Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Ultra ultra defensive Leicester getting well beaten.

It doesn’t help when their main tactic is getting breakaway balls to a quick but ageing centre forward who only touched the ball 4 times in the first half apart from the disallowed goal. And mostly in his own half. 

Carragher really is an idiot of a commentator. Leicester player takes a couple of swipes at De Bruyne’s head and apparently it’s nowhere near a red card. To me a red all day under current refereeing standards. Intent was there. And just another chance for me to get annoyed that he can’t pronounce his name. 

Great. I’ve got a multi part potentially lucrative accumulator on this which included Xhaka getting booked. Useless sod is ill and not playing. 

A few Premier League accounts published.

Burnley's AVERAGE player wage is £43,000 per week. 

20210404_140752.jpg

Edited by Mikey1874

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

A few Premier League accounts published.

Burnley's AVERAGE player wage is £43,000 per week. 

20210404_140752.jpg

Funny money and that probably at the low end in that league.

17 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Funny money and that probably at the low end in that league.

I think things have changed for Burnley with a Glazers style debt take over but at end July Burnley had £80 million in bank. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think things have changed for Burnley with a Glazers style debt take over but at end July Burnley had £80 million in bank. 

Money we can only dream of.

Newsflash. 
Ive just finished watching the Spurs game I recorded earlier and Lamela’s right foot made contact with the ball. 

Pasquale for King

Penalty and red card, oh no it’s Man U at old Stratford and an England international, play on. 

53 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Brighton play great football, nice to watch someone do it. 

Just because the commentators like cosy little Brighton doesn't mean their any good, in actual fact they are as dull as dishwasher, don't score goals and concede to many. 

Tonight alone,  3 attempts, 1 on target and currently losing. 

Nice to watch though eh  :rofl:

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

Just because the commentators like cosy little Brighton doesn't mean their any good, in actual fact they are as dull as dishwasher, don't score goals and concede to many. 

Tonight alone,  3 attempts, 1 on target and currently losing. 

Nice to watch though eh  :rofl:

Only two teams in the bottom half have scored more goals than Brighton (Leeds and Southampton) and Brighton have conceded less goals in the bottom half than any other team.

Players from their academy have played more minutes this season than any other premier league team.  They have a young attacking manager who plays front foot  positive football and will trust his philosophy against any team home or away.

What we wouldn’t do for any of that.  

Maroon Sailor

The 3 relegated clubs from the PL last season could all come straight back up.

Norwich, Watford nailed on automatically and Bournemouth could via the play offs.

If you don't get up straight away you could be stuck down there for a few seasons though. Boro, Derby and QPR for example

Maroon Sailor

Dr Funk up against his former club for Wednesday

20210405_171856.jpg.7f989d80d740e4f00d55941d093aa6bf.jpg

Edited by Maroon Sailor

43 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

This West Ham team are an absolute joy to watch

They're so so good on their game. What a difference from 12 months ago! Even when they're not properly on their game, they're playing with a huge amount of confidence and not afraid in the least to knock the ball around in tight spaces.

11 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

They're so so good on their game. What a difference from 12 months ago! Even when they're not properly on their game, they're playing with a huge amount of confidence and not afraid in the least to knock the ball around in tight spaces.

You always fancy them to score again too

14 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The 3 relegated clubs from the PL last season could all come straight back up.

Norwich, Watford nailed on automatically and Bournemouth could via the play offs.

If you don't get up straight away you could be stuck down there for a few seasons though. Boro, Derby and QPR for example

Sadly, the Championship just seems to be the latest league to be consumed by money. Maybe it's nostalgia playing tricks on my mind, but almost anyone could win promotion to the PL, whereas now, too many teams come down and just go straight back up.

Looking at the current table, 9 of the top 12 have played in the PL in the past decade. Of the 3 who haven't, Brentford have been knocking on the door for some time with decent investment and Barnsley are bankrolled by a Chinese billionaire. Millwall are humble enough, but not serious promotion contenders.

As for the bottom half, 9 of the bottom 12 haven't played in the PL in the last decade. Of that 3, Birmingham and Blackburn have been down for some time now, and Huddersfield were probably the last great tale from that division.

It's a shame, I used to love the Championship, but the money in the league is turning it predictable.

20 hours ago, Locky said:

Sadly, the Championship just seems to be the latest league to be consumed by money. Maybe it's nostalgia playing tricks on my mind, but almost anyone could win promotion to the PL, whereas now, too many teams come down and just go straight back up.

Looking at the current table, 9 of the top 12 have played in the PL in the past decade. Of the 3 who haven't, Brentford have been knocking on the door for some time with decent investment and Barnsley are bankrolled by a Chinese billionaire. Millwall are humble enough, but not serious promotion contenders.

As for the bottom half, 9 of the bottom 12 haven't played in the PL in the last decade. Of that 3, Birmingham and Blackburn have been down for some time now, and Huddersfield were probably the last great tale from that division.

It's a shame, I used to love the Championship, but the money in the league is turning it predictable.

We’re not being bankrolled at all. We’re operating on the revenue the club creates, we’ve received no outside investment whatsoever. 

Auldbenches
1 minute ago, NlGHTMARE said:

We’re not being bankrolled at all. We’re operating on the revenue the club creates, we’ve received no outside investment whatsoever. 

Hope you go up this season.  Be quite refreshing to see Barnsley rather than Bournemouth.  Good luck.  

jambo east anglia

Joel Pereira playing for Huddersfield at Norwich tonight.  Bet he has a blinder!

22 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Come on you Irons ! 

The absence of sideways football makes a massive difference.

14 minutes ago, jambo east anglia said:

Joel Pereira playing for Huddersfield at Norwich tonight.  Bet he has a blinder!

Aye, it'll be fecking typical.

Come on the Canaries!

1 hour ago, jambo east anglia said:

I hope you didn’t put money on that bet. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, jambo east anglia said:

:illogical:

10 men Leeds, Cooper sent off. Unlucky got ball but follow through.

Funnily enough Raheem Sterling stamped on a Leeds player earlier but not looked at. 

10 men Leeds United beat Man City 2-1. 

Rubbish game. Man City had about 98% possession second half. 

Stuart Dallas player of the season though. 

Under the floodlight
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

20210410_142921.jpg

Some inconsistency in the refereeing, Man City seem to be in OF bracket.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

10 men Leeds, Cooper sent off. Unlucky got ball but follow through.

Funnily enough Raheem Sterling stamped on a Leeds player earlier but not looked at. 

Fernandinho should have been sent off late on for taking out Raphinha.  The Leeds player was running at pace, and by making no attempt to play the ball the City player "endangered" his opponent.

Just now, Footballfirst said:

Fernandinho should have been sent off late on for taking out Raphinha.  The Leeds player was running at pace, and by making no attempt to play the ball the City player "endangered" his opponent.

Lucky boy to stay on. 

3 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Some inconsistency in the refereeing, Man City seem to be in OF bracket.

In the madness it might have been forgotten.

Fernandinho is a red card. 

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

You make a good point.

There needs to be a review of tackling. Certain fouls from certain angles get punished. But other fouls are equally as bad. The pace of the Leeds player makes this a highly dangerous foul.

VAR is complicating factor too. The worst tackle in game was stamp by Sterling on ankle. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Under the floodlight
12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

In the madness it might have been forgotten.

Fernandinho is a red card. 

Agreed, red all day long. 

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Why was var not used on this occasion. 

That Peter Walton is hopeless as the referee pundit.

Moyes is doing one hell of a job at West Ham. He’s got them playing as a proper unit that all fight for each other but also playing some good to watch football. 
Obviously being well paid for it as well as I just noticed he is wearing a gold Audemars Piguet Royal Oak watch. Nice to be able to drop £30k+ on a watch. 

20 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Moyes is doing one hell of a job at West Ham. He’s got them playing as a proper unit that all fight for each other but also playing some good to watch football. 
Obviously being well paid for it as well as I just noticed he is wearing a gold Audemars Piguet Royal Oak watch. Nice to be able to drop £30k+ on a watch. 

Funny, I'm sure he's had that royal oak on at every match this season. I'm more surprised he doesn't have a wider selection.

Just now, IronJambo said:

Funny, I'm sure he's had that royal oak on at every match this season. I'm more surprised he doesn't have a wider selection.

When you’re winning you get superstitious, so maybe that stops him dipping into the safe full of Pateks.