Pumping the muppet men out the semi...

taylor75

21 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Can't see many fans being allowed in the ground anyway.

So their end will look just the same as it did 2nd half of the 2012 final.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Smoked-Glass

• Wee Mikey

• martoon

We are at a huge disadvantage here, they are match fit and playing well so big favourites in my book. The whole thing is a farce anyway stop the league but kept the cup going 🤷‍♂️

On 13/09/2020 at 21:04, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Couldn't finish leagues last season so why should the cup be any different, refuse to play.

It's just so celtic can complete last season's treble. Had the semis not involved any of the uglies then the cup would have been cancelled too.

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

It's just so celtic can complete last season's treble. Had the semis not involved any of the uglies then the cup would have been cancelled too.

It's possible they would have went ahead anyway since there's only 3 games left. 

Do share some of your scepticism though. 

3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

It'll be 'business as usual' for the Hibees.

20200913_231427.jpg

20200913_231002.jpg

Looks like any standard game day Saturday down there IMO

5 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Looks like any standard game day Saturday down there IMO

“Groond wis packit, likesay’.

Ken?

Gorgie Boot boy
9 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’m fairly realistic about this. Odds are stacked against us

We are at our most dangerous when under dogs

This is their best ever chance of beating us.  They're "flying" in the league (read: beat some average teams, and had some crap results against other average teams) and we still haven't kicked off yet.  We are in the league below them, and their hopes will be high.

There is only one outcome, and we all know what it is.

:fth: 

25 minutes ago, tian447 said:

This is their best ever chance of beating us.  They're "flying" in the league (read: beat some average teams, and had some crap results against other average teams) and we still haven't kicked off yet.  We are in the league below them, and their hopes will be high.

There is only one outcome, and we all know what it is.

:fth: 

There’s never any excuse to lose to they *****.  Our side and our club should be up for this because of all that’s went on more than any game I can ever remember.  The only thing that worries me is this is our game when we went to Easter Road and smashed them during the mercer takeover. Hampden they won’t beat us.  At the very least we win on Pens. 

1 hour ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Like when are we under dogs against them? The only time I ever remember is that time they won the league cup and I ended up losing my shoes 🤣🤣🤣

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Last Laff said:

Like when are we under dogs against them? The only time I ever remember is that time they won the league cup and I ended up losing my shoes 🤣🤣🤣

No, like we have been chasing the Old stinky knicker brothers around the block for 100 years.

It doesn’t matter whether you think the game should be going ahead or not. It is.

So let’s get in to the ****ing *****.

Gorgie Boot boy

We are going to be watching  the best footballing sides to play for Hearts for 14 years, i am excited.  Are you ?

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

This is a defining moment for both managers. Ross I don't think has been fully accepted down verminville way and losing to a lower league team who have barely kicked a ball in 6 months won't go down well, losing to Hearts won't go down well add them together, lose, and they'll run him out of town. He's expected to win this and Hibs will be big favourites.

For Robbie it's a chance to put the last cup fiasco behind him, that money spinning comment will haunt him forever.

Smith, Harring, Naismith, Boyce and Gordon are better than anything they have it's the rest of the team I worry about.

Never really got the fans who say refuse to play. We are two games away from winning a trophy! If anyone is fearful about facing Hibs then you should probably pack it in now. 

50 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Never really got the fans who say refuse to play. We are two games away from winning a trophy! If anyone is fearful about facing Hibs then you should probably pack it in now. 

Me neither. I don't think the cup should be played but it is so lets go for it. Hibs will be favourites because of the months of extra game time they've had and also because they're doing well but we'll be well up for it too as long as our key players are fit we'll be ok. Hibs fans are terrified they don't win this one.

48 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Me neither. I don't think the cup should be played but it is so lets go for it. Hibs will be favourites because of the months of extra game time they've had and also because they're doing well but we'll be well up for it too as long as our key players are fit we'll be ok. Hibs fans are terrified they don't win this one.

I agree and having watched them a few times this season they haven't impressed me. I think their two biggest wins have been against two poor sides. Will be interesting how they get on against Rangers this weekend. 

Looking at the two teams, what I will say is I will be pretty disappointed if we don't turn them over. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Empty bank balance, empty youth academy too. 

It'll no be empty for long when Ron the Con flattens the gaff and builds houses on the flee pit!

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

It'll no be empty for long when Ron the Con flattens the gaff and builds houses on the flee pit!

Can’t wait, new ground in the docks 👍🏽

I have to admit I’m not looking forward to this. We were given a semi v Hibs. They are, though they would refuse to admit it, still smarting from 4-0, let alone 5-1. The replay they won against us a few years ago will have helped with that, as will their having managed to win it, but they will still be desperate to put one over on us. Now, thanks to the SFA and SPFL, we have been added a massive handicap in the form of demotion, a smaller budget and Hibs starting their season two months earlier.

To win would be fantastic, but I don’t want to have to take a defeat on the chin when Hibs have been handed such a huge advantage.

If the roles were reversed what would we be thinking? Cricket score.

If Hibs are honest this is their best and probably only chance to avenge one of the humiliation derbies at Hampden. 

In the league below

Financially handicapped 

Change of entire management team

Lost a host of our ‘big’ players

Forced to disrupt training schedule

Will have hardly kicked a ball competitively in 7 months. 

If they don’t hammer us they must be disappointed. However if we win? You’d have to put it up there with 4-0/5-1. 

been here before
1 minute ago, DS98 said:

If Hibs are honest this is their best and probably only chance to avenge one of the humiliation derbies at Hampden. 

In the league below

Financially handicapped 

If they don’t hammer us they must be disappointed. However if we win? You’d have to put it up there with 4-0/5-1. 

Looking at some of the 'big players' who have left thats not such a bad thing.

Guest ToqueJambo
45 minutes ago, DS98 said:

In the league below

Financially handicapped 

The weird thing is while we will definitely be big underdogs simply because of the lack of match practice, our squad is looking much better balanced and leaner right now. It's a cup game meaning anything can happen. Or rather it's a cup game vs Hibs at Hamden which means we'll gub them.

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Looking at some of the 'big players' who have left thats not such a bad thing.

Yep. That bit was added for dramatic effect 

However the three scorers from their latest derby pumping are no longer at the club. I’ve no doubt in my mind that if we were not demoted then at least two would still be in the starting 11

jambo-in-furness

I wonder what the odds are now of the semi finals going ahead,   considering there is a almost odds on certainty that the Championship is about to be put on ice.

Byyy The Light
4 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

I wonder what the odds are now of the semi finals going ahead,   considering there is a almost odds on certainty that the Championship is about to be put on ice.

Where are you getting these odds?

jambo-in-furness
9 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Where are you getting these odds?

I’ve been watching/reading the news.

1 hour ago, jambo-in-furness said:

there is a tv contract for the championship which the SPFL agreed to. Oh wait.............

On 17/09/2020 at 12:06, Doc Rob said:

I have to admit I’m not looking forward to this. We were given a semi v Hibs. They are, though they would refuse to admit it, still smarting from 4-0, let alone 5-1. The replay they won against us a few years ago will have helped with that, as will their having managed to win it, but they will still be desperate to put one over on us. Now, thanks to the SFA and SPFL, we have been added a massive handicap in the form of demotion, a smaller budget and Hibs starting their season two months earlier.

To win would be fantastic, but I don’t want to have to take a defeat on the chin when Hibs have been handed such a huge advantage.

Don't look at it like that DR, rather think of it like this:

They win - OK, it'll hurt, but they will know deep-down that we were fighting with one hand tied behind our back. They will question themselves if they could've beat us with a level playing field. That will eat away at them, whether they publicly admit it or not.  

We win - under the circumstances, this could be more 'special', and cause more psychological damage to them, than even 1-5 did. Think about it, they have been handed every possible advantage to do us over and get some sort of 'revenge' for 4-0 and 1-5. If they can't they will have nowhere left to hide. No 'financial doping', no 'players they couldn't afford', no 'Lady Haig Poppy Fund', nothing, zero, the square root of **** all. They would finally have to face up to the fact that they are just inferior in every respect. It would RUIN them. Completely. There would be no way back after that. 

Don't get me wrong, I can't/won't accept being beaten by them under any circumstances, but I honestly can't see a downside to playing this game - win or lose.

Edited by trotter

On 15/09/2020 at 22:42, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Underdogs??? I know what you mean but we have history in our favour ... not to mention the very BEST lucky charms ...

20200925_004542.jpg

Edited by Wee Mikey

Let's say our semi was cancelled because the championship was on ice.  Would they have the temerity to award the game to hibs so that celtics dream of a quadriple quintuple could remain alive?

Wouldn't be a bit surprised.

27 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Let's say our semi was cancelled because the championship was on ice.  Would they have the temerity to award the game to hibs so that celtics dream of a quadriple quintuple could remain alive?

Wouldn't be a bit surprised.

It will not be cancelled, even if Hearts haven't kicked a ball before then. But, if it was, then they would undoubtedly, and with 'sporting integrity' in mind, deem that Celtic v Aberdeen would be treated as the final with Collum as the ref ... 🤭

Good to see people starting to get their heads around this. Thankfully we are now past the “should it go ahead” or “we should withdraw” stuff. It’s going ahead, whether it should be or not. Since it is going ahead, we now need to think about how important it is.

We are two games away from a cup. With everything that has been done to us, to win the Scottish Cup would be a bigger GIRUY than all the boycotts or off the field campaigns we could organise. 

Winning it would be something back. Finally taking something back from Scottish football after they’ve ****ed us over so many times. Not a hand out, not a pay off, just Hearts going out there and taking what we deserve for ourselves. **** letting those mutants have another shot at the Scottish Cup. 

The fans of this club have given so much, it’s time HMFC gave a little back, and the Scottish Cup is a great place to start. I don’t want extra tickets, refunds or vouchers for pies, I want silverware, and the three teams left in this competition are teams that I want to beat more than most. Time for a bit of payback, and we need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves. It’s time to start dishing out the second prizes to our competitors now.

Edited by Beast Boy

2 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Good to see people starting to get their heads around this. Thankfully we are now past the “should it go ahead” or “we should withdraw” stuff. It’s going ahead, whether it should be or not. Since it is going ahead, we now need to think about how important it is.

We are two games away from a cup. With everything that has been done to us, to win the Scottish Cup would be a bigger GIRUY than all the boycotts or off the field campaigns we could organise. 

Winning it would be something back. Finally taking something back from Scottish football after they’ve ****ed us over so many times. Not a hand out, not a pay off, just Hearts going out there and taking what we deserve for ourselves. **** letting those mutants have another shot at the Scottish Cup. 

The fans of this club have given so much, it’s time HMFC gave a little back, and the Scottish Cup is a great place to start. I don’t want extra tickets, refunds or vouchers for pies, I want silverware, and the three teams left in this competition are teams that I want to beat more than most. Time for a bit of payback, and we need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves. It’s time to start dishing out the second prizes to our competitors now.

Excellent post 👍👍