All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

19 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

So I’ve paid for 3 season tickets , all from the same household , if I choose to use my ticket for a game that’s streamed have my daughters just lost a game from their tickets ? 

Hearts aren't really in charge of their own destiny - did you notice the legal hoopla over the summer? Now the Scottish Govt are all over football as a business. When you bought those STs you knew the score, just like the rest of us... 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

"International subscribers can continue to subscribe for only £12.99 a month for full Hearts TV access, including live games, while the finishing touches are being made to a PPV option for fans that do not have season tickets."

My guess is PPV with be around £5, think ill just get myself a VPN and go with the £12.99 a month option.

Just now, Hungry hippo said:

I said on the season ticket threat at the time offered that I was sure streaming games would count towards the 18. It is simply not viable to potentially give away free season tickets to all next season.

The offer was made because of the 27 game season rather than closed door games. Don't disagree that it was vague in the offer re "18 games at Tynecastle Park".

I agree re the offer Relating to the number of games and I agree the ‘access’ bit was vague and down to interpretation. 

Anyone know what Hibs/Aberdeen are doing in this respect?

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

No I don’t. 
But if you are indeed Jambo In Hamilton in a previous guise you certainly didn’t, even parking and finding Tynecastle seemed problematic. 

Well I can tell you certainly do have a season ticket 

Well, I renewed my ST a few months ago, not knowing when I would be able to take my seat, but I knew the club needed to get ST money in.  I'm personally happy with the arrangement to stream the games - not the same as being there I know but still able to watch Hearts.  As others have said, other clubs are doing it up and down the country, so delighted we are doing the same.

The moaning minnies on here is only to be expected.  No doubt our Hamilton friend is disappointed because he won't be able to spy on other supporters and report them to the club.  Must remember to wear my mask whilst viewing.

Dennis Reynolds

:berra:

I brought a season ticket to get 18 home games. Not streamed games. If the club wanted a donation they should have asked. Now spent well over a grand on season tickets to watch games on my laptop? Not for me sadly.

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

Well I can tell you certainly do have a season ticket 

Well at least you can watch free streamed games while you’re considering your legal actions. 

Just now, Natural Orders said:

The should allow refunds on season tickets 

Presumably happy for everyone to get their money back and for club to revert to amateur status until fans are physically back in the ground?

11 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I think it was my email you were referring too, tbh I'll be pretty annoyed if they are going against it. 

10 minutes ago, Dazo said:

They guaranteed access to 18 games, some of those will be accessed online. 

I done some digging and found it.

Our understanding it will count as 18 live games that the fans will attend.

Also there is only 14 games this season the likeliness of fans attending these 14 games could be unlikely depending on what the government would like to regarding having attendances at football but we did state that all fans who get season tickets will be guaranteed the 18 game threshold, so there could be for example if fans attend 6 games this season they will then be guaranteed another 12 games the following season but you will definitely attend 18 live games inside tynecastle.

Regards"

Glamorgan Jambo
7 minutes ago, iainmac said:

That would be tricky, especially if the PPV price is less than what ST's are being asked to pay. 

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Only issue with that is we would have to charge over £17/game (approx) so that non-ST holders are not paying less than ST holders. 

Natural Orders is getting lawyered-up as we speak 😁

Get your points and it is tricky but there’s potentially a semi decent revenue stream for the club at minimal if any incremental cost. During a season when for sure we’ll be making an operating loss.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

It is for me. :sadrobbo:

Snap I’m delighted the club will be streaming homes games. As I suspected they would a while back on the season ticket thread. 

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Hearts aren't really in charge of their own destiny - did you notice the legal hoopla over the summer? Now the Scottish Govt are all over football as a business. When you bought those STs you knew the score, just like the rest of us... 

see that’s where you’re wrong , I didn’t believe for one minute that I’d actually get to Tynecastle this season but neither did I expect to pay for streaming 

39 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

So you don’t mind paying £17 a game to watch it online?

You tell us what you think should happen? Bearing in mind it’s not Hearts decision to not admit fans.

Just now, Dazo said:

Snap I’m delighted the club will be streaming homes games. As I suspected they would a while back on the season ticket thread. 

Means I can watch the games in my Hearts jammies. 

So Hearts follow the very same model as every other club so far and its a farce. Hearts like most other clubs expected to see fans back in the stadium in October this never panned out.

1) Is it Hearts fault there is a 2nd wave right now?

2) Is it Hearts fault that no fans are allowed in the stadium?

Jesus wept some folk need to look out of the window.

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Also there is only 14 games this season the likeliness of fans attending these 14 games could be unlikely depending on what the government would like to regarding having attendances at football but we did state that all fans who get season tickets will be guaranteed the 18 game threshold, so there could be for example if fans attend 6 games this season they will then be guaranteed another 12 games the following season but you will definitely attend 18 live games inside tynecastle.

Regards"

So this clearly is not what is happening 

who was the email from?

If Hearts and everyone else somehow knew this meant streaming games, why did they keep bronze, silver and platinum and let 1 household buy multiple tickets? And no, every other club did not sell season tickets in the misleading way we did.

It's completely unfair to charge fans different amounts for the streams, and some households multiple times

So as predicted your season ticket is basically a donation to the club and as a thanks you’ll get free access to a stream for the match. Clubs been deliberately vague when punting tickets. 

Folk are aware it’s not actually Hearts that are saying don’t attend the games and that when selling the season tickets they didn’t have a clue like everyone else what’s going to happen. I can understand the frustrations but it’s hardly like the club are trying to pull a fast one here. 

1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

see that’s where you’re wrong , I didn’t believe for one minute that I’d actually get to Tynecastle this season but neither did I expect to pay for streaming 

A bit confused, you didn’t expect to get to a match this season but giving you streaming is a negative?

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Presumably happy for everyone to get their money back and for club to revert to amateur status until fans are physically back in the ground?

We have to fair to fans too. Should be an option to have refund due to being miss sold a season ticket.

Not what was sold but I was fully expecting to donate my season ticket to the club this year.

But not fair on those who didn't.

Edited by DETTY29

Dennis Reynolds
3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Regards"

What a joke.

Just now, Natural Orders said:

We have to fair to fans too. Should be an option to have refund due to being miss sold a season ticket.

Have you asked for one?

3 minutes ago, Rods said:

So Hearts follow the very same model as every other club so far and its a farce. Hearts like most other clubs expected to see fans back in the stadium in October this never panned out.

1) Is it Hearts fault there is a 2nd wave right now?

2) Is it Hearts fault that no fans are allowed in the stadium?

Jesus wept some folk need to look out of the window.

It’s hearts fault they have miss sold tickets 

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Folk are aware it’s not actually Hearts that are saying don’t attend the games and that when selling the season tickets they didn’t have a clue like everyone else what’s going to happen. I can understand the frustrations but it’s hardly like the club are trying to pull a fast one here. 

They've made it clear that it would be physical games inside Tynecastle as far as I'm concerned, so if they are now changing their tune they are pulling a fast one. 

43 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

So you don’t mind paying £17 a game to watch it online?

I paid my £450 for a 2020/2021 season ticket. I did so in full knowledge that I might not get to go to any games in that season. Not looking for refunds, not looking for discounts for future seasons. If I get to watch some games online that I wouldn't otherwise be able to see at all, I'm fine with that! 

The ironic thing is that given we will all still be due 4 games next season, steamable or attening, we are actually still doing more than any other club i am aware of (perhaps similar to Motherwell?) Yet Hearts have still managed to **** it up. They should have distinctly said that Streams would be included in then18 games from day one. Clear and open. No room for confusion.

At best they have just had a marketing error and released that statement without considering all the different implications of football with no fans.

At worst they have known exactly what they were doing from day 1 and deliberately left the original marketing open to interpretation and got 12k to sign up tona ST.

Edited by hughesie27

Honestly don’t care what anyone says, hearts have shafted fans, if they included this in the original statement when buying season tickets then fair play but they never. I’m a platinum season ticket holder so I’m paying £32 to watch on my phone😂? Some of yous can say ‘aw I’ll give my money to the club regardless’ but I’m paying for something that I’m not getting.

5 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Please explain what the hell you were paying for then ?!?

Can folk also stop replying to the Troll that is Jambo In Hamilton aka Natural Orders

Just now, FarmerTweedy said:

I paid my £450 for a 2020/2021 season ticket. I did so in full knowledge that I might not get to go to any games in that season. Not looking for refunds, not looking for discounts for future seasons. If I get to watch some games online that I wouldn't otherwise be able to see at all, I'm fine with that! 

Hear hear!  I understand the thing about households with more than one ST, but taking the club to court???  Some people need to get a life and actually support the club they say they support.

international subscribers pay £12.99 for access whilst ST holders are effectively being charged £25 for 14 games on tv with 4 being carried over if you renew 2021/22.  Like others have said I am not fussed about refunds etc but not too sure I am happy at the rephrasing and attempt to make it sound like a good deal to the nearly 12k ST holders we have.

I would have been happier with some kind of rollover idea - no fans at games this season but your 2020/21 ST counts towards 2021/22 but in order to keep cash flows in order you'd renew as normal next May effectively buying a ST for 2022/23 in May 2021.  Does that make sense?

Gorgie Boot boy
23 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Good post. Covid 19 restrictions are the real reason , nothing to do with Hearts who have followed everything correctly. How are Hearts supposed to know at the time when restrictions are lifted. Do Hearts have to tell us that Covid 19 restrictions are in place, or do we already know ?  We renewed or bought seasons tickets knowing we may not see the team playing, so we hope that we at least get to see them through live broadcasts or highlights. Then we hope for some inside information on training and we get to see highlights and interviews with Players coaches  and Robbie. Nothing Hearts do is good enough for a few Jambos. Hearts are worth every pain and penny to me. We have been fleeced before and i am sure we will be again, at least i get to choose if i want to watch the side on Hearts Tv or not. My choice , no one has ever twisted my arm up my back to follow Hearts. My arm ahs been twisted up my back being huckled though a few times or just thrown .

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

11 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Hearts need to pay the players this season, regardless of whether there are any fans in the ground... and this in a division with virtually no TV money

The players will need to be paid next season as well. 

Presumably people expecting a freebie for this season, will be happy with Hearts fielding an amateur side next season for their 18 matches of physical in their seats attendance?

There are other ways to compensate for lack of bums on seats, as contributions to FOH have shown. I'm not sure that anyone is expecting any freebies; if you want to buy live streaming, then buy it, but people should not be forced to accept this as an alternative to a season ticket. 

2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

It’s hearts fault they have miss sold tickets 

FFS. Look at the website. It clearly states any games not able to be attended will be honoured next season. Oddly it doesn’t mention free streaming this season so look at it as a bonus. 
Or alternatively pretend this is the face mask thread and troll the living **** out of it. 

2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Honestly don’t care what anyone says, hearts have shafted fans, if they included this in the original statement when buying season tickets then fair play but they never. I’m a platinum season ticket holder so I’m paying £32 to watch on my phone😂? Some of yous can say ‘aw I’ll give my money to the club regardless’ but I’m paying for something that I’m not getting.

Exactly mate 

well said 

yet still some on here will accuse us of not being Hearts fans because we dare criticise the club.

11 minutes ago, LMc said:

:berra:

I brought a season ticket to get 18 home games. Not streamed games. If the club wanted a donation they should have asked. Now spent well over a grand on season tickets to watch games on my laptop? Not for me sadly.

Exactly this. **** that for a laugh I'm not donating over £1000 to sit and watch the games on a laptop. 

A lot of people will be happy to pay their money not expecting anything, that's fine.  But a lot will have bought on the back of Hearts suggesting 18 games meant in live attendance and won't be happy, that's also allowed.  It doesn't have to mean everyone questioning things are automatically  a moan, or stupid. 

I think if Hearts have decided to change what they were offering, which is what it looks like, at least an explanation would've helped rather than trying to present this as a great deal for ST holders.