English Premier League.

maroonlegions

i wonder if mourinho calling out bale a few weeks ago for tweeting he had a good training session, while mourinho said something like all he did was get tratment during it has rguven bale the massive kick he has needed to actually try and perform. 

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See Lee Mason was meant to be 4th official at the Sheff Utd v Liverpool game tonight, but has been pulled out to injury. How convenient.

13 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i wonder if mourinho calling out bale a few weeks ago for tweeting he had a good training session, while mourinho said something like all he did was get tratment during it has rguven bale the massive kick he has needed to actually try and perform. 

If that was the plan it is working today. So far 2 goals and a lovely assist. 

1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I see Tierney at Arsenal still hasn’t shaken the Celtic teachings instilled in him by that scummy club. Trying to get an opposition carded and faking a head knock. You can take the boy away from the scum but you can’t take the scum away from the boy.

The irony is there's a video doing the rounds of him shouting at someone calling them a diving **** :lol:

6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

If that was the plan it is working today. So far 2 goals and a lovely assist. 

hasn't he also been good in their last few games?

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

hasn't he also been good in their last few games?

Yeah, but today there’s been more work all over the pitch. I’m not sure there will be many defences too keen on facing an on-form Bale, Kane, Son, and Lucas Moura. 

alwaysthereinspirit
45 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

The irony is there's a video doing the rounds of him shouting at someone calling them a diving **** :lol:

I just read that.  It only happened 4 days ago against Benfica. Doubt he’s the sharpest tool in the shed. But he’s definitely a tool.

alwaysthereinspirit
40 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Yeah, but today there’s been more work all over the pitch. I’m not sure there will be many defences too keen on facing an on-form Bale, Kane, Son, and Lucas Moura. 

How in Gods name did Burnley give a talent like Bale that much space for his second goal. Nice finish all the same. 

1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

How in Gods name did Burnley give a talent like Bale that much space for his second goal. Nice finish all the same. 

Watching his one touch passes and movement of the ball he is still world class but I still think he has to play in a certain way to nurse his body along. If you watch him he won’t make sharp or sudden movements. It looks like he is trying to be elegant in his movement all the time but I think it’s more about managing things physically. Good to see him losing the Burnley player for pace in the first half, good to know he can still do that when he needs to. 

alwaysthereinspirit
9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Watching his one touch passes and movement of the ball he is still world class but I still think he has to play in a certain way to nurse his body along. If you watch him he won’t make sharp or sudden movements. It looks like he is trying to be elegant in his movement all the time but I think it’s more about managing things physically. Good to see him losing the Burnley player for pace in the first half, good to know he can still do that when he needs to. 

One of the best player in the world for a couple of years 5/6 years back. Pleasure to watch. Hope he continues to get game time and is starting in the league cup final. Maybe even in Europe if they keep going.

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

This entire game is hard work. 

Only 20  more minutes of this crap to go.

Hopefully Keane will get on his high horse in his post match review. 

I rarely if ever bothered with the EPL pre-pandemic so can't imagine it being anything other than worse now without crowds. I couldn't be arsed with it at all.

Edited by JDK2020

1 minute ago, JDK2020 said:

I rarely if ever bothered with the EPL pre-pandemic so can't imagine it being anything other than worse now without crowds. I couldn't be arsed with it at all.

Rhian Brewster isn't good enough. Controversial perhaps. At 17 he was the great new thing. Barely gets a few minutes at £20 plus million. 

Dan James has hit form. Many expected him to go on loan. But his delivering on his potential. 

I haven't seen Aston Villa so much recently. But I was surprised a lot of people were questioning how well they fought and scrapped against Leeds suggesting they haven't been always doing that. Ross Barclay not first choice even with Grealish injured. 

McTominay and Stuart Armstrong should be first choice in central midfield for Scotland. Though no one is as good as Fred. 

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Delighted to see Solskjaer whining over a penalty decision, the ****ing fraud

Must be raging that's 90 minutes without getting one.

gashauskis9

I see Bale is the best player in the world again according to the media, after scoring 2 goals at home against Burnley. 

Maroon Sailor

Not Premier league but if any of the prima donnas in that league did this they'd be drooling all over them

Maroon Sailor
4 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

Bloody shame.  I liked him, always had a good manner about him.  

The famous Glenn Roeder shuffle. Not bad for a tall central defender.

16 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Delighted to see Solskjaer whining over a penalty decision, the ****ing fraud

Whining like a bitch about stuff Chelsea had put on their website in order to influence people - as if match officials read Chelsea's website. 

Also did his best to wind up Tuchel with his constant lol-ing and handclapping anytime his team ventured over the half way line. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
19 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Whining like a bitch about stuff Chelsea had put on their website in order to influence people - as if match officials read Chelsea's website. 

Also did his best to wind up Tuchel with his constant lol-ing and handclapping anytime his team ventured over the half way line. 

Solskjaer’s tactics consist of “er, someone do something”. That’s literally it. A joke of a coach.

18 hours ago, benny said:

Fernandez goes missing against a top 6 side again and an out of form Rashford again.

Another player who gets a puzzling high opinion spread about him on a weekly basis.  

I see Scholes dug him out today.  

No doubting his ability but comes across as a stroller to me. Plays on the “he’s a leader” stuff by showing some anger at a misplaced pass now and again. 

Where’s the work rate?  Where’s the hunger to go and look for the ball?  He just waits.  

37 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Another player who gets a puzzling high opinion spread about him on a weekly basis.  

I see Scholes dug him out today.  

No doubting his ability but comes across as a stroller to me. Plays on the “he’s a leader” stuff by showing some anger at a misplaced pass now and again. 

Where’s the work rate?  Where’s the hunger to go and look for the ball?  He just waits.  

add to the fact that he likes a dive and i'm sure ive seen him slyly leave his foot in on opponents

Just seen the Man City bench, ffs must be about 400 million quids worth of players sitting there and the first 11 aren’t too bad either!

17 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Just seen the Man City bench, ffs must be about 400 million quids worth of players sitting there and the first 11 aren’t too bad either!

Aye but could they do it at Inverness on a cold Friday night 

Man City still deserve a lot of credit.

Different team to first part of season. They sorted out their 2 main problems. Who would have thought Stones (on bench tonight) would improve their defence along with Ruban Dias. 

But mainly they sorted out their attack which had become slow and one dimensional. Guardiola and the players deserve a lot of credit. They move the ball a lot quicker and move better. Shows it can be done. 

the general
48 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Different team to first part of season. They sorted out their 2 main problems. Who would have thought Stones (on bench tonight) would improve their defence along with Ruban Dias. 

But mainly they sorted out their attack which had become slow and one dimensional. Guardiola and the players deserve a lot of credit. They move the ball a lot quicker and move better. Shows it can be done. 

Been a bit sluggish last 2 games like they are trying to coast games due to fixtures upcoming

Sunday pretty much title decider.

1 hour ago, the general said:

Been a bit sluggish last 2 games like they are trying to coast games due to fixtures upcoming

Sunday pretty much title decider.

Kev back to something like his best tonight.

Mahrez playing well helps as well.

On 01/03/2021 at 13:28, Maroon Sailor said:

Not Premier league but if any of the prima donnas in that league did this they'd be drooling all over them

What a goal 🙋‍♂️

Malinga the Swinga
11 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

If only we had a spare couple of billion pounds to buy players of that quality. 

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

If only we had a spare couple of billion pounds to buy players of that quality. 

Aye,hopefully covid rules will be lifted untimely for poppy sales.  The money could come in handy

9 minutes ago, benny said:

Man City undefeated since 2010 in an midweek premier league game.

A 1/0 defeat to Spurs at the Etihad.

they are only the third team to win 21 or more games in a row alongside real madrid in 2014 and bayern munich in 2020. in both those years madrid and bayern won the champions league

alwaysthereinspirit

Eze from Palace will end up at a much bigger club. What an engine. Glides with the ball too.

9 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Eze from Palace will end up at a much bigger club. What an engine. Glides with the ball too.

he reminds me a bit of antonio at west ham. however eze does drop out of games more and can be inneffective but should improve that

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

he reminds me a bit of antonio at west ham. however eze does drop out of games more and can be inneffective but should improve that

He is good isn't he? We now think we have someone other than Wilf who can influence games. Agree with you that he drops out of games but a lot of Palace fans think this is because of where he is played (out wide) rather than in the middle of the pitch where he can influence games more. The best thing for me is how he moves (or glides) across the pitch. Reminds me of Willie Gibson!!

Interesting reaction to the game last night. Media (mainly Manchester focused) calling it a bore draw whereas from Palace's perspective a decent point and much better performance than in recent games.

Seymour M Hersh
8 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Have BT sent one cameraman with a stepladder to Craven Cottage? 

That's the new stand over the river they're building so perhaps it's giving the ladder impression.

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

That's the new stand over the river they're building so perhaps it's giving the ladder impression.

I think they can’t get a high camera position yet as there’s a big trussing structure at the front of the new structure.