MAN HALTS CHARGING ELEPHANT

JFK-1

3 hours ago, indianajones said:

Had his willy out. Elephants are really scared of small things. 

Perhaps. Although he probably carts his baws around in a wheelbarrow. 

3 hours ago, indianajones said:

Had his willy out. Elephants are really scared of small things. 

Strange things in nature, elephants are terrified of mice, lions and tigers are scared of the bottom of chairs. 

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Strange things in nature, elephants are terrified of mice, lions and tigers are scared of the bottom of chairs. 

:lol: 

1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

And like that....we now know Elephants are bottle merchants.....

So you're going to stand your ground when 5 tons of elephant makes a charge? I suppose it might actually be the only chance. You can't outrun it.

But this guy isn't typical. There's a little more information in the video description.

This trail guide remains incredibly calm and manages to halt a charging elephant in South Africa. The video was filmed at Kruger National park, and shows the elephant being stopped in its tracks.

"The elephant encounter is an authentic example of how calm energy can influence the behaviour of wild animals," Alan McSmith told Newsflare.

"Most trail guides who have seen the video admit that they may have shot the elephant in self-defence, it was that close."

"The footage is a testament to elephant's intelligence and complex behavior and shows how humans and animals can connect on a meaningful level," he added.

"Therefore, ultimately, the video is about the elephant and not me."

I think I would deem that extremely reckless to say the least. She could have been seriously injured or even killed. That's half a ton moving at a fair pace.

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

So you're going to stand your ground when 5 tons of elephant makes a charge? I suppose it might actually be the only chance. You can't outrun it.

Yup.

You heard it here first. If an elephant charges me anytime I'm standing my ground. Don't care if it causes gridlock at Liberton Brae or delays at the Quality Street Junction or anywhere in the Lothians.

1 minute ago, Der Kaiser said:

Yup.

You heard it here first. If an elephant charges me anytime I'm standing my ground. Don't care if it causes gridlock at Liberton Brae or delays at the Quality Street Junction or anywhere in the Lothians.

Okay, I will be standing behind you. Reminds me of a joke I heard Billy Connolly tell. A BBC camera crew is out on the plains in Africa filming lions. The big pride lion begins roaring aggressively while coming gradually closer.

The camera man keeps filming while at the same time slipping out of his boots and into a pair of running shoes. The sound guy says to him you're never going to outrun a lion in those.

The camera guy says I know. I don't need to outrun him, I only need to outrun you.

21 hours ago, been here before said:

Im always impressed by this lassie stopping a horse...

Some nuggets to do that!

Yeah but the skidmarks are pretty bad...

6 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

This type of thing doesn't always work...

I think the clip shows a guy that valued the elephants life more than his own. As already stated, he could've shot it. He's took a real risk by standing his ground instead, on another day he would be stomped into the ground. Foolish and brave really.

I'll never forget speaking with our guide at the Safari lodge we were in near Kruger. He was immensely emotional when speaking about poaching and dwindling elephant numbers. He had a huge scar where an elephant had put a tusk through him and he put it's behaviour down to it having witnessed parts of it's herd being shot by poachers. The same elephant was later put down after another attack.

12 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

The elephant was probably frightened of this guys huge balls of steel. 

Maybe also somewhat puzzled. What is this? When I charge everything in my path runs. This is weird.