Peter Haring

Gorgie Boot boy

Gorgie Boot boy

Peter Haring has been improving his fitness over a number of weeks, he has been getting on the pitch.

Here is Peter getting some action and delivering a performance maybe dominating training setting up the play showing his pace is coming showing tempo.

Gorgie Boot boy
22 minutes ago, graygo said:

Great to see Naismith back as well.

Edit: just seen it on the Naismith thread.

A lot going on in that clip, so many conversations regarding fact. Thank you for the reply, the image you posted doesn't work.Naisy has been back in training same as the lads, he enjoys it, not like the past where he would rather train alone . Changed days, Naisy has status and is another who will fight the cause.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

43 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Peter Haring has been improving his fitness over a number of weeks, he has been getting on the pitch.

Here is Peter getting some action and delivering a performance maybe dominating training setting up the play showing his pace is coming showing tempo.

He's a big unit of a man eh? ❤️

That was good to see in general, positive and confident fast paced football, lots of one touch stuff and some good finishing.

Bring on the new season!

3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

A lot going on in that clip, so many conversations regarding fact. Thank you for the reply, the image you posted doesn't work.Naisy has been back in training same as the lads, he enjoys it, not like the past where he would rather train alone . Changed days, Naisy has status and is another who will fight the cause.

Aye, I'll try harder to get the image to work next time. T'was a beauty too.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

He's a big unit of a man eh? ❤️

That was good to see in general, positive and confident fast paced football, lots of one touch stuff and some good finishing.

Bring on the new season!

Peter is getting on the pitch so that will help him shed the beef, overjoyed to see him get on his boots and control a training session again. He sets up play and links others , has an appetite to improve. The clip generates excitement as it shows off a Hearts squad who enjoy and also work hard to create  opportunities. This clip is mostly attacking mind set and pressing. Everything is pre called by the coaching staff, how they want the training to be set up and what they want to look at. Jamie walker is such a great lad , some of the movements created through are really good for the future.

Gorgie Boot boy
11 minutes ago, graygo said:

Aye, I'll try harder to get the image to work next time. T'was a beauty too.

Try pasting the link

50 minutes ago, indianajones said:

We'd be playing right now if he were fit last season. 

True, even if he'd just been fit enough to play in goal!

Berra than you
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

We'd be playing right now if he were fit last season. 

Firmly believe this too. He is such a cut above anything else we have in the middle of the park. Really hope he can get fit and stay fit, as he will be a fantastic player for us.

3 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Firmly believe this too. He is such a cut above anything else we have in the middle of the park. Really hope he can get fit and stay fit, as he will be a fantastic player for us.

Losing him and Djoum left us without any quality in midfield (irving will be good but is still young)

Hagar the Horrible
10 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I hiope to god looking at Neismith he will be our next manager

Berra than you
52 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Losing him and Djoum left us without any quality in midfield (irving will be good but is still young)

Absolutely. Djoum was also a good player for us. Had his doubters but he was moved around the team alot. Playing in his best position he was brilliant for us.

3 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Absolutely. Djoum was also a good player for us. Had his doubters but he was moved around the team alot. Playing in his best position he was brilliant for us.

Suspected at the time he would be missed, and I think he has been. Quality player. That said, there’s no guarantee he wouldn’t have been sucked down into the morass. At his best he was a real physical presence in midfield and had the ability to drive forward with the ball. I know there’s a school of thought that says we didn’t see him at his best nearly often enough.

Berra than you
8 minutes ago, leginten said:

Suspected at the time he would be missed, and I think he has been. Quality player. That said, there’s no guarantee he wouldn’t have been sucked down into the morass. At his best he was a real physical presence in midfield and had the ability to drive forward with the ball. I know there’s a school of thought that says we didn’t see him at his best nearly often enough.

Yeah who's to say he wouldn't have been dragged down. Main problem is we didn't replace him or Haring properly. And I agree we didn't see him at his best often enough, but I think that was more down to Levein's tombola tactics than down to the player.

The guy’s been out for a long time and will be rusty as hell. In fact he might not ever get back to where he was performance wise. Let’s not put too much pressure on him by hoping he’s the answer to all of our problems. 

1 hour ago, Stendelnator said:

Haring fit also guarantees us 7/8 goals a season. 

Potentially more than that playing against some of the guff down in the Championship.

Jamboscanbevicius

Haring is arguably our best player if we can get him back to 100% fitness. He looks good in that clip. Good to see Naisy in the middle of it too, and some nice glimpses of Wighton (albeit I hate seeing players in trackies to train).

2 hours ago, Berra than you said:

Yeah who's to say he wouldn't have been dragged down. Main problem is we didn't replace him or Haring properly. And I agree we didn't see him at his best often enough, but I think that was more down to Levein's tombola tactics than down to the player.

I know it's not popular to mention but every major player we have had in recent years has had one or more injuries that have taken them ages to get over. Djoum was great playing in a forward midfield role. Sadly Cameroon seemed to prefer him playing further back and he seemed to adopt this position after returning from ANC. Djoum is the only player that has left the club on the last 3 years that I would have back.

Bazzas right boot

Great wee clip. 

Wightons finishing 

Gordon in goals

Naysmith shouting at folk 

Haring spreading the play

:yas:

And

7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Great player imo. Problem is that every game he plays I’ll be nervously waiting on him to get injured. 🙄

This. 🙈🙈 Hard to think otherwise with the injury problems we've had throughout the team.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Great wee clip. 

Wightons finishing 

Gordon in goals

Naysmith shouting at folk 

Haring spreading the play

He's starting to get my hopes up! Not long along I posted he's never a striker, would love to be proven wrong 🤞🤞

30 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

He's starting to get my hopes up! Not long along I posted he's never a striker, would love to be proven wrong 🤞🤞

Actually agree, which usually means we're about to be let down in fantastic fashion, but I've been impressed with his changes since he's came back. Looks bulkier, seems a bit more confident so hopefully those two aspects come together because his actual talent has never been in question, its been about his ability to actually show that talent when people are watching. 

Gorgie Boot boy
6 hours ago, leginten said:

It has been prove that everyone suffered with Peter, at the time of his first absence he was badly missed as a key member of a winning Hearts team. Injuries to other players added to the misery and the slippery slope got a hold of us.

Weakened Offender

I'll believe it when he has 15 games under his belt. Really like Haring as a player but just feel the injuries that affected key players, him included, will continue. 

Gorgie Boot boy
33 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I'll believe it when he has 15 games under his belt. Really like Haring as a player but just feel the injuries that affected key players, him included, will continue. 

The video shows Peter on the pitch, it is way ahead of some who have him written off. I agree that time will tell, at the moment looks good with some weeks to improve. We will see him in more training sessions maybe even bounce games. A positive step for Peter and Hearts.

Weakened Offender
Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

The video shows Peter on the pitch, it is way ahead of some who have him written off. I agree that time will tell, at the moment looks good with some weeks to improve. We will see him in more training sessions maybe even bounce games. A positive step for Peter and Hearts.

It is a positive step. And it's good to see. However we released all sorts of positive footage showing the players enjoying the new training under DS and it amounted to nothing. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

It is a positive step. And it's good to see. However we released all sorts of positive footage showing the players enjoying the new training under DS and it amounted to nothing. 

This is not the same Hearts players manager coaches etc. The difference is obvious to all.

Weakened Offender
7 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

This is not the same Hearts players manager coaches etc. The difference is obvious to all.

Its still a lot of the same, frequently injured players though. 

Gorgie Boot boy
5 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Its still a lot of the same, frequently injured players though. 

That is fear kicking in, you worry that the same guff will happen this time around. I do not see that when i watch the footage. I see structure organisation set up formations, end product and excitement that we are looking to shape up well for the games ahead. Peter may or not be involved until next year,so we will see.

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

That is fear kicking in, you worry that the same guff will happen this time around. I do not see that when i watch the footage. I see structure organisation set up formations, end product and excitement that we are looking to shape up well for the games ahead. Peter may or not be involved until next year,so we will see.

It's not fear. It's knowing that the experienced spine of the side, Berra, Souttar, Walker, Haring and Naismith are all regularly injured. 

Yes, they might all not be next season but I doubt it. 

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

It's not fear. It's knowing that the experienced spine of the side, Berra, Souttar, Walker, Haring and Naismith are all regularly injured. 

Oh i did understand your point, it is of course valid. They look much sharper and on it than i saw in actual games they have played for the last 3 seasons.

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Oh i did understand your point, it is of course valid. They look much sharper and on it than i saw in actual games they have played for the last 3 seasons.

Good. Robbie will certainly train them harder than anyone else has at Tynecastle. 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Weakened Offender said:

Good. Robbie will certainly train them harder than anyone else has at Tynecastle. 

It goes deeper than that though, there is a freshness in the air. The squad has had a clean out through differing reasons. Robbie Gordon and Lee have injected their mind set into the club. Robbie has got a lot to prove and knows it, he has grown up and learned lessons. None of them are here for anything else but success, they have a plan and also future plans for the squad. At the moment Hearts players are being asked questions and those who show appetite are re educated. Naismith being one who has got his grass kickers on again. The squad communicates loud and clear a sign that times have changed and we are in for a treat. That is how i see and feel it. Thanks   

2 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

That's not going to last forever though we all know what you mean.