Season ticket holders - what is your preferred option for streamed games?

kila

Season ticket holders - what is your preferred option for streamed games?  

336 members have voted

1. 1. Season ticket holders - what is your preferred option for streamed games?

• Streamed games to count as a season ticket attendance
    • £8 per stream (with season ticket games rolling over to next season)
    • £12 per stream (with season ticket games rolling over to next season)
    • £15+ per stream (with season ticket games rolling over to next season)

Just now, CostaJambo said:

This is where I am at right now. I had HW for years when living abroad but came back to UK a couple of years ago (south of England) so just have the UK version now which doesn't seem to have any live video now, even the games that were on sky or BT sport or whatever that used to be available. I am considering getting a season ticket to watch the streams but it is not clear what will happen if/when all fans are allowed back in the ground, i.e. presumably they would then stop streaming them for ST holders? There is no danger I can get up to Edinburgh due to family commitments. Also wish they would hurry up and announce the ppv cost so I can decide on the ST or not. One other thing that hasn't been discussed yet (I don't think) is this - what happens if crowds are reintroduced on a limited capacity scale? This place will be in meltdown if say only 1000 are allowed in at first and then the number gradually ramps up considering the number of STs we have!!!

It’s hard to see all season ticket holders getting in at the same time this season so I think they will continue with the live streaming for this season and maybe beyond. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

• been here before

• kila

1 minute ago, kila said:

Indeed but I'd happily pay my 21/22 renewal earlier if the club needed the cash. There's ways to massage/kick the streaming costs down the line to when things aren't so bad.

As for the bit in bold - I didn't suggest one season with no ST money. I'm talking a handful of games rolling over to next season's ticket book. Because face it, if half the season or more ends up BCD, the league will crash - and if that happened then it wouldn't really matter if we lost games off our ST or not as Scottish football would be in a major crisis.

Which is why many are content to get a stream in place of attending the match. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 hours ago, frankblack said:

I suggested offering hospitality options or something similar to season ticket holders on a first-come first served basis when attending live football is possible.

Another good suggestion 

2 hours ago, kila said:

Indeed but I'd happily pay my 21/22 renewal earlier if the club needed the cash. There's ways to massage/kick the streaming costs down the line to when things aren't so bad.

As for the bit in bold - I didn't suggest one season with no ST money. I'm talking a handful of games rolling over to next season's ticket book. Because face it, if half the season or more ends up BCD, the league will crash - and if that happened then it wouldn't really matter if we lost games off our ST or not as Scottish football would be in a major crisis.

I wish I shared your optimism about full season ticket holder attendances this season.

You proposed and voted for an optional payment of £8 per game / stream with these games on your ST rolling over to next season. Which means if all games were streamed and you opted to pay for them you would pay a total of £112! 

Then assuming things are back to normal season 21/22 you see all games without making any additional season ticket payments over and above those you made for season 20/21! Whichever way I look at it that’s one season ticket payment for two seasons!

Whatever happens Hearts supporters need to back the club so that when things are back to normal Hearts are stronger vs the competition than before the crisis.

I’m delighted that I’m able to see all games    played at Tynecastle ‘live’ as they happen!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

2 hours ago, Section Q said:

Not sure our club know how to stop taking tbh. Hope there's a time when they give something back.

I wager there's people at the club who already think they have.

Gorgie Boot boy

Watching Hearts live TV will ensure you get to see the side play. that is if the Championship is up and running.

I voted for Season ticket holders to be able to view the games, PPV takes care of anyone else, will they expect the club to allow them to view on the cheap. Not a chance, get your money out and pay the costs. The guarantee states you will get to see all games at  Tynecastle, have not seen anything that says , from your seat in the stands .

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

wattie exploited
On 20/09/2020 at 17:03, Sir Gio said:

I would say anyone paying 450 quid gets a rebate 

exactly I paid  £900  roughly for me and my son so I think that is a bit much to watch a streamed game I know its hard times but the way they have went about this is pretty shoddy :rifle:

Jambos, just making sure I understand what the score is, having paid for my season ticket do I now have to subscribe to Hearts TV to watch live coverage of our games or does the season ticket give me a free pass? Just seeking clarification as a newbie, thanks, Terry. Only Hearts 💕

2 minutes ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Jambos, just making sure I understand what the score is, having paid for my season ticket do I now have to subscribe to Hearts TV to watch live coverage of our games or does the season ticket give me a free pass? Just seeking clarification as a newbie, thanks, Terry. Only Hearts 💕

You get a ‘Free’ pass. 

wattie exploited
On 21/09/2020 at 09:18, Jack Torrance said:

I'll probably get pelters on here for it but I'm not paying £1000 to stream games online.

Works out at over £50 a game if there's 18 or over £80 a month if you assume it's over a year.

£1000 is what my two adult and one child platinum tickets cost. I even thought I'd help out the club by upgrading to platinum and buying my grandson a ticket. I figured it would help the club now and I'd still get in to see the games when we were allowed back in, because of their guarantee. 

Never thought for a minute they'd try to pull the wool over my eyes. It's been done to death about the wording and how we should all suck it up and support the club - "what else can they do".

I've supported the club financially over the years. I still pay in to FOH and I'll consider paying for a streaming service to help the club if the offer is clear (don't trust them anymore).

This morning I've received an email holding reply to my refund request saying my request has been shared with the relevant people and they'll  send me a more substantive response in the next few days. Sounds like they're considering how to communicate this time.

Sorry if that upsets some but I'm not a charity. Well done to those who are happy and able to pay and let the streamed games count instead of access to the seat they paid for. 

I feel the same mate I  dont think I would be paying £900 to stream a game of football I dont mind paying to stream football but not at these prices its ok if you have good income coming in but not everybody has right now :rifle:

scott herbertson

I voted for the ST to cover streamed games but I can understand why some people are aggrieved.

You can't please everybody all the time, but here is my suggestion ( copyright Herbertson 2020) to deal with the situation:

I believe the club should offer supporters the choice of:

Option 1  - take the streamed games for your season ticket (adults only)

Option 2  - defer your season ticket until next year , you'll have to pay to stream this year 

Option 3  - take a full refund - you'll have to pay to stream this year and probably pay much higher price for the ST next year  as we will be in the Premier league

I think this would be fair all round though unpleasant financially if too many people opt for 3.

Note it would allow families staying in the same house to keep one adult ST to see the streamed games at home and defer the other tickets to the following year.

Once you have decided, then no refunds on next year's deferred tickets.

Streamed games should be at least £10 a pop, to make it not so painful for those who choose Option 1

32 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I voted for the ST to cover streamed games but I can understand why some people are aggrieved.

You can't please everybody all the time, but here is my suggestion ( copyright Herbertson 2020) to deal with the situation:

I believe the club should offer supporters the choice of:

Option 1  - take the streamed games for your season ticket (adults only)

Option 2  - defer your season ticket until next year , you'll have to pay to stream this year 

Option 3  - take a full refund - you'll have to pay to stream this year and probably pay much higher price for the ST next year  as we will be in the Premier league

I think this would be fair all round though unpleasant financially if too many people opt for 3.

Note it would allow families staying in the same house to keep one adult ST to see the streamed games at home and defer the other tickets to the following year.

Once you have decided, then no refunds on next year's deferred tickets.

Streamed games should be at least £10 a pop, to make it not so painful for those who choose Option 1

Streaming should be the price of the cheapest adult seat, if we went with your model. No idea what that is though. I’m happy to keep my platinum ST. 

Sorry, but if you don't get what you paid for, you're due your money back or roll over for the following year. 

Streaming is a different service altogether. 

been here before
11 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Dont you think £500 to watch a Season of SPFL is over priced to start with?

11 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Streaming should be the price of the cheapest adult seat, if we went with your model. No idea what that is though. I’m happy to keep my platinum ST. 

Hopefully when other Scottish Clubs start dying from lack of income this season, Hearts fans will feel more content with the decisions we have made re season tickets and streams.

The PPV streaming model simply isn't financially viable due to the prevalence of pirate streams.  I am extremely confident that I will be able to see every Hearts away match onlinebwithout paying a single penny to the home team (Inverness excepted).

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Hopefully when other Scottish Clubs start dying from lack of income this season, Hearts fans will feel more content with the decisions we have made re season tickets and streams.

The PPV streaming model simply isn't financially viable due to the prevalence of pirate streams.  I am extremely confident that I will be able to see every Hearts away match onlinebwithout paying a single penny to the home team (Inverness excepted).

I'd bet a number of clubs can't afford to install the infrastructure to support streaming, so you would be relying on a broadcaster like BBC to pick up away games.

Just now, frankblack said:

I'd bet a number of clubs can't afford to install the infrastructure to support streaming, so you would be relying on a broadcaster like BBC to pick up away games.

I think that every club has streaming in some shape or form via either their own cameras or the pixellot system.

scott herbertson
3 hours ago, been here before said:

Dont you think £500 to watch a Season of SPFL is over priced to start with?

absolutely - I wouldn't pay it myself as I am a cheapskate!

All I meant is that if people took a refund on this year's ticket, rather than defer, they would probably be paying more for the same ticket the following year as they usually go up in price each year. It would be an encouragement to hold on to the ticket rather than ask Hearts for the money back

I think Hearts misled the supporters with the guarantee.  There was no mention of streamed games.  Also someone paying 450 quid gets exactly the same as someone paying 300 quid that ain't right either.

9 minutes ago, bighalders said:

I think Hearts misled the supporters with the guarantee.  There was no mention of streamed games.  Also someone paying 450 quid gets exactly the same as someone paying 300 quid that ain't right either.

I don't think Hearts misled anybody. The guarantee started out as 4 games rolled over seen as how we'll only have 14 this season and then they somehow made a complete a*** of it. I don't think it was in any way deliberate though.

wattie exploited
19 minutes ago, bighalders said:

someone paying 450 quid gets exactly the same as someone paying 300 quid that ain't right either. totally agree with this point they need to fix this out our gives some of us the difference back :rifle:

52 minutes ago, bighalders said:

I have to agree with this.

My brother and I have been premium season ticket holders since the new stand was built. That equates to approx £35 per stream. It doesn't sit right with me that we are paying more than folk who have bought cheaper season tickets this year, especially when we are not seeing any benefits to the premium season ticket package. I could have bought the cheapest season ticket and stll had a comfy seat in the house. 

As far i'm concerned, the club can keep my money, as let's be honest, it's the only way we are going to survive this year. But, the least the club can do is offer some incintives/discounts to platinum or premium season ticket holders for the following season, instead of trying to glamorise the 18 game guarantee as something it is not.

51 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

It’ll be a shame if all these refunds lead financial problems and the quality on the park drops.

Let's play the guilt trip. Not everyone can just right off money they don't have, just like that. 

Do you think folk should keep up finance for season tickets they won't get to use, just to pay overpaid footballers? 

Just now, ri Alban said:

Let's play the guilt trip. Not everyone can just right off money they don't have, just like that. 

Do you think folk should keep up finance for season tickets they won't get to use, just to pay overpaid footballers? 

People can do what they like. I’m not judging them. I’m just stating that it will be a shame, and it’s a fact that it could seriously harm the club’s finances. 

been here before
9 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

People can do what they like. I’m not judging them. I’m just stating that it will be a shame, and it’s a fact that it could seriously harm the club’s finances. 

'Ask for some or all of your money back and you could be seriously harming the club'.

Pretty low.

Just now, been here before said:

'Ask for some or all of your money back and you could be seriously harming the club'.

Pretty low.

Don’t use quotes for words that weren’t mine. 

**** all low about it. It’s stating a fact. People will have to square that with themselves when deciding what to do. I’ve already said I have sympathy for folk who will feel the pinch. I also stated that I don’t think anyone who took up the refund on games next season should be made to feel bad about it, back when we all thought that we were getting refunds via a guarantee.

Do you know what is low? Apart from misquoting someone just to be a *****? The way you repeat the same tedious banal pish on here every day about “Uber fans” because some folk want to do their bit to help the club and try and garner some sort of vengeance on those who ****ed us over.

Boring, snide, and so far up your own arse, I’m surprised you don’t fall asleep every time you look in the mirror. :) 

#uber

been here before
3 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Don’t use quotes for words that weren’t mine. 

**** all low about it. It’s stating a fact. People will have to square that with themselves when deciding what to do. I’ve already said I have sympathy for folk who will feel the pinch. I also stated that I don’t think anyone who took up the refund on games next season should be made to feel bad about it, back when we all thought that we were getting refunds via a guarantee.

Do you know what is low? Apart from misquoting someone just to be a *****? The way you repeat the same tedious banal pish on here every day about “Uber fans” because some folk want to do their bit to help the club and try and garner some sort of vengeance on those who ****ed us over.

Boring, snide, and so far up your own arse, I’m surprised you don’t fall asleep every time you look in the mirror. :) 

#uber

Ive not made a quote up or misquoted anyone, its a summary of what you're saying.

Is it wrong?

You're not saying that those people who look for a refund or part refund could be seriously damaging the club?

Edited by been here before

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Ive not made a quote up, its a summary of what you're saying.

Is it wrong?

You did make a quote up. You used quotation marks and then judged it “pretty low”. It also wasn’t an accurate summary, or even a necessary summary, since it was a whole one word less than the post you misquoted.

I stated that it would be a shame, and I stated the facts that it could cause Hearts damage financially. 

If you want to address what I actually said, then that fine.

Edited by Beast Boy

been here before
Just now, Beast Boy said:

You did make a quite up. You used quotation marks and then judged it “pretty low”. It also wasn’t an accurate summary, or even a necessary summary, since it was a whole one word less than the post you misquoted.

I stated that it would be a shame, and I stated the facts that it could cause Hearts damage financially. 

If you want to address what I actually said, then that fine.

Right so you're not saying that people asking for a refund could seriously damage Hearts financially.

Glad thats cleared that up.

Let's assume the majority who purchased a season ticket where working and used the season ticket purchase with disposable income so absolutely zero hardship to be had there, if you've purchased it and gotten yourself into a financial pickle then that's tough Shit imo, suck it up and learn.

Now, after lockdown you've either kept working or have been subsidised by the fantastic work of Boris and his chums who paid you to sit on your arse for a few months. 

What's there to really moan about, we're all still alive, we're going to get to see all the home games without having to put up with pissheads pushing past you every 10 minutes, no play-doh chompers gurning before a ball is kicked and no icicles gathering on the nether regions. 

Could this even be a way forward for clubs with long distance supporters that like to contribute to the club. A cyber season ticket with all proceeds going to Hearts.

Probably more beneficial that the pittance the tv deals bring in.

2 hours ago, Bungle said:

I have to agree with this.

My brother and I have been premium season ticket holders since the new stand was built. That equates to approx £35 per stream. It doesn't sit right with me that we are paying more than folk who have bought cheaper season tickets this year, especially when we are not seeing any benefits to the premium season ticket package. I could have bought the cheapest season ticket and stll had a comfy seat in the house. 

As far i'm concerned, the club can keep my money, as let's be honest, it's the only way we are going to survive this year. But, the least the club can do is offer some incintives/discounts to platinum or premium season ticket holders for the following season, instead of trying to glamorise the 18 game guarantee as something it is not.

I saw a quote on social media.  If Jet2 sold you a holiday for two weeks in Ibiza then cancelled the flights but sent you videos of the beaches of Ibiza you'd be quite rightly upset and probably want your money back.  This analargy fits what Hearts have done

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Right so you're not saying that people asking for a refund could seriously damage Hearts financially.

Glad thats cleared that up.

It was one sentence, it wasn’t hard to read and understand. If you needed it “cleared up” (see how quotes work?) then that’s on you mate. 

Since it appears I do have have to clear it up, however: 

Yes. If hundreds of people ask for refunds of hundreds of pounds, then it is a stone cold fact that it will cost the club hundreds of thousands of pounds and harm it financially. I would find that a shame. First part is a fact, and the second part is my opinion.

What part of the above are you struggling with?

been here before
2 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

It was one sentence, it wasn’t hard to read and understand. If you needed it “cleared up” (see how quotes work?) then that’s on you mate. 

Since it appears I do have have to clear it up, however: 

Yes. If hundreds of people ask for refunds of hundreds of pounds, then it is a stone cold fact that it will cost the club hundreds of thousands of pounds and harm it financially. I would find that a shame. First part is a fact, and the second part is my opinion.

What part of the above are you struggling with?

You're really getting hung up on quotes arent you? " are direct quotation marks and ' can be used for paraphrasing. Go back and see what I used.

Now... Im sure people know the implications, potential or otherwise, of asking for refunds some may feel bad about doing so and would rather not but perhaps have none or little choice. Others may be feeling utterly ****ed off at being lied to, duped or taken for granted. They will also, Im sure, know the implications.

You coming along and poiting that out, playing the guilt trip acheives nothing apart from making people feel that little bit more shite.

Pretty low.

Bash on.

21 minutes ago, been here before said:

You're really getting hung up on quotes arent you? " are direct quotation marks and ' can be used for paraphrasing. Go back and see what I used.

Now... Im sure people know the implications, potential or otherwise, of asking for refunds some may feel bad about doing so and would rather not but perhaps have none or little choice. Others may be feeling utterly ****ed off at being lied to, duped or taken for granted. They will also, Im sure, know the implications.

You coming along and poiting that out, playing the guilt trip acheives nothing apart from making people feel that little bit more shite.

Pretty low.

Bash on.

:rofl:

**** off! You tried to be a smart arse and be wide. You did it in a really stupid nonsensical way by trying to paraphrase eighteen words in to seventeen, changing the thrust and the meaning at the same time. I stated a fact and an opinion, and you attempted to be a *****.

I’ll leave you to get back to calling other fans “ubers” because they don’t like what was done to us by the other clubs in the SPFL. Pretty low.

Edited by Beast Boy

48 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Could this even be a way forward for clubs with long distance supporters that like to contribute to the club. A cyber season ticket with all proceeds going to Hearts.

Probably more beneficial that the pittance the tv deals bring in.

We could rebrand ourselves as Man U of the North.

been here before
18 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

**** off! You tried to be a smart arse and be wide. You did it in a really stupid nonsensical way by trying to paraphrase eighteen words in to seventeen, changing the thrust and the meaning at the same time. I stated a fact and an opinion, and you attempted to be a *****.

I’ll leave you to get back to calling other fans “ubers” because they don’t like what was done to us by the other clubs in the SPFL. Pretty low.

"18 words"....

2 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

It’ll be a shame if all these refunds lead financial problems and the quality on the park drops.

1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

And Ill concede that you werent trying to make folk feel a bit shite, a bit guilty. It was simply that you were pointing out a fact that only you had discovered and thought it best to mention as no-one else has the grasp of economics that you do.

Edited by been here before

7 minutes ago, been here before said:

"18 words"....

Yes, 18 words. That is the number of words in the post that you were paraphrasing. 👇

See needlessly paraphrased post below 👇

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Pretty low.

You were trying to come the *****, but just quoting me directly didn’t fit your angle. So you paraphrased 18 words in to 17, and at the same time completely changed the post and the meaning.

Then you spent the next few posts twisting like a fish on a line to justify being a . 🤷‍♂️

Maybe you should just stick to calling people with a grievance against the SPFL ubers? At least you’re better at that. Is a bit boring though.

Edited by Beast Boy

been here before
4 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Yes, 18 words. That is the number of words in the post that you were paraphrasing. 👇

See needlessly paraphrased post below 👇

You were trying to come the *****, but just quoting me directly didn’t fit your angle. So you paraphrased 18 words in to 17, and at the same time completely changed the post and the meaning.

Posts plural. 2 posts, Ive even pointed them out for you, both of them, the 2 of them.

So, and Ill paraphrase here, without any punctuation to trouble you, if you didnt mean people asking for refunds could seiously damage the club, what did you mean?

Just so we all know.

And why point it out, is it some sort of scoop you've got. Or just trying to maybe make some folk feel a bit bad about doing it?

41 minutes ago, been here before said:

Posts plural. 2 posts, Ive even pointed them out for you, both of them, the 2 of them.

So, and Ill paraphrase here, without any punctuation to trouble you, if you didnt mean people asking for refunds could seiously damage the club, what did you mean?

Just so we all know.

And why point it out, is it some sort of scoop you've got. Or just trying to maybe make some folk feel a bit bad about doing it?

Aye, I’m sure everyone is riveted and on the edge of their seats. :lol:

Risible attempt at wriggling out of just putting up your hands, and admitting you had to paraphrase my original post, in order to fit your attempt at being a snide *****.

There is even a quote function built in to the reply options. Why did you not just use that? 

What part of my original post (the 18 word one, in case you have trouble comprehending again) is untrue? 

Edited by Beast Boy

been here before
9 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Aye, I’m sure everyone is riveted and on the edge of their seats. :lol:

Risible attempt at wriggling out of just putting up your hands and admitting you had to paraphrase my original post in order to fit your attempt at being a snide *****.

There is even a quite function built in to the reply options. Why did you not just use that? 

What part of my original post (the 18 word one, in case you have trouble comprehending again) is untrue? 

Im mot disputing the veracity of the statement, never have.

Just simply wondering why you've felt the need to bring it up.

To show off your big brainy economic head and the grounbreaking thought you've had... 

or

To make people feel guilty.

Apologies for asking again given your reluctance to answer it but who knows, you might give it a bash.

When I bought my season ticket I fully expected that we wouldn't get in to Tunecastoe to see games for a large portion of what was already a curtailed season. 

I fully expected that streaming games would be the only alternative that Hearts could out forward, that way loyal fans have immediate acces to the games, the club honours the access to games and we all feel better about supporting the club through thick (and the recent thin) it was simple common sense

To those who are outraged...just what exactly did you think was going to happen,? 

Perhaps to appease fans about the guarantee, and limiting damage, they can offer those who don’t ask for a refund, and accept the stream, they could freeze season ticket prices, or reduce by 10% or something, when we can get back in for a full season, whenever that may be, or offer discounts for meals in the Sky Lounge, or something. 

24 minutes ago, been here before said:

Im mot disputing the veracity of the statement, never have.

Just simply wondering why you've felt the need to bring it up.

To show off your big brainy economic head and the grounbreaking thought you've had... 

or

To make people feel guilty.

Apologies for asking again given your reluctance to answer it but who knows, you might give it a bash.

Oh I’m sorry... I didn’t realise that facts were unwelcome on the thread. I’ll run it by an Uber-poster like yourself first, next time. Are no facts allowed, or is it just the ones that you are uncomfortable with? 

19 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Perhaps to appease fans about the guarantee, and limiting damage, they can offer those who don’t ask for a refund, and accept the stream, they could freeze season ticket prices, or reduce by 10% or something, when we can get back in for a full season, whenever that may be, or offer discounts for meals in the Sky Lounge, or something. 

I’d like to see them do something for the supporters that have bought multiple season tickets per household first and foremost. Sure they could come up with something. I quite like bits of your suggestion there. I still think 6 free tickets a season for Season ticket holders for the next three seasons would be a good idea too.

Edited by Beast Boy