All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

Hearts chose how to word the Season Ticket Guarantee and were deliberately vague in their wording. I didn't buy a season ticket so I could get a cheaper one next year but they've not been entirely transparent with the supporters.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

FFS. Look at the website. It clearly states any games not able to be attended will be honoured next season. Oddly it doesn’t mention free streaming this season so look at it as a bonus. 
Or alternatively pretend this is the face mask thread and troll the living **** out of it. 

But games not able to be attended aren't being honoured next season.

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

Exactly mate 

well said 

yet still some on here will accuse us of not being Hearts fans because we dare criticise the club.

Nah, you get a lot more accusations than that.....🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

14 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Well, I renewed my ST a few months ago, not knowing when I would be able to take my seat, but I knew the club needed to get ST money in.  I'm personally happy with the arrangement to stream the games - not the same as being there I know but still able to watch Hearts.  As others have said, other clubs are doing it up and down the country, so delighted we are doing the same.

The moaning minnies on here is only to be expected.  No doubt our Hamilton friend is disappointed because he won't be able to spy on other supporters and report them to the club.  Must remember to wear my mask whilst viewing.

'moaning minnies' - christ the state of some folk on here. People getting paid off left, right and centre, the economy in the toilet and people get abuse for pointing out that they object to getting conned by a club they support and losing money they can ill afford to lose?  Have a word with yourself.

Just now, hughesie27 said:

But games not able to be attended aren't being honoured next season.

If season 20/21 cannot offer supporters access to a full complement of 18 home games then fans who renew their season ticket for the following season will be credited with the value of the outstanding number of matches for season 21/22. Those who chose not to renew their season ticket will be offered the relevant number of match tickets for season 21/22. These tickets will be subject to availability.”

Dennis Reynolds

The issue isn't about not being able to go to games this season, it's the fact that fans were guaranteed 18 home games when buying season tickets. That's how Hearts sold it..

Fine. We can't get to games this season, fair enough. Not Hearts fault. But don't market a product and then change it. 

People might be happy enough saying they knew it was just a donation to Hearts this season but Hearts aren't a charity. We plough in millions through FoH for that. 

I bought season tickets to attend games and feel robbed now. 

What happens if Sky pick up any of our games? 

5 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

international subscribers pay £12.99 for access whilst ST holders are effectively being charged £25 for 14 games on tv with 4 being carried over if you renew 2021/22.  Like others have said I am not fussed about refunds etc but not too sure I am happy at the rephrasing and attempt to make it sound like a good deal to the nearly 12k ST holders we have.

I would have been happier with some kind of rollover idea - no fans at games this season but your 2020/21 ST counts towards 2021/22 but in order to keep cash flows in order you'd renew as normal next May effectively buying a ST for 2022/23 in May 2021.  Does that make sense?

Not really. 😄

1 minute ago, HighTimes said:

'moaning minnies' - christ the state of some folk on here. People getting paid off left, right and centre, the economy in the toilet and people get abuse for pointing out that they object to getting conned by a club they support and losing money they can ill afford to lose?  Have a word with yourself.

Well said. 

1 minute ago, LMc said:

The issue isn't about not being able to go to games this season, it's the fact that fans were guaranteed 18 home games when buying season tickets. That's how Hearts sold it..

Fine. We can't get to games this season, fair enough. Not Hearts fault. But don't market a product and then change it. 

People might be happy enough saying they knew it was just a donation to Hearts this season but Hearts aren't a charity. We plough in millions through FoH for that. 

I bought season tickets to attend games and feel robbed now. 

What happens if Sky pick up any of our games? 

Sky is unlikely, BBC probably. 

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

If season 20/21 cannot offer supporters access to a full complement of 18 home games then fans who renew their season ticket for the following season will be credited with the value of the outstanding number of matches for season 21/22. Those who chose not to renew their season ticket will be offered the relevant number of match tickets for season 21/22. These tickets will be subject to availability.”

Not sure if you are missing the entire discussion of the thread or are failing to see your own contradiction.

You said the website clearly states that games which are not attendable will be rewareded next season. That isn't the case, up ton14 of this seasons games may be unattendable, but will be honoured thisnseason, in the form of a stream.

Hearts use the word access. 

Edited by hughesie27

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I could well be reading that wrong, but is that not saying games that you get to stream will count towards the 18 game guarantee?  Certainly not how it was framed when selling ST's.  Don't get me wrong, I am not fussed about refunds for unattended games, but a lot of people will be and that's how it was put forward initially.

Good that we have streaming available though.

That is how I read it, and for me that is very sneaky.   

Watching on a computer screen is not the same as live from Tynecastle, and if Hearts are counting this towards the guarantee, I will be slightly annoyed. 

As someone has said, it is an expensive TV subscription, and more expensive than Hearts International.  

Edited by Paolo

If Hearts don't clarify this and it is indeed counting towards the 18 games I'll be asking for a refund for 3 of the 4 season tickets I ended up buying this year. 3 renewed and 1 new.  Not paying for 4 season tickets to get 1 stream in the house. Folk can criticise me if they like but **** that. Given the club enough donations over the years however in times like this every penny is a prisoner and this could potentially be an utter shafting. **** that. 

ginger jambo98
Just now, hughesie27 said:

Not sure if you are missing the entire discussion of the thread or are failing to see your own contradiction.

You said the website clearly states that games which are not attendance will be rewareded next season. That isn't the case, up ton14 of this seasons games may be unattendable, but will be honoured thisnseason, in the form of a stream.

If you don’t access the game, does it get carried forward to next season. Thinking about guys without good quality PCs or iPads.

And he’s not praying!
6 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Exactly this. **** that for a laugh I'm not donating over £1000 to sit and watch the games on a laptop. 

Sorry to break it to you but you are.

9 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

It’s hearts fault they have miss sold tickets 

Its Hearts fault they could not read the mind of the goverment or undestand a pandemic.

Maybe just maybe they thought people would realise what is going on in the world and accept that fact that fans cant get back into the stadiums. You make it sound like its localised to Hearts as far as I am aware its the current model being used in the premier league( streaming live games) Did you think Hearts were just going to ignore the goverment break the law and endanger our fanbase

Maybe thier fans a had more time to get used to this it could be that.

4 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

Correct.  Despite uncertainty, we have continued to pile money into the club, through season tickets, FoH and merchandise, to be called a moaning Minnie because we feel misled, and annoyed as a result, is quite insulting. 

1 minute ago, Paolo said:

That is how I read it, and for me that is very sneaky.   

Watching on a computer screen is not the same as love from Tynecastle, and if Hearts are counting this towards the guarantee, I will be slightly annoyed. 

As someone has said, it is an expensive TV subscription, and more expensive than Hearts International.  

Hearts International isn’t available legally in the UK so not strictly a fair comparison. 

Just now, ginger jambo98 said:

If you don’t access the game, does it get carried forward to next season. Thinking about guys without good quality PCs or iPads.

Obviously not. But there will be some out there who fall into this category. The elderly for example.

2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

If Hearts don't clarify this and it is indeed counting towards the 18 games I'll be asking for a refund for 3 of the 4 season tickets I ended up buying this year. 3 renewed and 1 new.  Not paying for 4 season tickets to get 1 stream in the house. Folk can criticise me if they like but **** that. Given the club enough donations over the years however in times like this every penny is a prisoner and this could potentially be an utter shafting. **** that. 

I think you are right. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Hearts International isn’t available legally in the UK so not strictly a fair comparison. 

The cost is a fair comparison, though. 

2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

You said the website clearly states that games which are not attendance will be rewareded next season. That isn't the case, up ton14 of this seasons games may be unattendable, but will be honoured thisnseason, in the form of a stream.

I see your point in that it comes down to the interpretation of the word access.  However the club statement today is a bit vague to say the least. 

Club’s been a wee bit vague on this. Not the best to be honest but I kind of thought that 18 games in the stadium sounded a wee bit too good to be true. 

Just now, Tazio said:

I see your point in that it comes down to the interpretation of the word access.  However the club statement today is a bit vague to say the least. 

I think they are testing the water. 😄

Just now, GinRummy said:

Club’s been a wee bit vague on this. Not the best to be honest but I kind of thought that 18 games in the stadium sounded a wee bit too good to be true. 

Nail on head really. You wouldn't expect your own club to take you for a ride though. Many will have seen this as a great deal, which it was, and signed up.

I haven't bought a season ticket purely because of this Covid stuff. I commend those that have and I think this is atrocious tbh. Season ticket holders should be fully refunded imo and the games should be streamed ppv at 3 or 4 quid. Hardly surprising, we've been a shit show for a long time and continue to be run in such a manner. 

11 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

A lot of people will be happy to pay their money not expecting anything, that's fine.  But a lot will have bought on the back of Hearts suggesting 18 games meant in live attendance and won't be happy, that's also allowed.  It doesn't have to mean everyone questioning things are automatically  a moan, or stupid. 

I think if Hearts have decided to change what they were offering, which is what it looks like, at least an explanation would've helped rather than trying to present this as a great deal for ST holders.

Yep.

Hearts need to clarify this. A lot of fans will have assumed that Hearts wanted season ticket money in the short term and that they would be entitled to watch x amount of games in person at Tynecastle, depending on x amount of games that are played in person this season. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I haven't bought a season ticket purely because of this Covid stuff. I commend those that have and I think this is atrocious tbh. Season ticket holders should be fully refunded imo and the games should be streamed ppv at 3 or 4 quid. Hardly surprising, we've been a shit show for a long time and continue to be run in such a manner. 

Hysterical nonsense. So refund all season tickets and take the multi million pound hit meaning we would probably go bust? 

Just now, Cruyff said:

How would that work economically? 

I may be totally wrong but I’ve been assuming that the SPL clubs have been using this model. Anyone confirm? 

Gorgie Boot boy
14 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Honestly don’t care what anyone says, hearts have shafted fans, if they included this in the original statement when buying season tickets then fair play but they never. I’m a platinum season ticket holder so I’m paying £32 to watch on my phone😂? Some of yous can say ‘aw I’ll give my money to the club regardless’ but I’m paying for something that I’m not getting.

You are actually saving money, the travel costs food drink a few minutes in the shop costs me £150 a time for home games, it can rise to £300 for away games depending on where. Add the season ticket to that and FOH contributions during these times, breaks my heart that Jambos feel robbed . It is unintentional, Hearts are getting it tight on this forum for every reason people can find. Sickening.

Just now, Tazio said:

Hysterical nonsense. So refund all season tickets and take the multi million pound hit meaning we would probably go bust? 

If the club has conned the supporters into getting the money in the door then why not? 

Why don’t they just give folk choice? 

Can use one of your 18 games to watch a streamed home game or wait to get to a game in person. 

Then just price one off stream games as the equivalent of what a ST would have paid per game and nobody loses out. 

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Not free.

That reads to me as though they have pulled the wool over many fans eyes. They are saying that the 18 match guarentee is being satisfied by access to streamable games. Effectively charging fans around £17 per stream.

That goes against an email that a member on here got stating that the 18 games would only be counted as games fans actually attend.

Reads to me like we are getting all home Betfred games included as well and possibly any Scottish cup games at home if the stadium is still out of bounds. 

This is the same scenario for all teams with season ticket this season. More or less a donation to the club. This is why i thought we should be pushing towards Murray field as more chance of season tickets holders seeing the game in person when reduced capacities are allowed

21 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

How funny ..... not

At least this way you won’t need to ask folk for directions. You can find your own living room, I presume?

Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

You are actually saving money, the travel costs food drink a few minutes in the shop costs me £150 a time for home games, it can rise to £300 for away games depending on where. Add the season ticket to that and FOH contributions during these times, breaks my heart that Jambos feel robbed . It is unintentional, Hearts are getting it tight on this forum for every reason people can find. Sickening.

Completely missing the point for a bite. 

Just now, AndyNic said:

If the club has conned the supporters into getting the money in the door then why not? 

Why not? Simple really, I don’t want to see the club go under. 

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Nail on head really. You wouldn't expect your own club to take you for a ride though. Many will have seen this as a great deal, which it was, and signed up.

Aye I feel sorry for fans who feel misled. As I hinted, I kinda thought it’d end up a mess. Folk contacting the club were told stuff like ‘we believe it’s 18 games in the stadium or ‘we understand it is 18 live games’. Should have been absolutely clear from the outset. 

1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

At least this way you won’t need to ask folk for directions. You can find your own living room, I presume?

Season ticket holder doncha know. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Beast Boy said:

Still wear a mask as well.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How would that work economically? 

I may be totally wrong but I’ve been assuming that the SPL clubs have been using this model. Anyone confirm? 

This is the case. Also been charging ppv up to 20 quid for non season ticket holders