English Premier League.

maroonlegions

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I really like Moyes and he’s worked wonders this season.

They’re playing well, there’s a great team spirit but his refusal to sign backup for Antonio’s hamstrings and his inferiority complex against the “big” teams cost us tonight. Injuries didn’t help but played for a draw in a one off cup tie 

I didn't know you could get back-up hamstrings. The advances in sports medicine are amazing. ::troll::

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Liverpool has announced that Klopp’s mother has died. You can only hope he can get back to Germany to see his family. 

Funeral was on Tuesday. Klopp unable to go.

Properly shan times for anyone who has to experience that. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/10/coronavirus-restrictions-prevent-liverpool-manager-jurgen-klopp-attending-mothers-funeral

6 minutes ago, Boris said:

Funeral was on Tuesday. Klopp unable to go.

Properly shan times for anyone who has to experience that. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/10/coronavirus-restrictions-prevent-liverpool-manager-jurgen-klopp-attending-mothers-funeral

Bloody hell that must be hard. Nobody should have to find themselves where they can’t attend a parents funeral. Sadly we’re living in extraordinary times. Really feel for the guy. 

If rugby can successfully utilise VAR then football can too. Simple as that. The problem is the idiots managing it, not the officials trying to implement it.

10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Bloody hell that must be hard. Nobody should have to find themselves where they can’t attend a parents funeral. Sadly we’re living in extraordinary times. Really feel for the guy. 

Totally. Unimaginable, or rather, I'd rather not even have to contemplate such a thing.

8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

FA Cup Everton 1-0 down then 3 in 5 mins to go 3-1 up against Spurs just before half time

3-2 just before half time

Sheffield United 1-0 up against Bristol City

Leicester City 0-0 against Brighton

Manchester City won 3-1 against Swansea earlier

4-3 Everton and a good finish..it was onside as well

With a crowd this ground would have been rocking tonight

Edited by CJGJ

19 hours ago, CJGJ said:

4-4 and Kane equalises...what a great match this is

Less than 5 mins to go of normal time

Just caught the highlights online. Another goal given away (Everton equaliser 1-1) by a team trying to play tight passes to each other in their own full back area.

How many now? :vrface:

Just watched the goals.  The Spurs goalie didn't look very good.

Not taking anything away from the scorers though.   Looked like a cracking cup game.

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Just caught the highlights online. Another goal given away (Everton equaliser 1-1) by a team trying to play tight passes to each other in their own full back area.

Another one in the Wolves Southampton game that just finished.

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

This really boils my pish!  As you say, how many goals have we seen this season conceded in England doing this?  And how many times do you ever see a goal scored at the other end?  Don’t think I’ve seen one yet!

Thankfully most Scottish teams have realised they’re too shite to attempt this!

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

This really boils my pish!  As you say, how many goals have we seen this season conceded in England doing this?  And how many times do you ever see a goal scored at the other end?  Don’t think I’ve seen one yet!

Thankfully most Scottish teams have realised they’re too shite to attempt this!

Imo, it’s not improving the game or making it more entertaining. All you are doing is actually teaching players bad habits in dangerous areas.  

It’s really became a fad very quickly. I always thought part of the game was not to make it easy for the opponents to put the ball between the 3 white sticks you defend? 🤷🏼‍♂️    

At the end of the day, it’s the score line that counts. What doesn’t count is proving to everyone you can pass a ball to death anywhere on the pitch.  (But make a mess of it in areas you shouldn’t). 

Two very debatable decisions bring VAR into question.  At pen/free kick Leicester players hand is in box although he’s tripped outside. Should it be a  Pen? Think about the offside rule in comparison....

At the equaliser, Leicester players clearly offside and interfering but goal is given.  

Just now, Debut 4 said:

Two very debatable decisions bring VAR into question.  At pen/free kick Leicester players hand is in box although he’s tripped outside. Should it be a  Pen? Think about the offside rule in comparison....

At the equaliser, Leicester players clearly offside and interfering but goal is given.  

it looked like firmnos foot played him on, i would say the freekick decision was wrong but the goal was correct

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

just got worse for them 3-1, allison playing like our keeper from last year

Haha was thinking the same.

Total collapse from them.

8 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Where your arm or hand is doesn’t come in to offside decisions.

Var showed he wasn’t offside at the equaliser though.

now I agree it’s minimal and sometimes crazy but the fact is he was onside so goal stands 

16 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Liverpool 😐🤣

It's not all bad.

Either with a new manager or a Klopp rebuild (is he capable of that though) not being in Europe next season will help.

How Klopp started to get success there..

Edited by Mikey1874

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Where your arm or hand is doesn’t come in to offside decisions.

Var showed he wasn’t offside at the equaliser though.

now I agree it’s minimal and sometimes crazy but the fact is he was onside so goal stands 

Sure?  I’ve seen the graphics go up to players arms and offside given? Sure Ings goal the other week for Southampton was chalked off for such?

Just now, Debut 4 said:

Sure?  I’ve seen the graphics go up to players arms and offside given? Sure Ings goal the other week for Southampton was chalked off for such?

You can’t be offside if it’s a part of your body you can’t legally play the ball with like your arm or hand.

10 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

You can’t be offside if it’s a part of your body you can’t legally play the ball with like your arm or hand.

Everton had a goal disallowed a few weeks back ..players hand was offside

4 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Well as far as I know you can’t be offside with the parts I said but if I’m wrong I’ll accept it.but I’m sure I’m not 😉

Edited by 1874robbo

3 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Some of the rules have changed during season. The hand ball rule was changed. Which changed what is and isn't offside. 

Just now, 1874robbo said:

Well as far as I know you can’t be offside with the parts I said but if I’m wrong I’ll accept it.

anybody part you offside with var

2 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

anybody part you offside with var

Arms aren’t included in the offside as far as I’m aware.

if what you’re saying is correct did you see the firmino toe one today that they say is playing him on?

explain why they had the green dash line down the Leicester players body in line with the toe and the Leicester players arm was beyond the line drawn down 

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Arms aren’t included in the offside as far as I’m aware.

if what you’re saying is correct did you see the firmino toe one today that they say is playing him on?

explain why they had the green dash line down the Leicester players body in line with the toe and the Leicester players arm was beyond the line drawn down 

They exclude the arm from where the short shirt sleeve ends which is mainly by the elbow joint if the arm below the elbow joint is offside then you are deemed to be offside.

On 09/01/2021 at 13:58, Hearts007 said:

Everton useless fecking erseholes cant beat Rotherham... cost me £450 var rules Evertons late winner out cause the players hand was offside :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I’ll leave you to find it out.

I know I’m right 😂👍🏻

see post  above from 9/01/2021/ ..i watched the game

5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

They exclude the arm from where the short shirt sleeve ends which is mainly by the elbow joint if the arm below the elbow joint is offside then you are deemed to be offside.

That wasn’t the case today then.

4 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

What was the Leeds goalie thinking?

Leeds not at the races today. 

They're that kind of team. Sometimes you watch em and they're brilliant. Other times hopeless