English Premier League.

maroonlegions

12 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

been won for a few weeks in my view. avoid defeat tomorrow and they're gonna win it in a canter by about 12/15 points

Agree

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

been won for a few weeks in my view. avoid defeat tomorrow and they're gonna win it in a canter by about 12/15 points

even if they get beat tomorrow i see them winning the title by at least 8 points

The Old Tolbooth

City won’t lose it from here, they’ve found themselves  in an unbelievable position (and unlikely from their form in the first quarter), snd they simply won’t blow this now. They know how to hold onto a lead at the top of the league, but it would be a very different story of Liverpool hadn’t been operating with half a team all season, they’ll be back next year for sure. 

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

Maroon Sailor
9 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

How unlucky were Southampton. 
deserved a draw at least

Might have scraped one if Newcastle went down to 8 men 🤣

Samuel Camazzola
10 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

How unlucky were Southampton. 
deserved a draw at least

Adams impressed again. Is there still talk of him being called up by Scotland or has he stated he wants to play elsewhere? 

Southampton 'goal' disallowed after Ings flagged for offside despite a defender intentionally playing the ball before it got to Ings.

Thought they'd decided that now means someone is onside?

Only saw motd so apologies if this was covered during the game

Edited by Taffin

Maroon Sailor
9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Southampton 'goal' disallowed after Ings flagged for offside despite a defender intentionally playing the ball before it got to Ings.

Thought they'd decided that now means someone is onside?

Only saw motd so apologies if this was covered during the game

Ings was offside from the initial shot by Redmond that was partially blocked 

Officials got it spot on for once

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Ings was offside from the initial shot by Redmond that was partially blocked 

Officials got it spot on for once

It was partially blocked, but then  another Newcastle stretched and intentionally played the ball prior to it reaching Ings. 

Their reasoning for Rodri being inside was that once a defender deliberately plays the ball, everyone is back onside. It's a crock of nonsense but if Rodri was onside, then on their reasoning, Ings was onside.

Edited by Taffin

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It was partially blocked, but then  another Newcastle stretched and intentionally played the ball prior to it reaching Ings. 

Their reasoning for Rodri being inside was that once a defender deliberately plays the ball, everyone is back onside. It's a crock of nonsense but if Rodri was onside, then on their reasoning, Ings was onside.

Thought that Newcastle player swiped and missed it hence why it got through to Ings

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Thought that Newcastle player swiped and missed it hence why it got through to Ings

Maybe he did miss it and that would explain it; I did only see it on MOTD but certainly looked like he played it to me. Might watch it back out of curiosity. 

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Taffin said:

Maybe he did miss it and that would explain it; I did only see it on MOTD but certainly looked like he played it to me. Might watch it back out of curiosity. 

Definitely missed it - the spin of the ball from the partially blocked shot did him

Bizarre scenes at White Hart Lane. 
Mourinho has set the team up to attack. And they’re doing it non stop since kick off, it’s quite refreshing.  

It’s impressive how quickly diving has moved onto the next level in the EPL. It used to be players just falling to the ground, now it’s falling over at any contact, or moving your leg to make sure there’s contact before you fall over. It’s still cheating. 

That was crazy that.    The wall for man City, they had a trooper laying straight out on the ground to block any ricochet between the players feet.    The keeper must have said move him along abit,  so his team mate drags him along a touch the the right by his neck/ chin.    Mental stuff. 

3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

That was crazy that.    The wall for man City, they had a trooper laying straight out on the ground to block any ricochet between the players feet.    The keeper must have said move him along abit,  so his team mate drags him along a touch the the right by his neck/ chin.    Mental stuff. 

They lie there incase the taker tries to put it under the jumping wall. A few teams do it now

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

They lie there incase the taker tries to put it under the jumping wall. A few teams do it now

😀 

Aye, it's just the way he shifted him like a piece of furniture or luggage.   Instead of shifting along abit himself. 

Just looked weird.    Funny though. 

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

😀

Aye, it's just the way he shifted him like a piece of furniture or luggage.   Instead of shifting along abit himself. 

That was funny

2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

😀

I tried to explain it to my missus but she didn't see why it was funny. 🙄

34 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It’s impressive how quickly diving has moved onto the next level in the EPL. It used to be players just falling to the ground, now it’s falling over at any contact, or moving your leg to make sure there’s contact before you fall over. It’s still cheating. 

I rest my case. 

38 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Another super duper top flight fixture in England that is as dull as dishwater. 

I'm watching Hercule Poirot recorded.  Most prem games are dull with the exception of man u v Everton yesterday.  

VAR also runing the game now.  Wtf was that sending off about yesterday.   Better off just punching the ref and doing it properly.  Get yours money worth for the red.