• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jim Panzee

• mitch41

• jambonian

• john thomas

Apart from clobbering his own team mate for one of their goals I thought he did OK overall and he will remember scoring on his EPL debut forever. Bit patronising of the commentator saying it was nice for him and his family though.

been here before

The best loan deal we've had for a long, long time. Looked like a young Jack Charlton. I really like him- solid, old fashioned traditional defender and took no pish

I believe the cliche is 'in a heartbeat'.

Montgomery Brewster
8 minutes ago, been here before said:

The best loan deal we've had for a long, long time. Looked like a young Jack Charlton. I really like him- solid, old fashioned traditional defender and took no pish

Correct 

Don't think I've ever seen a loan signing endear himself to our fans so much in recent times. Was only with us for half a season but even I like the guy a lot and take genuine pleasure seeing him do well for himself.

If he stayed fit all season, he would've been a big player for sure.

Didn't realise until now though that he actually is Irish. :lol: I thought he was from down Lancashire way and just eligible for Ireland.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Don't think I've ever seen a loan signing endear himself to our fans so much in recent times. Was only with us for half a season but even I like the guy a lot and take genuine pleasure seeing him do well for himself.

If he stayed fit all season, he would've been a big player for sure.

Didn't realise until now though that he actually is Irish. :lol: I thought he was from down Lancashire way and just eligible for Ireland.

Did he not have the choice to play for N Ireland and the the Republic?

Jimmy did well last night. I thought the 12 or do games that he played for us a few seasons back that he did very well & would have loved us to have had him back.  

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I thought he had signed for us when I see the title.... 🤔

Signed for us last Monday according to the spouting of a poster on here, can only assume we loaned him back immediately 🤷🏽🤷🏽🤷🏽

Even in the short time he was with us he looked far better than any defenders we've had in the last few years. Would have been a major signing for us if it had happened. Watched his goal the other night and thought he showed more passion after scoring than i've seen from most Hearts players in the last few years. Still had hope that we could even sign him on a pre-contract in January but after the other night he's already out of our league when it comes to getting players in. Still, least he loved playing for Hearts, maybe when he's made his money he might come back and pull on the maroon shirt again one day. 

5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Think so. He spent a number of years in Belfast at the Man Utd academy. Not sure if that's what it was to do with but I'm sure there is a rule between both Ireland's about education.

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Shows how good he is he absolutely strolled it 

Conceded 4 goals and lost?!

I don't get the Jimmy Dunne love in. He was a decent enough loanee (certainly no world beater at the time albeit definitely showed potential) who played a handful of games. Nothing more. We slaughter Hibs for constantly salivating over a guy who played for them for years and helped end their Scottish cup hoodoo, yet we're doing the same (on this thread and even more so on Twitter) for a guy who played for our club 14 times and achieved precisely nothing.

Time to park the Jimmy Dunne stuff.

rudi must stay
8 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

I don't get the Jimmy Dunne love in. He was a decent enough loanee (certainly no world beater at the time albeit definitely showed potential) who played a handful of games. Nothing more. We slaughter Hibs for constantly salivating over a guy who played for them for years and helped end their Scottish cup hoodoo, yet we're doing the same (on this thread and even more so on Twitter) for a guy who played for our club 14 times and achieved precisely nothing.

You watch mate. He'll be a regular in one of the best leagues in the world for years. He really is that good 

6 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Anybody born in Northern Ireland can choose to play for the Republic of Ireland.

8 hours ago, frankblack said:

Good luck to the lad, but we can forget about hm and move on.  Think we still need another centre half.

You say that as if it was ever liable to happen .

1 hour ago, loveofthegame said:

Dearie me...

:facepalm:

4 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Dearie me...

:facepalm:

What? He was decent enough but only played 14 games. Why the love in? Are we really that desperate?

35 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

What? He was decent enough but only played 14 games. Why the love in? Are we really that desperate?

Not sure why you're calling it a love-in though  - just a recognition that he was a very good footballer from a higher level, who we were lucky to have for a year.    If Dunne was just "decent enough", what do you make of the dozens that CL signed or brought in on loan ?    Off the top of my head,  only McLaughlin, Lafferty, Haring,  Naismith (on loan) and Michael Smith were as effective than Dunne.     All about opinions though.

Edited by Lone Striker

13 hours ago, graygo said:

Anybody born in Northern Ireland can choose to play for the Republic of Ireland.

Does that work the other way? 

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Does that work the other way? 

No, if you're born in the Republic then you're Irish, if you're born in the North you can be British or Irish.

Mental but it's part of the Good Friday agreement that people born in the North are entitled to an Irish passport.

Edited by graygo

20 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Signed for us last Monday according to the spouting of a poster on here, can only assume we loaned him back immediately 🤷🏽🤷🏽🤷🏽

🤣

4 hours ago, graygo said:

No, if you're born in the Republic then you're Irish, if you're born in the North you can be British or Irish.

Mental but it's part of the Good Friday agreement that people born in the North are entitled to an Irish passport.

I knew about the GFA, but I was just curious whether it worked the other way. Cheers!

On 20/09/2020 at 22:58, been here before said:

Signed for my Fantasy side.

• 5 months later...

Jimmy Dunne out of contract in the summer. Has been sitting on the bench for Burnley and at 23 he needs to be playing every week. He’s on £3,000 a week. He’s a lefty as well and with Soapy these 2 would make a great pairing with Halkett and another lefty centre back to come in.

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Jimmy Dunne out of contract in the summer. Has been sitting on the bench for Burnley and at 23 he needs to be playing every week. He’s on £3,000 a week. He’s a lefty as well and with Soapy these 2 would make a great pairing with Halkett and another lefty centre back to come in.

Would be a huge upgrade on anything else we currently have, great foil for soapy, either him or liam lindsay for me, would be great if we could get both.

Is there any chance he doesn't see his future in the SPFL because it's shite. 

Folk act as if it's a no brainer for him and we just need to get it done. 

Edited by jambopilms

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Really ?  You sure about that wage for  an EPL first team squad player ?   

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

If he was a squad player in the championship I'd have trouble believing that, never mind the EPL.

For me the deal with jd and similar is we should be appealing. OK dosh, regular games, international call ups, shop window.

1100 down to who else wants him. If Nottingham Forrest want him and he's likely to play, we're goosed.

You'd hope we're asking.

No even so much Jimmy but guys of similar status.

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

The wimmen in the canteens at EPL clubs probably get £3k a week.

Bunny Munro

Worth a phone call.

I expect he will have teams willing to pay him more. Will the chance to play every week for a club he already knows (and whose fans already rate him)  be enough to convince him to join. Only one way to find out.

WheatfieldWarrior
On 21/09/2020 at 10:22, Smith's right boot said:

I thought he had signed for us when I see the title.... 🤔

I was sure he was getting the manager's job.