English Premier League.

maroonlegions

6 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Moyes seems to have turned that lot around! Just maybe he is not the shite manager that people say he is ?

The folk that say Moyes is a shite manager have hidden agendas, and reasons, for saying so, Jock.  👍

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Moyes seems to have turned that lot around! Just maybe he is not the shite manager that people say he is ?

moyes has never been a shite manager. Remember folk on here didn’t want him at hearts 😂

19 minutes ago, Morgan said:

The folk that say Moyes is a shite manager have hidden agendas, and reasons, for saying so, Jock.  👍

Agreed Morgan! There are some on here that would be wanting him gone because we only managed a draw 🤣 Seriously though when we were looking and he was a free agent there were plenty saying he was merde!

Fxxx the SPFL

As much as Tierney is a good player he's also a diving cheating we bassa just went down clutching his head when replay showed that the foul was nowhere near his head. even the commentator pointed that out

22 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

You don't know the Laws of the Game

Probably thought you knew them 30 years ago.

All in the mucking about with the game. It’s never a pen, laws tweaked or not. 

To me, it’s like rules in life, there’s right and wrong but football is a huge grey area now.  

What next? A defender turning away from goal at a clearance and an in-rushing forward is accidentally knocked over in the melee.....penalty?

But the new geeky fans love all this because they live out of rule books.  

Edited by Debut 4

57 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

All in the mucking about with the game. It’s never a pen, laws tweaked or not. 

To me, it’s like rules in life, there’s right and wrong but football is a huge grey area now.  

What next? A defender turning away from goal at a clearance and an in-rushing forward is accidentally knocked over in the melee.....penalty?

But the new geeky fans love all this because they live out of rule books.  

Defender caught him with his raised leg. 

Doesn't matter he didn't mean it. 

Your scenario is correct. 

Southampton penalty claim turned down, thanks to VAR. Exactly the same as the one given against us v QoS, boy kicks his leg into the defender and goes down. Grahame Souness rightly calling it out as cheating. Yet up here the pundits were praising the QoS player. Mental.

Edited by Jamie Walker Tash

Father of Liverpool goalkeeper drowns in his native Brazil

Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson Becker's father, Jose Agostinho Becker, has died aged 57 in Brazil.

Local police inspector Doroteo Machado Filho said Becker drowned at a dam near his holiday home in Lavras do Sul.

Liverpool said they are "deeply saddened" by the death and asked for privacy for Alisson and his family.

"The thoughts of everybody at the club are with Alisson and the Becker family at this incredibly sad and difficult time," the Premier League club tweeted.

Alisson's former club Internacional, as well as fellow Brazilian club Fluminense, where his brother Muriel plays, have also expressed their sadness.

Alisson's Liverpool team-mates Adrian and Virgil van Dijk both expressed their support on Instagram, the former writing: "We are all with you hermano."

I would imagine he'll be out for at least 2 weeks taking into account Covid isolation procedures should he go home to Brazil

Edited by CJGJ

On 21/02/2021 at 17:18, Morgan said:

At Everton and Preston??? And now West Ham he's proving what he can actually do. At Man U, I think the players were the problem. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

At Everton and Preston??? And now West Ham he's proving what he can actually do. At Man U, I think the players were the problem. 

A year or two after he was sacked at Man U he was on Sky and said something along the lines that the club needed a major rebuild and that people would be shocked at the state of the club and its infrastructure. 

He was also badly let down by Woodward eg the signing of Felani was a disaster for him.

4 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

A year or two after he was sacked at Man U he was on Sky and said something along the lines that the club needed a major rebuild and that people would be shocked at the state of the club and its infrastructure. 

He was also badly let down by Woodward eg the signing of Felani was a disaster for him.

Surely Fellaini would've been a Moyes signing

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Man united just repeated themselves after the retirement of Matt Busby. They are giving Solskjaer far more leeway than they ever gave Moyes and others.

10 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Agreed.  👍

He made an arse of it in Spain but that may have been down to a variety of reasons, the lingo being one of them.

I would love him at Hearts!

Just now, Morgan said:

Agreed.  👍

He made an arse of it in Spain but that may have been down to a variety of reasons, the lingo being one of them.

I would love him at Hearts!

Too expensive. And I don't think Scotland can afford him when Clark leaves after the euros for the manky mob. 

City v West Ham today.

Huge game for both.

The first of 3 in a row home league games for City.

Some big games coming up for Chelsea as well.

Two wins in their next games make them a good bet for a champions league place.

Good game at Etihad. West Ham playing well again.

Fair play to Moyesie. He’s got them playing for each other, working hard and they look pretty solid. Most unlike West Ham.

Citeh are class though. Gonna be a hard 45

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, Furious Styles said:

ridiculous stuff. 

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Goal, no goal, goal, no goal, free kick, I think 😆

I might never make fun of Scottish football officials ever again.

Just kidding.

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I might never make fun of Scottish football officials ever again.

Just kidding.

definitely a ‘what happened next’ moment on question of sport. 

Brighton just missed a second penalty. Wellbeck  hits the post and miss-controls the rebound. Commentator queries why an indirect kick is awarded to West Brom and suggests off-side. You would think they would know the rules.

Maroon Sailor

That could have huge consequences for Brighton come the end of the season.

Similar to the Sheff Utd goal at Aston Villa that wasn't awarded last season that helped Villa survive.

Could you imagine the furore up here if Lee Mason had made that decision against one of the ugliest?

He would be getting his P45 by hand this morning.

16 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Could you imagine the furore up here if Lee Mason had made that decision against one of the ugliest?

He would be getting his P45 by hand this morning.

It was an absolute shocker. MOTD showed Lewis dunk has done that previously against Liverpool and the goal stood. Almost as bad as the two penalty misses Brighton had.

5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

It was an absolute shocker. MOTD showed Lewis dunk has done that previously against Liverpool and the goal stood. Almost as bad as the two penalty misses Brighton had.

They only have themselves to blame for the penalty misses. 

4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Looks as if Mason has panicked when he seen the goalie was away for a pie.

He has blown a 2nd whistle before the ball goes in. How MotD explained it.

Never seen it live, did var official tell him the ball wasn't in for the 2nd whistle?

Must admit, I didn't any whistles.

Not Lee Masons finest moment.

Good laugh for everyone  except  Brighton or punters with money on it?:lol:

Two missed penalties dont help.

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Looks as if Mason has panicked when he seen the goalie was away for a pie.

He has blown a 2nd whistle before the ball goes in. How MotD explained it.

Never seen it live, did var official tell him the ball wasn't in for the 2nd whistle?

Must admit, I didn't any whistles.

Not Lee Masons finest moment.

Good laugh for everyone  except  Brighton or punters with money on it?:lol:

Two missed penalties dont help.

It was hilarious, I watched it live. It looked like the player hitting the free kick said he was ready to play and the ref has blew his whistle then noticed the goalkeeper was still over at the post so he blew again, everyone goes bonkers and starts arguing with him and then someone in his ear tells him you blew the whistle to start the game so he awards the goal and then the West Brom players all go nuts and then VAR gets involved and decides he blew the second whistle before the ball crossed the line so no goal 😂

harsh on Brighton he shouldn’t have blew the original whistle if he wasn’t ready for the game to begin. It wasn’t as if it was a quick free kick either they were standing over the ball a good 20-30 seconds before the first whistle. Goal should have stood imo 

ps Brighton missed 2 penalties  and missed a near enough open goal from 8 yards out. Funny as feck for anyone watching apart from Brighton fans obv 

Edited by James1874f

the question i would ask what is the difference between yesterdays disallowed goal and this one brighton scored from around 2.14 for the goal

27 minutes ago, James1874f said:

It was hilarious, I watched it live. It looked like the player hitting the free kick said he was ready to play and the ref has blew his whistle then noticed the goalkeeper was still over at the post so he blew again, everyone goes bonkers and starts arguing with him and then someone in his ear tells him you blew the whistle to start the game so he awards the goal and then the West Brom players all go nuts and then VAR gets involved and decides he blew the second whistle before the ball crossed the line so no goal 😂

harsh on Brighton he shouldn’t have blew the original whistle if he wasn’t ready for the game to begin. It wasn’t as if it was a quick free kick either they were standing over the ball a good 20-30 seconds before the first whistle. Goal should have stood imo 

ps Brighton missed 2 penalties  and missed a near enough open goal from 8 yards out. Funny as feck for anyone watching apart from Brighton fans obv 

Cheers

If the ref isn't sorting the wall or talking to a player, a quick one should be allowed.

Other than that you clearly tell everyone to wait for the whistle. Its up to the ref then to check all is set. Which he never.

A bit like the Wales try yesterday too. All the English were having a picnic whe the ref blew. Joyous.

5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the question i would ask what is the difference between yesterdays disallowed goal and this one brighton scored from around 2.14 for the goal

Nothing from what I could see on MotD.

That ref didn't shit his pants.

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

Nothing from what I could see on MotD.

That ref didn't shit his pants.

exactly the only difference is the ref arsing it up by disallowing it yesterday

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Paul Hartley did it against Artur Boruc when he was in goal for Celtic at the school end Tynecastle.

Yes but I don’t think the ref blew his whistle twice!  I’m sure we would have heard all about it from Celtic.  Or maybe not on that occasion as it helped stop Rangers qualify for the Champions League! 

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Paul Hartley did it against Artur Boruc when he was in goal for Celtic at the school end Tynecastle.

Hampden against the vermin

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Hampden against the vermin

Don’t think that was really the same scenario.  The one v Celtic was more similar in the sense iirc Boruc wasn’t ready.  The one at Hampden was just a good free kick and a shit keeper getting beaten at his near post. 

19 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Don’t think that was really the same scenario.  The one v Celtic was more similar in the sense iirc Boruc wasn’t ready.  The one at Hampden was just a good free kick and a shit keeper getting beaten at his near post. 

Agreed.

alwaysthereinspirit

I see Tierney at Arsenal still hasn’t shaken the Celtic teachings instilled in him by that scummy club. Trying to get an opposition carded and faking a head knock. You can take the boy away from the scum but you can’t take the scum away from the boy.

5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

They only have themselves to blame for the penalty misses. 

Oh man I didn’t even know they had two pens until I read that.

Thats them on my betting blacklist now anyway.

B3F5DE04-ABC2-4E6E-A714-EE8FEC6C5214.jpeg

There was a very good point made on MotD last night about the free kick. 

If you're on a promising attack and get fouled, why should the defending team get a chance to get back into position and set up, rather than just being allowed to take the free kick quickly. It doubly punishes the attacking team, who lose the initial chance for the foul, and then don't get the chance to take it quickly and effectively play on. 

That Dunk free kick should have stood, mainly because the referee gave the go ahead to take it. You can't then shite it when it's leading to a goal, you have to stick with the original decision. Disgraceful scenes and it's the sort of thing that if it happened to us, I'd hold a grudge about it for the rest of my life. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

FFS. missed the 1st Spurs goal as I was making a coffee at kick off, then went to rinse the mug when I’d drank it and missed the 2nd. 

It could've been worse - they nearly scored twice in between the goals 😅

11 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Taz, did you get that one ? 😄

Yep. Not a game to leave the room during. I just hope Mourinho doesn’t close it down after half time and let’s the team keep playing as they are.