Football Saturday.

Bull's-eye

50 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Can't wait. 

Beers, corn snacks, 5 mates and masks.

Bring on the Whistle.

****ing corn snacks? Get some proper potato crisps down your neck and soak up that beer. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

****ing corn snacks? Get some proper potato crisps down your neck and soak up that beer. 

I don't like soaking up the beer 😀

14 minutes ago, jonesy said:

You're trying too hard today, JiH. You've played a blinder over the last few weeks, but today the proverbial mask is slipping - not that your real mask ever would.

Anyway, one would assume you're too busy thrashing out your case with your lawyer in order to get a refund from HMFC for your non-existent season ticket to bother posting on here about masks. So do, kindly now, leave the Hearts fans to our own forum. 

👏👏👏

1 minute ago, JWL said:

Aye, about 10 of us in the pub this Saturday for a sesh. Coupons on, Soccer Saturday, Jeff's Bingo and beer. Sorted.

Get Heart's TV on a tablet or phone mate and don't forget the corn snacks.

2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Get Heart's TV on a tablet or phone mate and don't forget the corn snacks.

Plenty corn behind the bar and won't lose any sleep about missing the friendly.

28 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

On the piss with your mates watching the football. 

Living the stream.

Fixed that for you

Bit of topic but I've just seen a Celtic beauty on Sky Sport.  Some Celtic coach is talking to Lennon outside.  Lennon is wearing a mask.  So is the coach, but to make himself more clearly understood, he has slipped the mask off his nose and it is only covering his mouth.

😂😂😂😊😊❤❤❤❤❤

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

You're trying too hard today, JiH. You've played a blinder over the last few weeks, but today the proverbial mask is slipping - not that your real mask ever would.

Anyway, one would assume you're too busy thrashing out your case with your lawyer in order to get a refund from HMFC for your non-existent season ticket to bother posting on here about masks. So do, kindly now, leave the Hearts fans to our own forum. 

:biggrin:

3 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Can't wait. 

Beers, corn snacks, 5 mates and masks.

Bring on the Whistle.

I may have been on the moon but...what game is on Saturday???

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I may have been on the moon but...what game is on Saturday???

Hearts v. Thistle friendly. 

Simple pleasures. I’m looking forward to it too. Just need the real thing to start, and it’s happy days. Hope we have a friendly every weekend before the LC kicks off. Are the LC games included in the stream package? If not, what channel are they showing them on? 

2 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Simple pleasures. I’m looking forward to it too. Just need the real thing to start, and it’s happy days. Hope we have a friendly every weekend before the LC kicks off. Are the LC games included in the stream package? If not, what channel are they showing them on? 

the two home games are on Premier Sports 

Just now, cookieboy said:

the two home games are on Premier Sports 

Ah, bollocks. Wish they’d **** off. Need to download their app or something? Pissflaps to that. 🙄

7 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Good question, BT had it last year? Assume it will be Sky this year? Edit: Cannot stand Premier Sports! Be streaming these games instead!

Cannot wait, I know it is just a friendly but it's been so long!! Not usually a drinker but might just have a few dark fruits ready.

We should destroy them (not sure if PT have been training long let alone played a game yet)

Edited by WDJ87

Will Championship games be broadcast by regular channels, ie BBC Alba/Sky? 

Been assuming since our opening fixture v. Dundee was published that it would be moved for live tv. 

7 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Good question, BT had it last year? Assume it will be Sky this year? Edit: Cannot stand Premier Sports! Be streaming these games instead!

Cannot wait, I know it is just a friendly but it's been so long!! Not usually a drinker but might just have a few dark fruits ready.

We should destroy them (not sure if PT have been training long let alone played a game yet)

Yep. Premier Sports can f-off. Just another bloody layer of networks that we are expected to subscribe to or PPV to. Nah. 

I know it won’t go down well with everyone getting all up to ninety over the streaming thing, but I’m over the moon just to be able to watch Hearts again. Great that between the BBC and my season ticket, I’ll see almost every game. :) 

12 minutes ago, martoon said:

Been assuming since our opening fixture v. Dundee was published that it would be moved for live tv. 

None will be on Sky, they have the rights to Prem only. BBC have Championship rights, BBC Scotland channel will show games on a Friday night so I guess we will have some games televised live and Alba will maybe show games too, think they get some Irn Bru cup games but not sure if that will even be played this season. If no IB Cup then doubt champ games will be on Alba, they will show Prem games but not live...

Edited by WDJ87

11 minutes ago, martoon said:

Yes, think so. I expect a fair old whack of our away games will be on BBC. Combined with the season ticket stream, at least we’ll get plenty games to watch.

Edited by Beast Boy

6 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Yep. Premier Sports can f-off. Just another bloody layer of networks that we are expected to subscribe to or PPV to. Nah. 

I know it won’t go down well with everyone getting all up to ninety over the streaming thing, but I’m over the moon just to be able to watch Hearts again. Great that between the BBC and my season ticket, I’ll see almost every game. :) 

With you there! Kinda knew what I was paying for when buying the ST's and that was basically a donation. Hopefully the BBC games will be away ties so I don't have to give money to clubs that demoted us 🤞

20 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Ah, bollocks. Wish they’d **** off. Need to download their app or something? Pissflaps to that. 🙄

I agree mate. Bollocks. my 74 year old uncle has Premier Sports  though as he just wants to watch fitba, Unfortunately we are in lanarkshire and in local restrictions 

3 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Yes, think so. I expect a fair old whack of our away games will be on BBC. Combined with the season ticket stream, at least we’ll get plenty games to watch.

Not going for a refund on the season ticket then ?

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Not going for a refund on the season ticket then ?

That will be the day I shit all over my tracksuit. 👍

2 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

I agree mate. Bollocks. my 74 year old uncle has Premier Sports  though as he just wants to watch fitba, Unfortunately we are in lanarkshire and in local restrictions 

Ah, nippy. Could he maybe stream it to you over Discord or something? 

4 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

My parents are in South Lanarkshire and my Gran (up from England) arrived about 1 hour before the local lockdown was announced. So frustrating not being able to visit :( You cannot go into his house but you could watch through the window? 😅 Hopefully the local restriction will be over before the BF Cup starts...

2 hours ago, WDJ87 said:

None will be on Sky, they have the rights to Prem only. BBC have Championship rights, BBC Scotland channel will show games on a Friday night so I guess we will have some games televised live and Alba will maybe show games too, think they get some Irn Bru cup games but not sure if that will even be played this season. If no IB Cup then doubt champ games will be on Alba, they will show Prem games but not live...

2 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Cheers, lads. 

Home games covered and, hopefully, most of our aways. Quite like the sound of Friday night games. 

So anyone gonna have a crack at the team selection?

Gordon

Smith  Halkett  Hamilton  White

Lee      Irving

Gino          Walker         Roberts

Boyce

Those would be my picks.

Edited by WDJ87

42 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

So anyone gonna have a crack at the team selection?

Gordon

Smith  Halkett  Hamilton  White

Lee      Irving

Gino          Walker         Roberts

Boyce

Those would be my picks.

If that's the team in championship it would worry me.

34 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That was certainly what it seemed to be. 

Didn’t someone say were playing Spartans this Saturday? 

What I want to know is, what kind of corn snacks go with a nice Merlot? I know pickled onion monster munch is a big no-no with certain vintages, but then again fried onion rings go quite well with a cheeky Sauvignon! Oh , decisions decisions. That Dickens fan has got me in a quandary 🤔

42 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

What I want to know is, what kind of corn snacks go with a nice Merlot? I know pickled onion monster munch is a big no-no with certain vintages, but then again fried onion rings go quite well with a cheeky Sauvignon! Oh , decisions decisions. That Dickens fan has got me in a quandary 🤔

A litre bottle of very quaffable Verdejo is only €1.67 here, albeit in the cooking section. This value for money gives the chance to splash out a bit on the solids so I go for a chorizo sausage and marmite crisps. Mmmmmm.

The amount of liquids required to dislodge a monster munch or a wotsit from the pallet guarantee a very short afternoon. Siesta by tea time.

Edited by TypoonJambo

13 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

A litre bottle of very quaffable Verdejo is only €1.67 here, albeit in the cooking section. This value for money gives the chance to splash out a bit on the solids so I go for a chorizo sausage and marmite crisps. Mmmmmm.

The amount of liquids required to dislodge a monster munch or a wotsit from the pallet guarantee a very short afternoon. Siesta by tea time.

Explains my sleep to quaffing ratio, many thanks 😁