Match Day - East Fife (Friendly)

Sertse

13 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

Spartans tomorrow, Falkirk mid-week (I think) and Partick on Saturday.

Falkirk on Tuesday 👍 The return of Haring 🤞 20 mins max 

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Footballfirst

• WDJ87

• Sertse

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Do we know if East Fife (fielded different XIs in each half) and Spartans will have tested their squads in the last seven days, given that Hearts abide by the testing regime. 

Unlikely. Talking to a Cowdenbeath player today. Still to have his first test. All they do is take temperature before every training session. 

17 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Do we know if East Fife (fielded different XIs in each half) and Spartans will have tested their squads in the last seven days, given that Hearts abide by the testing regime. 

26 minutes ago, PauloSergio said:

Anyone know who the trialist on the bench was? Odd that he didn’t get subbed on

He is a Young midfielder from the Ukraine apparently 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Boof said:

Thank you! Numpty me didn't think of looking there!

Numpty me was looking there and didn't see them . See them now though.

Gorgie Boot boy
6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The final two goals

Lovely in swinging ball and header. for Boycie

Halkett gets a fighting header and Chrissy bury's it.

jamboinglasgow
51 minutes ago, PauloSergio said:

Anyone know who the trialist on the bench was? Odd that he didn’t get subbed on

Seen on here that though he is referred to as Max, that his name is Maksym (no heard a surname yet.)

Probably on the bench just in case today, but will play properly tomorrow against Spartans.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

Gave up on Sky years ago, not interested in our game at all. Surprised they showed the goals, must be short on stories. Jeff Stelling and his "Roath Ravers" is good for a laugh tho

I was just going to see if the club had put all the goals up on Twitter, wasn’t expecting it to be on SSN. They really don’t give a **** 🙈

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Seen on here that though he is referred to as Max, that his name is Maksym (no heard a surname yet.)

Probably on the bench just in case today, but will play properly tomorrow against Spartans.

Power? 

496B2032-5DD9-442D-A925-CE28B4585E07.jpeg

B0948699-E105-42ED-A0E5-E481EA3DBDC6.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

Gorgie Boot boy
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was just going to see if the club had put all the goals up on Twitter, wasn’t expecting it to be on SSN. They really don’t give a **** 🙈

The goals are on the match thread. Oh i get what you're saying. Probably be highlights up. Waiting for them too.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Between his first and last names he is worth 43 points in scrabble. 🧮 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Between his first and last names he is worth 43 points in scrabble. 🧮 

Yup, Ukranian names are always good fun. Almost as good as Sri Lankan names which are as long as a normal sentence.

1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

I’m really puzzled now. Why name a trialist on the bench, then not bring them on in a friendly match you’re winning at a canter?

Nothing to worry about. He probably just won it in a competition or something. "Experience life as a professional footballer. 5 tickets a pound!" He wouldn't be expected to actually play.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Nothing to worry about. He probably just won it in a competition or something. "Experience life as a professional footballer. 5 tickets a pound!" He wouldn't be expected to actually play.

Second prize was a season ticket 😱🤬👿🙈🤪!!!!

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

He means you.

No doubt. But unfortunately I am not remotely devastated. In fact I can rarely have in over 55 years as a Hearts fan felt less devastated.

I know it's just a friendly and it's only East Fife, but I hope Andy Irving gets a proper crack at it this year. His range of passing is tremendous, always seem to be the perfect weight.

Gorgie Boot boy
15 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I know it's just a friendly and it's only East Fife, but I hope Andy Irving gets a proper crack at it this year. His range of passing is tremendous, always seem to be the perfect weight.

From the highlights Andy played well , with ease. Looked to me like he was controlling play nice passes and inventions with the eye on the ball

Some nice passing movements, particularly some lovely reverse passes and through balls. From the highlights it looks like the pitch has churned badly at parts. 

Edited by Fraggle

6 hours ago, Fraggle said:

Some nice passing movements, particularly some lovely reverse passes and through balls. From the highlights it looks like the pitch has churned badly at parts. 

Pitch has had about 6 months recovery time. Surely any problems must have been sorted in that time. If not what the heck is going on.

Not up against much and their keeper had a bit of a mare but pleasing to see us getting the ball into the box quickly, not being scared to shoot and there was some lovely passing on display.   Roberts looks like a good addition and plays with confidence and we've now got pace and creative options. I think we've shaken of the negativity from last season now but defence is what gives me the fear still.    Hopefully the new guy plus a.n.other will help.    Halkett nearly cost us a goal..... Really hoping he cuts out his mistakes and has a good season. He'll definately chip in with a few goals in the Championship though.  Beginning to feel excited and positive......strange feeling indeed!! 

8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

We must be seriously interested about this kid if were bringing him over, going through 2 weeks isolation, then a game against Spartans. Anybody know much about him? 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
14 minutes ago, Insideout said:

His name is Maksym Kucheiavyi. This is his 5th time over training with us.

Kooooooooooooccchhh

1 hour ago, Insideout said:

His name is Maksym Kucheiavyi. This is his 5th time over training with us.

I think you missed an "r" after the "e"

Great result and a brilliant comment in the Evening hobo, One of the most reassuring 

sights of the night though was seeing Gordon back in a hearts shirt, talking about 

Joel Pereira, Hearts have traded in a banger for a Bentley, 😀

Kidd’s Boots

Some strong  positive signs in those highlights, Frear and Roberts look like they have real quality about them. Goals from all areas, sharp passing and interplay, getting forward to press and it's looks like the system is taking shape. 

9 minutes ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

Some strong  positive signs in those highlights, Frear and Roberts look like they have real quality about them. Goals from all areas, sharp passing and interplay, getting forward to press and it's looks like the system is taking shape. 

Looked like the CBs got turned a couple of times and was that Halket that let it run under his foot? 

Kidd’s Boots
1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Looked like the CBs got turned a couple of times and was that Halket that let it run under his foot? 

They did indeed, but I can't see that being the starting pairing come October. It will be interesting to see who RN puts out today and where that leads him to next Saturday against Patrick. I think we'll be getting a look at the preferred line-ups for the Betfred Cup as of next Sat.