All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

8 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

My understanding is Hearts have said you will get 18 games and be at the games for your season ticket regardless of what league we are in. 

I think they've not thought that through and as time went on, court case etc it became clear that logistically that's a nightmare. They've now offered what every other team are offering which is understandable but they have mis-sold the season tickets I'm my opinion. 

If they had said that it may be the case games are potentially streamed then fair enough, they didn't and saying "did folk actually expect to not miss some games" doesn't cut it. Its not the product that was sokd. The reason they guaranteed 18 games was they knew it was potentially 14 if we lost the court case but still wanted to charge top league prices with no big games. 

PR wise its a shocker and any business other than Hearts would get panned for it. 

I agree with all of that except the reason they did it. When they made the pledge on 6 May they didn't know the Championship would be playing a 27 game season. That decision came almost two months later. They did know there was a lot of uncertainty about the new season. The 19/20 season had just finished without the full complement of games and it may have been more about trying to reassure people they wouldn't get stung if that happened again - a scenario Hearts possibly thought was unlikely and so were happy to make the 'guarantee'. It was also made at exactly the same time the press were reporting that the entire EPL 2020/21 season could be played behind closed doors. You are right that the uncertainty of which league Hearts would be in put Hearts in a harder position, but that was because they wanted to sell tickets at Premiership prices, the knowledge that playing in the Championship would also mean playing fewer games came later.

Maybe it was desperation around the potential of being in the Championship. Maybe it was a belief that supporters wouldn't buy without that guarantee and like the cuts to players wages they thought they were being clever and getting in first but that others would inevitably follow (right about player wages, wrong about season tickets). Who knows. Either way it was a bad business decision to make the guarantee. That has now been compounded by the bad PR handling in reversing the decision.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

Holyrood_Hearts

I’ve not read all the thread, but can those backing the club explain if Streaming was the only way we’d see home games within Tynecastle from our house, why did the club not adjust their pricing? How does that effect the pricing for non ST holders/Away fans? 

It’s awfy looking like the club tried to fast one on the supports & been caught out badly 

29 minutes ago, blairdin said:

This thread is embarrassing. 

The clubs communication and public relations have been shocking, short sighted, ignorant. No arguments from me on that one. 

I'm sure when season tickets were being punted in Spring the club didn't envisage a scenario with no/very few fans in grounds for most of the coming season. It's looking more and more like that'll be the case. We are where we are. 

We're in the middle of a global pandemic, businesses everywhere are making it up as they go along, Hearts are no different. I'm more than happy to take Hearts TV coverage of home games as towards my 18 season ticket matches at Tynecastle. My wife, a season ticket holder at Pittodrie, is getting a comparable deal with Aberdeen TV coverage of home league matches. Ditto Hibs fans. I'd wager season ticket holders of most clubs are.

I'll say again, the marketing, comms and PR we've seen from Hearts since summer 2019 has been catastrophic. But given the way the pandemic has progressed, and the general direction of travel as far as the Covid19 world goes, what did people expect that won't financially cripple the team we all fought to save?

Well said

7 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’ve got the same scenario with my 3 corporate ones at £1400 each. Almost £4,200 to watch it from the comfort of my couch on an iPad. They didn’t tell me this when I renewed despite me asking numerous times 

What did they say when you asked?

The Only Hearts philosophy didn’t last long!

When I bought my season ticket I fully expected not to attend any game in person. I was more than happy that if - as looked likely - COVID prevented personal attendance then live streaming was the next best option. I am more than happy to accept a live stream as a match off my season ticket. How else am I supposed to see a game? The club has had to invest a substantial amount on a multi camera set up for live streaming, who was meant to pay for that?

The circumstances are not ideal, but those moaning about missing out on actually attending games need a serious reality check.  

Pretty disappointed with the attitude of some on here. 

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

FOH  will be more engaged when the transfer is complete, right now they are merely watching and learning.After that period and into a new Era they will have little power anyway.

The transfer should have been completed at least three months ago in line with the terms of the FoH Bidco agreement we approved by vote years ago. After that is eventually done FoH will have the power to do whatever it wants. Which given FOH's performance to date is not in fact all that encouraging

9 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’ve got the same scenario with my 3 corporate ones at £1400 each. Almost £4,200 to watch it from the comfort of my couch on an iPad. They didn’t tell me this when I renewed despite me asking numerous times 

With all due respect mate what the feck did you actually think was going to happen? You’ve been more than supportive throughout these unprecedented times, don’t start greeting about unavoidable circumstances now FFS.

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

When I bought my season ticket I fully expected not to attend any game in person. I was more than happy that if - as looked likely - COVID prevented personal attendance then live streaming was the next best option. I am more than happy to accept a live stream as a match off my season ticket. How else am I supposed to see a game? The club has had to invest a substantial amount on a multi camera set up for live streaming, who was meant to pay for that?

The circumstances are not ideal, but those moaning about missing out on actually attending games need a serious reality check.  

Same folk who will be moaning that we aren't attracting players like Messi to the club.  Not sure what people want, to pay even more just to watch the games on the streams and then cash in their season ticket games in 12 months? 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

What did they say when you asked?

I asked all the questions regarding what happens if we don’t get in and about hearts tv. the answer given was, I’ll try and find out for you.

Was told ST holders get it ‘free’ as part of the package. At £100 per game then a live stream counts as one game watched. I feel there’s been a bit of wool pulling down over the eyes. Would’ve just bought 3 normal ST’s if that was the case 

13 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

And I thought what I’d paid for my ST’s was expensive 😱

Your purchase (and there will be others like you) show how little thought about this has been done . I’ll probably end up paying my daughter to set it up such is my lack of IT skills . 

Messaging was clumsy by the club and should have been identified on advance  but it's a rock and a hard place situation, I don't think it's cynical attempt to con fans and  they cant write off ticket sales for all future games indefinitely.

I had no illusions I would see all the games in person, that said there should be an acknowledgement that a live internet stream is not a like for like substitute for a match ticket hoping this wont be the last we hear on this ..

1 minute ago, Jambo92 said:

Same folk who will be moaning that we aren't attracting players like Messi to the club.  Not sure what people want, to pay even more just to watch the games on the streams and then cash in their season ticket games in 12 months? 

I am fecking furious reading some of the shite on this thread. Reading loads of posts from posters who were advocating the Only Hearts philosophy, only to now be moaning their tits off as it might cost them some money. I’m actually embarrassed by this thread.

Gorgie Boot boy
8 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The transfer should have been completed at least three months ago in line with the terms of the FoH Bidco agreement we approved by vote years ago. After that is eventually done FoH will have the power to do whatever it wants. Which given FOH's performance to date is not in fact all that encouraging

Covid 19 strikes again. Anne said that she was not for handing over the club in a bad state of affairs .Or .words to that effect

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

Dennis Reynolds
8 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

With all due respect mate what the feck did you actually think was going to happen? You’ve been more than supportive throughout these unprecedented times, don’t start greeting about unavoidable circumstances now FFS.

So why were hearts selling them if it was an unavoidable circumstance?

4 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I asked all the questions regarding what happens if we don’t get in and about hearts tv. the answer given was, I’ll try and find out for you.

Was told ST holders get it ‘free’ as part of the package. At £100 per game then a live stream counts as one game watched. I feel there’s been a bit of wool pulling down over the eyes. Would’ve just bought 3 normal ST’s if that was the case 

I’ll ask again. What did you think was going to happen? I’d rather not fall out but FFS did you honestly think COVID was just going to disappear and you’d be swanning about it corporate hospitality? 

I think I i you know as well as I do that the club won’t treat someone who has paid £1400 for a season ticket the same as a normal season ticket holder. Maybe worth holding off in the criticism until you contact the club and find out how they intend to deal with you. 

9 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

They might not have wanted that to happen, but it is effectively what the club told them was going to happen. They didn't tell us payment for streaming of games behind closed doors would work, but they did tell us that games that we weren't able to get too would be provided as credits for the next season. What you're criticising people for is believing what the club told them.

10 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You seem to love to have a go at other supporters, but criticising someone who put over £4k into the club in season ticket money into the club is low even by your standards.

1 minute ago, LMc said:

So why were hearts selling them if it was an unavoidable circumstance?

Why was any club selling season tickets? To survive maybe? Are people really so fecking stupid as to ask that question (you are obviously).

16 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

This. Great post. 

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Why was any club selling season tickets? To survive maybe? Are people really so fecking stupid as to ask that question (you are obviously).

No. Why were the club selling corporate season tickets if they knew fans wouldn't be in the stadium? As you so succinctly put.

Idiot.

Gorgie Boot boy

I’ll ask again. What did you think was going to happen? I’d rather not fall out but FFS did you honestly think COVID was just going to disappear and you’d be swanning about it corporate hospitality? 

I think I i you know as well as I do that the club won’t treat someone who has paid £1400 for a season ticket the same as a normal season ticket holder. Maybe worth holding off in the criticism until you contact the club and find out how they intend to deal with you. 

Who would have the brass neck to pull a stunt like though, actually go into the club and demand answers. Not during these times surely. Maybe do it on the phone or line right enough. That is a beamer.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, LMc said:

No. Why were the club selling corporate season tickets if they knew fans wouldn't be in the stadium? As you so succinctly put.

Idiot.

Why were fans buying them is the bigger picture.

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Why were fans buying them is the bigger picture.

Right. 

So Hearts put on sale £1400 corporate season tickets, that are priced extra for the match day experience, in the full knowledge that fans wouldn't be at the stadium and its the buyers fault?

Cool.

51 minutes ago, blairdin said:

This thread is embarrassing. 

The clubs communication and public relations have been shocking, short sighted, ignorant. No arguments from me on that one. 

I'm sure when season tickets were being punted in Spring the club didn't envisage a scenario with no/very few fans in grounds for most of the coming season. It's looking more and more like that'll be the case. We are where we are. 

We're in the middle of a global pandemic, businesses everywhere are making it up as they go along, Hearts are no different. I'm more than happy to take Hearts TV coverage of home games as towards my 18 season ticket matches at Tynecastle. My wife, a season ticket holder at Pittodrie, is getting a comparable deal with Aberdeen TV coverage of home league matches. Ditto Hibs fans. I'd wager season ticket holders of most clubs are.

I'll say again, the marketing, comms and PR we've seen from Hearts since summer 2019 has been catastrophic. But given the way the pandemic has progressed, and the general direction of travel as far as the Covid19 world goes, what did people expect that won't financially cripple the team we all fought to save?

I expect the club to be up front and straightforward with the fans,  not releasing an ambiguous statement on Twitter then shutting up shop for the day. 

Not TOO much to ask,  is it? 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, LMc said:

Right. 

So Hearts put on sale £1400 corporate season tickets, that are priced extra for the match day experience, in the full knowledge that fans wouldn't be at the stadium and its the buyers fault?

Cool.

Yes it is, did the buyer not realize at point of trade that the whole planet was in danger of being fully locked down again in the near future ?

Just now, Saint Jambo said:

You seem to love to have a go at other supporters, but criticising someone who put over £4k into the club in season ticket money into the club is low even by your standards.

I asked the guy a simple question. The same question I’d ask of you, and anybody else for that matter. What the feck did you think was going to happen if - as seemed likely - the issues with COVID continued? You didn’t have to be a brain surgeon to work out that the likelihood of attending a game in person was very, very, slim. To then turn round (and this is not directed at @Saughton Jambo in particular) and moan about it is pretty naive at best.

I bought three season tickets and given the circumstances it really doesn’t bother me if the majority of the 18 games are watched in the house. 

No point the fans holding a gun to the clubs head over this .... how do the fans expect the club to survive if they were to get 18 games without paying more in 21/22 ??

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, iainmac said:

I expect the club to be up front and straightforward with the fans,  not releasing an ambiguous statement on Twitter then shutting up shop for the day. 

Not TOO much to ask,  is it? 

Was a random Twitter account Not the official one.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You seem confused. You’re banging on about Only Hearts here. Yet move threads and you’re having a pop at people for complaining about the way we loaned Bobby to St Mirren. Basically, you’ll bend over and take the Budge length whatever the issue at hand.

For what it‘s worth, I’m having to take streamed games in return for season ticket money. I always thought that would happen. But if people think Hearts have been underhand with this then they’re entitled to complain about it.

And let’s face it, the board at Hearts have very little respect for the money we all put in.

Francis Albert
17 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Covid 19 strikes again. Anne said that she was not for handing over the club in a bad state of affairs .Or .words to that effect

So after after over 7 years she doesn't want to "hand over" (we have paid for it FFS!) the club she has been running for all that time in a "bad state of affairs"?

Edited by Francis Albert

4 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I bought three season tickets and given the circumstances it really doesn’t bother me if the majority of the 18 games are watched in the house. 

No point the fans holding a gun to the clubs head over this .... how do the fans expect the club to survive if they were to get 18 games without paying more in 21/22 ??

If fans shouldn't have expected it, why did the club offer it?

6 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Who would have the brass neck to pull a stunt like though, actually go into the club and demand answers. Not during these times surely. Maybe do it on the phone or line right enough. That is a beamer.

Who said go into the club? Who said demand answers? Maybe a better idea to speak to the club than moan about it in a fans forum? 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Francis Albert said:

So after after over 7 years she doesn't want to "hand over" (we have paid for it FFS!) The club in a bad state of affairs?

Covid 19 is what is stopping the hand over.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

They’ve survive with the help of us piling in more and more cash through pledges, all for Ann to piss up the wall again.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Who said go into the club? Who said demand answers? Maybe a better idea to speak to the club than moan about it in a fans forum? 

My post was not aimed at you, i simply used your post and backed it up with mine.

I asked the guy a simple question. The same question I’d ask of you, and anybody else for that matter. What the feck did you think was going to happen if - as seemed likely - the issues with COVID continued? You didn’t have to be a brain surgeon to work out that the likelihood of attending a game in person was very, very, slim. To then turn round (and this is not directed at @Saughton Jambo in particular) and moan about it is pretty naive at best.

That's not what people are "moaning" about though. Everyone is aware that fans may not be allowed back into stadiums for some time. It's that the club guaranteed 18 games at Tynecastle, as a safety net to encourage fans to buy.  That has now been flipped to watching 18 games on an online stream so a bit different. 

It is pretty underhand and a kick in the teeth to a loyal and generous fan base. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Paulp74 said:

That's not what people are "moaning" about though. Everyone is aware that fans may not be allowed back into stadiums for some time. It's that the club guaranteed 18 games at Tynecastle, as a safety net to encourage fans to buy.  That has now been flipped to watching 18 games on an online stream so a bit different. 

It is pretty underhand and a kick in the teeth to a loyal and generous fan base. 

But entirely what you’d expect of this Hearts regime

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You seem confused. You’re banging on about Only Hearts here. Yet move threads and you’re having a pop at people for complaining about the way we loaned Bobby to St Mirren. Basically, you’ll bend over and take the Budge length whatever the issue at hand.

For what it‘s worth, I’m having to take streamed games in return for season ticket money. I always thought that would happen. But if people think Hearts have been underhand with this then they’re entitled to complain about it.

And let’s face it, the board at Hearts have very little respect for the money we all put in.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

The lockdown restrictions have not been kind to you. You’ve turned into a right moaning fecker. While I am trying to support the club - financially or otherwise - all you seem to be interested in is having a go at the board, and AB in particular. I am no great fan of AB but I will fight for Hearts til my last breath. 

As for the Zlamal loan. He’s managed to be on the losing side again. Another loss against Dundee Utd and St Midden will soon be in the bottom two. Agent Bobby is doing just fine. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

The lockdown restrictions have not been kind to you. You’ve turned into a right moaning fecker. While I am trying to support the club - financially or otherwise - all you seem to be interested in is having a go at the board, and AB in particular. I am no great fan of AB but I will fight for Hearts til my last breath. 

As for the Zlamal loan. He’s managed to be on the losing side again. Another loss against Dundee Utd and St Midden will soon be in the bottom two. Agent Bobby is doing just fine. 

Tell you what, I’ve been moaning about Budge for a lot longer than the lockdown 

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Many of us and I suspect the vast majority of us would have been happy to pay more in 21/22.. But we haven't  been given  that option. Instead we have been shafted in 20/21.

Speaking as someone who personally is happy enough ... But still resents being treated like a door mat.

Edited by Francis Albert

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Paulp74 said:

A lot of fans are stuck between a rock and hard place type situation on this. None of it is intentional, Hearts may well be looking into restructuring or rewards refunds. At this stage in the saga it is hard to read the way people are reacting . Covid 19 RESTRICTIONS.

5 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Demand is putting words in ones mouth. Asking questions is a different scenario altogether. 

10 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Thats a new low even for you. Don’t think I’ve ever ‘swanned about’ in any lounge as you describe it,  but the way I see it, I try to do what I can to help the club.

I’m happy to give donations to our club and have done over a number of years. Criticising the club, as you put it,  is not about the money but more of the clandestine way this has unfolded. 

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Tell you what, I’ve been moaning about Budge for a lot longer than the lockdown 

Apologies. Before lockdown you were a moaning fecker, now you’re a boring moaning fecker.

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Apologies. Before lockdown you were a moaning fecker, now you’re a boring moaning fecker.

3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Demand is putting words in ones mouth. Asking questions is a different scenario altogether. 

Thats a new low even for you. Don’t think I’ve ever ‘swanned about’ in any lounge as you describe it,  but the way I see it, I try to do what I can to help the club.

I’m happy to give donations to our club and have done over a number of years. Criticising the club, as you put it,  is not about the money but more of the clandestine way this has unfolded. 

Nothing wrong with swanning about, it is the nesters i watch out for.

1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Don’t give me the “new low” pish. We exchanged plenty of pm’s during the court case/arbitration process and I was more than supportive of you when folk were having a go at you about your “get the champagne in ice” moments. You are undoubtedly supportive of the club but to think for a minute that it was likely that we’d be at games at Tynecastle was a non starter. 

13 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I sort of expected Hearts to do what they said they were going to do and provide credits in season 2021/22 for games that supporters weren't able to do in 2020/21. Why did I expect that? Because they made a big song and dance about it, telling me it was their "guarantee".

My only doubt was that when it was announced I looked at the business model and thought that it was really delaying financial pain and would significantly impact on revenue in 2021/22. As it stands the pledge still looks potentially really economically damaging, resulting in a possible 20%+ reduction in season ticket income for next season.

If they weren't going to do that, I expected them to be up front that they were now breaking their guarantee, explain why they were breaking their guarantee, acknowledge that we would have every right to a refund but ask us to yet again be the amazing supporters we are, pour more money into the club for little return and accept streamed games in lieu of tickets to attend games.

The club made a commercial blunder in making the guarantee in the first place. We know they did because they've had to scrap the guarantee just 4 and a half months later. They then compounded that mistake today with a communications blunder. We know they made a communications blunder because lots of their customers are visibly unhappy.

The club made two clear mistakes. You are blaming the loyal supporters for being unhappy they made these mistakes. Can you find it within yourself to even begin to admit the club made mistakes and they are responsible for making those mistakes? I'm going to guess no. Prove me wrong.

14 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Why don't you speak to the club if you have a complaint and that goes for all the complainants.

Jambos Kickback

Dazo

2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I sort of expected Hearts to do what they said they were going to do and provide credits in season 2021/22 for games that supporters weren't able to do in 2020/21. Why did I expect that? Because they made a big song and dance about it, telling me it was their "guarantee".

My only doubt was that when it was announced I looked at the business model and thought that it was really delaying financial pain and would significantly impact on revenue in 2021/22. As it stands the pledge still looks potentially really economically damaging, resulting in a possible 20%+ reduction in season ticket income for next season.

If they weren't going to do that, I expected them to be up front that they were now breaking their guarantee, explain why they were breaking their guarantee, acknowledge that we would have every right to a refund but ask us to yet again be the amazing supporters we are, pour more money into the club for little return and accept streamed games in lieu of tickets to attend games.

The club made a commercial blunder in making the guarantee in the first place. We know they did because they've had to scrap the guarantee just 4 and a half months later. They then compounded that mistake today with a communications blunder. We know they made a communications blunder because lots of their customers are visibly unhappy.

The club made two clear mistakes. You are blaming the loyal supporters for being unhappy they made these mistakes. Can you find it within yourself to even begin to admit the club made mistakes and they are responsible for making those mistakes? I'm going to guess no. Prove me wrong.

You’re wrong.The club have made mistakes. Personally I have enough about me to email the club and articulate that though. It seems others just want to moan their tits off on a fans forum. The good news for them is they might get a wee quote when Banderson runs the “Hearts fans furious at club season ticket betrayal” story tomorrow 👍 Loads of people will be happy with that headline.

4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Bang on again.

I also thought the guarantee was a bit too good to be true but it was pretty clear they meant attending games at Tynecastle.

Rather than publicly row back on the change of tack,  they've thus far tried to brazen it out.

Most supporters would have accepted this in order to avoid serious financial issues at the club but by not acknowledging the guarantee sleight of hand, they've made this a potentially costlier affair for them.