a signing that says we are to be taken seriously again. If no club down south fancies him then who in Scotland would take him? Celtic and Rangers won't. That leaves us, Hibs and Aberdeen. Do we lose out to these two or do we actually go and show some ambition for once and get a deal done? If it was me, he'd be on a pre-contract already.

Are we not getting promoted then?  
As he’s not getting a game and contract winding down, if he doesn’t get offered a new contract, the benchmark will be lower than his current salary. As he’s a free, we could offer a signing on fee along with a salary at upper end of our wage bracket. Alternatively offer a longer term deal with buy-our clause.  Offers longer term security  with upside, if he proves himself, can get back at a higher level. 

6 hours ago, jambonian said:

At 23, Hearts would be a good move. He's got more chance of big club interest back down south if he's playing regular football, a potential big money transfer for HMFC! It's not a step back but a step to the side for a wee while. I've been slated on here for daring to even mention Dunne and Hearts in the same sentence. Don't care, i want to see young ambitious players wearing a maroon top. For me he is the only replacement for Berra. He's young, good in the air, decent with the ball at his feet, shows passion when he plays, goal threat from corners/free kicks, left-sided/footed and has been here before as well as saying (once he left) that he'd love the chance to play for Hearts again sometime. Berra's had his time and there's not a lot of pickings of Dunne's quality that we could get on a free. It would also be a signing that says we are to be taken seriously again. If no club down south fancies him then who in Scotland would take him? Celtic and Rangers won't. That leaves us, Hibs and Aberdeen. Do we lose out to these two or do we actually go and show some ambition for once and get a deal done? If it was me, he'd be on a pre-contract already.

totally admire your pro hearts view - I share the same passion.

his agent I suspect would think otherwise. 'sideways' move to an english championship club such as stoke, middlesborough offering £10k a week more atractive.

money talks in a short career. £5k a week vs £10k a week over a 3 year deal  = £750k. His agent will get a cut.

money talks

5 hours ago, Sid said:

Are we not getting promoted then?  
As he’s not getting a game and contract winding down, if he doesn’t get offered a new contract, the benchmark will be lower than his current salary. As he’s a free, we could offer a signing on fee along with a salary at upper end of our wage bracket. Alternatively offer a longer term deal with buy-our clause.  Offers longer term security  with upside, if he proves himself, can get back at a higher level. 

as per my previous reply....

his agent I suspect would think otherwise. 'sideways' move to an english championship club such as stoke, middlesborough offering £10k a week more atractive.

money talks in a short career. £5k a week vs £10k a week over a 3 year deal  = £750k. His agent will get a cut.

money talks

9 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

as per my previous reply....

money talks

Do players still get signing on fees. Sorry if a daft question but someone whos good enough could maybe get a lump sum up front then a wage that fits our structure. Especially if no transfer fee.

15 hours ago, jambonian said:

If it was you ?

Think Jimmy Dunne would have some say in the matter

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Do players still get signing on fees. Sorry if a daft question but someone whos good enough could maybe get a lump sum up front then a wage that fits our structure. Especially if no transfer fee.

no idea. perhaps in the elite leagues they do?

giving one player a lump sum signing on fee is just a way of getting round our wage policy I'd say. 

might also annoy existing players who've played ball and accepted lower basic plus bonuses.

bottom line is, Jimmy Dunne can at worst float around the lower EPL / Chapionship potentially picking up £10-£20k a week for the next ten years without too much trouble.

6 hours ago, johnthomas said:

If it was you ?

Think Jimmy Dunne would have some say in the matter

You know what i mean!

...if i was at Hearts and looking to get a quality defender in then i'd be going all out to try and tie him up on a pre-contract if it was possible. But i think you knew that anyway.

john thomas
3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

You know what i mean!

...if i was at Hearts and looking to get a quality defender in then i'd be going all out to try and tie him up on a pre-contract if it was possible. But i think you knew that anyway.

Actually no . There are many posters on here who appear unaware that transfers involve the player's wishes as well

Happy to accept you are not one of them !

Like you I'd love to get Dunne . Personally doubt if it can be done financially . But yes , if it is at all possible , I hope we are going all out to to tie him up

1 minute ago, john thomas said:

Actually no . There are many posters on here who appear unaware that transfers involve the player's wishes as well

Happy to accept you are not one of them !

Like you I'd love to get Dunne . Personally doubt if it can be done financially . But yes , if it is at all possible , I hope we are going all out to to tie him up

Of course it's up to the player, that goes without saying. My initial point was i'd be (or Hearts should be) doing the very best they can to offer him a contract. You won't get many of that quality on a free. Plus he has history/connection with Hearts already. There's nothing to say he wouldn't think about it as an option but, as the old saying goes....you don't ask, you don't get. I'm looking at it as an investment for the club. Two/three year deal (he's only 23), get himself in the shop window and a possible big money transfer somewhere down the line. The other way i look at it is i'd rather sign three quality players on £6k a week each than seven or so players on £2k a week. Not only does it improve the quality, it stops  us bloating the squad with too many players and it also leaves room for young players coming through to find game-time or at least bench-time. 

If we don't sign two or three quality players, we're left with what we have now plus a few more average Joe's turning up, not really improving the squad, lower SPL level and just more of the same stuff we've watched since 2016.

john thomas
54 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Of course it's up to the player, that goes without saying. My initial point was i'd be (or Hearts should be) doing the very best they can to offer him a contract. You won't get many of that quality on a free. Plus he has history/connection with Hearts already. There's nothing to say he wouldn't think about it as an option but, as the old saying goes....you don't ask, you don't get. I'm looking at it as an investment for the club. Two/three year deal (he's only 23), get himself in the shop window and a possible big money transfer somewhere down the line. The other way i look at it is i'd rather sign three quality players on £6k a week each than seven or so players on £2k a week. Not only does it improve the quality, it stops  us bloating the squad with too many players and it also leaves room for young players coming through to find game-time or at least bench-time. 

If we don't sign two or three quality players, we're left with what we have now plus a few more average Joe's turning up, not really improving the squad, lower SPL level and just more of the same stuff we've watched since 2016.

If you read all of my post it really doesn't 'go without saying'

I , as previously stated , would love to get Dunne . Your other points are plain common sense [or should be] . I'd be delighted to be wrong about the possibility of JD signing

5 minutes ago, john thomas said:

If you read all of my post it really doesn't 'go without saying'

I , as previously stated , would love to get Dunne . Your other points are plain common sense [or should be] . I'd be delighted to be wrong about the possibility of JD signing

Not quite sure what you're point is (apart from we agree it would be a great signing) but....

I'll go back to the original post which you replied on, where you said that you.... "think Jimmy Dunne would have some say in the matter"

You are correct. I agree. Of course he'd have a say but that's pretty obvious without having to type it. That's why i replied "it goes without saying" because it doesn't need to be said. 

Anyway, the most important point of it all is that he'd be a cracking signing and would show the Premier that we were to be taken seriously. Him and another couple of quality players. Quality over quantity. Lose the dross, keep the better ones and free up some space for young players to get a chance. If we don't at least try to show a little bit of ambition we've got another few years of same old, same old again and again. I don't think the support will stand for that. Hearts need to be up there fighting with the old firm and Aberdeen. It's what we do best. Poncing about at the bottom end of the Premier is not only embarrassing, it's degrading for such an iconic club as HMFC. 

john thomas
6 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Not quite sure what you're point is (apart from we agree it would be a great signing) but....

I'll go back to the original post which you replied on, where you said that you.... "think Jimmy Dunne would have some say in the matter"

You are correct. I agree. Of course he'd have a say but that's pretty obvious without having to type it. That's why i replied "it goes without saying" because it doesn't need to be said. 

Anyway, the most important point of it all is that he'd be a cracking signing and would show the Premier that we were to be taken seriously. Him and another couple of quality players. Quality over quantity. Lose the dross, keep the better ones and free up some space for young players to get a chance. If we don't at least try to show a little bit of ambition we've got another few years of same old, same old again and again. I don't think the support will stand for that. Hearts need to be up there fighting with the old firm and Aberdeen. It's what we do best. Poncing about at the bottom end of the Premier is not only embarrassing, it's degrading for such an iconic club as HMFC. 

No biggie but I had already pointed out that many on here don't seem to think the player has a say [not necessarily on this thread]

Anyway Get Him Signed

4 hours ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Exactly the type of player we should be attempting to get in the door if we are to improve.

It would at least show some ambition. 

Pasquale for King
On 01/03/2021 at 12:02, mitch41 said:

There’s different links showing he’s on £7k, which sounds more like it but who knows. https://www.wtfoot.com/salary-overview/burnley-player-salaries-revealed/

Halkett made a name for himself playing on the left of a three at Livi with Declan Gallagher beside him, he actually looks better on the left. We still need better to progress, unfortunately I imagine Jimmy will have better offers. 

We will be selling our house soon.  We know exactly what it's worth.  It's worth exactly what someone is prepared to pay for it.

Jimmy Dunne is exactly the same.  In the unlikely event we are interested, our valuation will need to be somewhere near par with others, if there are any others.

• 6 months later...
54 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Scored the winning penalty for QPR against Everton tonight in the EFL Cup.

I thought he was a weird person to be taking their penalties, but I see it was a high scoring penalty shootout.

Shame he doesn't seem to have been able to establish himself in the team yet other than in the EFL Cup. 49minutes in the first 8 league games according to Transfermarkt.

On 22/09/2020 at 12:53, ri Alban said:

I knew about the GFA, but I was just curious whether it worked the other way. Cheers!

If you think about it probably extremely unlikely it would

7 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Few years ago now but I swear he was left footed when he was with us, surprised when I saw him tuck it in top corner with his right peg! 

he is class can use both feet, as should every pro footballer.

Bazzas right boot
56 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Signed in summer - 3 year deal

Another reason I feel no sympathy for club like Derby. 

Qpr Likley offered 4/5 times what we could, but they are over £50m in debt. 

It's bull shite that clubs in debt can add to it by paying transfer fees and through bigger contracts and outbid clubs that carry little or no debt. 

They added to their debt  in the last year but Brought in new players. 

However Tbf, that has came down from an eye watering £190m 10 years ago, so at least they are going the right way.