• Locky

• Wee Mikey

• leginten

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Riddley Walker
On 24/04/2021 at 11:53, Lfhearts said:

Everyone apart from Schalke fans pissing themselves at their plight, in the main hated by other German club fans.

What are the reasons for this @Locky? Massive fan base, bit Billy big baws? 

2 hours ago, Riddley Walker said:

What are the reasons for this @Locky? Massive fan base, bit Billy big baws? 

I wouldn't say Schalke are as hated as much as Lfhearts says. There have been many nice comments from fans and clubs across Germany wishing Schalke back soon to the top flight. I can only really describe Schalke's demise as a sort of more extreme case of what's happened at Hearts in the last few seasons. Signing complete duds mainly. I'd say Schalke in Germany, are a bit like Hearts in Scotland. You either respect them, or really dislike them. For why the dislike? Who knows really.

davemclaren
On 14/05/2021 at 09:20, Locky said:

I wouldn't say Schalke are as hated as much as Lfhearts says. There have been many nice comments from fans and clubs across Germany wishing Schalke back soon to the top flight. I can only really describe Schalke's demise as a sort of more extreme case of what's happened at Hearts in the last few seasons. Signing complete duds mainly. I'd say Schalke in Germany, are a bit like Hearts in Scotland. You either respect them, or really dislike them. For why the dislike? Who knows really.

So Hearts are the Scottish Schalke? 😄

I get the feeling that German supporters are more tolerant of other teams than we are here. Although, in saying that, I was once accosted by a drunk Hertha Berlin fan in a Musselburgh pub due to me wearing a Hannover 96 T-shirt. 

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

So Hearts are the Scottish Schalke? 😄

I get the feeling that German supporters are more tolerant of other teams than we are here. Although, in saying that, I was once accosted by a drunk Hertha Berlin fan in a Musselburgh pub due to me wearing a Hannover 96 T-shirt. 

Following Schalke is startlingly similar to following Hearts. :lol: There's a reason I've become so connected.

The rivalry is generally much more civilised and well mannered over there but trouble is never far away in the right settings. The Hamburg rivalry is definitely pretty tasty.

• 4 weeks later...
Auld Reekin'
34 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Plenty of imposters in the Hearts' squads over the past few years too...   :ermm:  :facepalm:

Anyway, hope that the player and club can get this sorted out and that neither incur any penalties as a result of this - sounds like it was for a genuine reason, rather than "doing a Laryea" and hiding his true age.