• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Angel eyes
11 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Spurs used to be a well respected club across football communities. Alas not anymore …. 

…. but their new facility is rather decent!!

5A260F74-73A9-47D2-A1FE-9659D875E206.jpeg

1-E0-E3049-3-DDF-4-BBE-9-D83-EA7045-C28-

Jambo-Fox
14 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

1-E0-E3049-3-DDF-4-BBE-9-D83-EA7045-C28-

image.png.9908ecd0375ef6370eb4c6ea32337407.png

Edited by Jambo-Fox

On 30/04/2022 at 20:21, Morgan said:

I can’t see either team dropping a single point from their remaining fixtures, but, if one is going to, I think it is more likely to be Liverpool.  Manchester City look almost invincible right now.

Liverpool v Spuds is the outlier. Just about all the other fixtures are mid-table with nowt to play for. That said, the reds record against Spuds at Anfield is convincing. The only thing that'll separate City and Liverpool is complacency-followed by - slip up. For that, I see City more vulnerable. 

When Liverpool go on a winning streak, they just don't stop winning. They're flying. 

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Deodato said:

Liverpool v Spuds is the outlier. Just about all the other fixtures are mid-table with nowt to play for. That said, the reds record against Spuds at Anfield is convincing. The only thing that'll separate City and Liverpool is complacency-followed by - slip up. For that, I see City more vulnerable. 

When Liverpool go on a winning streak, they just don't stop winning. They're flying. 

Wolves and West Ham away are the two games I'm hoping for a City slip up, but they usually batter the Hammers, and Wolves have been a bit of a bogey side for them over the years, so fingers crossed for them doing it again, if City ride those two games with wins, they win the league, if they drop anything at all, I reckon they lose the league. 

The Everton fans are all delighted at their result yesterday (understandably) when logic says they should be furious that the team hasn’t shown that fight and determination for the rest of the season. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Tazio said:

The Everton fans are all delighted at their result yesterday (understandably) when logic says they should be furious that the team hasn’t shown that fight and determination for the rest of the season. 

Typical Everton though. They did it against Arsenal earlier this season at Goodison, electric atmosphere then went and lost the next 5 games. Same with the Newcastle game as well. 

The battle for 3rd and 4th is going to be exciting.

Chelsea have the easier run in but the way they are the now anything is possible.Arsenal and Chelsea both meet Leeds.Who going by Saturday are back to the dirty Leeds.

If they put the boot in and get a weak ref I can see them getting something at Arsenal who are not equipped to deal with that.If Leeds get beat by Arsenal and Chelsea they must be favourites to get relegated to my great delight.

Spurs v Arsenal is a huge game. Especially if Spurs can get something at Liverpool,though I doubt that will happen.

I know folk hate the EPL but it has been great this season.

Man U not getting mentioned is a brilliant wee bonus as well.

Edited by benny

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Wolves and West Ham away are the two games I'm hoping for a City slip up, but they usually batter the Hammers, and Wolves have been a bit of a bogey side for them over the years, so fingers crossed for them doing it again, if City ride those two games with wins, they win the league, if they drop anything at all, I reckon they lose the league. 

the thing is wolves seem to have run out of steam and i can see them not getting another point out of their remaining 4 games, even the one v norwich (chelsea (a), man city (h), liverpool (a))

RustyRightPeg

Fulham doing their usual and looking utterly dominant going up into the prem. 

This Luton team will get cherry picked by larger Championship teams. If we’re going for Burke as mentioned on other forums we might have competition 

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Fulham doing their usual and looking utterly dominant going up into the prem. 

This Luton team will get cherry picked by larger Championship teams. If we’re going for Burke as mentioned on other forums we might have competition 

Funnily, Alan Campbell and Adebayo not in squad at all…and not showing up injured

IronJambo
9 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Really? You might want to check that. They haven't beaten West Ham in London since August 2019. 2 draws (one a West Ham win on pens) and two 2-1 wins for city at the Etihad in the last 4 matches between them.

Edit: West Ham will have a team of kids out if they get past Frankfurt on Thursday though.

Edited by IronJambo

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Funnily, Alan Campbell and Adebayo not in squad at all…and not showing up injured

Campbell got injured in the warm up and Adebayo pulled up in their last game. 

The Old Tolbooth
21 hours ago, milky_26 said:

the thing is wolves seem to have run out of steam and i can see them not getting another point out of their remaining 4 games, even the one v norwich (chelsea (a), man city (h), liverpool (a))

Yeah I'd tend to agree with that, they look a shadow of the side they were over the last few years, sadly. 

13 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Really? You might want to check that. They haven't beaten West Ham in London since August 2019. 2 draws (one a West Ham win on pens) and two 2-1 wins for city at the Etihad in the last 4 matches between them.

Edit: West Ham will have a team of kids out if they get past Frankfurt on Thursday though.

Apologies mate, the memory playing tricks on me there, I just seem to remember City going to West Ham and scoring plenty, but you're right. Also, if you beat Frankfurt then aye, you'll rightfully play a shadow side against City, anyone would do the same. 

Absolute Scenes
14 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Campbell got injured in the warm up and Adebayo pulled up in their last game. 

ah well i can always hope haha

Nookie Bear
15 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

6-DD77397-B8-D3-492-A-8-FA7-9-A87-CA013-
English media love Liverpool, never don’t believe that….

It's pretty clear that the media prefer Liverpool over Man City.

My gut feeling is that Liverpool - their fans, manager and team - look like they actually enjoy the game whereas Man City - their fans, manager and team - just seem so focussed and it doesn't make for interesting content.

A bit like Jimmy White and Steve Davis :)

I'm still trying to work out how Mane executed this pass. 

Any doubts on the standard of the English Premiership this season can be ditched deep six with this one moment of genius. For me, Liverpool today have surpassed the great Arsenal and Man Utd teams of the Ferguson / Wenger era. 

29 minutes ago, Deodato said:

Any doubts on the standard of the English Premiership this season can be ditched deep six with this one moment of genius. For me, Liverpool today have surpassed the great Arsenal and Man Utd teams of the Ferguson / Wenger era. 

City and Liverpool surpassed Wenger's Arsenal a few years ago.

TexasAndy

Never understand why people have to always compare the present with the past in sport it's completely futile.  

On 02/05/2022 at 19:02, Angel eyes said:

6-DD77397-B8-D3-492-A-8-FA7-9-A87-CA013-
English media love Liverpool, never don’t believe that….

That's a bit of insight as to why people don't like Liverpool and associate them with Celtic. It's absolutely the double standards you'd see written about Celtic up here vs another club (with the exception of sevco...maybe)

Malinga the Swinga
14 hours ago, Deodato said:

Yet they could end up with a league cup and nothing else.

Liverpool and Man City made to look a good by the standard of all other clubs going down, and the refusal by officials to penalise them for offences.

They are the old firm of England.

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Liverpool and Man City made to look a good by the standard of all other clubs going down, and the refusal by officials to penalise them for offences.

Liverpool will probably just end up with a treble.😀

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Taffin said:

That's a bit of insight as to why people don't like Liverpool and associate them with Celtic. It's absolutely the double standards you'd see written about Celtic up here vs another club (with the exception of sevco...maybe)

What a load of utter tripe. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

th.jpeg

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What a load of utter tripe. 

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

th.jpeg

:seething:

Nobody like Liverpool apart from Liverpool fans and some pretend ones on here. It's just the way it is.

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

:seething:

Nobody like Liverpool apart from Liverpool fans and some pretend ones on here. It's just the way it is.

Something to do with their determination to portray themselves as victims. They're just a detestable club with no redeeming features whatsoever.

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Something to do with their determination to portray themselves as victims. They're just a detestable club with no redeeming features whatsoever.

You have so much hate in your heart. :10900:

Seymour M Hersh
40 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

th.jpeg

English League Two:

Bristol Rovers are somehow in an automatic promotion slot on goals scored after going 7-0 up against Scunthorpe.

Game delayed due to idiots invading the pitch when the 7th goal went in.

FT in Bristol.

7-0 FT.

Bristol up on goals scored. Crazy stuff.

They started the day 5 goal difference behind Northampton, who could only win 3-1 away today.
So Bristol needed to win 7-0.

And did.

Edited by Cade

Bindy Badgy
6 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e6ad09099c5d13f8e363c45d67930eea.jpeg

Combined odds of those two choices on Betfair is 1.72. That would give you an extra £15 (12%) after commission. You're nearly alway better betting on the exchanges than on the bookmaker sites.

4 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Combined odds of those two choices on Betfair is 1.72. That would give you an extra £15 (12%) after commission. You're nearly alway better betting on the exchanges than on the bookmaker sites.

True, I don’t have Betfair though.

Man Utd are getting ragdolled by Brighton. 
3-0 after 58 minutes. And it looks like it could be more by the end. 

Edited by Tazio

Just now, Tazio said:

Man Utd are getting ragdolled by Brighton. 
3-0 after 58 minutes. And it looks like it could be more by the end. 

As if by magic it’s 4. 

August Landmesser

Man U players have chucked it.

Oh dear how sad nevermind etc

Shooter McGavin

That’s what happens when your players are more interested in Instagram and Tiktok.

Lovely to watch Man Utd get embarrassed. 

Couldn't happen to a nicer team.  Full of absolute arseholes who care more about their social media profiles than playing football. 

John Findlay

This is cruel from Rangnick. 4-0 down and you bring on Harry Maguire. Must be wanting to lose 6-0😉

Four down with 20 minutes to go and United replace Mata with McGuire. 
Total damage limitation mode now for them. 

Sooperstar

I saw a story linking Pogba with City. Surely Pep would not be that stupid. An outstanding player on the odd occasion.