Hearts's relationship with other clubs

jager man

With the fiasco regarding the loaning of Bobby to St mirren its got me thinking.

Should the club be dealing with other clubs who stabbed in Hearts in the back?

Initially my thoughts were we should have nothing to do with any of them. But does that mean we don't buy players from any of these clubs. As buying players from these clubs is funding them, where as we made money all be it pennies from Bobby's loan. 

Does that mean no more colin cameron, Paul Hartley and Neil mcCann type signings? So if we spot an exceptional talent in a lower division so called rebel club we don't entertain the club?

My view is the fans should still remember these clubs who have shafted us and punish them accordingly by not turning up in numbers, but I think the club should carry on as before as it could actually cost us in the long term if we can only buy talent from Partick, Falkirk  and ICT.  

Is it time to separate the mind set of the fans with those of the people running the club 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• iainmac

• Spellczech

It may stick in the craw but the club needs to have some form of relationship with some of these clubs.

As a football fan I do not need to. It will be Only Hearts. I literally wouldn’t piss on any on any other club (with the notable exceptions) if they were on fire.

I hopefully have many happy years left on this earth. The vast majority of Scottish clubs will not see a penny of my money while I’m still here.

Gorgie Boot boy

This topic is mental, soon as Hearts start playing football for prizes the focus will shift onto the support of the football side. Hopefully , surely ? Doyle is on loan at Kilmarnock , not sure if i have forgiven them or Hearts for their shite police at the old Rugby park, i am not sure if anyone got stick for Him joining them , are they on the supposed Boycott list. ?. Madness.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy
add more information

been here before

"Boycott

Only Hearts

**** the SFA

**** the SPFL

**** those clubs who tried to kill us.

Siege mentality

Deal with Partick, Inverness

Maroon pound"

Blah blah etc...

Obivously anyone disagreeing is a Hobo, a club lackey or a Levein apologist.

I’m sure some fans would rather have zero football, as a way of hurting other clubs, than just get on with things. 

A league of Hearts, Partick, ICT and Stranraer ain’t that exciting.

7 hours ago, jager man said:

With the fiasco regarding the loaning of Bobby to St mirren its got me thinking.

Initially my thoughts were we should have nothing to do with any of them. But does that mean we don't buy players from any of these clubs. As buying players from these clubs is funding them, where as we made money all be it pennies from Bobby's loan. 

Does that mean no more colin cameron, Paul Hartley and Neil mcCann type signings? So if we spot an exceptional talent in a lower division so called rebel club we don't entertain the club?

My view is the fans should still remember these clubs who have shafted us and punish them accordingly by not turning up in numbers, but I think the club should carry on as before as it could actually cost us in the long term if we can only buy talent from Partick, Falkirk  and ICT.  

Is it time to separate the mind set of the fans with those of the people running the club 

A sizeable number of our fans will always rule with heart over their head. Its not practical to cut all ties with clubs, at least not at boardroom level. By all means, don't go to their grounds and if you do, don't spend any extra cash while there but we will always need to do business with them. Its impossible not to.

The fans have the right to treat other clubs as they see fit, no doubt about that.

however, as a member of the SFA/SPFL the club have to deal with all other clubs in some way. 

To do anything else would only result in our club being isolated and continue to be shafted by the authorities both on and off the pitch.

If that means lending a shite 3rd choice keeper to a hated club, so be it

7 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It may stick in the craw but the club needs to have some form of relationship with some of these clubs.

As a football fan I do not need to. It will be Only Hearts. I literally wouldn’t piss on any on any other club (with the notable exceptions) if they were on fire.

I hopefully have many happy years left on this earth. The vast majority of Scottish clubs will not see a penny of my money while I’m still here.

Exactly this, astounding other people don’t see it. Saying that it isn’t really a surprise as some will literally use anything to have a go at the club, AB or RN. As fans we w

should use only hearts as extremely as possible while allowing the club to remain professional and build bridges. Being isolated will only hurt us. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

You don’t need a relationship with the clubs to buy players from them. Offer the asking price and you’ll get them.

And anyway, that’s deflection from the fact that we should not have helped St Mirren or the SPFL out of the ridiculous hole they were in. Anyone saying otherwise is, once again, merely making excuses for Budge’s consistently poor judgement.

Pretty much how it’s going to be. 

As much as we want Budge to refuse to give seats to visiting directors, or promote joint ventures with Dempster, that’s how business is. 

Leave the petty, mindless, stuff to us. 

Quite simply, we do everything in a professional manner. Everything we do should be to Hearts benefit first and foremost. Nothing should be done in any way to assist the running of the ruling bodies unless it benefits  Hearts. Dealings with all other clubs should be on that basis as well.  That should be our mantra from now on.

Its certainly sticking in my craw and im with you on this.

46 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The fans have the right to treat other clubs as they see fit, no doubt about that.

however, as a member of the SFA/SPFL the club have to deal with all other clubs in some way. 

To do anything else would only result in our club being isolated and continue to be shafted by the authorities both on and off the pitch.

If that means lending a shite 3rd choice keeper to a hated club, so be it

If the shoe was on the other foot St Mirren would not have reciprocated neither would any of the other clubs that have bad mouthed Hearts during this fiasco , poor judgement by Hearts , Hearts decision maker just didn’t have to answer the phone plenty of them used this tactic when AB was trying to get reconstruction up and running 

Buying players from clubs isn’t a favour to them. Loaning them players when they’re up shit creek is.

I don’t give a toss if I sound bitter. We should’ve told the Paisley manks to bolt!

Do what the old squirm do with us and offer them buttons for their players.    Other than that I will just do what I do and support the club I love regardless of what others think of us, as my old Maw used to say “ they can go an whinnel their humph wi a wheerie “

Don’t know what it means but it always makes me chuckle .

Robbie is trying to arrange friendlies against lower league sides so will probably involve some of the clubs who voted us down. We have already played St Mirren and he will want to play the teams who will test us and not bother with the politics. I guess this is why we will be fan owned but not run. We are in a fight for survival and need to hit the ground running on October 17 and that is all that matters to the team. But I will boycott the away games which is important to me on a point of principle. We must move on as fans but never forget. 

manaliveits105
42 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Quite simply, we do everything in a professional manner. Everything we do should be to Hearts benefit first and foremost. Nothing should be done in any way to assist the running of the ruling bodies unless it benefits  Hearts. Dealings with all other clubs should be on that basis as well.  That should be our mantra from now on.

This and when we get the opportunity to harm other clubs who harmed us we should take it without a second thought and hubz would top that list 

The fact that the Doyle loan to Kilmarnock wasn't met with the same reaction as the Zlamal loan to St Mirren shows that those criticising the latter are not total zealots who don't understand the need to have dealings with other clubs.

The difference was clear and lots of us were able to make the distinction. The Doyle transfer clearly had a benefit to us as well as Kilmarnock, moving on a player on a higher wage who wasn't going to get game time and replacing him with a cheaper option.

The Zlamal loan has an absolutely negligible benefit to us and a significant benefit to St Mirren. It could be accurately described as doing them a favour. How do we know that? Well the St Mirren manager described it as us doing them a favour. You'll notice that isn't normal in transfers between clubs. I don't expect that when Hickey finally joins Bologna that they will thank of for our understanding and say they owe us one.

All that most of those criticising the club at the moment ask is that when we do have dealings with the clubs that happily threw us under the bus over the summer (funnily not giving a second thought to the mythical need to have a relationship with us, build bridges, or act professionally) that we do so on the basis of mutual benefit.

Edited by Saint Jambo

20 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Do what the old squirm do with us and offer them buttons for their players.    Other than that I will just do what I do and support the club I love regardless of what others think of us, as my old Maw used to say “ they can go an whinnel their humph wi a wheerie

Don’t know what it means but it always makes me chuckle .

I'm not surprised she didn't give you a detailed explanation.

:vrwow:

Screenshot_20200915-091303~2.png

we as fans can only generally only control our actions (in extreme cases protests outside grounds can hasten board action).

boycotting away grounds will hit other clubs in the pocket.

players and managers broadly speaking are pretty transient, knowing on average they'll only be at a club for maybe 3 years tops. managers especially could find themselves with limited options if they start to become uncooperative with other managers...

40 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

If the shoe was on the other foot St Mirren would not have reciprocated neither would any of the other clubs that have bad mouthed Hearts during this fiasco , poor judgement by Hearts , Hearts decision maker just didn’t have to answer the phone plenty of them used this tactic when AB was trying to get reconstruction up and running 

You may be right about other clubs.

I prefer my club to act with a bit of class and professionalism.

Not that it really matters but can you imagine the reaction of the media if we had told midden to f-off

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Not that it really matters but can you imagine the reaction of the media if we had told midden to f-off

Really stopped paying any attention to anything the media have to say about us. We’ve had well over a decade of often manufactured negative stories about us. 

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

Really stopped paying any attention to anything the media have to say about us. We’ve had well over a decade of often manufactured negative stories about us. 

I totally agree.

I'm more thinking of how potential sponsors see us.

Would you want to invest in a spineless petty wee club that does what 2 bigger clubs tell them or a club that stands up for it's self and acts with dignity in spite of being shafted by their so called fellow professionals

MarkDevriesScores4

It’s not about not buying or transacting with other clubs. It’s about not bailing out clubs who openly and proudly dismissed and mocked us. There is a difference. 

selling bobby to St Mirren would be fine, no one would care. Giving them a free keeper when they are desperate and the SPFL are desperate to keep Celtic games going ahead is not the same thing. 

we are mugs for sending bobby. It shouldn’t have happened. 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Pretty much how it’s going to be. 

As much as we want Budge to refuse to give seats to visiting directors, or promote joint ventures with Dempster, that’s how business is. 

Leave the petty, mindless, stuff to us.

:thumbsup:

Just now, The Treasurer said:

I totally agree.

I'm more thinking of how potential sponsors see us.

Would you want to invest in a spineless petty wee club that does what 2 bigger clubs tell them or a club that stands up for it's self and acts with dignity in spite of being shafted by their so called fellow professionals

Total professionalism from us but ensuring that everything we do from now on is to our benefit and nobody else’s should be our way forward. I don’t think we should be petty, but we should always remember those who sought to do us harm, who mocked us and derided us at every turn. We should not be doing “favours” for these people under any circumstances, especially in the short term. I have no doubt relationships with most clubs will go onto an “even keel”. There are those though who acted in a vindictive, duplicative and thoroughly despicable manner. That should never be forgotten.

Just now, Deevers said:

Total professionalism from us but ensuring that everything we do from now on is to our benefit and nobody else’s should be our way forward. I don’t think we should be petty, but we should always remember those who sought to do us harm, who mocked us and derided us at every turn. We should not be doing “favours” for these people under any circumstances, especially in the short term. I have no doubt relationships with most clubs will go onto an “even keel”. There are those though who acted in a vindictive, duplicative and thoroughly despicable manner. That should never be forgotten.

Agree with all this

14 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I just think stonewalling would have been an effective way of showing that we are willing to talk but not drop our drawers all the way to the floor , can be professional and classy just seems like we get a whiff of Chardonnay and end up wi the walk o shame 

15 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

It’s not about not buying or transacting with other clubs. It’s about not bailing out clubs who openly and proudly dismissed and mocked us. There is a difference. 

selling bobby to St Mirren would be fine, no one would care. Giving them a free keeper when they are desperate and the SPFL are desperate to keep Celtic games going ahead is not the same thing. 

we are mugs for sending bobby. It shouldn’t have happened. 

Correct. Absolutely no reason St Mirren couldn't have got a 3rd or 4th choice keeper from one of the Old Firm or even a 2nd choice from any other championship, L1 or L2 club.

Why we were so eager to do these ***** a favour is beyond me. 

It shouldn't be as big a deal as it has been made to be, but unfortunately this is symptomatic of the whole club over the past few years. Peak Budge-era Hearts.

MarkDevriesScores4
13 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

Correct. Absolutely no reason St Mirren couldn't have got a 3rd or 4th choice keeper from one of the Old Firm or even a 2nd choice from any other championship, L1 or L2 club.

Why we were so eager to do these ***** a favour is beyond me. 

It shouldn't be as big a deal as it has been made to be, but unfortunately this is symptomatic of the whole club over the past few years. Peak Budge-era Hearts.

Totally agree.

Every action the club makes is under the microscope and criticised by fans and the reason for that is 4years of appalling decisions. The fan’s anxiety is understandably high given the mess that has occurred and people are concerned.

Over reaction? Maybe. Can understand the reasons why though.

its about time the club started making some good decisions that do not relate to catering.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You don’t need a relationship with the clubs to buy players from them. Offer the asking price and you’ll get them.

And anyway, that’s deflection from the fact that we should not have helped St Mirren or the SPFL out of the ridiculous hole they were in. Anyone saying otherwise is, once again, merely making excuses for Budge’s consistently poor judgement.

Come on, you know fine well it will have been the CEO who signed off Bobby's loan and whilst you can lay that at Budge's door because she employed him and gave him the remit of building bridges, you cannot say it was Budge directly who was responsible. It is too simplistic and you know it.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Come on, you know fine well it will have been the CEO who signed off Bobby's loan and whilst you can lay that at Budge's door because she employed him and gave him the remit of building bridges, you cannot say it was Budge directly who was responsible. It is too simplistic and you know it.

It’s all part and parcel of the regime and the environment she’s created 

Let’s use some common sense here.......

As an example.....Hearts and Raith have always had an excellent relationship.......just because the current sitting Chairman/Owner/Board acted in a way we don’t agree with we simply cannot and should not add Raith Rovers Football Club to the block list for eternity.

We are going to need a lot of these clubs to work with us at some point in the future.

Keep you’re friends close and your enemies closer.......

Edited by DH1986

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, jager man said:

When was the last time we found a diamond in the rough? The last time we were in the Championship there was no player from any other team that would’ve improved us, including Hibs and Rangers. We took one the highest scorers in that league in Gavin Reilly and he wasn’t up to it. How many guys from the lower leagues are playing at the top level in a team comparable to ours right now? Nisbet, Shankland, any others?
Those days are gone. If we need to deal with a club that voted to demote us it should be to tell them we are talking to their best player in January to sign a pre contract, like signing Obika for example to give us a different option when we return to the top league.

We can forge relationships with the other teams who didn’t vote to demote us, give them players on loan and if they do somehow have a decent prospect we will have an advantage to sign him. 
It can be done, it won’t though as the club seem more determined to build bridges with the organisation that has punished us more than any other. We now have a manager and CEO that are part of the group, at a time where the governance of the game is rightly being slated from all sides and badly needs revamped. 

39 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

I just think stonewalling would have been an effective way of showing that we are willing to talk but not drop our drawers all the way to the floor , can be professional and classy just seems like we get a whiff of Chardonnay and end up wi the walk o shame 

Everyone sees this in their own way, I just think people are making way too much of this.I just don't see it as that big a deal

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s all part and parcel of the regime and the environment she’s created 

She's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

-She tried to inititiate change in the SPFL by joining the board - she got kicked off it rather unceremoniously.

-She tried to build relationships with clubs outside of the OF (namely Dempster at Hibs) only for the Hobos American owner to destroy that.

-She tried to clean our house by asking, begging and then banning certain unsavoury elements of the support. She got lambasted on social media, and bridges got vandalised.

-She tried to defend the club in court and via the SFA arbitration only to find the rules were fixed against clubs doing that.

All of the above were done while getting criticism from  some fans for every action and perceived inaction.

I've got to ask: What the hell do other Hearts fans actually want from their owner, their club hierarchy?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

The fact that the Doyle loan to Kilmarnock wasn't met with the same reaction as the Zlamal loan to St Mirren shows that those criticising the latter are not total zealots who don't understand the need to have dealings with other clubs.

The difference was clear and lots of us were able to make the distinction. The Doyle transfer clearly had a benefit to us as well as Kilmarnock, moving on a player on a higher wage who wasn't going to get game time and replacing him with a cheaper option.

The Zlamal loan has an absolutely negligible benefit to us and a significant benefit to St Mirren. It could be accurately described as doing them a favour. How do we know that? Well the St Mirren manager described it as us doing them a favour. You'll notice that isn't normal in transfers between clubs. I don't expect that when Hickey finally joins Bologna that they will thank of for our understanding and say they owe us one.

All that most of those criticising the club at the moment ask is that when we do have dealings with the clubs that happily threw us under the bus over the summer (funnily not giving a second thought to the mythical need to have a relationship with us, build bridges, or act professionally) that we do so on the basis of mutual benefit.

Spot on. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We may not find it palatable as staunch and hurt supporters. 

Never a more true saying and particularly in football .

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer 

2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

-She tried to inititiate change in the SPFL by joining the board - she got kicked off it rather unceremoniously.

-She tried to build relationships with clubs outside of the OF (namely Dempster at Hibs) only for the Hobos American owner to destroy that.

-She tried to clean our house by asking, begging and then banning certain unsavoury elements of the support. She got lambasted on social media, and bridges got vandalised.

-She tried to defend the club in court and via the SFA arbitration only to find the rules were fixed against clubs doing that.

All of the above were done while getting criticism from  some fans for every action and perceived inaction.

I've got to ask: What the hell do other Hearts fans actually want from their owner, their club hierarchy?

Narrow mindedness that many wouldn't, or wouldn't be allowed to do in their day to day life......?

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

All that list is correct and the right things to do, it’s the other stuff that has been an absolute shambles that she is rightly criticised for. The time it took to get rid of the charlatan that has seen us regress back to where it started and the new stand which has been a shambles from start to nearly finish. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

There's a massive difference between acting professionally and doing a club a favour. We did the later. It's not the player or the club we loaned to, it's the act itself that was a low blow to the fans. 

We basically bailed out 3 clubs (Celtic, Hibs and St Mirren), the spfl and the JRG in one go. It makes me sick to my stomach that we've helped those 3 clubs and the authorities after the way they've treated us. As a professional approach we had every right to say no as we need our squad together while we complete pre season training, there didn't need to be any indication that it was in relation to our relegation.

Its clear as day Ann Budge and the board are now building bridges and that's their call. What they have to understand is we the fans won't forget and forgiveness is a long way off. We will make it very clear to these clubs and the authorities what we think and Ann would be best letting us get on with it, we don't want to see lengthy statements or school teacher like lectures this is an angry fan base and her best approach is to let us vent our anger or that anger may turn inward and we need no more of that behaviour going forward.

The club in my eyes have now relinquished any rights to use the 'Only Hearts' mantra the fans own it and we know how to use it.

Edited by Rudy T

Dusk_Till_Dawn
21 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

A better football team.

25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

When was the last time we found a diamond in the rough? The last time we were in the Championship there was no player from any other team that would’ve improved us, including Hibs and Rangers. We took one the highest scorers in that league in Gavin Reilly and he wasn’t up to it. How many guys from the lower leagues are playing at the top level in a team comparable to ours right now? Nisbet, Shankland, any others?
Those days are gone. If we need to deal with a club that voted to demote us it should be to tell them we are talking to their best player in January to sign a pre contract, like signing Obika for example to give us a different option when we return to the top league.

We can forge relationships with the other teams who didn’t vote to demote us, give them players on loan and if they do somehow have a decent prospect we will have an advantage to sign him. 
It can be done, it won’t though as the club seem more determined to build bridges with the organisation that has punished us more than any other. We now have a manager and CEO that are part of the group, at a time where the governance of the game is rightly being slated from all sides and badly needs revamped. 

So you don't believe we should buy any players from any the clubs who shafted us? For how long? for ever? 

So someone who's rattling in the goals at a lesser club and who wants to come and potentially could be a Hearts fan. You say we should wait till they are out of contract and get them nothing. 

We are all angry at the way we've been treated but come on we have to run a professional football club.

26 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Spot on!

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, jager man said:

So you don't believe we should buy any players from any the clubs who shafted us? For how long? for ever? 

So someone who's rattling in the goals at a lesser club and who wants to come and potentially could be a Hearts fan. You say we should wait till they are out of contract and get them nothing. 

We are all angry at the way we've been treated but come on we have to run a professional football club.

Could you name the last time this actually happened, who have we actually bought from a lower level club, never mind a success this century? Mulraney in terms of profit was a success, but we won a watch there. I just don’t think it happens nowadays because there are no secrets or frankly good players down there these days. The big clubs hoard that many players at youth level now you’re more likely to get their cast offs, like Hickey than sign a Wighton. Practically every team in the top league has ex OF players, Hibs seem to thrive on getting our cast offs for example (Cummings/Shaw/Doig). 

Edited by Pasquale for King

46 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

There's a massive difference between acting professionally and doing a club a favour. We did the later. It's not the player or the club we loaned to, it's the act itself that was a low blow to the fans. 

We basically bailed out 3 clubs (Celtic, Hibs and St Mirren), the spfl and the JRG in one go. It makes me sick to my stomach that we've helped those 3 clubs and the authorities after the way they've treated us. As a professional approach we had every right to say no as we need our squad together while we complete pre season training, there didn't needn't to be any indication that it was in relation to our relegation.

Its clear as day Ann Budge and the board are now building bridges and that's their call. What they have to understand is we the fans won't forget and forgiveness is a long way off. We will make it very clear to these clubs and the authorities what we think and Ann would be best letting us get on with it, we don't want to see lengthy statements or school teacher like lectures this is an angry fan base and her best approach is to let us vent our anger or that anger may turn onwards and we need no more of that behaviour going forward.

The club in my eyes have now relinquished any rights to use the 'Only Hearts' mantra the fans own it and we know how to use it.

Sorry but the vindictiveness is our right and reserve as fans. It should not be the way forward for the club. Seems like people are all raging because a social media or marketing person at Hearts jumped on the "Only Hearts" bandwagon, and so they all feel betrayed. I doubt this "Only Hearts" tagline was ever sanctioned by the Board. People are being far too prickly and narrow-minded about all this.  

If the CEO has rebuilt some bridges, banked some favours from all those clubs and committees you list, and all for the cost of sending our 2nd/3rd choice GK out on loan for a week then sorry, but you are all wrong, and that is an absolute blinder of a tiny little bit of business...

30 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Could you name the last time this actually happened, who have we actually bought from a lower level club, never mind a success this century? Mulraney in terms of profit was a success, but we won a watch there. I just don’t think it happens nowadays because there are no secrets or frankly good players down there these days. The big clubs hoard that many players at youth level now you’re more likely to get their cast offs, like Hickey than sign a Wighton. Practically every team in the top league has ex OF players, Hibs seem to thrive on getting our cast offs for example (Cummings/Shaw/Doig). 

Agree that we haven't had many lately but that's mainly down to levein policy of buying guff from abroad or England. There will definitely be players we are interested in in the next few years. We have missed a number of players in the last few years who with a better scouting department  could have signed before they got a move. What about nisbet or McGinn who went to hibs, Taylor to Celtic, Christie to Celtic, shankland to united, Ferguson to Aberdeen.