English Premier League.

maroonlegions

Luckies1874
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Anfield is like a morgue if you take away the noise of the Sparta fans. 

It's like us being 9-1 up against Cowdenbeath 😂

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IronJambo
17 hours ago, Cade said:

Moyes oot

:look:

It's criminal how he sets that side out most weeks.

Debut 4
20 minutes ago, Cade said:

Notts Forest docked 4 points.

We await Man City's punishment..........

Question: Would Man City’s case be brought forward much quicker if they weren’t winning everything?   

I understand it may be more complex but it seems they’ve chased the strugglers down for punishment much quicker.  

Mikey1874
27 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Question: Would Man City’s case be brought forward much quicker if they weren’t winning everything?   

I understand it may be more complex but it seems they’ve chased the strugglers down for punishment much quicker.  

Would be brought forward quickly if there were 2 or 3 charges, not 115.

Just start to imagine the defence case for each charge. 

Mikey1874

Nottingham Forest 4 point deduction.

20240318_145519.jpg

Edited by Mikey1874

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

They won't but they really need to throw the book at City (if guilty). Fingers crossed they are, despise them. 

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Would be brought forward quickly if there were 2 or 3 charges, not 115.

Just start to imagine the defence case for each charge. 

Surely they can start with a low number of easy proven charges. Deduct the points and move on to the next clump.

Mikey1874
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Surely they can start with a low number of easy proven charges. Deduct the points and move on to the next clump.

That would have been sensible.

Remains unclear what the Premier League were thinking. People saying they wanted to show the Government they could be tough and not need an independent regulator.

Incredible to lodge so many charges. In practice there are 5 or 6 issues at most here. In fact 2 or 3 being inflated sponsorship, underhand payments to Mancini and hiding costs. 

Indeed.

City can (and should) be given a penalty for the easily provable breaches whilst the other breaches are still under investigation.

I highly suspect that the powers that be are wanting to only give them one verdict and one punishment, instead of the 115 punishments they should be getting.

As usual, the wee teams are having the book thrown at them and the big boys are being handled with velvet gloves, just so the authorities can pretend they're actually solving the problem.

The new West End
6 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

They won't but they really need to throw the book at City (if guilty). Fingers crossed they are, despise them. 

Tut tut... why?

The new West End
2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Indeed.

City can (and should) be given a penalty for the easily provable breaches whilst the other breaches are still under investigation.

I highly suspect that the powers that be are wanting to only give them one verdict and one punishment, instead of the 115 punishments they should be getting.

As usual, the wee teams are having the book thrown at them and the big boys are being handled with velvet gloves, just so the authorities can pretend they're actually solving the problem.

Genuine question ..what are the easily proven charges?

RustyRightPeg
Just now, The new West End said:

Tut tut... why?

I don’t like either Manchester club but city have overtaken United latterly. Boring club. Sucked the life out of football with their boring style.

The new West End
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

I don’t like either Manchester club but city have overtaken United latterly. Boring club. Sucked the life out of football with their boring style.

I don't think football is the sport for you

RustyRightPeg
Just now, The new West End said:

I don't think football is the sport for you

I think it is thanks. City are the most boring team in the league to watch. 

I appreciate what they do on the pitch, but as a spectacle, pish. 

ShortmanRossco
12 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Kind of get what you mean in terms of the overall stylistic but imo it's a stretch to say they are the most boring team to watch when De Bruyne and Foden are on a game. More value in watching them individually than most teams as a collective.

Nookie Bear
13 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

They are just a bit too perfect. Very few mistakes, always make the right pass and are happy to recycle the ball endlessly to find the opening.

Nothing wrong with it but doesn't get my juices flowing.

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

They are just a bit too perfect. Very few mistakes, always make the right pass and are happy to recycle the ball endlessly to find the opening.

Nothing wrong with it but doesn't get my juices flowing.

Something like that yeah. For me comparing it to a style like Liverpool or even Newcastle when they're in full flow is night and day. Think the fans help too, when Anfield or St James' is loud and their teams are on it it's a lot better than watching City passing a team to death and scoring the same goal time after time.

Mikey1874

More boring than the teams that put out 9 man defences against them? 

Debut 4

It’s a kind of style unique to Guardiola and he’s perfected it. He knows the players that fit it, or certainly the type you need.  

They’ve not even got the best central defenders in the world but the way he’s fashioned a domination of possession allows hardly any pressure on his defence. 

However, you could argue opposition clubs are now in the grip of “Wenger under Arsenal”  syndrome when it comes to Man City. I remember a spell some years ago when the feeling was you couldn’t close Arsenal down because they were that good in possession they’d hurt you if you did. It put added fear in other teams.  

Only Liverpool and Chelsea this season look to have the balls to chase them down and be aggressive. They don’t like it when it happens and it was the same with Wenger’s lot. Their precious wee possession players whined their eyes out to the refs if an opposition player dared tackle them a wee bit harder. 

SE16 3LN

Man City will decide what penalty they receive and when, and to the minimal level of impact. They have the billions of a despotic oil rich nation behind them. If the dopey ***** who run the Premiership attempt to impose rather than negotiate the sports washers  agreed punishment, the will turn the Premiership into a circus that collapses under there own big top. **** them, its what they asked for.

On 19/03/2024 at 12:10, SE16 3LN said:

Man City will decide what penalty they receive and when, and to the minimal level of impact. They have the billions of a despotic oil rich nation behind them. If the dopey ***** who run the Premiership attempt to impose rather than negotiate the sports washers  agreed punishment, the will turn the Premiership into a circus that collapses under there own big top. **** them, its what they asked for.

Are you saying Manchester City run English football?

The new West End
On 19/03/2024 at 12:10, SE16 3LN said:

Wow really??

Luckies1874
On 28/10/2023 at 10:23, Tommy Brown said:

Tonali of Newcastle United gets 10 month global ban for betting.

Just signed in Summer, ouch.

On 28/10/2023 at 11:04, milky_26 said:

i wonder if AC Milan knew about it before they sold him

Seems leaving Milan and Italy wasn't the end of it........

On 25/03/2024 at 19:24, chrisyboy7 said:

Are you saying Manchester City run English football?

You mis-spelled ‘ruin’.

GlasgoJambo

Think it’s weird you’d get caught for gambling. Are they opening accounts using their names or popping into the bookies with a pair of shades on? 

Lad’s clearly got a problem, only 23 and imagine it’s not really about the money - hints of hypocrisy to ban him while the entire sport is swamped and propped up by gambling.

There was a video of Tonali kicking about online where he gets a yellow card for taking too long to leave the pitch when he’s been substituted for Newcastle. He’s literally about 5 steps from the touchline but kept just standing there clearly wanting to be carded. Embarrassing to see it in that context knowing that’s what he was probably trying to do. Madness