Pumping the muppet men out the semi...

taylor75

2 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Good to see people starting to get their heads around this. Thankfully we are now past the “should it go ahead” or “we should withdraw” stuff. It’s going ahead, whether it should be or not. Since it is going ahead, we now need to think about how important it is.

We are two games away from a cup. With everything that has been done to us, to win the Scottish Cup would be a bigger GIRUY than all the boycotts or off the field campaigns we could organise. 

Winning it would be something back. Finally taking something back from Scottish football after they’ve ****ed us over so many times. Not a hand out, not a pay off, just Hearts going out there and taking what we deserve for ourselves. **** letting those mutants have another shot at the Scottish Cup. 

The fans of this club have given so much, it’s time HMFC gave a little back, and the Scottish Cup is a great place to start. I don’t want extra tickets, refunds or vouchers for pies, I want silverware, and the three teams left in this competition are teams that I want to beat more than most. Time for a bit of payback, and we need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves. It’s time to start dishing out the second prizes to our competitors now.

Totally agree mate. Would send the perfect message to Doncaster and his masters at Celtic. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Smoked-Glass

• Wee Mikey

• martoon

3 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Good to see people starting to get their heads around this. Thankfully we are now past the “should it go ahead” or “we should withdraw” stuff. It’s going ahead, whether it should be or not. Since it is going ahead, we now need to think about how important it is.

We are two games away from a cup. With everything that has been done to us, to win the Scottish Cup would be a bigger GIRUY than all the boycotts or off the field campaigns we could organise. 

Winning it would be something back. Finally taking something back from Scottish football after they’ve ****ed us over so many times. Not a hand out, not a pay off, just Hearts going out there and taking what we deserve for ourselves. **** letting those mutants have another shot at the Scottish Cup. 

The fans of this club have given so much, it’s time HMFC gave a little back, and the Scottish Cup is a great place to start. I don’t want extra tickets, refunds or vouchers for pies, I want silverware, and the three teams left in this competition are teams that I want to beat more than most. Time for a bit of payback, and we need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves. It’s time to start dishing out the second prizes to our competitors now.

Good post and spot on.

Agree with the above.

My only two concerns is that firstly we'll have a lack of game-time compared to them so they would be expected to be sharper and fitter, especially if their confidence is up with the decent start to the season they've had. Secondly, with Souttar out, Berra injured and Halkett not natural in that position we really need to get a dominant center half in. The strongest part of their team is their attack, last thing we need is to be pulled around at the back by the likes of Boyle and others, and at corners or free kicks etc. we will need someone solid in the air, it's also a good attacking option up the other end if we get corners etc. Apart from that, it would be very satisfying indeed to knock them off their perch.

It won't be scrapped if the SFA can stop that from happening. They've already engraved Celtic's name on the base of the trophy. No-one else will win it, refs will be briefed to make sure it won't happen. The Hearts/Hibs game is nothing more than going through the motions.

Edited by jambonian

4 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Tremendous post.

Where is this ‘championship on ice’ rumour coming from ? Any links ? I can see how League 1 & 2 might not go ahead but surely the championship can proceed. If clubs start going under during the season there are plenty rules and apparatus to deal with that. As we know from experience. Losing  this season, even the shortened version were getting, would put us in deep trouble

2 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

Totally agree mate. Would send the perfect message to Doncaster and his masters at Celtic. 

Problem is with winning the SC is that Promotion/Relegation with then definately be scrapped.  It would be that slippery fat **** Lawell's way of getting back at us. 

Heart of Darkness
51 minutes ago, jambonian said:

It won't be scrapped if the SFA can stop that from happening. They've already engraved Celtic's name on the base of the trophy. No-one else will win it, refs will be briefed to make sure it won't happen. The Hearts/Hibs game is nothing more than going through the motions.

Aye that would be funny if they had to cross out Celtic & engrave Hearts next to it!! 😆😆

Just now, Heart of Darkness said:

Aye that would be funny if they had to cross out Celtic & engrave Hearts next to it!! 😆😆

Aye! lol

Imagine the SPFL and SFA faces!

I'm sure Celtic will be awarded an offside goal at least and probably a penalty that isn't no matter who they play.

Heart of Darkness
57 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Aye! lol

Imagine the SPFL and SFA faces!

I'm sure Celtic will be awarded an offside goal at least and probably a penalty that isn't no matter who they play.

You are correct in your assumption!! 😤

😆😆

Heart of Darkness
1 minute ago, Heart of Darkness said:

You are correct in your assumption!! 😤

😆😆

Whatever happens let's make sure that we go out and give them another embarrassing defeat!! 🤜💥

Hearts till I die!! ♥️

WoolfordsHearts
4 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Problem is with winning the SC is that Promotion/Relegation with then definately be scrapped.  It would be that slippery fat **** Lawell's way of getting back at us. 

I could very easily live with that problem.

9 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

H I B  

ERN

IAN

THE MUPPET MEN 

dara ra ra ra ra ra ra ra 

one of the great songs  in Scottish football and so true.

FTH 

And Alex Miller and his Muppet Men got ****ed on New Years Day 

also a gid wan :flagwave:

been here before

Can you hear the Hearts fans sing

The Hibees ran away...

19 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

And Alex Millers Muppet Men got ****ed on New Years Day 

Some of these songs bring back great memories. 

The muppet men was a particular favourite of mine. 

That and by the lights are sadly missed these days. 

3 hours ago, Rods said:

Some of these songs bring back great memories. 

The muppet men was a particular favourite of mine. 

That and by the lights are sadly missed these days. 

Silvery Moon is still sung. Sang it frequently in recent seasons, with many doing likewise. Not heard the Muppet Men songs in years though. Think after the 1998 Cup Final in the Ardmillan Hotel may have been the last time? 🤷‍♂️

I said it the other day on here regarding the Championship going ahead as even the SPFL isn’t  that unbelievably stupid to delay our season and we end up playing Hibs with no games before it..

However I wouldn’t put it past the SPFL to ‘review’ the situation in the first week of November if Hibs beat us...

10 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Silvery Moon is still sung. Sang it frequently in recent seasons, with many doing likewise. Not heard the Muppet Men songs in years though. Think after the 1998 Cup Final in the Ardmillan Hotel may have been the last time? 🤷‍♂️

I have heard it a couple of times defo but not the full stadium. 

Bazzas right boot

Two games from a sc win, if that were to play out it would be glorious. 

However, even although it is hibs, they are heavy favourites, even if the gap between the actual teams and  us being in the championship is  narrow, the fact we've still to kick a ball and they'll be a quarter of the season in is massively in their favour.

They'll also be used to "top flight quality" games were as we'll Likley have played teams with barley a squad and hibs will be by far the best team we've played upto then. The fitness and intensity alone will be a level or two above what we would have played in for 7 months. 

We can, and I think will beat hibs, butif they do beat us it should not be a stick to beat the team with, admit it or not but outside of Hearts, Hibs will be heavy favourites and if they don't win it's a much bigger failure for them than it would be for us not to win. 

I'm quietly confident but if anything the lack of games could be the stinger, absolute shambles that they are allowed to build up that advantage over a team Tbh. 

A second sc final in a row would be sweet. 

Winning it would almost make even  2 years in the championship nothing more than a blip. 

The covid uncertainty is also an issue, either team could have a positive test and wreck their plans, more Likley for us as we'll play 4/5 teams that don't need to test before we play them, while they are playing in a more protected environment - another advantage for them. 

Chances of us losing half the team to a + covid test? 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Hibs players looking jaded today they have 2 league games to play plus league cup games and a thin squad. I get the feeling that this Semi Final is coming at a perfect time for us who will have played 6 competitive matches by then. We will be full of running they may be running on empty. 

On 26/09/2020 at 10:18, Sherbet said:

If celtic lose to aberdeen the cup.will be abandoned 

Quite right too.  Public safety has to come first.

Good stuff. Scotland v Wales in the 6 Nations followed by Hearts v Hibs, all on the BBC. Should be a pretty good Halloween. And then we can look forward to the best Christmas ever as we defy all the odds to win the Scottish Cup again.

I would urge all supporters irrelevant of if you would have attended this game or not and I would have been one of them to tell them to ram it because of the way we have been shafted to donate the cost of your ticket to the FOH. Let's say 23000 tickets at 25 quid a head. That would bring in around  £575000 which would be incredible. Just a suggestion as I will defo be doing this. 

On 13/09/2020 at 20:09, taylor75 said:

Giveing them a head start and we have still not even kicked of our  leauge campaign yet .Could this  be better than the 5-1 ?

Where are you getting your confidence from ? 

I take it there's an abundance of it,  plenty to go round ?

Im not buying into this, that up and coming semi final is going to be very difficult.

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Beating Hibs would just mean a hammering from Celtic in an empty stadium. Tbh I don't even care that much.

Beating Hibs would mean an almighty battle against Aberdeen in an empty stadium, now that's confidence for you 😁

Italian Lambretta
8 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

I would urge all supporters irrelevant of if you would have attended this game or not and I would have been one of them to tell them to ram it because of the way we have been shafted to donate the cost of your ticket to the FOH. Let's say 23000 tickets at 25 quid a head. That would bring in around  £575000 which would be incredible. Just a suggestion as I will defo be doing this. 

There will be no fans at the semi finals

24 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Good shout re FoH donations. 

Guest ToqueJambo
36 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Great idea. Then do it again for the final.

And if Callum Paterson really is available for 500k, which I doubt, we should use it for that ! Although, wages etc.

I’ll be donating the ticket price to FoH. It’s a good idea. People can choose to do whatever they want, but a wee boost to the club’s coffers could make all the difference.

2 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

There will be no fans at the semi finals

Bet you they are desperately trying to get some sort of trial for fans to attend one of the semi finals.

Unfortunately, it will only be a valid trial for one half of the stadium, and only for fans travelling from within 5 miles on the Sunday.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Beating Hibs would just mean a hammering from Celtic in an empty stadium. Tbh I don't even care that much.

Aye, much better getting beat, not only giving up the chance of a sc win but giving hibs a chance to win it. 

That's a plan. 

Tbh, If you don't care much about getting to sc finals and can't stomach a hammering from the OF then Scottish football and Hearts ain't for you. 😂

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, dannymack said:

Where are you getting your confidence from ? 

I take it there's an abundance of it,  plenty to go round ?

Im not buying into this, that up and coming semi final is going to be very difficult.

I think he means any win will be better than the 5-1 given the circumstances. 

Not actually bettering that score line... 

alwaysthereinspirit

Originally I wanted us to having nothing to do with this fixture.

Now that its real and happening.

I will cream my pants when we eliminate them from last seasons Scottish cup.

I've never been concerned about playing Hibs, and I'm not going to start now.

Hearts supporters expect to win a derby, Hibs supporters hope to win a derby, it's as simple as that.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Call it cutting my nose off to spite my face but I am no hypocrite and will not acknowledge that this competition is in the slightest way relevant when the other was not,  to significant damage. 

Utter farce,  particularly since no one will be in attendance 

On 25/09/2020 at 13:38, cookieboy said:

And Alex Miller and his Muppet Men got ****ed on New Years Day 

I remember it as Pat Stanton and his muppet men?