English Premier League.

maroonlegions

Maroon Sailor
3 hours ago, the general said:

Wow your the first person ever to say that  :)

but you cannot deny he does improve players and is a brilliant coach

It's a question that people would like to see answered though

Not doubting his ability - handling modern day players is pretty tough I would say

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Billy Gilmour starts again for Chelsea and it must put pressure on the Scotland Manager for the Euros selection especially with McLean and Jack out injured....

Chelsea's Billy Gilmour is the first Scottish teenager to start three consecutive Premier League matches since Grant Hanley for Blackburn in 2010-11.

Arsenal lead 1-0 after a defensive blunder

Great first half for Gilmour. Looks completely at ease at the top level.

Subbed off just now which I found odd. He's having a much better game than Jorginho. 

On 02/05/2021 at 19:26, Footballfirst said:

This article was written in March.

https://www.cityam.com/why-the-premier-league-tv-rights-bubble-really-might-be-about-to-burst-this-time/

The Premier League TV rights for 2022 to 2025 will go under the hammer in the next few months. The outcome of that process could put the competition’s very existence at risk. 

In 2018, the UK segment of the Premier League TV rights sold for £4.5bn, down from a £5.1bn high in 2015. The rights for the next three years are likely to demand a much lower figure. An increase in the value of overseas rights offset the fall in domestic packages last time, but with the global market in decline there is no guarantee of that again.

The overall picture will be a major concern for the Premier League, its member clubs, and ultimately the players whose salaries are effectively paid for by the revenues derived from TV monies.

Domestic rights values in 2015 and 2018 were driven by BT Sport bidding against Sky. More recently Amazon has joined the party, and it was looking good for the Premier League with a product that broadcasters were prepared to bid eye-watering amounts of money to win.   

In late 2017 Sky and BT ended their dispute, allowing each other’s product to be shown on both platforms. Both are now satisfied with the rights they have and have since learned to work with each other.

One of the strategies at both Sky and BT is to cut down on their expensive sports rights spend. This potentially spells trouble for the Premier League.  

Any rights auction needs aggressive bidders and new entrants to maximize the price. If Sky and BT are happy with their rights packages and there are no new entrants, this is likely to be reflected in the price.  

Amazon recently entered the market, but it too seems happy with its package of 20 matches around the Christmas period and it appears unlikely they would want to bid for more.

Netflix and Disney could be potential suitors. But, again, sports rights have limited shelf-lives and they are both likely to stick with scripted drama which naturally has more longevity. 

Outside of a highlights package, it is far too expensive for any free-to-air broadcaster to bid.

Alternative platforms such as YouTube and Facebook are also only likely to be interested in highlights clips. The wildcard could be the sports streamer DAZN.

The challenge facing the Premier League is that if it doesn’t maximise the value of those rights it is likely to face difficult questions from its member clubs.

There are already murmurings of a breakaway European Super League by the six biggest clubs which could easily resurface.

A failure to secure the cash Premier League clubs expect and rely upon could be the catalyst to make this happen.

The Premier League will need to think carefully on how it packages and sells the rights to maximize value for its member clubs.

Covid has changed many business models. Viewers, while desperate to return to live sport, have got used to watching televised games.

Could we see, for example, Premier League TV rights packages sold by member clubs to their supporter bases for all their away games? 

All of this poses another question. What future does the Premier League as a body have if clubs revert to either selling their own rights or forming a breakaway European Super League? 

Nah luck (yet) for the doom merchants. Another 3 year deal. Basically renewing the current deal.

Liverpool team bus delayed.....or is it ?

Bus tyres let down and cars block movement but it may be a 'dummy' bus that is or has been blocked

More news shortly it seems......Manchester United players are already at the stadium

Edited by CJGJ

Samuel Camazzola

I've lost a lot of interest in the PL for around the last decade but it would be lovely to see Liverpool suffer more woes this evening. 

I like Klopp and what he has done is remarkable but cannot take to them as a club. 

Expect Man United to concede (as usual) but a 4-1 would be nice. Open the door for West Ham, Everton etc to hopefully confirm Euro spots. 

Now rumoured to be a 'decoy bus' on the move

Crowds increasing outside the stadium 

3-0 Victory to Liverpool to be awarded  😄.............................................................................................

Should it not take place of course.....this time I think it will be on

Going to be a bit controversial perhaps.

But ultimately Everton and Aston Villa have both disappointed after early promise. In the end only West Ham have properly challenged at the top end. 

Samuel Camazzola
7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Red bus was a decoy......Liverpool party arrived at another entrance in 2 black buses

Seems like AC12 had a plan to to fool the OCG. 

Maroon Sailor

Should be given as a goal for Fernandes - looked like it was going in

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Should be given as a goal for Fernandes - looked like it was going in

Yeah 

Not fair on defender either 

Samuel Camazzola
Just now, Sooperstar said:

Cannae believe the commentary team talking that up as a penalty!

Fair play to the ref for correcting himself but it never even looked like a foul at the time. 

6 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Cannae believe the commentary team talking that up as a penalty!

Of course it was a penalty

Life is simple and if it was our derby match you'd be certain it was a penalty..................even if it was not !!!!!

1-1 and good goal from Jota

Byyy The Light
9 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Fair play to the ref for correcting himself but it never even looked like a foul at the time. 

Agreed 

Samuel Camazzola

I can't believe they keep showing the replay. 😂. Its never a foul no matter what angle or speed it's played at. Legit and controlled interception. 

Interesting to hear Keane and Souness' take on it...

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I can't believe they keep showing the replay. 😂. Its never a foul no matter what angle or speed it's played at. Legit and controlled interception. 

Interesting to hear Keane and Souness' take on it...

Apart from Neville and Carra no other ex pro thinks it was a penalty

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Apart from Neville and Carra no other ex pro thinks it was a penalty

I can't see how a kid would aspire to be a footballer nowadays with the sanitised version of the game that is given excessive exposure. 

46 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I worry for Robertson against Rashford at the Euros. 😥

I don't....Robertson has dealt with him comfortably in the wide area? 

Samuel Camazzola
2 minutes ago, GYL said:

I don't....Robertson has dealt with him comfortably in the wide area? 

Laterly he's not had much to deal with but first 15 he was exposed often. Would rather see Tierney there. 

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

Redknapp the only one talking some sense at half time! 

Makes a change !

Last Sunday, my mate's laddies 2010s team lost 3 goals pretty much the same as Man U did there.

And it was the 7 a-sides.

Edited by DETTY29

3 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Laterly he's not had much to deal with but first 15 he was exposed often. Would rather see Tierney there. 

Tierney will play there or more likely on the left of a back 3...its Clarkes preferred system. 👍

The Hogfather

Fred is a true inspiration story. If he can become a regular starter at one of the biggest clubs in the world, then I'm surely bound for Real Madrid in the summer.

10 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Redknapp the only one talking some sense at half time! 

"Sounness has gone soft" at which point Sounness completely loses it.😄