• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

August Landmesser

Streaming arrangements announced, multi-camera set-up, home friendly with PTFC, lots going on in this announcement!

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/club-to-stream-all-home-games-live

Hearts fans won’t miss a minute of the Tynecastle action this season with the club today committing to live stream every home game, starting next Saturday.

The Jambos host Partick Thistle in a friendly match at Tynecastle, 3pm kick off, and season ticket holders will get to watch the match for free as a thank you for their unwavering support over the summer.

The club has been working hard behind the scenes with streaming partners Stream Digital and broadcasters QTV to put plans in place to broadcast home games live, given there will be no TV cameras inside Tynecastle for the majority of the 2020/21 campaign.

We’re now in a position to confirm, however, that the club will make a substantial investment in the installation of a multi-camera set-up so fans can keep up with all the action on the pitch.

Previously, only Hearts TV subscribers outside of the UK & Ireland have been able to watch most games live. This will now be opened up, as per SPFL broadcasting guidelines, to the domestic audience for as long as fans are unable to access Tynecastle.

This means that season ticket holders will get matchday access to Hearts TV included as part of the club’s 18-game season ticket guarantee that was announced earlier in the year.

The Jambos are set to play 14 home league games this season, therefore four fixtures will be credited to those who renew for 21/22 – in line with the 18 game guarantee.

International subscribers can continue to subscribe for only £12.99 a month for full Hearts TV access, including live games, while the finishing touches are being made to a PPV option for fans that do not have season tickets.

A club spokesperson said: “When season tickets were launched earlier in the year it was against an extremely uncertain backdrop.

“This is why the club launched the 18-game season ticket guarantee pledge, to give supporters peace of mind that they would not miss any league games even if stadiums remained closed due to the Coronavirus pandemic.

“Today’s streaming announcement is the culmination of weeks of hard work behind the scenes, given the numerous challenges that await broadcasting live matches in the Championship.

“More importantly, it follows through on the club’s promise to ensure that season ticket holders are able to watch the Jambos every time they take to the Tynecastle pitch.

“Furthermore, the commitment remains whereby any outstanding matches from this season will be credited to those who renew their season tickets for season 21/22, with the relevant number of match tickets offered to those who do not renew.

“We’re looking forward to welcoming fans back to Tynecastle Park when it is safe to do so. In the meantime, we’re pleased deliver on our promise that no season ticket holder will miss out on any of the action.”

“This means that season ticket holders will get matchday access to Hearts TV included as part of the club’s 18-game season ticket guarantee that was announced earlier in the year.

The Jambos are set to play 14 home league games this season, therefore four fixtures will be credited to those who renew for 21/22 – in line with the 18 game guarantee.“

I actually think the season ticket should only include games when we can actually go to the games - otherwise we are just paying a lot of money for what essentially is a tv subscription.

Not free.

That reads to me as though they have pulled the wool over many fans eyes. They are saying that the 18 match guarentee is being satisfied by access to streamable games. Effectively charging fans around £17 per stream.

That goes against an email that a member on here got stating that the 18 games would only be counted as games fans actually attend.

Edited by hughesie27

I could well be reading that wrong, but is that not saying games that you get to stream will count towards the 18 game guarantee?  Certainly not how it was framed when selling ST's.  Don't get me wrong, I am not fussed about refunds for unattended games, but a lot of people will be and that's how it was put forward initially.

Good that we have streaming available though.

1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I could well be reading that wrong, but is that not saying games that you get to stream will count towards the 18 game guarantee?  Certainly not how it was framed when selling ST's.  Don't get me wrong, I am not fussed about refunds for unattended games, but a lot of people will be and that's how it was put forward initially.

Good that we have streaming available though.

This 

not very transparent from the club 

Just now, hughesie27 said:

Not free.

That reads to me as though they have pulled the wool over many fans eyes. They are saying that the 18 match guarentee is being satisfied by access to streamable games. Effectively charging fans around £17 per stream.

No they are are not saying that,  4 games will be credited back 

2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I actually think the season ticket should only include games when we can actually go to the games - otherwise we are just paying a lot of money for what essentially is a tv subscription.

Oh ffs. Just be thankful that Hearts aren't charging extra for the privilege. Some premier League clubs are asking extra on top of season ticket cost to watch games.

Just now, lou said:

So...they are saying that. I never bought a season ticket to watch a stream online that will by all accounts be easily accessible to 1000s of people for free through IPTV. I paid to attend games at Tynie, which is what they advertised.

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Not free.

That goes against an email that a member on here got stating that the 18 games would only be counted as games fans actually attend.

Where is the email? 
i think this needs to be looked into 

Just now, hughesie27 said:

So...they are saying that. I never bought a season ticket to watch a stream online that will by all accounts be easily accessible to 1000s of people for free through IPTV. I paid to attend games at Tynie, which is what they advertised.

This 

Works for me. Glad I’ll be able to watch all my team’s games. On that note I’ll leave you all in the capable trolling hands of the pretend simple guy, and let the bitch-fest begin.

Just now, heartsfc_fan said:

Oh ffs. Just be thankful that Hearts aren't charging extra for the privilege. Some premier League clubs are asking extra on top of season ticket cost to watch games.

Still not good enough mate

snd I’m not the only one who thinks this - as well as several on here.

very poor from hearts 

Just now, Natural Orders said:

Where is the email? 
i think this needs to be looked into 

I couldn't possibly find it now. No idea who the poster was but I'm sure they'll see this and be able to find it again. They copy and pasted the email verbatim.

Just now, Beast Boy said:

Works for me. Glad I’ll be able to watch all my team’s games. On that note I’ll leave you all in the capable trolling hands of the pretend simple guy, and let the bitch-fest begin.

So you don’t mind paying £17 a game to watch it online?

Stewie Griffin
2 minutes ago, lou said:

They said there will be 14 home games this season so 4 games will be credited back however we won’t get to attend some of those 14 games that’s why they are being streamed. So in effect those games that are being streamed count towards use of your season ticket.

Just now, lou said:

I am getting exactly what I thought I would 

Same. We are currently in a global pandemic. I purchased a season ticket more as a donation to keep the club I love going.

Plus will be getting about £75 off my season ticket next season as they will credit back those 4 games.

Ffs.

A great idea and you need zipping up the back if you thought the club were going to literally refund this season's ticket if no games are attended...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Could get 10 pages of man-babies spewing farleys rusks around on this thread I reckon 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Same. We are currently in a global pandemic. I purchased a season ticket more as a donation to keep the club I love going.

Plus will be getting about £75 off my season ticket next season as they will credit back those 4 games.

Or they'll just give you access to a stream for those games...

Still not good enough mate

snd I’m not the only one who thinks this - as well as several on here.

very poor from hearts 

What do you expect the club to do? Ask us to buy season tickets as soon as we can get to games?

Clubs up and down the country are doing exactly what we're doing.

Stewie Griffin
2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

That’s fair enough but what about households that have purchased more than one season ticket ? Seems a bit unfair on people who have bought 2/3/4 season tickets within the same household.

l’ve bought two and I’m not bothered as I want Hearts to have the money but can understand if there are people unhappy about it.

Edited by Stewie Griffin

I don't mind in the slightest, in fact because my son has a season ticket, we will be paying double that to watch one stream

Being a ST holder is a great way to support the club......not sure what else you expected in these times.

3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Got my season ticket, I’ll get access to watch Hearts. Didn’t think I was going to be able to do that this season. Delighted. I’m paying a lot more than £17 a pop though. Happy to do it.

Happy trolling though.

What do you expect the club to do? Ask us to buy season tickets as soon as we can get to games?

Clubs up and down the country are doing exactly what we're doing.

Tbf the club said:

"A 20/21 season ticket guarantees you 18 matches at Tynecastle Park, regardless of what league we play in or of the duration of the campaign"

That was the wording.  They will argue you are getting games at Tynie via streaming, but they aren't daft.  If they'd not wanted people to think that applied to actual attendance they'd have been clear on it from the outset.

Personally, I'm not overly fussed, I always put the ST's I bought down as more of a donation this year.  But I can see why people aren't happy at spending a lot of money and being told what originally applies no longer does.  There doesn't have to be a uniform reaction to things the club do.

12 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

“This means that season ticket holders will get matchday access to Hearts TV included as part of the club’s 18-game season ticket guarantee that was announced earlier in the year.

The Jambos are set to play 14 home league games this season, therefore four fixtures will be credited to those who renew for 21/22 – in line with the 18 game guarantee.“

Exactly this.  This means I've paid over a grand so that me, my old man and my laddie can sit and watch a stream of Hearts on the computer? Something I Could have bought at £12.99 a month and got the exact same thing?

it's all very well to say you have to support the club, but that's a lot of money to expect supporters to throw away.

8 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I'd much sooner pay extra (say £5 per game) to watch this seasons streams and have Hearts honour what they advertised and let me attend 18 home games fkr this seasons ST price.

I bought one of the cheaper teir STs. **** paying for a platinum seat and forking out about £30 for a stream.

When i renewed i was expecting the 18 game season ticket to mean actual games at Tynie. Since the club has only just managed to get this streaming deal, they couldn't possibly meant this when the tickets went on sale. 

Not so bad for me but for people like my mate who has 5 ST holders in the family, I'd feel less than happy this wasn't made clear when i paid out all that cash 

So I’ve paid for 3 season tickets , all from the same household , if I choose to use my ticket for a game that’s streamed have my daughters just lost a game from their tickets ? 

Just now, Hendolad said:

Didn't some chaps have issues with live streams from the Hearts world last few seasons as well?I can see this being a disaster 

That's why they'll be including friendlies, it'll allow them to run them as test events.

2 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Tbf the club said:

"A 20/21 season ticket guarantees you 18 matches at Tynecastle Park, regardless of what league we play in or of the duration of the campaign"

That was the wording.  They will argue you are getting games at Tynie via streaming, but they aren't daft.  If they'd not wanted people to think that applied to actual attendance they'd have been clear on it from the outset.

Personally, I'm not overly fussed, I always put the ST's I bought down as more of a donation this year.  But I can see why people aren't happy at spending a lot of money and being told what originally applies no longer does.  There doesn't have to be a uniform reaction to things the club do.

I can understand where you're coming from.

However, the way things are going we are unlikely to be attending a physical game this year. There is only 8 home games in 2021. I really couldn't see Hearts crediting 11,500 fans with the 10 matches they missed. Financial suicide.

17 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Not free.

I did say that the email wasn’t totally clear when discussed previously. Personally, I’m fine with it. Good news we can watch the matches. 

4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I'd much sooner pay extra (say £5 per game) to watch this seasons streams and have Hearts honour what they advertised and let me attend 18 home games fkr this seasons ST price.

I bought one of the cheaper teir STs. **** paying for a platinum seat and forking out about £30 for a stream.

That my friend would be far too easy , got to say my initial view is this isn’t a great idea 

1 minute ago, Hendolad said:

Didn't some chaps have issues with live streams from the Hearts world last few seasons as well?I can see this being a disaster 

I think they'll be upgrading their servers etc. It is a concern but doesn't seem to have been an issue for Prem games so far.

19 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I think thank god the club is counting a tv subscription as an attendance... otherwise the club would be going bankrupt next season!!

1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

So I’ve paid for 3 season tickets , all from the same household , if I choose to use my ticket for a game that’s streamed have my daughters just lost a game from their tickets ? 

They can watch it on a different device. 🥴

Just now, David McCaig said:

I think thank god the club is counting a tv subscription as an attendance... otherwise the club would be going bankrupt next season!!

Correct. 

Just now, David McCaig said:

This

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I did say that the email wasn’t totally clear when discussed previously. Personally, I’m fine with it. Good news we can watch the matches. 

Yep I remember that. Assume your memory is as good as mines and there is no easy way of finding that post?

Just now, davemclaren said:

They can watch it on a different device. 🥴

I’ll take that in the manner it’s meant 😀

Got to say I’m not a fan of this idea the club have announced Dave , 

1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I can understand where you're coming from.

However, the way things are going we are unlikely to be attending a physical game this year. There is only 8 home games in 2021. I really couldn't see Hearts crediting 11,500 fans with the 10 matches they missed. Financial suicide.

It's not where I'm coming from mate, I get it.  I thought at the time it was an odd guarantee, especially if it goes well into next year without games.

But as you can see you will have folk who've bought multiple ST's from the same household who'll all watch the same stream.  Which they probably could've just bought for £12 on PPV.  Hearts should've been clearer up front what people were paying for is my criticism, to me it looks almost deliberately ambiguous .

Just now, Jambos1983 said:

Fine by me. I want my season ticket money going towards the best team we can put on the park for this season 

ditto.. quicker people reconcile with themselves that there will be no football which can be attended in any significant way the better. 

8 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

Exactly this.  This means I've paid over a grand so that me, my old man and my laddie can sit and watch a stream of Hearts on the computer? Something I Could have bought at £12.99 a month and got the exact same thing?

it's all very well to say you have to support the club, but that's a lot of money to expect supporters to throw away.

Well said man

just to warn you that you might get a bunch of keyboard warriors calling you a troll though for saying this