• Gorgie Boot boy

• Beast Boy

• iainmac

• Paolo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54062392

Clubs that will use the Pixellot system

Championship: Alloa Athletic, Arbroath, Ayr Utd, Dundee, Dunfermline, Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Morton, Queen of the South, Raith Rovers. (Hearts already have their own system in place)

League One: Airdrieonians, Clyde, Cove Rangers, Dumbarton, Forfar, Montrose, Partick Thistle, Peterhead. (East Fife and Falkirk already have their own system in place)

League Two: Albion Rovers, Annan Athletic, Brechin City, Elgin City, Stenhousemuir.

2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I use OBS.

It doesn't matter what you use. 

You've posted "picture quality" from the camera end,  which could bear absolutely no correlation with what viewers see on their screen. 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, iainmac said:

You've posted "picture quality" from the camera end,  which could bear absolutely no correlation with what viewers see on their screen. 

That is not my issue though, i can see the quality on the PC and laptop. 

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Look at it this way, whoever views this thread has an indication of the quality to expect on the device they are using.

3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Wind up,  surely? 

Mibbe it's me......... 

5 minutes ago, kila said:

Championship: Alloa Athletic, Arbroath, Ayr Utd, Dundee, Dunfermline, Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Morton, Queen of the South, Raith Rovers. (Hearts already have their own system in place)

League One: Airdrieonians, Clyde, Cove Rangers, Dumbarton, Forfar, Montrose, Partick Thistle, Peterhead. (East Fife and Falkirk already have their own system in place)

League Two: Albion Rovers, Annan Athletic, Brechin City, Elgin City, Stenhousemuir.

Overseas fan,  I have experienced other clubs websites for a better viewing experience, Raith rovers streams have always been spot on, zero to little buffering, no issues with Google Apis and always been smooth.

Hopefully the company from Livingston are in our rear view for the forseable future.

4 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I've had Hearts TV for 2 years and had no major issues with picture quality. 

Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Look at it this way, whoever views this thread has an indication of the quality to expect on the device they are using.

OK,  thanks for confirming your WUM credentials. 

You certainly had me going there for a minute. 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Pagey said:

I've had Hearts TV for 2 years and had no major issues with picture quality. 

I have had no issues either, then again we have barely had anything to watch on it, that was a whole debate in itself. Hearts TV have sorted out live streams. All i was showing was the quality to expect. I have no idea what it will be like when Live though. 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

My what ?

Ricardo Quaresma

Seen it

30fps garbage as usual

1080p 50/60 fps from Rugby Park was smooth & crystal clear

Live Hearts TV is 720p & stutters, breaks down & buffers

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
added more

Gorgie Boot boy
28 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Is this You.

Iain MacIain 4 days ago

High time to expand HTV to a live platform on pay per view with season ticket holders deemed to have paid already.

Would be good to know Hearts reasons for not going with the Pixellot system. They're under pressure to deliver something on par with that given the ST streaming nonsense, otherwise we're being shafted again.

Though if Hearts system is yet to be installed and used then hopefully it'll be better than what the usual stream is like.

Edited by kila

I think we are installing more cameras are we not? I assume it was the limited view angle that you weren’t very impressed with? Actual picture quality looks fine to me.

6 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Is this You.

Iain MacIain 4 days ago

High time to expand HTV to a live platform on pay per view with season ticket holders deemed to have paid already.

Close but no cigar. 

2 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

I think we are installing more cameras are we not? I assume it was the limited view angle that you weren’t very impressed with? Actual picture quality looks fine to me.

Looked decent enough to me, 

1 minute ago, kila said:

Read the third post again and see who is using it ;) 

Indeed. I seriously doubt we can’t afford a system that those clubs can. Also, the story about it on the website reads like we are using a new system that is better than what we had previously? Or was it just me that read it that way? 🤷‍♂️

Gorgie Boot boy
50 minutes ago, kila said:

I have been admiring Pixellot for the last 30 minutes, never heard of them till now . I have never watched a Hearts live TV match, so am looking forward to the games. Pixellot are way out there when it comes to qaulity. I agree that Hearts TV need to get onto it. Pixellot have a great depth to their product. Thank You.

4 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I have been admiring Pixellot for the last 30 minutes, never heard of them till now . I have never watched a Hearts live TV match, so am looking forward to the games. Pixellot are way out there when it comes to qaulity. I agree that Hearts TV need to get onto it. Pixellot have a great depth to their product. Thank You.

“We’re now in a position to confirm, however, that the club will make a substantial investment in the installation of a multi-camera set-up so fans can keep up with all the action on the pitch.“

Reads to me like we have spent a considerable amount of money on making sure we have a top quality system in place. Can’t see us investing a substantial sum of money on something that’s not as good as what Ayr United, Alloa and Arbroath can afford.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Beast Boy said:

“We’re now in a position to confirm, however, that the club will make a substantial investment in the installation of a multi-camera set-up so fans can keep up with all the action on the pitch.“

Reads to me like we have spent a considerable amount of money on making sure we have a top quality system in place. Can’t see us investing a substantial sum of money on something that’s not as good as what Ayr United, Alloa and Arbroath can afford.

I have no problem with the quality Hearts Tv broadcast, i had a look at Pixellot  website. There is a difference of quality. Hearts TV film the training sessions and the quality is excellent. Not sure what is going on but seems everything Hearts do is not good enough.

1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I have no problem with the quality Hearts Tv broadcast, i had a look at Pixellot  website. There is a difference of quality. Hearts TV film the training sessions and the quality is excellent. Not sure what is going on but seems everything Hearts do is not good enough.

We are getting new cameras installed though. At substantial cost. Do you think we would be spending a shit tonne of cash on our own system if it wasn’t going to be better than what Alloa can afford? Seems highly unlikely to me tbh.

1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

We are getting new cameras installed though. At substantial cost. Do you think we would be spending a shit tonne of cash on our own system if it wasn’t going to be better than what Alloa can afford? Seems highly unlikely to me tbh.

Dunno, is the system being installed by Ann Budge's brother? :whistling:

Gorgie Boot boy
5 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

No idea why you are asking me that, i have no problem with Hearts TV quality. Again i looked at Pixellot and thought that it is impressive. You inform me that Hearts are upgrading the technology. Happy days, thank you for the info.

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Dunno, is the system being installed by Ann Budge's brother? :whistling:

Touch paper lit ...............💥  :lol:

I’m kinda of the opposite opinion to others here. The infrastructure stuff and non-footballing ventures are all top notch these days. I’m expecting something pretty decent in all honesty.

Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

No idea why you are asking me that, i have no problem with Hearts TV quality. Again i looked at Pixellot and thought that it is impressive. You inform me that Hearts are upgrading the technology. Happy days, thank you for the info.

It was just a copy and paste from the news story about our streaming system on our website. No need to get defensive mate, I wasn’t having a pop. Tone doesn’t really convey very well in written word though. Doesn’t seem likely to me that we are investing substantial money in a system that is not as good as the one those teams use. 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

It was just a copy and paste from the news story about our streaming system on our website. No need to get defensive mate, I wasn’t having a pop. Tone doesn’t really convey very well in written word though. Doesn’t seem likely to me that we are investing substantial money in a system that is not as good as the one those teams use. 

You are correct , there is no issue here .  I agree with the need for the best quality as fans deserve it, i am all for the new Hearts TV. Who knows it may well be the god send i said it would be on other threads.

7 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

You are correct , there is no issue here .  I agree with the need for the best quality as fans deserve it, i am all for the new Hearts TV. Who knows it may well be the god send i said it would be on other threads.

Hope so. It could well be utter bobbins, but I’m only going by my interpretation of what I read. I’m just cockahoop that I’m going to get to watch Hearts again soon. :thumbsup:

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Beast Boy said:

Hope so. It could well be utter bobbins, but I’m only going by my interpretation of what I read. I’m just cockahoop that I’m going to get to watch Hearts again soon. :thumbsup:

How does the quality of Hearts TV look on your device ?. Thanks

5 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

How does the quality of Hearts TV look on your device ?. Thanks

Usually just use my ten inch screen from my tablet. The old system was never brilliant, but not enough to put me off using it. I am hoping it’ll be a bit better with the new cameras, otherwise why are we bothering? 🤷‍♂️

Of course it’s also possible we are just putting in more cameras that aren’t as good quality, but we’ll get to see that poor quality from lots of new angles. 😄

Edited by Beast Boy

Gorgie Boot boy
14 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Usually just use my ten inch screen from my tablet. The old system was never brilliant, but not enough to put me off using it. I am hoping it’ll be a bit better with the new cameras, otherwise why are we bothering? 🤷‍♂️

Of course it’s also possible we are just putting in more cameras that aren’t as good quality, but we’ll get to see that poor quality from lots of new angles. 😄

I  will watch it on the child's smart TV, That is if i manage to stay away from the ground. Some wine gums and buckfast .

Gorgie Boot boy
14 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

@Gorgie Boot boy apologies, I think I misunderstood some of your comments earlier. You must have wondered what I was on about. I must be tired! 😄

I misunderstand some of my comments, so that is alright . Get some sleep when you can be arsed mate.

Dennis Reynolds
2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I  will watch it on the child's smart TV, That is if i manage to stay away from the ground. Some wine gums and buckfast .

Breakfast of champions! 💪

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, LMc said:

Breakfast of champions! 💪

Only time i drink it is when Hearts are playing, need it sometimes to endure the painful experience. Unless you mean wine gums, well they are for champions right enough.

Pixellot is a bargain basement sports production tool. Commonly used in the US for school and amateur sport. It’s basically an unmanned advanced motion sensor system. Very clever tech but it’s not sports coverage as we know it compared to Sky/BBC.

Hearts have signed with QTV who are a full service broadcast and production company based in Scotland. They currently provide all of the non-live Premiership coverage for the SPFL (which is basically every match recorded in full as live, although broadcasters such as Sky/BBC then edit their own shortened version from this footage afterwards). That means pro cameras, proper sports lenses, multi angle replays, etc.

This is a significant investment from Hearts. 

23 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Pixellot is a bargain basement sports production tool. Commonly used in the US for school and amateur sport. It’s basically an unmanned advanced motion sensor system. Very clever tech but it’s not sports coverage as we know it compared to Sky/BBC.

Hearts have signed with QTV who are a full service broadcast and production company based in Scotland. They currently provide all of the non-live Premiership coverage for the SPFL (which is basically every match recorded in full as live, although broadcasters such as Sky/BBC then edit their own shortened version from this footage afterwards). That means pro cameras, proper sports lenses, multi angle replays, etc.

So if we were still in the Premiership they'd be putting the cameras in there anyway and all Hearts would need to do is to pay them for access? Is this investment from Hearts just for the Championship coverage?

Edited by kila

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, JamboGraham said:

Thank you for the information.

11 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Someone told me before on another thread, but how do you log in again, under your season ticket?

Will it not be the same as logging onto the Hearts ticket system - login is your ST number and then a password. Sure it’s the same for Hearts TV

Assuming that any for any new users you’ll need to register and create a password.

Just now, adam1998 said:

Will it not be the same as logging onto the Hearts ticket system - login is your ST number and then a password. Sure it’s the same for Hearts TV

Assuming that any for any new users you’ll need to register and create a password.

Might be.  Not sure though, as they are different websites.   I do think your customer reference plays a part. 

Thanks though.  I will try it. 

Hearts TV is:

Username

Password

You have to register with your address and email. Then you create a username and password.

I think the new system will be different though, and will require you to login using your customer reference number from your season ticket. That’s just a guess though.

MarkDevriesScores4

This thread must be a wind up. The new cameras haven’t even been set up yet and it depends on what you’re watching it on. Another JKB howler