***Official Bundesliga thread 2020/21***

Rick James

Remember back in May when everyone got into the Bundesliga because it was all we had? Well I'm keeping that ball rolling and shamelessly starting my own thread to keep all you fine *******s clued up and interested in Fussball. 

Just under half an hour til the new season starts with my Schalke up against it tonight at European champions Bayern, in seek of their own 9IAR. Not confident at all about Schalke's season. Wagner has stayed on for another season to the dismay of many supporters, and a difficult summer of financial difficulty (sound familiar?) has led to some key players leaving. A bit of a shake up in the higher management structure though has saw a few new faces come in the door, although what they will bring to the table is a mystery. One of which is Vedad Ibisevic, a good striker who's been around in the Buli for years now, but is 36.

Of course for many, the hope is that Bayern are dethroned. Dortmund and Leipzig are of course the 2 who everyone would expect to run them, but RB have lost Werner and yet to really replace him, while Dortmund are still a pretty young squad, and not even the most optimistic Borussia fans seem convinced that Favre is the man to make Dortmund realise their ambitions.

Bielefeld and Stuttgart are back in the top flight at the expense of Dusseldorf and Paderborn, while eyes will be on Werder who narrowly avoided relegation via the play-offs last season.

So get the Bratwurst under the grill, get the Erdinger in the fridge, strap on your Lederhosen, and enjoy the campaign ahead. Pröst!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rick James

• Wee Mikey

• leginten

• davemclaren

Just now, leginten said:

Düsseldorf are playing really poorly in Hamburg at the moment - 2-0 down. 

Was hoping Rosler would catch a break this season. Then again, Hamburg away on the opening day isn't the ideal start.

1 minute ago, Locky said:

Was hoping Rosler would catch a break this season. Then again, Hamburg away on the opening day isn't the ideal start.

They’ve just pulled one back in time added on, a minute after going down to ten men.

2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

😀 Gnabry is some machine.  Good thread 👍 

Long game for schalke now.  4-0

Honestly think I'd take 4-0. :lol: 

I am also tuning in with the Schalke shirt on display. I can't see bayern not winning the game or league, give them any chances and they take them I rate their squad very highly. 

If any team is going to beat them to the title its probably going to be Dortmund with the young players gaining more and more experience.

57 minutes ago, Locky said:

Honestly think I'd take 4-0. :lol: 

You have your wish.

Trouble is, there’s still 43 minutes to go...

Bayern are one of the most ruthless sides I’ve ever seen, they just keep on going even when the other team are destroyed. 
And Düsseldorf look like they’re going to continue to be underwhelming, just to piss me off. At least a lot of the losing football last season was good to watch, none of that tonight. 

Bayern as ruthless as I thought they'd be. The minute the fixtures came out, I knew we'd take a tanking. One saving grace for BVB fans is many critics feel that Bayern's squad is lacking the depth required to handle a Bundesliga campaign and UCL defence.

Long season ahead for Schalke. Reminded me of watching Hearts last season.

27 minutes ago, farin said:

1 game in & we’ve prob seen the league winners already. 

And next season's Bundesliga 2 winners. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Gone said:

Both teams picking up where they left off post lockdown

Schalke's record since shutting down must be absolutely diabolical

Haven't won a game since the comeback in May! IIRC, we snatched a draw against someone at the tail end of the season against Leverkusen I think, and that's it, the rest have been defeats.

50 minutes ago, Locky said:

Haven't won a game since the comeback in May! IIRC, we snatched a draw against someone at the tail end of the season against Leverkusen I think, and that's it, the rest have been defeats.

Shocked that they kept Wagner on

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

🤣 8-Nil

This thread :hartley:

Not at all. I always knew we would take a tanking last night.

Besides, plenty fans of the yellow mob on here too so they can have their discussion tonight. A long old season ahead.

3 hours ago, Boris said:

Nice nod to the vidiprinter.

Thought the same. I hope we get a few of those ourselves when the season kicks off. 

Solid win for Dortmund this evening beatin Gladbach 3-0. Werder off to a poor start losing 4-1 to Hertha. Bielefeld taking a point from Frankfurt on their first game back in the big time.#

2 games on TV tomorrow, Leipzig vs Mainz at 2.30, Wolfsburg vs Leverkusen at 5.

On 18/09/2020 at 20:10, Locky said:

Remember back in May when everyone got into the Bundesliga because it was all we had? Well I'm keeping that ball rolling and shamelessly starting my own thread to keep all you fine *******s clued up and interested in Fussball. 

Just under half an hour til the new season starts with my Schalke up against it tonight at European champions Bayern, in seek of their own 9IAR. Not confident at all about Schalke's season. Wagner has stayed on for another season to the dismay of many supporters, and a difficult summer of financial difficulty (sound familiar?) has led to some key players leaving. A bit of a shake up in the higher management structure though has saw a few new faces come in the door, although what they will bring to the table is a mystery. One of which is Vedad Ibisevic, a good striker who's been around in the Buli for years now, but is 36.

Of course for many, the hope is that Bayern are dethroned. Dortmund and Leipzig are of course the 2 who everyone would expect to run them, but RB have lost Werner and yet to really replace him, while Dortmund are still a pretty young squad, and not even the most optimistic Borussia fans seem convinced that Favre is the man to make Dortmund realise their ambitions.

Bielefeld and Stuttgart are back in the top flight at the expense of Dusseldorf and Paderborn, while eyes will be on Werder who narrowly avoided relegation via the play-offs last season.

So get the Bratwurst under the grill, get the Erdinger in the fridge, strap on your Lederhosen, and enjoy the campaign ahead. Pröst!

Just saw this a moment ago.

Good thread, tremendously well written and informative.    :2thumbsup:

15 hours ago, Morgan said:

Just saw this a moment ago.

Good thread, tremendously well written and informative.    :2thumbsup:

Cheers Morgs. :thumbsup:

If people here are genuinely interested, I'm more than happy to do what I can to keep people in the loop.

On 19/09/2020 at 08:01, Boris said:

Nice nod to the vidiprinter.

I remember the day on the vidiprinter being in my mate's house who was one of the vermin, as he jumped up and down as the teleprinter..... 

Dundee Utd 5 (five) v. 

Then

Heart of Midlothian 6 (six) 

Will never forget that Saturday, people who remember those days will understand. 

Different times.... 

Edited by Jamdub

Only took until matchday 2 for Dortmund to slip up. Credit to Augsburg though, tipped by many to go down this season but won their first 2. I think Mainz look like a stick on to go down.

Arminia Bielefeld 1-0 Koln

Augsburg 2-0 Borussia Dortmund

Bayer Leverkusen 1-0 Leipzig

Gladbach 1-1 Union

Mainz 1-4 Stuttgart

Schalke vs Bremen just underway. Bayern travel to Hoffenheim tomorrow and Freiburg play Wolfsburg too.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Only took until matchday 2 for Dortmund to slip up. Credit to Augsburg though, tipped by many to go down this season but won their first 2. I think Mainz look like a stick on to go down.

Gladbach 1-1 Union

Mainz 1-4 Stuttgart

Schalke vs Bremen just underway. Bayern travel to Hoffenheim tomorrow and Freiburg play Wolfsburg too.

Ooft - great result for VfB, particularly after their disappointing start last week! Hope they can stay up where they belong.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Gladbach 1-1 Union

Mainz 1-4 Stuttgart

Could be a bizarre trip to Germany next May if Schalke keep this form up. Hearts celebrating a league win whilst Schalke going down.

I feel Wagner will be gone fairly shortly to be honest. 

13 hours ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Could be a bizarre trip to Germany next May if Schalke keep this form up. Hearts celebrating a league win whilst Schalke going down.

I feel Wagner will be gone fairly shortly to be honest. 

Rumours this morning that he's been binned. He turned up at the Veltins an hour ago and left half an hour later. Quick meeting.

14 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Ooft - great result for VfB, particularly after their disappointing start last week! Hope they can stay up where they belong.

Were 1-0 down I'm sure too, but a good turn around. Stuttgart just another of many massive German clubs who need a bit of stability. The Bundesliga would actually be very competitive if clubs like Hertha, Schalke, Stuttgart, Werder and Hamburg could actually get their shit together. Especially with RB, Bayer, Wolfsburg etc.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Were 1-0 down I'm sure too, but a good turn around. Stuttgart just another of many massive German clubs who need a bit of stability. The Bundesliga would actually be very competitive if clubs like Hertha, Schalke, Stuttgart, Werder and Hamburg could actually get their shit together. Especially with RB, Bayer, Wolfsburg etc.

👍

I'm not overly surprised Wagner has got the chop, surprised he made it to the end of last season tbh. 

Will be interesting to see who comes in now. Hard job for whoever takes it.

Kramarić penalty makes it 4-1 to Hoffenheim. 

What a totally bizarre game, Bayern just haven't looked in the game at all. 

Kramarić has a chance to make it 5 and puts it wide. Full time, pumping.