Pro Youth Teams

Anything2

Random question, does anyone have kids or know kids who play at pro youth level? My mates daughter plays for Hibs and they pay nearly £40 per month in fees and have to buy all their own training kit etc. I assumed that the clubs covered all those things. Is that common or does it depend on the club? My kids play for the local team for £20 per month and get all their kit included. 

You would've been better putting this in the terrace.

£40 does seem excessive and I am shocked that they don't provide some sort of training kit.

Usually, and when I've coached teams in the past, the £20 or so monthly fee's are to cover things like pitch hire and referee fees. Any new kit that was purchased / required was either handed down from the age group above, or additional fundraising was required i.e. bag packing at Iceland or a race night with donated prizes etc. 

In terms of Pro Youth, I didn't think that players would pay any subs

Edited by jambo89

6 hours ago, jambo89 said:

You would've been better putting this in the terrace.

£40 does seem excessive and I am shocked that they don't provide some sort of training kit.

Usually, and when I've coached teams in the past, the £20 or so monthly fee's are to cover things like pitch hire and referee fees. Any new kit that was purchased / required was either handed down from the age group above, or additional fundraising was required i.e. bag packing at Iceland or a race night with donated prizes etc. 

In terms of Pro Youth, I didn't think that players would pay any subs

Thanks for the response. Yeah I was really surprised and made me wonder if the pro youth was being run as a side business rather than for player development.

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Anything2 said:

Thanks for the response. Yeah I was really surprised and made me wonder if the pro youth was being run as a side business rather than for player development.

Only experience was of Alloa and their pro youth setup, in fact their whole youth teams setups. Must make them a bloody fortune when you see how many kids are in the dildodrill on a saturday morning.