English Premier League.

maroonlegions

22 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Its hard to fix problems like that when the problem players know they have longer contracts than you.

exactly and other reports i've seen is that either ronaldo was initially not allowed to voice his opinion/experience to the younger players or they just ignored it. no matter what you think about ronaldo he has worked very hard to acheive what he has in the game. the story i saw was ronaldo was shocked at how few players stayed behind after training to put extra work in, i would assume things like free kicks, dead balls. The one thing i rememer about beckham was he stayed behind after most training sessions and setup freekick practice and that is why he had such a good deadball delivery

20 minutes ago, frankblack said:

He did not bad as caretaker previously, did he not.  Players won't mess about with him in charge!

the one thing to be careful of is the transition from caretaker to permanent manager can affect performances. the example i would give is johnnie jackson was charlton caretaker manger for 13 games, he won 9 of them, since becoming permanent manager they have played 6 games and this weekend he finally got his first win. it could go the opposite way and they start to win more than they currently are doing but it is not guaranteed

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, qferryjam said:

English Premier League is Overhyped pish , 

They call our wee league a laughing stock and a farmers league because it's a 2 horse race, completely oblivious that the Premier League leaders are miles ahead of second spot and any hope of a title race over already.

Tourist league.

Give me Heart of Midlothian v St Johnstone on a Tuesday night under the lights any day of the week.

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

well that’s Everton looking for a new manager. 

wayne rooney followed by big dunc are the bookies favourite just now. i would say nuno espirito santo at 16s might be a good shout

Maroon Sailor

The plastic red arse will be greetin about Rafa being emptied 🤣

What a fraud Rafa is yet clubs get sucked in by him

33 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

West Ham worse than Leeds at set pieces. 

Certainly having an off day in that respect. I'm thinking 4-2 win for the Irons though

4 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Certainly having an off day in that respect. I'm thinking 4-2 win for the Irons though

🤣 So much for that

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Or maybe not. 

Quite a harsh decision. The same thing went against Antonio a few weeks ago when it wasn't even clear if he touched it or not though so swings and roundabouts.

Unless Wham score in the next 5 minutes it's looking like one winner in this game

18 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Quite a harsh decision. The same thing went against Antonio a few weeks ago when it wasn't even clear if he touched it or not though so swings and roundabouts.

Unless Wham score in the next 5 minutes it's looking like one winner in this game

Very sporting of Jarrod Bowen.

The best team won. 

Malinga the Swinga
30 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Benitez away

Who's next for Goodison park seat of doom? They could ask big Duncan, but as they seem to believe they're a big club who deserve better, stop laughing, they really do, they'll no doubt want a big name manager.

Another manager signing some more overpriced misfits, to go with the rest of mix and match squad.

Would be fantastic if they went down with Newcastle and perhaps Burnley and Norwich somehow stay up.

45 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Very sporting of Jarrod Bowen.

The best team won. 

Agree. WHam looked knackered 

2 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

They call our wee league a laughing stock and a farmers league because it's a 2 horse race, completely oblivious that the Premier League leaders are miles ahead of second spot and any hope of a title race over already.

Tourist league.

Give me Heart of Midlothian v St Johnstone on a Tuesday night under the lights any day of the week.

There were hundreds of tourists from Scotland yesterday watching games not out of place in the Scottish championship devoid of quality disjointed ,  many fans preferring to have a couple extra pints at half time than actually going back out to their seats 

roll on Tuesday 

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

United are absolutely woeful. 
surprised they are so near to fourth tbh.

lose their goalkeeper and they’d be mid table at best. Quite why he is still playing there is baffling 

Have a read up on his current contract terms. Not many clubs could afford it for a star striker! 

Maroon Sailor

Rafa blaming the financial situation and injuries for his sacking

What a surprise

He's a fecking charlatan 

Edited by Maroon Sailor

52 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Rafa blaming the financial situation and injuries for his sacking

What a surprise

He's a fecking charlatan 

If he gets a job in England again the club must be very silly to appoint him. Terrible manager.

"Roberto Martinez is currently favourite to take the vacant Everton job and is being backed to make a remarkable return to Goodison Park."

Nothings really changed except the quality of players he's managed.   This time Everton can afford better players but have to balance the books currently AFAIK.   Rebuild next season if they survive possible relegation. 

Edited by HMFC01

5 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

"Roberto Martinez is currently favourite to take the vacant Everton job and is being backed to make a remarkable return to Goodison Park."

Nothings really changed except the quality of players he's managed.   This time Everton can afford better players but have to balance the books currently AFAIK.   Rebuild next season if they survive possible relegation. 

I wonder if he will want Maloney as his assistant if he got the job. 

Everton need a British manager this time .

18 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I wonder if he will want Maloney as his assistant if he got the job. 

Everton need a British manager this time .

It's a good fall back job when he fails.  That position would have been filled by that time.  A coach position perhaps, if the preferred is taken.  

Yeah a Brittish manager to get some stability back.   I couldn't name one that's got the recent or past credentials.    Not many recent cup winners, such like.   Its mostly did they avoid relegation for x amount of years, example, the Burnley manager.   Could be a good manager for them. 

4 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

It's a good fall back job when he fails.  That position would have been filled by that time.  A coach position perhaps, if the preferred is taken.  

Yeah a Brittish manager to get some stability back.   I couldn't name one that's got the recent or past credentials.    Not many recent cup winners, such like.   Its mostly did they avoid relegation for x amount of years, example, the Burnley manager.   Could be a good manager for them. 

Dyche or Potter maybe OR Rooney maybe Lampard ? 

4 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Dyche or Potter maybe OR Rooney maybe Lampard ? 

That's two good managers there.   Lampard maybe not quite there yet.  A possible future manager for a top club, I don't think he's ready.    He's the opposite of what they need right now.   An attacking manager that could get them relegated.    To be fair Martinez is similar but wiser I would think. 

"The former England midfielder, who missed out on the Crystal Palace post last summer, knows that he needs to pick his next role carefully and is aware that rescuing Norwich from relegation would be extremely difficult. They have toiled since winning promotion and are unlikely to have much to spend during the January transfer window.".  

That quote is from November last year.   An example that he wouldn't have the resources to help him get out of a relegation fight.  Then again, a new manager bounce would possibly last just enough time for them with the quality of players they have. 

3 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

That's two good managers there.   Lampard maybe not quite there yet.  A possible future manager for a top club, I don't think he's ready.    He's the opposite of what they need right now.   An attacking manager that could get them relegated.    To be fair Martinez is similar but wiser I would think. 

"The former England midfielder, who missed out on the Crystal Palace post last summer, knows that he needs to pick his next role carefully and is aware that rescuing Norwich from relegation would be extremely difficult. They have toiled since winning promotion and are unlikely to have much to spend during the January transfer window.".  

That quote is from November last year.   An example that he wouldn't have the resources to help him get out of a relegation fight.  Then again, a new manager bounce would possibly last just enough time for them with the quality of players they have. 

I like Lampard but it is extremely arrogant for him to think he can cherry pick the 'right' club (i.e. the one with most cash to spend) to take on. Mind you, i suppose chucking money at a problem is the mindset he knew best at Chelsea.

7 hours ago, benny said:

Martinez rumoured to be coming back.

What a board.

Maybe he will bring Maloney down for his backroom staff? 😄

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Unreal finish by Spurs

Christ knows how they were behind in the first place. Dominated the game but just couldn’t score. For most of it. 

McGlynn The Money
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Unreal finish by Spurs

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Christ knows how they were behind in the first place. Dominated the game but just couldn’t score. For most of it. 

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Pathetic from Leicester. Bottled it when trying to qualify for CL last year and still bottling it now.

51 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Leicester v Tottenham game was brilliant.    Unbelievable end to the game.   

Reminded me a little bit of a certain derby when all seemed lost one of our players scored two injury time goals.