3 Hamilton Players Test Positive for Covid-19

AndyNic

Sorry lads, this may be amusing on the surface but you have to consider that it absolutely reduced the likelihood that the SPL season will complete and the likelihood that the championship season will go ahead. 

this is not good news

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iainmac

• DETTY29

• Nookie Bear

• Hagar the Horrible

Top Posters In This Topic

Hagar the Horrible

Uefa state games can be played as long as clubs have 13 players. Is this adopted by the SPFL?

Yes, but clubs can apply for games to be postponed if they feel they are being unfairly disadvantaged. These cases would be decided on a case-by-case basis by SPFL after consultation with the Joint Response Group and the Scottish Government.

hamilton should play with kids then

Hagar the Horrible
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Sorry lads, this may be amusing on the surface but you have to consider that it absolutely reduced the likelihood that the SPL season will complete and the likelihood that the championship season will go ahead. 

this is not good news

The top flight will be completed at all costs, unless celtic have a player crisis,  We are in danger of not starting, but in that case we could/should return to court, and sod the SFA rules as we wount be playing we have no need to continue as a member of the SFA

This season will be a farce and we have not kicked a ball in anger yet.  So long as some clubs die in this it will all be worth it

17 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Another step towards us not playing a single game this season. As funny as it is to watch, if the top flight clubs can’t deal and live with covid, what chance does the lower leagues have. We will play the betfred due to its TV commitments and then the game will be mothballed. 

makes me wonder if we've had to insert release clauses for new signings in the event this season can't start....

5 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Uefa state games can be played as long as clubs have 13 players. Is this adopted by the SPFL?

Yes, but clubs can apply for games to be postponed if they feel they are being unfairly disadvantaged. These cases would be decided on a case-by-case basis by SPFL after consultation with the Joint Response Group and the Scottish Government.

You might want to rephrase that comment. 😀

22 minutes ago, Zico said:

Aye, that’s the precedent set. I really, really hope some Sellick players get Covid, through no fault of their own, the week of the OF game. I’d pay good money to watch Doncaster try and squirm his way out of that one. 

He'd claim that the spectacle of the "greatest club game in the world" would have to be protected.

They're probably looking at ways to postpone it already seeing as there is no chance of fans being there to create that "unique atmosphere"  (ie. sectarian "folk songs")

10 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

We had to play a whole fecking season with kids. And still managed to win more points than Hibs.

Hagar the Horrible
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You might want to rephrase that comment. 😀

I had a 3 month ban on here for using that term with another club in mind, perhaps you are right

Hamilton should play their younger squad!  will that do?  🙂

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Boof said:

We had to play a whole fecking season with kids. And still managed to win more points than Hibs.

We had to get permission fron schools just so we could fill the bench

2 minutes ago, oi oi said:

Has it been confirmed as 3 players?  Was 3 employees earlier.  Happily lend them Budge if a director can't attend.

3 youth players apparently but the first team have been sent home and club basically closing the doors for 24hrs.

Mind you, youth players/first team at Hamilton pretty much same thing this season.

51 minutes ago, SectionN said:

If the Scottish Championship/League1&2 are not testing for Covid apart from Hearts I’m led to believe. Not a chance our league will even kick off. 

Another SPFL error.

It's not difficult, if a club can't fulfil a fixture, they lose it 3.0.

We go up this year with 87 points and a goal difference of 87.0.

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

It's not difficult, if a club can't fulfil a fixture, they lose it 3.0.

We go up this year with 87 points and a goal difference of 87.0.

That would still result in "Neilson oot" banners getting flown from planes...................

20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

this is not good news

Yep.

Careful what you wish for.

The authorities have already put it on the players not the clubs. 

Just now, oi oi said:

That would still result in "Neilson oot" banners getting flown from planes...................

Didn't get to 3 figures in goals scored.....

1 hour ago, leginten said:

It would show class. And Scottish football would resound with praise for us. Ann’s probably on the phone right now.

Hotline to Hamilton, 😏

1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

Training cancelled as per Raman tweet.

YAS. **** them. 

Not to worry we've got plenty to loan them. All they need to do is ask Ann and Robbie and between them they'll happily oblige in the premise that it's beneficial for everyone.

Jambof3tornado
56 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Have we been informed how hearts are to be punished for this yet?

3 point deduction putting us on -3 and when the league doesn't even start meaning back to back relegations.

MarkDevriesScores4
3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

3 point deduction putting us on -3 and when the league doesn't even start meaning back to back relegations.

No one would be surprised 

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

We'll be in the championship for two years.

This would not surprise me. There shouldve been some kind of contingency plan put in place before spfl season started this season so that reconstruction could happen for 21/22 if this season doesn't play out for the lower league teams. That would soften the blow for teams that were unfairly relegated when they prematurely ended last season. The teams that were punted should get back in to the league they were in for the 21/22 season. Imagine Partick don't kick a ball this year and they don't get promoted out of league 1 21/22 season? 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, SectionN said:

If the Scottish Championship/League1&2 are not testing for Covid apart from Hearts I’m led to believe. Not a chance our league will even kick off. 

Another SPFL error.

If nobody else is testing doesn’t that mean nobody will know if a teams players has Covid? 50% of younger COVIDs are asymptomatic. Therefore is there not less chance of games being called off?

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I had a 3 month ban on here for using that term with another club in mind, perhaps you are right

Hamilton should play their younger squad!  will that do?  🙂

😍  👍

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

makes me wonder if we've had to insert release clauses for new signings in the event this season can't start....

It’s in all contracts up here, article 12. 

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If nobody else is testing doesn’t that mean nobody will know if a teams players has Covid? 50% of younger COVIDs are asymptomatic. Therefore is there not less chance of games being called off?

They surely have to test when games start, they got £50k to do so. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

They surely have to test when games start, they got £50k to do so. 

I don't think the £50K came with strings. Clubs can do what they want with that money. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I don't think the £50K came with strings. Clubs can do what they want with that money. 

They had to come up with ideas, they couldn’t just spend it as they wished. They will surely need to be testing to play against top league clubs in the cups, we can’t have those teams catching it and jeopardising the Sky deal. 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53148474

Edited by Pasquale for King

As far as I am aware, Hamilton were the only Premiership club who voted in favour of reconstruction in the final indicative vote and were open about doing so.

Let's not use a scatter gun approach when dealing with our fellow clubs from the SPFL.

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Don't give them any fecking players Hearts ffs

Give them players we don't want /need.   They could help ship goals like Zlamal did for St Mirren. Few leg breakers on Killie players on Saturday

This was the club that was boasting about it's little plastic tent that disinfected players in their tunnel was it not? Don't have a picture to hand I'm afraid and were they not also claiming temperature measuring sensors in their Reception? That might have been St Midden mind you. 

Amateur stuff in the SPFL once again.

8 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

This was the club that was boasting about it's little plastic tent that disinfected players in their tunnel was it not? Don't have a picture to hand I'm afraid and were they not also claiming temperature measuring sensors in their Reception? That might have been St Midden mind you. 

Amateur stuff in the SPFL once again.

I think it was them. Didn’t Ross County buy one as well? 

What I don't understand is that we are in game week 7,  and have had incidents like this 4 out the 7 weeks (Aberdeen, boli bolingoli, St Mireen keepers and now this) yet none in England. 

How can the English premier League finish an entire season (12 games or so), arguably at a time where the virus was much more prevalent, without any incidents like this and yet the we can't do it.

What are the players / clubs doing differently?  

6 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

What I don't understand is that we are in game week 7,  and have had incidents like this 4 out the 7 weeks (Aberdeen, boli bolingoli, St Mireen keepers and now this) yet none in England. 

How can the English premier League finish an entire season (12 games or so), arguably at a time where the virus was much more prevalent, without any incidents like this and yet the we can't do it.

They're taking it seriously whereas here the players are still seeing their pals and going out drinking etc. 

3 hours ago, neilnunb said:

🤣

Can Hamilton please just shut down permanently?

The whole town... all of Lanarkshire in fact. Horrible place.

4 hours ago, SectionN said:

Another SPFL error.

Or calculated by Petrie Donky and Lawell.

Edited by Turkishcap

4 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

The SPFL should create an exceptional rule for us to play on any teams behalf. 

Let them play at Tynecastle and call them Hamiltarts. When it's Celtic that need a helping hand they to can have all our players, play at Tynecastle, and we can call them Celtic.

They're taking it seriously whereas here the players are still seeing their pals and going out drinking etc. 

Probably very close to the truth.

Anyone know if any teams in the lower divisions have yet to start training? 

Do the lower league clubs have to confirm they are ready to play without fans? Let’s be honest no fans in anytime soon with figures going back up. 

21 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Anyone know if any teams in the lower divisions have yet to start training? 

Do the lower league clubs have to confirm they are ready to play without fans? Let’s be honest no fans in anytime soon with figures going back up. 

Deadline is two hours before the first match. 

i just made that up but don’t be surprised. 😷

Foden & Greenwood? 

highlandjambo3
5 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Yes, but clubs can apply for games to be postponed if they feel they are being unfairly disadvantaged. These cases would be decided on a case-by-case basis by SPFL after consultation with the Joint Response Group Celtic and the Scottish Government.

FTFY 

Mark Connolly of Dundee Utd has been charged by the SFA with breaching Covid protocols. I believe that it is related to an incident a couple of weeks age when he refused to wear a mask in a taxi, then was abusive to the driver.

Notice of Complaint | Mark Connolly, Player, Dundee United FC

Tuesday 15 September 2020

Alleged Party in Breach: Mark Connolly, Player, Dundee United FC

Date: Monday 31 August 2020

Disciplinary Rules allegedly breached:

Disciplinary Rule 24 – A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall be subject to and shall comply with the Articles, the Laws of the Game and the rules, procedures and regulations, bye-laws and Decisions of the Scottish FA.

Disciplinary Rule 77 - A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall, at all times, act in the best interests of Association Football. Furthermore such person or body shall not act in any manner which is improper or use any one, or a combination of, violent Conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour.

Principal hearing date: Thursday 1 October 2020

Edited by Footballfirst

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, jambo89 said:

They were in proper bubbles I think, they’ve had quite a few players and managers catch it or have to isolate. 

Gorgie Boot boy

Crazy days. Will be lucky to play any games this year at this rate. I miss watching the lads even though they were not very good at collecting points.

Some hopeful good news on Sportsound is a recognition from JRG that the season can't stop start and clubs need to get through it.

But is that only the Premiership?

Some hopeful good news on Sportsound is a recognition from JRG that the season can't stop start and clubs need to get through it.

But is that only the Premiership?