English Premier League.

maroonlegions

4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Living in the age of Boris I can understand that........👍

This has just started. There's much more 'offensive' but legal material fans can put on banners. 

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

This has just started. There's much more 'offensive' but legal material fans can put on banners. 

I'm all for it....👍

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Someone thinks that's offensive. Reported to Police. 

The only thing that’s offensive is their human rights record (the Saudis, not the Geordies 😎).

5 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

The only thing that’s offensive is their human rights record (the Saudis, not the Geordies 😎).

I don't know.  The sight of fat Geordie blokes with their "taps aff" comes pretty close.

15 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Certainly was. Hanley is a decent Centerhalf, certainly by far the best Scotland has. 

Souttar is better, but Hanley has grown on me , of late.

Is this the Saudis , Team GB sell weapons to? Not sure the Americans are any cleaner either, or the mob that own Man City, but hey the less said, especially about Chelsea, the better. 

There's enough hypocrisy to go round in English fitbaw. 

Emirates Stadium, Etihad stadium and on their shirts, yet they all vote against or abstain, so to Stop Newcastle sponsoring themselves. :rofl: Shitehoose!

Edited by ri Alban

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Is this the Saudis , Team GB sell weapons to? Not sure the Americans are any cleaner either, or the mob that own Man City, but hey the less said, especially about Chelsea, the better. 

There's enough hypocrisy to go round in English fitbaw. 

Emirates Stadium, Etihad stadium and on their shirts, yet they all vote against or abstain, so to Stop Newcastle sponsoring themselves. :rofl: Shitehoose!

It's laughable the way the so called top 6 move the goalposts to suit themselves. As long as they are winning matches 7-0 at a canter due to financial power nobody else is allowed in.

No problem.with fans showing their concerns about Human rights (can only be a good thing) but why has it just started now at English football matches ? Can't have been that concerned before. 

The guys holding that banner will probably be off to Qatar next year

Edited by Maroon Sailor

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Souttar is better, but Hanley has grown on me , of late.

No sure about that. Better on the ball, certainly but Soapy hasn't played at the level Hanley has. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

No sure about that. Better on the ball, certainly but Soapy hasn't played at the level Hanley has. 

Neither has Hanley. 🤣 Norwich are rotten.

On 22/10/2021 at 22:37, Maroon Sailor said:

Man Utd v Liverpool on Sunday

Apparently the most watched club fixture on the planet

In other words the Plastics Derby

Just seen that El Classico is on today as well, so that will explain why Sky have just randomly started making up Man U v Liverpool stats. Would like to know where they are getting that start from, would have thought Barca v Real would have a larger audience viewing. 

Either way, fully expect the Scousers to inflict a heavy defeat on clueless Ole today, and Real to skelp Barca later. 

3 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It's laughable the way the so called top 6 move the goalposts to suit themselves. As long as they are winning matches 7-0 at a canter due to financial power nobody else is allowed in.

No problem.with fans showing their concerns about Human rights (can only be a good thing) but why has it just started now at English football matches ? Can't have been that concerned before. 

The guys holding that banner will probably be off to Qatar next year

Its fair comment on some of the clubs though there is anger among people at letting the Saudi Government apparatus now be associated with the Premier League.

Not sure on rules on protest in England. If politics isn't allowed. Guess some Newcastle fans complained.

Edited by Mikey1874

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Its fair comment on some of the clubs though there is anger among people at letting the Saudi Government apparatus now be associated with the Premier League.

But to criticise people objecting to Saudi human rights abuses? You happy if I rape and torture your wife, mother, daughter or sister. Because they for example campaign for women to be able to do things without a man being with them at all times? For example.

Though maybe women in the North East put up with that sort of thing. 

The UK government sells arms to them, and they don't give a shit about human rights when contracts and board positions for their MPs are on offer.  The FA will just say that if its ok with the UK government then its fine with them.

Just now, frankblack said:

The UK government sells arms to them, and they don't give a shit about human rights when contracts and board positions for their MPs are on offer.  The FA will just say that if its ok with the UK government then its fine with them.

It's fair comment. Good you quoted me before my edit as I do stand by the comments. 

If England wants to ban protests at football matches it will just confirm your point though. As I said earlier there are far more offensive protests I'd imagine are coming. Look up Charlie Hedbo. 

Scotland cricket team just played in Oman. Nice country. UK ally. But you can't criticise the Government or you disappear and / or get tortured. I didn't see any protests. So you could say that's hypocrisy.

But freedom of speech and the right to protest is part of UK not being like Oman. 

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not sure on rules on protest in England. If politics isn't allowed. Guess some Newcastle fans complained.

The clubs are up in arms (especially Liverpool and Spurs) about the financial aspects of the takeover. Human rights was not top of their agendas with this takeover.

Sums that league up

4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Harry Maguire an 80m duffer. Couldn't lace John Souttars boots

He scores the odd goal, like he did against Atalanta, but as a defender he is complete Tom Kite. There are many better than him in both the English Premiership and Championship.

Leicester City laughed all the way to the bank.

I don't think Liverpool will let up, not with Chelsea hitting seven yesterday and Man City hitting four. They know goal difference could be a major factor.

Please take note Heart of Midlothian.

Luckily I don't have an English side that I "support", if pushed I would side with West Ham or Man City....but I say to United for the love of God go and get Conte, he would have this squad winning the EPL within 2 seasons.

Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City will be a very good fight for the title. 

Nothing between them. Like this weekend their record against lesser teams crucial.