English Premier League.

maroonlegions

15 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

You just know with the chances Liverpool are missing that late goal from Newcastle will arrive

So many created and yet finishing so poor....15 mins or so to go

What did I tell you 1-1 in injury time

OH OH..DISALLOWED FOR HAND BALL..lucky lucky and still 1-0

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

manaliveits105

Delighted after hearing scousers getting interviewed about the super league on talksport and one of them actually saying - we have more history than any other club - deluded erseholes - well done Newcastle - Saint maximim is most exciting player to appear for years - cant see them hanging on to him

2 hours ago, Hearts007 said:

Liverpool deary me

Against Leeds, Liverpool were very good first half. Pressed very well. But for some reason second half around 55 minutes Liverpool stood off Leeds who basically dominated the rest of the game. Liverpool did miss chances counter attacking so there is an argument it was fair enough. 

Perhaps Liverpool are trying new things. Perhaps they don't have the fitness levels. I still say a lot of their players stopped working so hard after winning league. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Against Leeds, Liverpool were very good first half. Pressed very well. But for some reason second half around 55 minutes Liverpool stood off Leeds who basically dominated the rest of the game. Liverpool did miss chances counter attacking so there is an argument it was fair enough. 

Perhaps Liverpool are trying new things. Perhaps they don't have the fitness levels. I still say a lot of their players stopped working so hard after winning league. 

👍

stranraer-jambo
2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

they have done it..1-1 in time added on for VAR

Liverpool's season summed up...domination but cannot finish

Sure I heard Jeff Stelling say 146 attempts at goal since start of the year and only 4 goals. 

The Hogfather

I'll be honest, I turned it off as soon as he pulled out the red. VAR has ruined any enjoyment I had in watching English football.

Dreadful system run by clueless wannabe celebrities.

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Utterly ridiculous sending off...and I say that as a Chelsea fan. What's he meant to do with his foot after kicking the ball?

I've lost count of how many times I've watched it trying to find a way to blame balbuena and justify the decision but the truth is it's just a laughable sending off. He surely didn't watch the same thing that i did!

I don't think West Ham were going to find an equaliser but that totally killed the game.

F’n joke of a decision 

Chelsea clever with their fouls too

Shame these injuries and a squad just a bit thin is costing us but still a good season ⚒

2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

F’n joke of a decision 

Shame these injuries and a squad just a bit thin is costing us but still a good season ⚒

I was laughing when they were looking at the fixtures. They normally analysing our fixtures to suss out our chances of staying up! What an amazing season

3 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

I was laughing when they were looking at the fixtures. They normally analysing our fixtures to suss out our chances of staying up! What an amazing season

Can’t remember the last time I was so optimistic 

Possibly 86 😀😀

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

F’n joke of a decision 

That was a shocker. How Moyes kept his cool is incredible. 

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

That was a shocker. How Moyes kept his cool is incredible. 

I’d imagine it’ll be rescinded like Souceks was but that’s **** all use.

Seen pens given for the handball too.

Having said all that thought Chelsea were decent 

Fozzyonthefence

How was that Brighton goal given as offside?  Not one pundit mentioned it but that header from the corner went backwards before the guy ran from an offside position to knock it in.  Am I missing something here but surely the ball has to be played forward for it to be offside?!

It is an interesting situation that I have seen no criticism of Wolves or their manager all season. 

It is possible to go under the radar. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It is an interesting situation that I have seen no criticism of Wolves or their manager all season. 

It is possible to go under the radar. 

they have missed jiminez and to a lesser extent jota. but yes there does seem to be a lack of criticism of wolves as they seem to have went stale 

The Treasurer
16 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I’d imagine it’ll be rescinded like Souceks was but that’s **** all use.

Seen pens given for the handball too.

Having said all that thought Chelsea were decent 

I'm not saying West Ham would have equalised but the red card killed any chance of an exciting finish to the game. 

7 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I'm not saying West Ham would have equalised but the red card killed any chance of an exciting finish to the game. 

Just a couple of the right kind of signings in the summer could be a belting season next season.

Or we’ll “West Ham it” and implode 😀

Edited by Jamhammer

5 minutes ago, Van Wilder said:

Boring as hell. 

Leeds stifling Man Utd to 0-0 draw. Fairly comfortably. 

After losing 6-2 first game too.  

8 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Just a couple of the right kind of signings in the summer could be a belting season next season.

Or we’ll “West Ham it” and implode 😀

You have to think about your competition though. 

A few clubs in league could be stronger next season. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

You have to think about your competition though. 

A few clubs in league could be stronger next season. 

Yeah mate but, for me the 2 really encouraging things Moyes has brought, this season is really good signings, (Soucek and Coufal), without spending much at all but, more than that it’s the team spirit. They seem happy, no passengers, work hard and don’t let heads drop when they concede.

Best season in decades 

Malinga the Swinga

Spurs got what they deserved, nothing. No attempt to attack, just sit back and hope for penalties. 

If City replace Sterling with a real forward, they could be unstoppable next season. Jesus isn't good enough, but Lane or Harland would be sufficient. Both and Sterling could go elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Spurs got what they deserved, nothing. No attempt to attack, just sit back and hope for penalties. 

If City replace Sterling with a real forward, they could be unstoppable next season. Jesus isn't good enough, but Lane or Harland would be sufficient. Both and Sterling could go elsewhere. 

They deserve credit for improving and producing their attacking interplay. Though Dias in defence is possibly as important. 

Agreed that they are complete with Kane or Haaland. 

It's going to be interesting to see the effect of the return of the fans. It might not be possible to know completely. Say if West Ham do badly or Liverpool are suddenly back to their best. 

I watched Chelsea play their best football under Frank Lampard against Leeds when I think the 2,000 fans made a difference. 

Fozzyonthefence
On 25/04/2021 at 19:14, Malinga the Swinga said:

Sterling is a strange player to watch - some (rarely) days he looks unplayable but others he looks like a pub league player who can’t kick the ball properly.   Don’t think he is good enough for City and agree they would take some stopping with Kane or Haaland at domestic and Champions League level.   Domestically I don’t think anyone would lay a glove on them. 

Mikey1874
On 10/04/2021 at 14:36, Footballfirst said:

Fernandinho should have been sent off late on for taking out Raphinha.  The Leeds player was running at pace, and by making no attempt to play the ball the City player "endangered" his opponent.

The Leeds player is still out injured. 

So its him that got the 3 match ban.

I know it’s not premier league but anyone see Uche goal today ? Screamer . The guy does more running to celebrate a goal than he does when playing 😂 good goal though . 

alwaysthereinspirit

Idiot Man Utd fans breaking into Old Trafford. Breaking camera and equipment live on TV. Morons. Bad enough breaking in...but why smash things?