Recovering a word document deleted from recycle bin

Last Laff

Ex (seriously) asking for help.  I’ve tried to recover the documents folder but there’s no previous version available (Windows 8 a complete shitemare) nothing has been turned on to save stuff or even restore previous version of Windows.  I’m thinking there must be something saved under auto recovery but can’t find sod all.

Any ideas welcome? 

22 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Ex (seriously) asking for help.  I’ve tried to recover the documents folder but there’s no previous version available (Windows 8 a complete shitemare) nothing has been turned on to save stuff or even restore previous version of Windows.  I’m thinking there must be something saved under auto recovery but can’t find sod all.

Any ideas welcome? 

Aye, tell her to **** off

I presume you've Googled this.  

I can see various bits of software claiming to be able to do it!

There are also some entries about doing it "without software."   

I googled the following - "recover deleted files from recycle bin after empty without software"

27 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

I presume you've Googled this.  

I can see various bits of software claiming to be able to do it!

There are also some entries about doing it "without software."   

I googled the following - "recover deleted files from recycle bin after empty without software"

yeah Googled it managed to get the restore previous version on the files that are hidden in windows 8 but no luck at all and she won’t have a clue what software to get and the pc will become as riddled as her 😂

Tune up utilities can do this to varying degrees of success. It's what I use for maintenance on my laptop. Really depends how long ago and how much you've saved on your drive since. 

Deleting a document from your recycle bin doesn't actually get rid of it. It tells your hard drive that space is now free space to be overwritten. It's once it is overwritten it is almost impossible to recover

Maybe an autosave in either of:

C:\Users\her username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Word

C:\Users\her username\AppData\Local\Temp

Need to turn on hidden files in the view options to see those directories though. Or type it manually into the address bar bit.