Geese

Horatio Caine

9 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I've seen quite a few of them arriving for their winter holidays.   A wee bit early this year?

That is early.  There are still plenty around here, packing their bags I assume.

6 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

That is early.  There are still plenty around here, packing their bags I assume.

Packing their bags :D

We get a helluva lot of Canada Geese around here. Queens Park  in Swindon is pretty much ruled by them, bar the odd Swan.

Was out fishing earlier and seen a Eurasian Wigeon. Had the same thoughts about them being early.

Trees are also hanging with berries. Auld wifies will tell you that means its going to be a bad winter. 

Салатные палочки

They seem to be flying a bit lower this year. Strange experience at night when you hear them but can't see them and then you see the dark V shape above you. 

15 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Was out fishing earlier and seen a Eurasian Wigeon. Had the same thoughts about them being early.

Trees are also hanging with berries. Auld wifies will tell you that means its going to be a bad winter. 

I noticed that with the berries a couple of weeks ago , long long winter ahead ☹️☹️

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Slow cooker, pulled like pork, fried in a wok then into Chinese pancakes with veg and a plum sauce.

Sounds like a plan.  There are far too many of them around here.  If they settle into a park, they quickly turn the park into an open sewer.

It's amazing how they can turn one pound of grass into two pounds of goose shit.  

17 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I noticed that with the berries a couple of weeks ago , long long winter ahead ☹️☹️

Rowans and Hawthorns up here are struggling with the weight of them. Pretty mental how many there are. 

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Rowans and Hawthorns up here are struggling with the weight of them. Pretty mental how many there are. 

Could get some Rowan or hawthorn berry gin or vodka on the go.

Edited by Boof

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

Sounds like a plan.  There are far too many of them around here.  If they settle into a park, they quickly turn the park into an open sewer.

It's amazing how they can turn one pound of grass into two pounds of goose shit.  

Sounds messy.  I once saw a  Grey Heron take a shit in mid-flight at a park, was like a spillage off  a milk-float.   I would advise taking an umbrella near such birds come rain or shine.  

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

Slow cooker, pulled like pork, fried in a wok then into Chinese pancakes with veg and a plum sauce.

Any good served cold on a roll?

12 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Sounds messy.  I once saw a  Grey Heron take a shit in mid-flight at a park, was like a spillage off  a milk-float.   I would advise taking an umbrella near such birds come rain or shine.  

Never walk under a heron’s nest. If they feel threatened by something under the nest they puke over the side to warn it off. Rotten fish puke should do the trick. 

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Feckin' vegans...   :muggy:

:whistling:   ;)

8 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Any good served cold on a roll?

😆 it is actually,  Canada Goose breast that's been roasted is beautiful on a roll with a bit of Horseradish sause, a bit like roast beef.

8 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Ruby murray intake.