Macclesfied Town

132goals1958

Hagar the Horrible

bit of a shame, but its the first of many, Wigan on a shoogly peg still

Still room for us to play down there....so every cloud and all that

Sorry to hear this, used to go along to occasional matches at the Moss Rose ground whilst I lived down in nearby Wilmslow a while back...

2 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

bit of a shame, but its the first of many, Wigan on a shoogly peg still

Still room for us to play down there....so every cloud and all that

Think you are correct. Maybe its me being an auld sentimentalist butI feel for the local community. 

Hagar the Horrible
2 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Think you are correct. Maybe its me being an auld sentimentalist butI feel for the local community. 

To put this in perspective,  the money they owe would pay for 1 player at Chelsea for a month.   Its going to be a snowball effect

1 minute ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

To put this in perspective,  the money they owe would pay for 1 player at Chelsea for a month.   Its going to be a snowball effect

There is no such thing as Romanticism in the modern era. There was something about the good old days when small clubs had their occasional day in the sun.   

19 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

But not quite pay Gareth Bale for a week 🤔 

Will be passing their ground on the train tomorrow when I travel from Stoke on Trent to Manchester Picadilly to get my train back upto Edinburgh. I always like looking at Football grounds from the train.

Hagar the Horrible
28 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

But not quite pay Gareth Bale for a week 🤔 

Its all relative,  But Gareth Bale would not get into my 5 aside team,  I just cant have somebody who lacks commitement and:

Wales

Golf

Hagars 5-a-side

in that order,  I told him he can gettofeck,  No wonder the Real fans hate him, Spurs can have him back

But in all serious, Bale could buy Macclesfield and still have money left for a kebab at the end of the week,

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Will be passing their ground on the train tomorrow when I travel from Stoke on Trent to Manchester Picadilly to get my train back upto Edinburgh. I always like looking at Football grounds from the train.

Not as much fun as looking at Easter Road from the cockpit of a B52, I imagine.

Hagar the Horrible
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You could create a list of best stadiums to be viewed on the train

Starks park

Emirates Library

Cheap Sports shop@St James park

Tynecastle

St Andrews

5 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Starks park

Emirates Library

Tynecastle

St Andrews

Like to spot the London grounds when flying into Heathrow- when that was all possible!

Hagar the Horrible
5 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Like to spot the London grounds when flying into Heathrow- when that was all possible!

qpr, brentford

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Also if you fly into Gatwick and take the slow train into London you see Selhurst park. 

I remember passing The Valley ( Charlton) on a train once as well.

23 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Just keep your eyes on the tracks ahead 😉

it’s certainly not going to be the last of the local wee teams to go sadly 🙁

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Just keep your eyes on the tracks ahead 😉

it’s certainly not going to be the last of the local wee teams to go sadly 🙁

There is only one local"wee team" I want to go belly up. 😉

1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

Compulsory winding up order with debts of over £500000. Formed in the same year as us. Sad for the local community.

With the amount of money floating around the top couple of divisions down South, it's sad to see a historic club go to the wall for the sake of half a million quid.  That's 1/160, or 0.625% of a Harry Maguire, or any number of shite players that go for megabucks down there.

I'm not saying the Premier League teams should be handing out money to the smaller clubs, but the distribution of money doesn't make it very far down the pyramid, leaving lots of smaller teams just hoping for an FA Cup run to get shagged rotten but make some money to keep them going.

Another angle on this...

If it happens to a few teams could it normalise the phoenix club. In eastern europe clubs name change and reform ten a penny. Ive not know any fans to ask but it seems a lot more accepted. Even in italy etc.

In the uk. Weve always sought to protect our (original) club but could this see a change in feelings towards that?

If so, any opinions? 

tartofmidlothian
29 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Starks park

Emirates Library

Tynecastle

St Andrews

Murrayfield is a beauty, it even distracts from Tynecastle for a few seconds. I'm fairly sure it's Clyde's ground you see in the distance after Croy too.

On topic, half a million quid is a drop in the bucket in wider football terms.

40 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Its all relative,  But Gareth Bale would not get into my 5 aside team,  I just cant have somebody who lacks commitement and:

Wales

Golf

Hagars 5-a-side

in that order,  I told him he can gettofeck,  No wonder the Real fans hate him, Spurs can have him back

But in all serious, Bale could buy Macclesfield and still have money left for a kebab at the end of the week,

But as you already pointed out, Bale is not the sort of footballer who would ever consider putting any of his money back into the game. He's the ultimate mercenary, even moreso than Pogba who is merely stupid.

8 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Another angle on this...

If it happens to a few teams could it normalise the phoenix club. In eastern europe clubs name change and reform ten a penny. Ive not know any fans to ask but it seems a lot more accepted. Even in italy etc.

In the uk. Weve always sought to protect our (original) club but could this see a change in feelings towards that?

If so, any opinions? 

Rangers via the Daily Record will ask for their 5m back if it catches on: "Cheaturs ra history shooduv bin free!!"

CavySlaveJambo

Macclesfield have been having problems financially for a while, enough last season, to get so many points deductions that they got relegated to the National League over Stevanage.  

CavySlaveJambo

And looking at the BBC article on Macclesfield Town, looks like Southend could be the next.  They have an adjourned winding up order in the courts.  

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

And doesn't quite pay Gareth Bale for a week.  Football is broken!

1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

There is only one local"wee team" I want to go belly up. 😉

No arguments there 👍🏻

51 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Macclesfield have been having problems financially for a while, enough last season, to get so many points deductions that they got relegated to the National League over Stevanage.  

That relegation/expulsion was HMFC-like, in my opinion, as the League appealed over the size of the last points deduction after the season had stopped, knowing that a successful appeal would relegate them.

Much like with Bury its pretty disgusting that EPL clubs who earn hundreds of millions each year can sit back and watch such old clubs go bust and not try to help them. 

The figures owed are barely 2 weeks wages for a 1st team player at most of the top 6 clubs. If each EPL club chucked £50k each into a pot its they are saved. 

6 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Also if you fly into Gatwick and take the slow train into London you see Selhurst park. 

I remember passing The Valley ( Charlton) on a train once as well.

Flew into Gdansk last month and saw their stadium and was gobsmacked at the size of the thing. Apparently built for the Euros.

unnamed.jpg

7 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I read yesterday that a stumbling block to Bale moving to Spurs could be his £600,000 per week pay in Madrid.

Obscene if accurate.

Macclesfield Town FC wound up in High Court. This is an opportunity to take there place.  

October the 3rd was there first fixture we could make that easily.

The entire English pyramid is on the brink of collapse.

There's plenty teams even in the Premiership that are in the brown stuff with their finances and it gets worse as you go down the leagues.

9 hours ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Not as much fun as looking at Easter Road from the cockpit of a B52, I imagine.

Nah, 

Through the digital eyes of an attack drone, from the comfort of your own front room, with a beer in one hand and your walloper in the other. 

That's how you take out that shit-pit. Make a day of it, enjoy yourself. 

Edited by trotter

2 hours ago, graygo said:

Flew into Gdansk last month and saw their stadium and was gobsmacked at the size of the thing. Apparently built for the Euros.

unnamed.jpg

An absolutely amazing stadium.  

When it's lit up all in amber, it really is stunning!

tartofmidlothian
3 hours ago, FORTHCLYDE said:

Macclesfield Town FC wound up in High Court. This is an opportunity to take there place.  

October the 3rd was there first fixture we could make that easily.

We're not moving to England. It's not happening. Let's put it to bed.

All roads lead to Gorgie
13 hours ago, graygo said:

unnamed.jpg

That is impressive in the form of the materials used and the scale but I still think a completely round stadium is just a wee bit boring. It would be better, in my eyes at least, if they used some other mixed material in the form of stone and so on and varied the sides a bit. :thumbsup:

19 hours ago, trotter said:

Nah, 

Through the digital eyes of an attack drone, from the comfort of your own front room, with a beer in one hand and your walloper in the other. 

That's how you take out that shit-pit. Make a day of it, enjoy yourself. 

Is the attack drone voice controlled? 😂😂

Was at Macclesfield v Mansfield last Nov. Pished with rain all game. Was on terrace (away end) score was 0-0. Football at its rawest and I loved it