• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

10 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

Not sure this is a good move from the Hearts here.They seem to be playing on the goodwill of the fans.We are being charged a lot for an internet stream.

This 

August Landmesser
3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

They have shafted us with the wording, what if season ticket holders don’t have access to the internet? 

Then they won't be able to read the article. 

Or this post.

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Yep I remember that. Assume your memory is as good as mines and there is no easy way of finding that post?

Somewhere in the season ticket thread. 🤷🏼‍♂️

23 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Not free.

That reads to me as though they have pulled the wool over many fans eyes. They are saying that the 18 match guarentee is being satisfied by access to streamable games. Effectively charging fans around £17 per stream.

That goes against an email that a member on here got stating that the 18 games would only be counted as games fans actually attend.

£450 for me so over £32 per stream. 

The multiple ST's in the same household needs to be addressed as some could be paying well over the odds to watch a stream on the internet. 

Pasquale for King

It’s not really what was promised, or indicated and I fully understand why people who bought multiple tickets from one household would be annoyed. You could’ve bought a cheap ticket for an youth and watched it. 

3B960136-0227-4B03-9537-C958691AF7D1.jpeg

Couple of things to take from this below.

They are offering match tickets for those who do not renew next year. Not access to a stream. Should covid continue to restrict fans into next season will they go back on this?

Secondly,  "No supporter will be left disadvantaged as a result for securing their seat..."

The prices for non STs to access streams will need to be about £30 a game to ensure that promise is kept.

Absolute farce.

SmartSelect_20200916-170522_WhatsApp.jpg

14 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Got my season ticket, I’ll get access to watch Hearts. Didn’t think I was going to be able to do that this season. Delighted. I’m paying a lot more than £17 a pop though. Happy to do it.

Happy trolling though.

16 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Being a ST holder is a great way to support the club......not sure what else you expected in these times.

17 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

What do you expect the club to do? Ask us to buy season tickets as soon as we can get to games?

Clubs up and down the country are doing exactly what we're doing.

the point is- this is what we were told 

"A 20/21 season ticket guarantees you 18 matches at Tynecastle Park, regardless of what league we play in or of the duration of the campaign"

so we were Miss-sold and hearts could be liable too for this 

Is there any examples of different approaches taken by other clubs for us to compare against?

If anyone feels "shafted" by this, they should probably approach the club directly to see what their options are. That's not a healthy relationship between season ticket holder and club.

Edited by pablo

5 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’ll take that in the manner it’s meant 😀

Got to say I’m not a fan of this idea the club have announced Dave , 

I saw it as inevitable to be fair. I assume the other clubs with large ST numbers are doing the same?

Whitburn Hearts

To my mind anyone who bought a season ticket expecting to see football at Tynecastle this season was kidding themselves on . I personally bought mine assuming there would be no football at the ground and was hoping at best for free streaming . I'm therefore happy that my expectations are met . If i get an option they can keep my 4 missing games as well. 

I'm far from loaded but would have been paying this and more to travel to games anyway. 

6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Yep I remember that. Assume your memory is as good as mines and there is no easy way of finding that post?

I remember we discussed this at the time. I did say it looked like it included streamed games. You were very quick to put me in my place that I didn’t understand the guarantee. 

4 minutes ago, The Roller said:

Hearts fans really are ****in arseholes.

Sounds about in line with every other club on the planet. Sound. 

Did those other clubs offer guarantees to entice fans to buy STs? Only other club I know of who did was Motherwell.

4 minutes ago, The Roller said:

3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

£450 for me so over £32 per stream. 

The multiple ST's in the same household needs to be addressed as some could be paying well over the odds to watch a stream on the internet. 

As I’m in a similar situation to iainmac perhaps The Roller can explain as to why were ****in arseholes ??? 

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

"A 20/21 season ticket guarantees you 18 matches at Tynecastle Park, regardless of what league we play in or of the duration of the campaign"

The 18 matches online will be at Tynecastle Park. 

This won't fly fir a number of reasons ;

People bought ST's expecting to be in their seats either this season or, if that's not possible, next season. 

Not every ST holder will have access to the Internet or the wherewithal to watch a stream. 

Some ST holders will have Internet with speeds that aren't capable of  live streaming. 

Multiple ST's in the same household being charged over the odds to watch the sane stream. 

Edited by iainmac

Just now, davemclaren said:

The 18 matches online will be at Tynecastle Park. 

That’s not the point and you know it.

im sure there will be lawyers out there who can help too 

3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Question. 

do you have a ST?

5 minutes ago, The Roller said:

Not many other clubs guaranteed 18 games regardless of which season they are played in. We will still be due 4 games next season. I think Motherwell may be the only club who done similar.

3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I remember we discussed this a while back. I did say I thought it would include streamed games which I was happy with. You thought I was talking nonsense. No wool pulled over many peoples eyes. 

This thread would suggest otherwise.

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Let's not pretend that the original ST Guarantee was around physical attendance at matches. The club taking the piss again.

Exactly. I have no interest in watching streamed matches; I bought a grossly overpriced season ticket to help the club out but importantly to go the games. If the streamed matched count towards the 18 game guarantee then I have to say that I feel I've been taken for an idiot.  All trust has gone.

1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

As I’m in a similar situation to iainmac perhaps The Roller can explain as to why were ****in arseholes ??? 

Because we're posting on JKB, perhaps? 

Glamorgan Jambo

Hopefully gets expanded to non ST holders in the UK on a pay per game or whatever option.

although most of our BBC Scotland channel games will be away ones I’m sure they’ll be in Tynie on several occasions. Probably starting with the league season opener vs Dundee.

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

ditto.. quicker people reconcile with themselves that there will be no football which can be attended in any significant way the better. 

Hearts need to pay the players this season, regardless of whether there are any fans in the ground... and this in a division with virtually no TV money

The players will need to be paid next season as well. 

Presumably people expecting a freebie for this season, will be happy with Hearts fielding an amateur side next season for their 18 matches of physical in their seats attendance?

Edited by David McCaig

12 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I think thank god the club is counting a tv subscription as an attendance... otherwise the club would be going bankrupt next season!!

This! I didn’t think we would get in to any games this season anyway, and I suspect we might not for much of next season either. I’m glad we don’t now have a ticking financial time bomb.

27 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I couldn't possibly find it now. No idea who the poster was but I'm sure they'll see this and be able to find it again. They copy and pasted the email verbatim.

I think it was my email you were referring too, tbh I'll be pretty annoyed if they are going against it. 

23 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

What if you have shite/no Internet connection? 

Or the only device you could use is a 5" iPhone?

Work harder. 🤷‍♂️😂

1 minute ago, henryheart said:

Exactly. I have no interest in watching streamed matches; I bought a grossly overpriced season ticket to help the club out but importantly to go the games. If the streamed matched count towards the 18 game guarantee then I have to say that I feel I've been taken for an idiot.  All trust has gone.

How do you propose Hearts pay the players this season?

Just now, Natural Orders said:

There’s always lawyers willing to help in my experience. I imagine the club is hopeful of supporters attendIng at some point in whatever numbers are allowed.  

5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Not many other clubs guaranteed 18 games regardless of which season they are played in. We will still be due 4 games next season. I think Motherwell may be the only club who done similar.

This thread would suggest otherwise.

They guaranteed access to 18 games, some of those will be accessed online. 

Edited by Dazo

been here before

Pretty shite for numerous reasons already discussed.

Said at the time of the 'guaranteed 18 games at Tynecastle' statement that the wording was deliberatly obtuse and rather disingenous.

£450 quid to watch second division football via a shitty internet stream on a 6 inch phone screen. 

And as a 'thank you' we get to chance to watch a meaningless kickabout against a 3rd division mob.

Wish Id bought 2 STs now.

Edited by been here before

3 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Hopefully gets expanded to non ST holders in the UK on a pay per game or whatever option.

although most of our BBC Scotland channel games will be away ones I’m sure they’ll be in Tynie on several occasions. Probably starting with the league season opener vs Dundee.

That would be tricky, especially if the PPV price is less than what ST's are being asked to pay. 

Fortunately the club doesn't pay any attention to the moronic ramblings of so called supporters on here or we'd be back in administration.

Gorgie Boot boy

Season ticket holders knew before buying that we may not see the team as Covid 19 restrictions do not allow mass gatherings.

Live broadcasts will be the only way to watch the side, i would feel better if season ticket holders FOH members got the games for free. Hearts will work it out.

And he’s not praying!

Getting what I thought I would. Hope the club also choose not to honour the 4 games which will be remaining. We need to start season 21/22 from as strong a financial footing as possible.

18Jambo_dave74
2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

This won't fly fir a number of reasons ;

People bought ST's expecting to be in their seats either this season or, if that's not possible, next season. 

Not everyone ST holder will have access to the Internet or the wherewithal to watch a stream. 

Some ST holders will have Internet with speeds that aren't capable of  live streaming. 

Multiple ST's in the same household being charged over the odds to watch the sane stream. 

Spot on.

After the Zlamal loan farce, I felt like I had been taken for a mug. Feeling the same again here.

I understand what people are saying but Hearts could’ve been much clearer if this was the route they were going to go down or even if it was a potential option.

The fans are desperate to help the club and support them financially but there has to be more consideration shown by the club.

5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

You want to take the club to court? :lol:

Just now, Natural Orders said:

Yes. Do you?

No I don’t. 
But if you are indeed Jambo In Hamilton in a previous guise you certainly didn’t, even parking and finding Tynecastle seemed problematic. 

I said on the season ticket threat at the time offered that I was sure streaming games would count towards the 18. It is simply not viable to potentially give away free season tickets to all next season.

The offer was made because of the 27 game season rather than closed door games. Don't disagree that it was vague in the offer re "18 games at Tynecastle Park".

5 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Only issue with that is we would have to charge over £17/game (approx) so that non-ST holders are not paying less than ST holders. 

Natural Orders is getting lawyered-up as we speak 😁

1 minute ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Getting what I thought I would. Hope the club also choose not to honour the 4 games which will be remaining. We need to start season 21/22 from as strong a financial footing as possible.

The club will definitely offer the 4 additional games next season, but hopefully the vast majority will choose not to claim it.