FOH

Neil Dongcaster

Neil Dongcaster

As a member of FOH since the beginning I’m starting to feel rather alienated by the organisation. I don’t feel those running the foundation represent what I feel Hearts should be about.  I commend SW and the like for putting their neck on the line and doing the job. I just don’t feel any sort of connection with the hierarchy. 

The foundation is fantastic, it should give us a massive advantage in the pitch and I will continue to pledge because it just feels right.

So far, beyond still having a club - and yes I understand some people can’t see past this point, but for me it was 6 and a half years and nearly £11million membership fees later, I find myself wondering if we are getting value for money.

Am I alone in feeling this way?

Edited by Neil Dongcaster

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• David Black

• Neil Dongcaster

• iainmac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

As a member of FOH since the beginning I’m starting to feel rather alienated by the organisation. I don’t feel those running the foundation represent what I feel Hearts should be about.  I commend SW and the like for putting their neck on the line and doing the job. I just don’t feel any sort of connection with the hierarchy. 

The foundation is fantastic, it should give us a massive advantage in the pitch and I will continue to pledge because it just feels right.

So far, beyond still having a club - and yes I understand some people can’t see past this point, but for me it was 6 and a half years and nearly £11million membership fees later, I find myself wondering if we are getting value for money.

So why don't you try and do something about it ?

Stand for election, put proposals forward and it might be a better use of your time than your post

Wait  a minute though all that bother , do I really need it...tell you what I'll post on JKB that'll do it...let someone else do the work

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Stand for election, put proposals forward and it might be a better use of your time than your post

Wait  a minute though all that bother , do I really need it...tell you what I'll post on JKB that'll do it...let someone else do the work

That's a good idea. If he's not going to stand by and let budge ruin the club anymore like the guys that run FOH now he would get my vote.

7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Sounds like your the perfect person for the job.

9 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

In fairness to the guys from FOH they didn't know in advance about zlamal loan move to st lie down 

Surely they will have read it on the inter-web, like the rest of us,  prior to it happening?

Maybe I am wrong but it appears there has been no news from FOH since 27 July 2020. Even then news was sporadic at best.

I am a 1874 club member but get little joy from that.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Surely they will have read it on the inter-web, like the rest of us,  prior to it happening?

Would imagine so Dave.

15 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

No-one felt strongly enough about it to stand for election late last year. If there is real concern by many that’s a bit worrying. Though to be fair, lack of candidates is never a good sign in a members organisation at the best of time. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What a mean is they weren't told officially from within Hearts and they as disappointed as we are 

14 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

You have summed up my feelings exactly. 

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What a mean is they weren't told officially from within Hearts and they as disappointed as we are 

Interesting, if true. 

Neil Dongcaster
51 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

As a dad to newborn twins and currently working myself to the bone to try and keep my business afloat during the pandemic I just don’t have the time. Nor would I want the attention it brings to be honest.

35 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

960x0.jpg.0669eedcc2cebd4a7677ea2f8a36a674.jpg

?

Edited by Neil Dongcaster

57 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

You do love a wee shit stirring post.

58 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Before I answer, can I just ask who you used to be on here, and who you are on the other message board? Thanks.

Leveins Battalion

For info the FOH have been dealing with the supporter backlash tirelessly since it was announced.

I have it 1st hand that the FOH have made both Ann Budge and the Board aware of the supporter depth of feeling regarding decisions made.

Just now, Beast Boy said:

Before I answer, can I just ask who you used to be on here, and who you are on the other message board? Thanks.

And can I add that given he has such views I’m sure he’d be happy to provide his real name so I can find it on my FOH tribute top. He’s been in since day one after all so his name will be on it.

What I would wish is that the Foundation gather views from the fans on "important matters". If there is a very strong view, Foundation should write to the club giving the view, with the number and percentage of contributers of those who responded. This and the answer from the club should be circulated.

Obviously, this should only happen when appropriate.

At the moment, there seems to be a dis-connect - this may help to reduce it.

Neil Dongcaster
2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You do love a wee shit stirring post.

Ethan if you posted that today was Sunday I’d check my calendar.

You are without a doubt one of the biggest narcissists to grace this forum. You love to play the gallery and insinuate you are an authority on subjects and anybody with a differing opinion is either stupid, hibs or a troll.  

It’s incredible you continue to get away with it time and time again as I don’t think you’ve been right once in your puff.

5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

For info the FOH have been dealing with the supporter backlash tirelessly since it was announced.

I have it 1st hand that the FOH have made both Ann Budge and the Board aware of the supporter depth of feeling regarding decisions made.

Ann wont give a ****, she heard the fans screaming from the stands to get rid of Levein and ignored it. The fans are beneath her.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

No, you’re definitely not alone 

11 minutes ago, lost in space said:

What I would wish is that the Foundation gather views from the fans on "important matters". If there is a very strong view, Foundation should write to the club giving the view, with the number and percentage of contributers of those who responded. This and the answer from the club should be circulated.

Great idea imo. 

14 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Rather good idea.

23 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Could have given him a different colour of trousers.

If there’s ever a colour of pants that remind you of piss stained ones, then I think @Bull's-eye has picked the perfect colour imho

16 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Good.

I think it's a good staging post. A big point made to the club.

Inside the club loaning Zlamal is just normal business.

Hopefully the club get the message. In particular to get behind the fans boycott of away games. Etc. 

gorgie rd eh11
1 hour ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

🙃

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I know there were agreements about what FOH would be, how it would operate etc but I find it astonishing that a group like this drawing in so much cash from us does not seek to represent us in any way, except when they can issue statements agreeing with Budge. We pay an absolute fortune into Hearts but seemingly have no influence.

Neil Dongcaster
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I know there were agreements about what FOH would be, how it would operate etc but I find it astonishing that a group like this drawing in so much cash from us does not seek to represent us in any way, except when they can issue statements agreeing with Budge. We pay an absolute fortune into Hearts but seemingly have no influence.

I think FOH does represent some people. As I said, some people are just happy to have a club.

Personally I feel that type of mentality is holding us back. We the most underachieving club in the whole of Scottish football by a considerable distance.

I had hoped we were turning the ship around with the ‘only hearts’ mentality. Unfortunately it’s now being used as an empty marketing ploy and we are being taken for mugs.

21 minutes ago, lost in space said:

A big Zoom meeting would be much quicker. 

The FoH constitution already has voting required on several important matters. Player loans isn’t one of them, to be fair, so how many important matters would you like included?

The whole point is that those that are elected to the FoH board are representatives and not delegates. The trick is thus to elect the right representatives not have monthly meetings to decide what members want or don’t want at any given time. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I think FOH does represent some people. As I said, some people are just happy to have a club.

Personally I feel that type of mentality is holding us back. We the most underachieving club in the whole of Scottish football by a considerable distance.

I had hoped we were turning the ship around with the ‘only hearts’ mentality. Unfortunately it’s now being used as an empty marketing ploy and we are being taken for mugs.

Tbf, I don’t think it was a marketing ploy. Ann just ain’t got the stones to stick with something like that

24 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Ethan if you posted that today was Sunday I’d check my calendar.

You are without a doubt one of the biggest narcissists to grace this forum. You love to play the gallery and insinuate you are an authority on subjects and anybody with a differing opinion is either stupid, hibs or a troll.  

It’s incredible you continue to get away with it time and time again as I don’t think you’ve been right once in your puff.

Well there’s a first time for everything and I’m 100% right about you 😉

gorgie rd eh11
1 minute ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Nobody is happy to just have a club, everybody that supports Hearts wants them to be better. 

FOH is a great thing that other clubs have tried to copy and failed miserably. Throwing that away would be stupid.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Nobody is happy to just have a club, everybody that supports Hearts wants them to be better. 

FOH is a great thing that other clubs have tried to copy and failed miserably. Throwing that away would be stupid.

We don’t need to throw it away. It doesn’t need to be so supine either.

1 minute ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Indeed. Thankfully the vast majority of Hearts supporters realise this, whether they are FoH or not. The posts attempting to undermine that, are pointless, and it’s probably about time folk realised that and stopped wasting their time. :lol:

Neil Dongcaster
9 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

You’ve missed the point. It’s ok, it happens.

18Jambo_dave74
39 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

That’s reassuring to hear and I sincerely hope that is the case. 

From what I can tell, the people on the FOH board are proper Hearts supporters who obviously care a lot and give up a whole lot of free time.

When things are going well we seem to hear and read a lot from the FOH (record pledges, calling out the SPFL) but whenever elements of the support have major issues with the club, I don’t see a lot of communication. I appreciate they are in a difficult position and we don’t know what goes on behind the scenes that’s just how it appears to me. What I will say is that from my plot ceremony I got the impression that they were very much in awe of Ann Budge. 

Neil Dongcaster
11 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Well there’s a first time for everything and I’m 100% right about you 😉

I’m supposed to ask ‘what about me’ and you’re supposed to give some smarmy and vague reply.  We all get it Ethan, you’re a big clever guy that just gets things. Well done you.

Psychedelicropcircle
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

What do you want? 

Aside from winning football games. 

When it’s going tits up like it has been for the past 4 seasons to at least ask the fans via a poll wot they think! They only piped up having a go at the SPFL on the back of club criticism towards the SPFL. I get this fan owned not fan run & the fact we’re technically not the major SH but we will be soon. 

So far we have had two nodding dogs on the board!

Any organisation that has been able to raise around £11m from an average of 8,000 people with virtually no tangible personal benefit to those donating must surely, in general, be doing something right. If the unifying factor of the FOH was to a initially

save the club and then provide ongoing support to the club then it was, and continues to be, a quite remarkable success.

How do you judge value for money on a donation where the organisation continues to meet its original and amended objectives?

I don’t believe it possible for FOH to represent the view of the Hearts support. Could such a collective view even exist? At best they (the FOH) could present the various view points that have been made to them. Do we know they are not doing that via their representation on the club board?

At present the FOH stands firmly behind its function of supporting our club. As soon as they move beyond that they run the risk of supporting club “but only if”. Once you start down that road you risk the ability of the FOH to effectively support the club as that support is now conditional. If it is conditional then contributors are free to reject those conditions.

If any of us feel unhappy with the decisions or actions taken by the club then surely the best way is always to petition the decision makers directly. That is not the FOH. 

1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

Contributed since day 1 as well and I’m close to cancelling. I actually did last night off the back of the zlamal loan but reinstated it. 

The club’s finger is so far off the pulse of the support it’s quite frightening. 

This is the time they need us most, great ST sales and record FOH subscriptions and they appear to have no understanding of what the support thinks at all and quite simply take us for granted. 

I’ve been watching hearts since I was a kid in the 70s but right now I’m not missing it one bit. 

I think you sum up how a lot of us feel to be honest. 

16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

A big Zoom meeting would be much quicker. 

The FoH constitution already has voting required on several important matters. Player loans isn’t one of them, to be fair, so how many important matters would you like included?

The whole point is that those that are elected to the FoH board are representatives and not delegates. The trick is thus to elect the right representatives not have monthly meetings to decide what members want or don’t want at any given time. 

Thanks for info Dave.

I would not expect "player loans" to normally be so important - so there should be a catch-all or "Others" category.

Re reps/delegates - yes my view is they should be representatives but they should identify/represent/circulate strong views of the vast majority. They could do better - maybe only in providing info to the members.

Neil Dongcaster
3 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Any organisation that has been able to raise around £11m from an average of 8,000 people with virtually no tangible personal benefit to those donating must surely, in general, be doing something right. If the unifying factor of the FOH was to a initially

save the club and then provide ongoing support to the club then it was, and continues to be, a quite remarkable success.

How do you judge value for money on a donation where the organisation continues to meet its original and amended objectives?

FOH has been incredibly successful. Given the loyalty of the Hearts support I’m not remotely surprised by this.

Although I believe just as the position of the club has evolved since 2014 so should FOH. 

If the only ongoing goal of FOH is to be providing funds then I feel we are selling ourselves short.