English Premier League.

maroonlegions

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not the biggest fan of Spurs but it’s been a good game to watch, love Leeds press but they’re so bad at the back. Do you need great defenders to press like this?
Interesting watching Spurs play the same system we do and how they get 11 men behind the ball, but attack really well on the break and continually shoot when the chance arises. 

If only football was as easy as just copying another team’s system. 

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Kane is a wonderful passer.  

And with that Kane and Son overtake Lampard and Drogba as the most goals in the EPL for a pair of players in terms of assists and goals. 

Strange that the Brighton v Villa game is delayed - honestly would have thought Villa would have travelled down yesterday. 

19 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Ffs that a penalty surely

Penalty all day long.

VAR up here and a Hearts player does that against one of the OF away or home, and you bet your sweetlife they will be awarded the penalty.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Penalty all day long.

VAR up here and a Hearts player does that against one of the OF away or home, and you bet your sweetlife they will be awarded the penalty.

Not according to the sleeve rule for hand ball

Plus there was an offside in the build up

8 hours ago, the general said:

Not according to the sleeve rule for hand ball

Plus there was an offside in the build up

C’mon General, it was a shocking decision. 
If that happened to us against one of the old firm we would be calling the game corrupt - difficult to see it as any other way tbh

11 hours ago, jambo89 said:

Bielsa left Leeds! 

I tipped them to be challenge for the top 4 at the start of the season :lol:

Any football opinions posted by me on this forum, should be ignored.

The Treasurer
7 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I tipped them to be challenge for the top 4 at the start of the season :lol:

Any football opinions posted by me on this forum, should be ignored.

This could apply to 95% of posters, including me 😕

13 hours ago, jambo89 said:

Bielsa left Leeds! 

Confirmed.

It seems Leeds will appoint Jesse Marsch ex Leipzig as early as tomorrow.

Edited by Mikey1874

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Confirmed.

It seems Leeds will appoint Jesse Marsch ex Leipzig as early as tomorrow.

Will be interesting to see how they have a proper manager in 😁

20 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Strange that the Brighton v Villa game is delayed - honestly would have thought Villa would have travelled down yesterday. 

Even stranger, it was the Brighton team bus that was late, not Villa

16 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Even stranger, it was the Brighton team bus that was late, not Villa

are you sure about that as the pictures yesterday showed villa showing up late due to an accident on the motorway

SectionDJambo
6 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

C’mon General, it was a shocking decision. 
If that happened to us against one of the old firm we would be calling the game corrupt - difficult to see it as any other way tbh

I'm surprised that Liverpool haven't commented. They could lose the title because of the 2 points City may have lost yesterday. There are of course many incidents over a season, but they are getting to the business end of the season in England, and Liverpool have been catching up fast on City.

Rangers could be said to have won a championship because of the Andy Davies corrupt decision giving Rangers 3 instead of 1 point. If I remember correctly, those 2 points were vital at the end of the season.

Managers get sacked and clubs suffer financial stress from mistakes by referees. VAR was supposed to eliminate that in the EPL, but in reality it's only showing up how it doesn't if the officials are incompetent or worse. We never hear about any punishment to a VAR official who has made such an obviously wrong decision as that one yesterday.

Just for clarity, I have no current interest in who wins the EPL.

2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I'm surprised that Liverpool haven't commented. They could lose the title because of the 2 points City may have lost yesterday. There are of course many incidents over a season, but they are getting to the business end of the season in England, and Liverpool have been catching up fast on City.

Rangers could be said to have won a championship because of the Andy Davies corrupt decision giving Rangers 3 instead of 1 point. If I remember correctly, those 2 points were vital at the end of the season.

Managers get sacked and clubs suffer financial stress from mistakes by referees. VAR was supposed to eliminate that in the EPL, but in reality it's only showing up how it doesn't if the officials are incompetent or worse. We never hear about any punishment to a VAR official who has made such an obviously wrong decision as that one yesterday.

Just for clarity, I have no current interest in who wins the EPL.

Liverpool have done fine for VAR decisions this season. 

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Liverpool have done fine for VAR decisions this season. 

They probably have. This also could be the difference between Everton staying up or going down.

The VAR people have to either get stuff like this correct or just bin it completely. When it was brought in it was as said that it would reduce the talking points and make the game too sterile. It’s done the opposite and doesn’t put English officials in a good light.

2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

They probably have. This also could be the difference between Everton staying up or going down.

The VAR people have to either get stuff like this correct or just bin it completely. When it was brought in it was as said that it would reduce the talking points and make the game too sterile. It’s done the opposite and doesn’t put English officials in a good light.

Yes

Aston Villa stayed up a couple a years ago from a goal line technology malfunction when Sheffield United goal not seen. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Will be interesting to see how they have a proper manager in 😁

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

What are Leeds playing at, in sacking such a tactical genius?

Yes my tongue is firmly in my cheek.

It's almost like there is more to professional football than running about, pressing and trying to score. 

Do you reckon the Leeds fans were entertained as they were being rag dolled every other week? 

That's the important thing, is it not? 

🙄

The Grim Reaper
25 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's almost like there is more to professional football than running about, pressing and trying to score. 

Do you reckon the Leeds fans were entertained as they were being rag dolled every other week? 

🙄

Yet the Leeds fans loved him. 

The actual balance is probably somewhere in the middle but as usual Tosh, you wouldn’t understand. 

2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

So basically you want to moan that Man City didn't concede a penalty?

It's been explained and they suffer from more adverse decisions than certainly Liverpool do 

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

🙄

Give it a rest. I saw a post from you on another topic when you said you tried to remain on topic then got dragged in by others 

This one's all on you.

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Give it a rest. I saw a post from you on another topic when you said you tried to remain on topic then got dragged in by others 

This one's all on you.

Stop following me around ya creep. 

SectionDJambo
14 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

So basically you want to moan that Man City didn't concede a penalty?

It's been explained and they suffer from more adverse decisions than certainly Liverpool do 

Nope

I’m only pointing out that VAR has provided far too many inconsistencies and poor decisions. It’s supposed to help the referee. Why don’t they let the referee decide on decisions like yesterday?

I’ve no idea which club, if any, has benefited most times from poor VAR decision making. What I’m saying is, in my opinion, if the EPL VAR mob can’t keep obvious mistakes or poor decisions to an absolute minimum they should pack it in.

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

What was the booing for?  Liverpool being Celtic minded? 

There can be only one Celtic minded club.

And it’s not Liverpool.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

There can be only one Celtic minded club.

And it’s not Liverpool.

Whats the reasoning behind booing our national anthem then? 

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Have they booed it before today?

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Have they booed it before today?

Not that I can ever recall.  No. 

Must be something to do with it being pro-unionist (chelsea) and protest of them being owned by a Ruskie. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

It was :glorious:

Clear and loud as well.