• DETTY29

• Nookie Bear

• Hagar the Horrible

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Training cancelled as per Raman tweet.

YAS. **** them. 

Gordon, Boyce & Naismith on loan.

Because "they can't go to any other club for emergency loans".

Am I doing this right?

Edited by iainmac

Toxteth O'Grady
2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Am I doing this right?

Seems fair enough. Only right we help out clubs in their hour of need.

2 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Seems fair enough. Only right we help out clubs in their hour of need.

It would show class. And Scottish football would resound with praise for us. Ann’s probably on the phone right now.

3 minutes ago, leginten said:

It would show class. And Scottish football would resound with praise for us. Ann’s probably on the phone right now.

We'll probably be forced into it by the SPFL.

Also, gets them off the books for a week and "gives them game time".  What's not to like?

Edited by iainmac

South Lanarkshire is in lockdown.   Hamilton Accies are up shit creek without a substitute.

3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

We'll probably be forced into it by the SPFL.

Also, gets them off the books for a week and "gives them game time".  What's not to like?

Maybe we can supply the half-time oranges as well. Be the bigger man. Doncaster is keeping a note of all our good deeds in a ledger. Our reward will come. 

If the Scottish Championship/League1&2 are not testing for Covid apart from Hearts I’m led to believe. Not a chance our league will even kick off. 

Another SPFL error.

18 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Am I doing this right?

Another opportunity for us to occupy the moral high ground, we're going to have to build a skyscraper there at this rate!!

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

We'll be in the championship for two years.

Don't think so, we've built up so much goodwill with our soft diplomacy that teams are going to be demanding we are promoted.

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Could we fight it?

Being relegated to a league which has zero chance of being completed surely is restriction of trade?

2 minutes ago, SectionN said:

If the Scottish Championship/League1&2 are not testing for Covid apart from Hearts I’m led to believe. Not a chance our league will even kick off. 

Another SPFL error.

I don't think it's  an error, very carefully thought through to save these shitty little teams paying any wages while no fans are allowed in. We're just collateral damage, of course league reconstruction would've helped but hey ho no one wanted that!

4 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Another SPFL error.

Not sure why they don’t need to.  I thought that was what JA’s money was for, and why we are starting later with only 27 games, as clubs said they could not afford to test and play with no crowds. 

8 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

The SPFL should create an exceptional rule for us to play on any teams behalf. 

We're not allowed to play in the big league as a club - individuals, yes - no problem.

SPFL Article 99 refers.

5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Only way that happens is if there's no football, if there's no football then what difference does it make?

1 minute ago, Paolo said:

Not sure why they don’t need to.  I thought that was what JA’s money was for, and why we are starting later with only 27 games, as clubs said they could not afford to test and play with no crowds. 

Don’t think any crowds will be at games anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I don't think it's  an error, very carefully thought through to save these shitty little teams paying any wages while no fans are allowed in. We're just collateral damage, of course league reconstruction would've helped but hey ho no one wanted that!

Good point.

SPFL putting the boot in again.

3 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Could we fight it?

Being relegated to a league which has zero chance of being completed surely is restriction of trade?

That ship has sailed.

The club / FoH  had the opportunity to down that road but chose the Company Law route instead. Presumably on legal advice received.

27 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Am I doing this right?

Naismith especially could do with the game time 😃

8 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Another SPFL error.

There’s amateur and kids football being played up and down the country since last weekend so can’t see how that would be allowed and they’d stop pro football playing. No crowds allowed at either so it’s surely the same thing. 

2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

He's "carrying an injury". 😄

1 minute ago, Russ1977 said:

Liar !!!

Or in his case probably true

Edited by The Treasurer

11 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Precedent set. No postponing of games (unless the 3 players were caught breaking the rules)

This seems to be the way it's done.

Your players caught Covid but didn't break any rules - then you have to play

Your players caught Covid by breaking the rules - we'll postpone your game until you are back at full strength

NaturalOrder74
13 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Precedent set. No postponing of games (unless the 3 players were caught breaking the rules)

😂😂 if you don’t laugh you’d cry 

5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Your players caught Covid by breaking the rules - we'll postpone your game until you are back at full strength

4 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

😂😂 if you don’t laugh you’d cry 

It's an absolute shambles.

It will get shut down through sheer incompetence, and Scotland will watch on as the rest of the world plays on!

1 minute ago, jambo89 said:

It's an absolute shambles.

It will get shut down through sheer incompetence, and Scotland will watch on as the rest of the world plays on!

Doncaster’s probably got his bonus for the Sky deal and as long as Celtic are at top of league Job done. 

6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Aye, that’s the precedent set. I really, really hope some Sellick players get Covid, through no fault of their own, the week of the OF game. I’d pay good money to watch Doncaster try and squirm his way out of that one. 

Another step towards us not playing a single game this season. As funny as it is to watch, if the top flight clubs can’t deal and live with covid, what chance does the lower leagues have. We will play the betfred due to its TV commitments and then the game will be mothballed. 

14 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

There’s amateur and kids football being played up and down the country since last weekend so can’t see how that would be allowed and they’d stop pro football playing. No crowds allowed at either so it’s surely the same thing. 

Closed door friendlies only, no leagues have started.

Just now, busby1985 said:

Another step towards us not playing a single game this season. As funny as it is to watch, if the top flight clubs can’t deal and live with covid, what chance does the lower leagues have. We will play the betfred due to its TV commitments and then the game will be mothballed. 

Totally. We knew this would happen. Screwed over big style.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Yep

4 minutes ago, Zico said:

Aye, that’s the precedent set. I really, really hope some Sellick players get Covid, through no fault of their own, the week of the OF game. I’d pay good money to watch Doncaster try and squirm his way out of that one. 

Can you imagine! That would be glorious.

4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Sadly, we can see it coming! 

6 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

People from Hamilton obviously don't understand proper use of facemasks.

Twits.

They probably share them.