• davemclaren

• David Black

• Neil Dongcaster

• iainmac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Neil Dongcaster
21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We are not individually the owners of Hearts shares. We are members of an organisation that owns the shares collectively. 

Would you like to be involved in the club or FOH in an official capacity Dave?

4 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Doubt he has the time after he explains the obvious on here day after day after day after day etc etc etc...

😀😀😀😀

10 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Doubt he has the time after he explains the obvious on here day after day after day after day etc etc etc...

😀😀😀😀

Exactly. 🧐

Neil Dongcaster
14 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

😀😀😀😀

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Exactly. 🧐

Or the obvious as he sees it. 👍

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

No, we won't. 

We'll be able to elect the FoH Board, 2 of which will sit on the club Board. Exactly the same as now. 

Agreed  and allowing for me being extremely thick here, who does elect the club board. The same as now is that we elect or oppose any club board director every 2 (?) years. I'm not trying to be awkward but I really don't get where I am wrong in that we elect both club and FOH board members as at present. I've been to every Club and FOH agm since it started and that is what has happened. You're right it is the same as now, so as a collective we the shareholders/members elect each board member in rotation.  

1 minute ago, David Black said:

Agreed  and allowing for me being extremely thick here, who does elect the club board. The same as now is that we elect or oppose any club board director every 2 (?) years. I'm not trying to be awkward but I really don't get where I am wrong in that we elect both club and FOH board members as at present. I've been to every Club and FOH agm since it started and that is what has happened. You're right it is the same as now, so as a collective we the shareholders/members elect each board member in rotation.  

The CEO will appoint the club board, they don't rotate as far as I'm aware. 

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, iainmac said:

But isn't David right in that the club board members have to be approved at the club AGM and FoH with a controlling shareholding will be able to vote for or reject (or in extremis sack) a club board member.

10 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I can clearly remember at the Club Board being asked to re-elect Craig Levein and Ann Budge. That being the case I am presuming the same applies to Kevin Windrum and Jacquie Duncan as well. Ann Budge has been CEO up to now and she has not appointed the board.

16 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I wrote a letter to Bill Lindsay! I highlighted how Hearts could make huge improvements on supporter engagement!

But I never got a reply ......

I was really upset!

Made me shout, “Lindsay OUT” - loudly!!

Ha-ha.  Not getting  a reply was maybe his ironic way of  disagreeing with your suggestion !      He did look like a sour-faced erse right enough - a "blazer" type who only seemed  interested in the fame of being at the head of a club who won loads of trophies in the recent past.

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

But isn't David right in that the club board members have to be approved at the club AGM and FoH with a controlling shareholding will be able to vote for or reject (or in extremis sack) a club board member.

Exactly. Someone stands for election or re-election at both the Club Board and FOH Board . We as shareholders in the Club or members of FOH vote them off or on. Having done that at Club level that board is then formed and that Board in turn appoints the Chairperson from that Board. The point I am trying to make is that if they decide to elect Ann Budge as chairperson she has to have been elected to the Board in the first place. 

1 minute ago, David Black said:

Exactly. Someone stands for election or re-election at both the Club Board and FOH Board . We as shareholders in the Club or members of FOH vote them off or on. Having done that at Club level that board is then formed and that Board in turn appoints the Chairperson from that Board. The point I am trying to make is that if they decide to elect Ann Budge as chairperson she has to have been elected to the Board in the first place. 

But if that is the case (and I haven't gone back to double check the appointment process for Club Board members), it will be the FOH Board not the FOH membership who decide how to cast the FOH votes at the Club AGM to approve the Club Board members. Given that FOH will hold 75% of shares in the club that effectively means it is the FOH Board that has the power to approve or reject Club Board members, not the FOH members directly. 

7 minutes ago, David Black said:

The FoH and club board are separate.

The FoH members vote prior to the FoH meeting in any directors due for re-election. 

The Hearts shareholders ( Including FoH ) vote on any director Appointments at the club agm. FoH members do not have a vote at that. 

3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

But if that is the case (and I haven't gone back to double check the appointment process for Club Board members), it will be the FOH Board not the FOH membership who decide how to cast the FOH votes at the Club AGM to approve the Club Board members. Given that FOH will hold 75% of shares in the club that effectively means it is the FOH Board that has the power to approve or reject Club Board members, not the FOH members directly. 

Correct. 

10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don't usually like to engage with anyone who uses the word "regime" when talking about Hearts, but I thought Budge gave Levein too much leeway, Levein lost his management mojo and Stendel was a mostly shite appointment by Budge, if still an understandable one.

Your post highlights the crux of how we (as fans) usually  judge the record of the owner/chairman - i.e.  whether their tenure co-incided with a generally exciting or a generally poor period for the team.  Sometimes, it's mixed  (like Mercer, Robinson and Romanov)   

Yet pretty much all of these chairmen ended up trying to deal unsuccessfully with some kind of crisis (at least in the eyes of the fans) and resigned.

Ironically, Budge is the exact opposite of Romanov in character and business integrity.  Budge showing extreme trust in the football supremo  lasting years ....  Romanov throwing a double six every few months and deciding to discard a manger just for fun, regardless of results.    Yet here we are on JKB, heading down the road of filing Budge in the same drawer as Romanov. 

Lots of good comment on here, btw, on the role of FoH going forward -

Guardian of the majority of shares - good

Investment/fundraising vehicle for the club - good

Dealing with  responsibility of ownership when members are unhappy  -   hmmmm   not sure.  

Francis Albert
17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Correct. 

I am not sure anyone suggested FoH members would  have a vote to approve or reject club board members. But they have the power to vote or for reject FoH board members and if if the latter go against their wishes they can act accordingly. I know the FoH governance arrangements currently adopt an extreme  "hands off" approach to running the club but that can be changed if  FoH members choose.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I am not sure anyone suggested FoH members would  have a vote to approve or reject club board members. But they have the power to vote or for reject FoH board members and if if the latter go against their wishes they can act accordingly. I know the FoH governance arrangements currently adopt an extreme  "hands off" approach to running the club but that can be changed if  FoH members choose.

I agree. 

22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Correct. 

Clearly we are now going round in circles with this. We are in fact agreeing on most points but voting rights are the issue. My last point on this is that if shareholder/members perceive they have even less of a connect with both club and FOH than they have at present it is not going to actually encourage more to join. It's basically, pay us your money but although you own the club, you will have very little say. As I say I am out.

13 minutes ago, David Black said:

Clearly we are now going round in circles with this. We are in fact agreeing on most points but voting rights are the issue. My last point on this is that if shareholder/members perceive they have even less of a connect with both club and FOH than they have at present it is not going to actually encourage more to join. It's basically, pay us your money but although you own the club, you will have very little say. As I say I am out.

How are voting rights an issue?

Francis Albert

L

31 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I agree. 

For the avoidance of doubt I meant theFoH board going against members wishes not just in relation to.the role of two.of them on the club board but against the wishes of the FoH membership in relation to how the FoH board chooses to vote the majority controlling interest in appointing or reappointing or in extremis dismissing club board members.

FoH amd its membership.does have control if it chooses to excercise it.

Current governance arrangements make it more difficult than it need or should be but those can be changed.

It will take more interest in governance and board elections and so.on than has been the case to date.

Maybe the next near extinction event?

Edited by Francis Albert

16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How are voting rights an issue?

Sorry, Wrong to say voting rights. That is not an issue. 

2 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I know of a place where that opinion is very popular. It’s full of total ****wits though, so you’d probably not like it. :)