English Premier League.

maroonlegions

The Old Tolbooth
On 14/05/2022 at 19:03, IronJambo said:

All things said, i think the irons will get pumped tomorrow. Man city want this title sewn up.

Glad you weren't pumped, just need Gerrard to write the script on Sunday now (assuming Liverpool win their two games of course, which is no given as they look like they're tiring a bit now) 

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Glad you weren't pumped, just need Gerrard to write the script on Sunday now (assuming Liverpool win their two games of course, which is no given as they look like they're tiring a bit now) 

A city win, a West ham win (tough in Brighton), and a home win for Palace followed by a win for Real a week on Saturday will be a great end to the season for me. 

RustyRightPeg

This sounds quite odd to say but it’s also astonishing at the same time. 

When Liverpool play in the Champions league final on 28/05, by reaching all 3 finals (fa cup and carabao) and 38 league games it means they will have played in every single game they possibly could have this season

7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

When Liverpool play in the Champions league final on 28/05, by reaching all 3 finals (fa cup and carabao) and 38 league games it means they will have played in every single game they possibly could have this season

I'm gonna be an utter erse here.

Could they not have played replays?

11 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

A city win, a West ham win (tough in Brighton), and a home win for Palace followed by a win for Real a week on Saturday will be a great end to the season for me. 

It is amazing how the majority of EPL teams fans want City to win the league.

Great to see Mark Noble get the send off he did from both sets of fans yesterday.

Pep summed it up perfectly yesterday.

Nookie Bear
42 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Saw this recently. Another example of this is Middlesborough in 1996-97 ad Liverpool in 2001.

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

And here was me thinking that everyone wanted Liverpool to win the title because Pep said so ;) 

26 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Saw this recently. Another example of this is Middlesborough in 1996-97 ad Liverpool in 2001.

And Liverpool in 1981 too 

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

And here was me thinking that everyone wanted Liverpool to win the title because Pep said so ;) 

And Liverpool in 1981 too 

Knocked out the FA Cup early

1 hour ago, benny said:

It is amazing how the majority of EPL teams fans want City to win the league.

Great to see Mark Noble get the send off he did from both sets of fans yesterday.

Pep summed it up perfectly yesterday.

Rather than wanting City to win the league I'd just rather see anyone than Liverpool win it (other than spurs). 

RustyRightPeg

Should be some atmosphere at St James Park tonight. WOR flags have set up a beauty of a display apparently!

Seaside Dave

Hopefully arsenal win at st James. But either way sky have got their way. Title decider final day. Top 4 final day and relegation battle final day. Paul Tierney is an embarassment of a referee 

Malinga the Swinga
56 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Rather than wanting City to win the league I'd just rather see anyone than Liverpool win it (other than spurs). 

Agree with you there. 

On Noble, he's been a great servant to West Ham and I believe his son is training with them, so perhaps a Noble dynasty may be on way.

Malinga the Swinga
31 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Hopefully arsenal win at st James. But either way sky have got their way. Title decider final day. Top 4 final day and relegation battle final day. Paul Tierney is an embarassment of a referee 

Tierney just one of many shit refs in England. Taylor is horrendous, Oliver wants to be star and Friend is just a joke. That leaves Mike Dean who makes our refs look fair.

Seaside Dave

Mike deans retiring end of the season most looking get spurs or arsenal game as his final one and he will either screw arsenal or profit spurs no doubt 

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Knocked out the FA Cup early

Ah so they were, it was Spurs and City in the final 

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

I'm like that with Man Utd funnily enough, closely followed by Chelsea. 

45 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I'm like that with Man Utd funnily enough, closely followed by Chelsea. 

was like that with Man U before they became a middle of the road side. Chelsea for a while also. Things change though and Chelsea haven't been spending so freely and they also play a lot more attractive football than they used to. 

The media wankfest over liverpool is as much of a turn off as the amount of fouls they get away with in the middle of the park (the ones that break up a weaker sides few counter attacks). 

So how it works is this stream will probably stop but if you go into the account they will post a new stream pretty quickly. 

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, IronJambo said:

tenor.gif

You going incognito around the London bookies to take a wedge off them again? 😄 

Quite enjoying the Huddersfield/Luton game. Still 0-0 on the night but pretty decent for a scoreless game. Luton been the better side imo

And typically Huddersfield go ahead 🤣

Jordan Rhodes too

Edited by neilnunb

So Spurs will just need a draw in the final game...sadly for Arsenal, that's against Norwich 🤣😐🤣

Luckies1874

Arsenal have been a total embarrassment tonight. Nobody really deserves 4th and the huge financial boost that comes with it. Utd and Arsenal have both been continually poor and only Kane and Son elevate Spurs with any regularity. Probably the poorest 4-6 in the EPL in a long time. 

If Norwich win it would be one of thee biggest shocks of Premier League history.    Possibly an all around the world shock.   Norwich have been catastrophically bad since their first game.    

It's going to happen isn't it.    With VAR on the go you never know what will happen.   Always a chance of a surprise penalty or a red card. 

2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

tenor.gif

You going incognito around the London bookies to take a wedge off them again? 😄 

Not been in one since the start of the first lockdown. I had to race round half a dozen of them collecting stupid money. I don't recommend walking through Swindon town centre with £3k in your pocket 🤦. Yes Swindon, my reach is quite far. 

My "gambling" days are over I'm afraid

Samuel Camazzola
7 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Not been in one since the start of the first lockdown. I had to race round half a dozen of them collecting stupid money. I don't recommend walking through Swindon town centre with £3k in your pocket 🤦. Yes Swindon, my reach is quite far. 

My "gambling" days are over I'm afraid

Never been. Is it that bad? What David Brent dsaid said about the people of Swindon must be true! 😂 

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Not sure what was worse. The idea that finishing 4th was some kind of achievement anyway, or the faces of Arsenal fans at St James' Park looking like they'd lost a cup final. 

Modern football, eh?

Finishing 4th isn’t an achievement in it’s self, it’s qualifying for the champions league and everything that comes with it that they crave. 

Arsenal have had a free hit at it this year as they had no European games. Now they’ll likely finish 5th and have an extra 10-15 games to try and get in next season. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, jonesy said:

Sure thing, and can understand why smaller teams like West Ham or Leicester might look at it like an achievement. For a once proud club like Arsenal to celebrate simply qualifying for the CL, while finishing 4th in their own league, is a sad indicator of where mega money has brought domestic football leagues

Liverpool aren’t any richer than Arsenal in terms of owner wealth, but they have extended a huge gap in terms of money they can spend because they consistently go deep in the competition. 

If Arsenal had qualified (theoretically they still could but Norwich need to do a number on spurs) you can guarantee they’d spend upwards of £100M on the squad this summer. Now it looks like they won’t qualify so totally changes realistic targets, transfer budget, wage budget, it’s massive. 

the general

I cannot really understand why Sky have a completely biased ex Liverpool player on co commentary

Completely skewes the whole narrative of a game

3 minutes ago, mre said:

The fad for goalies catching the ball into the chest then falling forward is a bit sh1t. 

Southampton are renowned for time wasting. Art form for them. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Southampton are renowned for time wasting. Art form for them. 

specifically around the 75 minute mark